• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Tag - We're It...!" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss the beginning of a three-part Tag Team battle royale in "Tag - We're It...!"

My review to come forthwith.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Preliminary: CONWAY HAS HARLEY'S VOICE. On top of that, we already have Brock being rejected. They really aren't pulling any punches, huh?

...That first battle was kind of anti-climatic. Slowking just moved its finger and...game over. Then, some basic foreshadowing and Dawn lecturing Ash.

Second battle: fast. A nice way to show off Brock's breeder skills.

Third battle: O_O THEY ACTUALLY HAD RHYDON USE SURF!!! Not only is this something like the SECOND time we've seen Surf in the whole series, but it's being used by a Rhydon. Aside from that...foreshadow advertising for Magmortar & Rhyperior?

Pretty nice...oh, and Team Rocket's back to their vendor jobs, I see. Seeing the Soothe Bell added in was also quite nice. More and more canon parts in the show...

*moves to next thread*

Last edited:

GamerFreak

PokéCommunity Helper
    Years
  • Absolutely fantastic. I loved it and cannot wit to see more.

A slight speculation I made was that Croagunk did not try to prevent Brock from talking to the girl, for once. I think he felt Brock in her were closer than normal.​

Years
  • Par for the course, as we haven't heard Harley's voice in a while. Although, with those shady glasses, Professor Tomoe, much?

Still, to find a Slowking Trainer after how many years since the critter was introduced is a treat.

Worst moment: A one little Peck taking out a Scyther like that? Come on, writers, don't insult us.

Years
  • I think the multiple Pecks they were showing was meant to suggest that there were a bunch of them.

Really? I guess I must have missed that. Well, huzzah for game mechanics. Magmar using Lava Plume with a partner that is resistant, and Protect against an all out move like Surf, man, things have changed since D/P's early days (Poison working against Steel), huh?

Also, nice to see the Rockets' Psychic Pokemon get "involved" in the vendor business. Hee.

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
  • Beyond Awesomeness! Finally the Dub Version! Now where to start...Oh! Conway... he reminds me of Ishida Uryu from Bleach! XD The Glasses, the Sinisters press on glasses/light reflecting from his shades, well Max had the shiny glasses thing back in Hoenn but still lol. Hmm, Ash and Paul as partners....who saw that coming?! >_>'. And we see Paul in all his ignorant glory, we see how he really treats Chimchar, he wanted it to use Flame Wheel on the Surf! Talk about Dangerous to his Pokemon, if Pikachu hadn't came and used Iron tail on the Surf Chimchar would have been seriously damaged. Pikachu rocked in this, Iron Tail split the water, Iron Tail owns Rhydon, very nice. On to the next fight.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Conway is a pretty interesting character,he and Dawn made an awsome duo.

Spoiler:

His Slowking was awsome,it really suits his personality.
    Wow,he is so smart(nerdy) and why did only Ash get the strong Pokemon to battle?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Teeheehee Didn't get to see the episodes on Friday. Saw them today.

Well so it has began!!!! It is kinda coolies when Conway found out that Dawn wasn't a trainer. That was coolies to see.

If that was Harley's voice then I couldn't tell. It was really good voice.

Crogunk went without a job this episode. Teeheehee

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Teeheehee Yeppie. Still Holly wasn't that much older then Brock is she? I mean Broke is like the oldest of the group. Teeheehee

I know. The look on Crogunk's face was priceless. It looked like he was debating whether or not to hit him even after Brock was turned down.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    pwnsome pwnsome pwnsome pwnsome

Soo cool! Paul! Paul! Paul! Paul!

- The title sounded like "wear it" haha
    - The mayor sounds like the narrator
    - Conway is soo cool! I love him and Dawn as partners
    - There was a scene somewhere when Paul looked cute o.O
    - LOL when Elekid punches Pikachu in the face
    - Conway is an older version of Max. He even has his cool glasses shining thing
    - Aqua/Magma Battle and RBY Champion Battle! Coolness!
    - AIM FOR THE HORN! Yeah, that'll defeat Rhydo- WHAA? You mean aiming for the horn is bad now? XD
    - It was SO cool how Ash helped them win! Yay Ash!

Quotes:

Holly: I'm sorry, I'm not interested in younger men
    Brock: *weird scream*
    LOL

Team Rocket: *dancing*
    Mum: *to child* Don't look and don't stop...
    LMAO

Some nice season 1 BGM in this episode. I dunno why, but I kinda got annoyed with some of the 4Kids BGM. Its like...its too lighthearted, I find.

Preliminary: CONWAY HAS HARLEY'S VOICE.

Hey, so he does! I didn't notice it but I went back and he does!

Now to watch Glory Blaze! Can't wait!

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Loved this episode as well as the rest of this arc. Conway and Dawn's pairing were made of win. Holly and Brock was interesting too; she even liked him during the course of the tournament. Ash and Paul still retain those ol' hostilities towards each other eh?

Paul was a jerk, and this arc only reinforced that fact.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • Wow this was a awesome episode with the tag battles, yeah I was surprise too that Rydon used Surf on the battle. It was funny when the part when Ash, Dawn and Brock looking for there partner. And the voice for Scyther was so wimpie voice to me.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    YAY! For once I actually loved this episode. Lol, what a twist, Ash, Brock and Dawn against each other. XD A great twist. And I do like how Holly acted in this episode and the way she didn't 'put down' Brock like usual girls. I think they're a good team! :3

Conway reminds me a lot of a cooler teenage Max XD YAY!

0_o Rhydon uses Surf? What a crazy but cool move :D

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • The narrator has quite a wide range of voices, although as the announcer it sounded kind of obvious.

My sister just watched the episode today, and she said that she wished that Conway liked Dawn. XD
    But I'd like a return of Conway, he's.. unique and pretty interesting.

Back