• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    digi-kun said:
    ATTENTION!
    Hare Hare Yukai has made #2 ON THE ORICON
    trailing Orange Range's Champione

What can I say? =P Hare Hare FTW! Though it should beat Orange Range's Champione.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    it might just get up there while the week progresses

EDIT: nvm, just fell down to #10

Last edited:

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Hmm, one question for you guys: Is this anime out in the US yet? o_O;;

But anyways, I have a friend who seems to like the anime, and I'm kinda starting to like Yuki... since he did have her in his DP on MSN... meh, whatever...

I recently got pictures of the anime from the friend I mentioned above... and it seems that this anime is starting to pick up on my Interest...

Whatever, but the power of Internet is so powerful, even people who don't live in the US or Japan can hear of such animes... =P

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    no of course not, it's not even done in Japan, and thus not here

either way, i don't think people would find interest in this anime, this not being a Shounen (besides the fanservice) or a long series. And both ways, the episode order is WAY out of proportion to the novel

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    digi-kun said:

either way, i don't think people would find interest in this anime, this not being a Shounen (besides the fanservice) or a long series. And both ways, the episode order is WAY out of proportion to the novel

Nonsense! This anime looks cool from the way I see it! And I can't wait for this anime to air in our country pretty soon...

Israfel

Insert title here
    Years
    digi-kun said:

No way, this anime is awesome. It's very popular in Japan already, and I'm sure it'll do good when it's brought to America.

Really, this anime has everything to succeed. Likeable characters (which are not cliche'd), original plot, top notch animation, and good comedy; it breaks with the traditional school life anime, and it has no creative boundaries, and knows it. What more can you ask for?

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Same goes for AIR, but it never got over here

Simply put, the current anime fad in America (the dub fans) tend to be more of Shounen, fighting and such

Also, this is based off a novel and has no manga counterpart, which most of the liscensed anime do these days

3rd - The Series isn't even following the order it's supposed to be in. Personally i would like to see the whole first book in animation before skipping to the third, sure i don't mind starting with the second book for the start though

4? Newtype didn't do a review on it, though i'm not sure. I'm pretty sure they didn't though, but i kinda skimmed and read through it a while ago

anywho some points that improve on the chance of this coming to the US
    1st - Hare Hare Yukai scored onto the Oricon List

2nd - Fanservice, this series has a lot, and thus increases the chances to get over here

3rd? - Relating to above > (if) Newtype did do a review on it, then it shows Newtype has recognition of this anime

In the End, i'm not saying that it's not gonna get over here, School Comedies are still popular, but i'm saying that the current fanbase is for those that have famous artists/creators or those that are more action / REALLY talked about in America

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    digi-kun said:
    anywho some points that improve on the chance of this coming to the US
    1st - Hare Hare Yukai scored onto the Oricon List
    That was mainly from a collective effort on the Japanese side. A lot of boards wanted the single to be up there just as a funny joke, not thinking that the song itself was good. So people went out and bought the single in boxes.

As for Newtype, I'm not sure, but I don't think it's been reviewed and that's a pretty good sign that a show isn't coming to America.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    ya i heard about that one, a group was promoting it and trying to get it up to the top XD

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    I thought Newtype reviewed it on the April Issue? But then again, they did the same for AIR. Doesn't guarantee that it'll be coming to the states. Still, it'll be nice to see this anime out here.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I know that the Japanese Newtype did a review on it (it was on the cover, so I couldn't miss it)... but I'm stating the obvious, so yeah :/

I really don't know a lot about how anime is doing in the states.

Anyhow:

From when HareYuka was in 5th place.
    (Yep, it got some coverage on a music program/morning news).

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Chibi-chan said:

FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW...

FTW *-*
    Oh, I've seen this on 2ch too :)

Apparently, the 3D models are from a doujin Haruhi eroge, and someone shopped it in place of Solid Snake.

I think it's done pretty well.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu EP1 OP ver ROCK
    Mi mi Miracle, Mikurun-run (but with rock).

Concerning the latest episode, I'm no the only one who lol'd at:

"Fumoffu!"
    "Repulsion Field?!"
    "Second Raid!"

Right?

Years
    I was really impressed how they made a pseudo-Anime stereotype mockumentary during the first episode... XD

But anyway, I really like the series right now and I've seen up to Episode 5, I believe. It looks really promising... =D

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Asakura Ryoko looks soooo much better when trying to kill Kyon Smiling the whole time XD

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I'm only up to episode nine..*on a desperate search for ten*

So far, I love the anime. I'm curious about the manga, too; are all the parts scattered in different chronological order? o.o

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    digi-kun said:
    Asakura Ryoko looks soooo much better when trying to kill Kyon Smiling the whole time XD

Digi, you know box-cutter chicks are the best. =D Anyway, neat episode, I like how Mikuru matured.... uh, mentally when she encountered Kyon. Also... she's a pretty tall too... wow. I think Yuki looks the best without her glasses. =D

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Yuki definitely does XD and Taniguchi's reaction to the suggestive posture between Yuki and Kyon XD

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Ryoko Unlimited Blade Works style XD even if it does look more like the Gate of Babylon

Back