• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia: Aftershock (Part 1- Darkness Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
OOC: Just a recap of what I put, because I forgot what I put. :3

IC:"I have a feeling when we get back we'll return to were we where before this started, and not a second passed," Jeremy sighed. "I don't have money, or a job to support myself in your mother's care. It's not fair to ask her to take care of me when I'm old enough to work. And no one would take a street rat to work for them," Jeremy said softly, declining her offer as politely as possible.

OOC: Ok and here is what will make it not a repeat and not spam. (Do I really have to do this girl crap? You all know I'm a guy...right?) :3

IC: Hearing what sounded like arguing, or just really loud talking coming close to them. Jeremy, out of curiousity, and tried to figure out what was being said, but the words weren't as loud as he once thought and were too muffled to distingish what was being said.

Years
(OOC- Your a guy?! Really!? XD)

Rei sighed ?I guess your right,? she muttered, clearly disappointed with the outcome that would surly follow in this mission. Who was to say that they would forget all about this adventure after it had been completed?which obviously meant any friendships she would possibly have made towards the end would go to waste. It saddened her to no end.

?We will just forget,? she announced, it seemed almost to be a growl of frustration, but was said to lightly to have much of an impact. ?You could?always stay here?if you got the choice?you know?after this, you will be a hero to these people?you wouldn?t have to work? She tried her hardest to cheer him up, but for some reason she felt her attempts weren?t having much of an effect.

There was the sound of arguing coming from somewhere out of view of her eyes, but she didn?t doubt that it would probably be the rest of the gang squabbling over something or another. She sighed?arguing wasn?t a good sign of a good journey?they needed to at least be at speaking terms if they wished to get through this.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
OOC: ...funny...real funny... (er I mean)...you're so funny stride! *giggle* :3

IC: Jeremy laughed, not mocking, but she completely misunderstood how he felt. Jeremy sighed heavily, trying to regain control of himself and said, "I have a feeling no one will be forgetting anybody or this adventure. People would think us crazy if we tried to tell them. Besides, who knows. I might deside to get a job, work, save money, and try to find you guys."

"Anyway, I've come to expect the worse out of everything, probably because of where I live. I'm ready to handle it," Jeremy said firmly, this was directed to Rei, and also to himself.

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
Years
"You weren't a fool! You were merely driven by your curiousity," Yoshiko blurt out. She looked indignant at Lauren's attitude. "I'd probably do the same thing if I were you," the girl added.

Yoshiko took a small break, then said, "Which is why I hid behind the flowerpot." She was grinning guiltily.

"But I do want to know what you were questioning David about." she finished, turning red. The blonde had hoped that Yoshiko wouldn't mention this topic, but it was unavoidable. Lauren sighed.

"Well...I'll just say the whole thing, I guess. Remember when we were up on the roof for the first time, you, me, and David?" I layed on my back -- much like this -- and, well...David's shirt was up a little bit, showing some of his back. And, I...I saw...this jewel. I mean, I think that's what it was. Asked him what it was, and he freaked, as you saw. So...I followed him, and I think you know the rest. I look at his back, and it's not there."

Lauren paused to take a breath. It sounded so...silly now that it was in words. "I mean, I know I didn't imagine it, I never imagine things." She put her hands on her head. The blonde saw something that almost made her jump. Her sea-blue ExSphere was still equipped, glowing in the midnight air.

Could it be?...But...How?...

Lauren looked at Yoshiko with her light purple eyes. "I...I think what I saw was an Exsphere. That's the only thing I can think of."

Now she REALLY thinks I'm crazy...

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
"An exsphere?" Yoshiko replied, a confused expression on her face.

Meanwhile, a faucet of questions opened up in her mind. Didn't David already have an exsphere attached? Why would he want two exspheres? Why would he hide it? Could an exsphere get detached that easily?

"Why would he hide it from us?" she said aloud, puzzling over the fact. "But - could one detach an exsphere that easily? I thought that they'll turn into monsters or something..." she finished, trailing off.

