• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swellow or Noctowl

on Emerald would you have Swellow or Noctowl in your party?

• Noctowl

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • Swellow

Votes: 42 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Neither. Dodrio is the best Normal/Flying-type in the game. Base 110 Atk and Drill Peck ftw.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Swellow. The only reason to use Noctowl over Swellow is for its superior Sp Def

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
    Um. In the types Swellow is a Normal Type and a Flying Type. and Noctowl is a Flying tpye and a Psychic type not a Normal Type. So probably i guess Noctowl is much stronger because it can learn Psychic type.

Years
    Swellow!

All the day, because it is actually decent! XD

@ SwellowX - Calm down mate! Stop having a go at people for their opinions. They are only putting in their 2 cents!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Um. In the types Swellow is a Normal Type and a Flying Type. and Noctowl is a Flying tpye and a Psychic type not a Normal Type. So probably i guess Noctowl is much stronger because it can learn Psychic type.
    Noctowl is a Flying and Normal type,not Psychic.Noctowl isnt stronger just because its learns Psychic,beside Swellow have a Higher attack and Speed and Noctowl have Higher sp.deffence and Deffence,so non of them is more powerful then the other.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    I'd choose Swellow over Noctowl, i dislike Noctowl and it's pre-evolution. Even though i do hate Tailows fat head ;/

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    noctowl for sure because it has the good sp stats
    but incase of it
    it would depend on the time mood and power you want

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I like Swellow more, because of it's speed and attack, but Nowtowl has nostalgic purposes. In the end, I must pick Swellow. It's just better.

[/goe raise my Tailow]

Alec_

Years
    Swellow would be powerful to beat Noctowl. It's because. It's attacks/skills are greater than Noctowl. And it's stats are much more powerful than Noctowl.

~Fairytales.

lucariomaniac

Lucario Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2009
    I am gonna go with swellow just because i like him and i always end up cathing him when playing my emerald i never really payed attention to noctowl

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    Personally I prefer Noctowl over Swellow, but it's mainly just because I find Noctowl to be a bit more unique. Swellow is a good Pokemon to use too though.

Even though it's not an option, I always used Wingull/Pelipper in R/S/E, since I usually picked Torchic as my starter.

Back