• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Sword or Shield?

Are you #TeamSword or #TeamShield?

• Sword!

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Shield!

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • I can't decide!

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • I'm going to wait for the 3rd installment!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • For now I'll say Sword but it really depends on the version exclusives, the mascot and if there are any regional differences a la Black & White.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I'm expecting some Excalibur-like legendary for the Sword version. :laugh-squinted: Exclusives are usually how I decide which version to buy so I'll just have to wait for now.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • Currently leaning towards Shield, but I'll only decide when I'll see exclusives or in whatever gimmick they differ (like Black City/White Forest or the 12-hour shifted clock).

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Swords and shields are both very fascinating to me, so I'm super torn about which one to pick!! D:

I'll probably just leave it up to the version-exclusive Pokémon to help me decide, haha. ^^;

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
    Years
  • Watch them not make a 3rd version which is very possible since they did not for Gen 6 and a lot of people were mad about USMO. Plus in 2019 can't they just give us dlc over a 3rd version?

I will likely get Sword due to having pokemon that are likely more attack and cooler (My opinion) I wish it was king & Queen since I want to be queen lol

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Watch them not make a 3rd version which is very possible since they did not for Gen 6 and a lot of people were mad about USMO.

This, tbh. I'm truly not expecting a third version.

[....but if there is one I'll no doubt end up getting it.]

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Depends on the box legendaries, but for now I'm aiming for Sword.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'm going to wait for more information before deciding. My heart is saying Shield though!

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Considering we know nothing about version exclusives yet, not even the legendaries, I want to wait until we know a biiit more.

Back