Kurosaki

IC: "It wasn't any of her business to begin with..." I sighed to myself, trying to make myself feel like I made the best decision as I retrieved the object from a hole in the wall, and placed it on my back again before going to my room. If she had seen it, it could complicate things greatly.

Lil' Schu

Years
OOC: Same here, David. x_x;

IC: Yoshiko looked puzzled. "An exsphere? Why would he hide it from us? But - could one detach an exsphere that easily? I thought that they'll turn into monsters or something..." Her voice trailed off. Yoshiko has a point. Why would David hide it from us? We're not going to hurt him...at least, I hope we aren't.

"I don't know why he'd keep it a secret. And, I think...that if you have something attached to the ExSphere, you can take it off without turning into a monster." Lauren stood up and streched. She was both mentally and pyshically exhausted, and desired sleep for her aching body.

"Yoshiko...it's just a theory. I could be wrong about the whole deal. But, please don't tell anyone. I don't want people thinking the wrong things about David." The blonde paused. Lauren knew she was right. "I'm going to keep an eye on him though. He acted really strange when I said I saw that on his back."

She started towards the staircase. "I think I'm going to go to bed. Pretty sure I'm going to need some sleep. You can find me in my room if you want to talk about it." The blonde went sleepily down the stairs, leaving Yoshiko with an earful of questions and thoughts.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
(OOC: I'm not the only one's who busy? xD)

Yoshiko nodded, still confused. "Good night Lauren," she called after her retreating back.

Meanwhile she walked towards her own room, worried and confused. She flopped on her bed and set her sword on the side. Before she feel asleap she vowed to keep an eye out for David... they were compainions after all.

They still had a long way to go...

(OOC: Can I just go to sleep in here? xD; )

Lil' Schu

Years
OOC: No, Miyu, you're not. Yay for uber busy schedules~! XD

IC: Lauren trudged through the sand to the Triet inn. She tugged on the door, but could not make it budge. "You're kidding me...It's locked? Wonderful!" Looking for another way inside to the comfyness of her bed, Lauren seached the perimeter of the building. The fruits of her search were just one open window.

The blonde sighed. "Think of the end result, Lauren. Just think of the end result." With this in mind, Lauren squeezed through the window, topping in on her side. "Ow!"

Remembering that Yoshiko still had to get into her room, Lauren unlocked the front door, hoping that the innkeepers wouldn't mind. The blonde then made her way to the room she rented out for the night. Fumbling in her pockets for the key, she unlocked the wooden door and made her way to the bed. Lauren threw herself on the mattress and fell asleep immediately.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
Years
"Lauren, wait! I?" Sayuri called, sighing as Lauren went inside her room.

When the group had disbanded, hours ago, to wander and such, she aimlessly roamed around Triet. It was a small town and all, but she still managed to get lost. With her poor sense of direction, she even found herself in desert again. She was lucky there were no monsters at the time. And, when she had found her way back in the inn, no one was there. No David, no Jeremy. No anyone. She was stuck inside the inn, since she was afraid to get lost again, with no idea where she was to sleep.

She waited in the lobby, but she somehow fell asleep in a corner, behind a plant. No one could've spotted her there, and, no one did. Sighing once more, she tiptoed to the room Lauren went into and knocked gently.

"Um, Lauren?" She called meekly.

Realizing what she was doing, she stopped knocking and scolded herself for being inconsiderate to her wellbeing. She had just rested, and she was sure Lauren was very weary from traveling through the desert.

With no other place to sleep, Sayuri plopped on the floor and leaned against the door of her room. It's your fault anyway. You should've asked where you were supposed to sleep! She embraced her knees and laid her head on top. "This'll do, I guess." She muttered softly to herself before closing her eyes. G'night, everyone.

Years
Rei sat up on the floor, but did not disturb the sleeping pup that was still resting its large body on her legs. She smiled and gave a hearty ?That?s the spirit!? her eyes gleamed with a sort of childish glee. ?Yeah?make sure you come to find me first, OK! You have to promise?I like in the United Kingdom, Wales as a matter of fact?well?it actually depends where you live to begin with, y?know...hmm?maybe I could come and find you?where do you come from??

