• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swellow or Noctowl

on Emerald would you have Swellow or Noctowl in your party?

• Noctowl

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • Swellow

Votes: 42 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    Swellow. It is overall better when it comes to stats, coolness, and overall popularity. I don't really like it much though. Flying-types don't appeal to me much except Togekiss.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I am stuck at both. @.@

But if I were to choose, I would choose Noctowl.
    It is noctural and has awesome vision, and it can learn Hypnosis.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Noctowl. Mostly because I like being a rebel and I like pokemon that aren't overused =P

But also because I never found a use for Swellow in R/S/E, but I always found a use for Noctowl in G/S/C

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Noctowl is cool, plus it is an owl. 8P But, Guts is too good to pass up.

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
    I prefer Noctowl. I think he is better than Swellow in the long run. I mean, Swellow is good early in the game, but once I get the chance to get a Hoothoot, bye bye Swellow.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I would recommend having a Swellow on my team, which I do have on my team in Pokemon Emerald because of its looks and its speed stat.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2009
    TBH, those two are probably my LEAST favourite flying types except for the legendaries and farfetch'd.
    I'd go with crobat over them any day 8D

BUT to avoid the abuse you've given other people for even DARING to mention another pokemon apart from your precious noctowl and swellow:

I prefer noctowl out of those two.
    I just prefer his moveset.
    Noctowl can learn hypnosis, nightmare AND dream eater, right?
    Though the toxic orb/facade combo of swellow is still pretty decent.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I like Swellow more than Noctowl as he is faster AND STRONGER. But I like Noctowl as he was one of Ash's pokemon( I like Ash's pokemon).

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    While Swellow is superior in terms of actual usability, that's not important to me. I pick Noctowl, because it looks much cooler in my opinion :)

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Noctowl is a lot prettier, so that's my choice. Plus it's nostalgic.

Really? What would you rather have: a bookish wise looking bird or a sleek fast awesome bird pokemon like Swellow. Swellow is superior to Noctowl in every way. I think I actually like swellow out of all beginning bird pokemon. (Pidgeot comes in at a relatively close second)

Back