• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Taking Care of Things.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • I find that while I may not be very maternal and have difficulty with the idea of ever having children, I still have joy in taking care of some things.

For example, I have a few pets I take care of.

So I ask, do you enjoy taking care of the things that rely on you? Or do you view it as a chore? I enjoy taking care of my pets.

Years
  • I mostly enjoy taking care of things like that. Currently me and my Fiance have a black cat named Apple. I enjoy playing with her and find pleasure in making sure she she has all of life's necessities. The only part I dislike about it is cleaning the Kitty Crapper. Not exactly fun times there, but it must be done.

Other animals I've had in the past have been the same way, though I much prefer playing with dogs than cats. Cats are awesome, and often have interesting personalities, but dogs are way for fun and playful. Used to have a Golden Retriever that was my best from for the whole time we had him. Pretty sure he liked me more than everyone else as well. He refused to hump the leg of anyone but me. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love my pets they're my little babies :))) I feed them, brush them, take them out, play with them, and buy them stupid little things lol. My cat is trickier than my dog to do things with or buy things for. So I tend to just cuddle with him, sometimes I buy him catnip and different foods for him to try. I bought him really nice dishes to eat out of and a little mat since he makes a mess hehehee. This morning we all woke up together on my bed! :)

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I enjoy taking care of animals. Even though my cat can be annoying af sometimes I do enjoy cuddling with him in the morning. I also really like playing with my gerbils and hand taming/feeding them. I want to get a dog because I think they're the funnest pet. They're so affectionate and fun to play with and I do not mind daily walks and some brushings. But I have to wait until my cat gets a bit older or find the right dog that matches my family and won't eat the cat. A horse is also next on my list but I need to work a bit more around them next spring when I take lessons. They're tons of work.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • While I don't enjoy taking care of my cat's food and water, it's something I do to show that he's mine and that I'm responsible with him. I definitely try to minimize the unpleasantness of things like litter boxes which we'll need for him given he's an indoor cat, but while I do see it as a chore it's not something I have the mind to be against, at all. I try to take pride in my work.

With humans though it's not so cut and dry, and I take a lot deeper of a notion of responsibility of caring for other humans who depend on me. That's when I take pride in going the extra mile at every oppurtunity, and arrange my life to be oriented around helping them, whether they're a partner of mine or my children or what. I love showing that I care about others when I'm out to watch over them, protect them, etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I love to feed and show affection to cats and dogs, but I hate taking care of the crap they leave behind. Which is another reason why I couldn't have kids. I don't want to clean a baby's crap or put up with their non-stop crying. x.x

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I take care of my cat and my boyfriend's cat when I'm at his place (actually catsitting him for two weeks atm). I like to take care of plants as well for some reason. I don't have my own, but during the summer, I enjoyed watering the plants we had outside on the balcony at work. There's something relaxing about it and it's nice to see the plants perk up later on after I've watered them, so I feel good about that. I don't have any plants at home, though.

I also enjoyed taking care of my boyfriend when he was sick back at the beginning of the month. Not that I like him being sick, but it was nice to take care of him. He really enjoyed it...he said he can't wait til we have a kid and they get sick so I can take care of it...lmao what. I don't want a sick kid, but thanks I guess? :(

Years
  • I enjoy taking care of the social needs of my two cats but less so the feeding and watering. My husband cleans the litter trays, which is the worst part, so that's awesome.

Through perseverance of affection we turned an antisocial shelter cat into an overly affectionate ball of fluff.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Taking care of my man is definitely a chore lol. My cat? She's my baby and world. Hehehe. I gladly clean her poopbox and feed her and comb her fur and bathe her and clip her claws and play with her and everything. Not sure why I don't feel like it's a chore. Perhaps because she gives me diabetes every time I look at her.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No. It's nice to see plants grow, but I don't like taking care of anything, even myself. I find it a shame... which I suppose I'm content to let it be.

Last edited:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I don't mind taking care of my dog, feeding, walking, cleaning up after her. Everything is fun (except that last bit) but it has to be done.

I really enjoy working with the dog either teaching new tricks, or working / practicing known ones.

Kids are awesome, They are great fun, but I don't want to have to have to put up with them all the time, that's what cousins, nephews, and nieces are for. Actually having a kid? I'll pass. The hours are terrible.

Years
  • I love taking care of my dog. Walking him, feeding him, playing with him, all that. I don't see any of it as a chore, not even scooping up his deposits.

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
  • I would never consider taking care of my animals a chore I have a few so lots to do but it keeps me active I have two Alaskan Malamutes they are a lot of work feeding cleaning out their run also grooming they blow their coats twice a year ahh so much fur lol plus my other pets parrot,rabbits and a little dog lots of work but I enjoy it.

Years
  • I have to take care of my many health issues. It's like a full time job. I used to take care of fish, until I had to leave to visit a sick/dying relative and my roommate just let them die. I had a friend in college who was so clueless she at times could not find her way out of her dorm. Taking care of her and making sure she wasn't taken advantage of in various ways was a big responsibility.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I don't really take care of anything now that I've moved out, but I will take care of my parents' dog if they're away. I don't have any pets at my apartment, and I'm sure as heck not having any kids.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I have a pretty large amount of my pets and i like having them around and find no problem taking care of them when im not busy or stressed. I am extremely forgetful so if no one reminded me did i feed blank and blank i may forget once but i do have enough common sense to know omg gotta do that. Now if i am busy or stressed then its a chore haha. Although i never see myself with kids you never know haha

Years
  • I love taking care of things! That's why I want a pet so bad. :[ It makes me feel like I'm going something good, and being able to help someone or something makes me the happiest guy around.

Back