She knew she was rambling, but she couldn?t help it, she was known to have over hyperactive moments?she blamed the heaps of chocolate she ate every day?it was like a regular thing for her to have at least two bars of chocolate a day. But it?s not like she cared?people normally liked her for her upbeat personality and determination.

She ran a hand through her hair and blushed slightly, red rushing to her cheeks ?Sorry about that?I tend to get a bit carried away at times? She sighed and lay back down again, her face still the flame red colour it was moments ago, her eyes were cast on the sky again, she was determined not to look at Jeremy in fear of seeing a?somewhat disgusted look.

?Nice one, Rei! Way to go?meh?perhaps it will cheer him up you never know? this voice inside her head only caused her blush to run deeper?she would have disappeared if given the chance, but she had no such luck?perhaps a gaping black hole would consume her or something??Yeah?dream on.?

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
"I lived in the streets of New York City, not that far away if you think about it! Just separated by an ocean," Jeremy said, his voice unusually light and friendly.

Jeremy recoiled for a moment, was this really him talking? It couldn't have been! His voice was way too light and joyful to ever be what he sounded like. Rei was actually interested in him, were the others interested as well? Was he too blind to see it? Was he too consumed in self-pity to see that the others, or at least some of the others were the least bit interested in what he had to say?

"No, no, no!" Jeremy said quickly as he returned to the world around him and out of his own thoughts just in time to hear Rei regret that she was blabbing. "It's perfectly fine! I never really had anybody take any sort of interest about me until I came here! To tell the truth I always wanted to travel, especially to the United kingdom! It's been my dream for some time now to be an Astronomer, and the UK have a lot of amazing telescopes."

Jeremy also blushed slightly, he wasn't used to be this conversational with anybody except himself. "What have you always wanted to be?"

Lil' Schu

Years
The blonde woke up from her dreamless sleep. She wasn't going to get much sleep tonight, and she knew it. Lauren was outside of her comfort zone, with people she didn't know, and to top it off, she probably just severed whatever tiny friendships she had made thus far. Yup, I've been a complete moron today. Maybe I can do better tomorrow...

Lauren got up from her bed and went to the vanity set on the dresser. From what she could make out in the darkness, she looked positvely horrible. Her hair was a complete mess, her body was sweating, causing her clothes to stick to herself, but she didn't look tired. Taking out her ponytail, she flipped her head down and ran through her blonde hair with her fingers; after she was done, braided it back. Yes, it looks better. Well, it's a start.

Refreshed, the teenager went out of her room and into the dark hallway. There was a small lump near the door. Peering down at it, Lauren noticed it was Sayuri, sleeping sitting up. "Poor girl..." Lauren said softly. Hoping she wouldn't wake the young girl up, the blonde scooped Sayuri into her arms. She was amazed how light the girl was. Even still, Lauren had a difficult time getting into her room again. Laying Sayuri on her bed, she leaned against wall and rested her eyes.

I just need a little more rest...

Kurosaki

When the moon had reached its highest point in the sky, I quietly left my room and made my way to the roof once more, only to gaze at the stars of this world, if only for a short while.

A short while later, something caught my eye far in the distance, in the direction of the Triet Ruins. A bright red light approached the town, anything in it's path being burnt to a crisp. The loud and terrifying roars of some sort of creature now echoed throughout the night, as a warning to the town not to disturb it. It drew nearer and nearer still. Was this the end?

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
"Did you hear that?" Jeremy said, cutting off Rei before she could answer his last question. "What was that?" he asked again as he looked back up to the sky, the stares were now fading, something bright was interfering with their steady gleam. They were on the back of the building, so Jeremy couldn't tell what the source was.

"Hold on," Jeremy said as he jumped to his feet. Racing around the corner of the building, Jeremy took off around the corner. "WHAT!?" Jeremy yelled as he slowly back away, appearing from the corner he dashed around. "What's happening!?" Jeremy exclaimed. This can't be the end, they just started! But somehow, Jeremy's pesimestic mind told him otherwise, telling him he would die without even accomplishing anything.

"What are we going to do..." Jeremy mouthed, his legs said run, run as fast as he could, but his mind said stand his ground, be brave. But which to listen to?

Lil' Schu

Years
Lauren awoke abruptly to the sound of loud barks coming from outside. "No, it's not time to get up...I want to go back to bed..." Groggily, she dragged herself from the floor and went downstairs. It was deserted, but the blonde felt a strange mood looming in the air. She slowly walked outside.

There wasn't anything stragne about thetown of Triet. I heard something though...maybe one of the others knows... The only people that were still wake were Jeremy, Rei, and David, for sure. Lauren made her way behind the inn, and what was in the distance stupifyed her. What looked like a huge fire was steadily coming towards the town, emitting huge roars as it went.

Panicked, Lauren forgot her sleepiness and ran to the first people she saw -- Rei and Jeremy. "What the heck is that?!" she exclaimed. "Actually, scratch that. How are we going to stop it?!"

Years
?I dunno?I would like to be? she was cut off as Jeremy raised a hand to silence her. He then listened out to the roars that echoed through out the night; causing dog?s to bark and cats to scatter from their hiding places. Rei jumped involuntarily and her eyes widened to the size of dinner plates?never had she heard anything so terrifying, not even the noises that one would hear in the middle of the night scared her as much as this.

Jeremy sprang to his feet and ran off in the direction the roars seemed to be coming from, telling her to wait a sec when he went to check on things further on. Rei snorted and got to her feet faster than the blink of an eye. She took the two twin blades from her belt and made off after Jeremy towards the direction of the roar.

She found him not long after backing away from some unknown force and around a buildings edge. Rei came to his side, twin blades at the ready and took a quick look around the corner of the building. From afar she could see a red light making its way hastily towards the desert city. Rei grit her teeth and pulled her head back from around the corner.

Jeremy looked to be in great worry, his hair was a mess and his eyes had widened dramatically. Rei gave him a small smile and patted him on the shoulder reassuringly. ?We can do this?Just think?we were pulled here for some reason?that reason could only be to defeat whatever it is that is coming?were more than capable, Jeremy!?

?By the way?I always wanted to be an artist?drawing?s the only thing I?m good at?hey maybe after this I could draw you? She grinned ?C?mon?we need to find the others?we can take this thing down together...this is your chance Jeremy, show ?um that you can help! Show ?um that you care!?

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
"There's a giant something or other coming at us and all you can think about is drawing me?" Jeremy said half exasperated, half amused. Then Lauren came up to them and asked the same questions that Jeremy had been asking. "We don't know. We better get to the others, as Rei said. I'm bettin' my life that David is still pouting on the roof," Jeremy added, he couldn't help himself from the rude remark about David.

He took one hurried step forward, and stopped a minute, seriously contemplating whether they should meet up with David or David should meet up with them. He shook that foolish thought out of his head. There was no time to think of such things, Rei was right, this was his time. His time to show is worth and value to the group of would-be heroes.

"Do you have any clue as to how we can fend this thing off?" he said, asking both Lauren and Rei, hoping that one them had a solution or plan they were formulating. "Or are we just running around like chickens with their heads cut off?"

Lil' Schu

Years
"We don't know. We better get to the others, as Rei said. I'm bettin' my life that David is still pouting on the roof," Jeremy replied to the blonde's inquiry. 'Huh...he's probably right, you know.' "Do you have any clue as to how we can fend this thing off? Or are we just running around like chickens with their heads cut off?"

Lauren turned to Jeremy. She said dryly, "Despite how fun running crazily around town sounds, we should probably kill this..." Turning to the giant flameball, she noticed it was getting closer each second, sending a omen to the small oasis. "Alrighty...here's my two cents." Lauren took a deep breath. "We go fight it. Now. By the time we find everybody, it may be here already. Despite the fact that we'll probably only delay its arrival..." The blonde left her sentence hanging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back