• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia: Aftershock (Part 1- Darkness Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki

"Yeah, I'm fine... Somewhat." I replied to the two girls as the came up behind me. I had to admit, they startled me quite a bit. I hadn't even heard them coming! "But, you were afraid of what, Yoshiko?" I asked her, curious. Could she have possibly caught onto me? However, I needed to be sure.

OOC: I'm pretty sure that's not what Yoshiko meant, but my character tends to be cautious, XD

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Yoshiko blinked in surprise.

"Well..." she started, "I was afraid that you two were going to hurt each other." she finished, her normally cheery composure fading.

We really don't need any more damage... But, they all seem so strong and capable - as for me, I can't even wield my sword correctly...

Then she stared down on her shoes, twiddling her fingers.

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
  • OOC: I'm sorry Miyu! ;o; I just wanted to have a convo...hehe. Sorry again!

IC: Yoshiko popped up next to Lauren and David on the roof. "Yeah, I was so worried... I was afraid..." Her worried tone startled the blonde a little bit. She knew that Yoshiko was the one to worry about people, but Lauren hadn't expected her to...well, follow her up to David. The seventeen-year-old shook off the strange feeling she just got. Sheesh, Lauren. Just get to know her.

"Yeah, I'm fine...Somewhat." David replied to the two girls' inquiries. The blonde girl had a feeling he wasn't telling them everything, but decided not to press the matter for now. Daivd suddenly asked, "But, you were afraid of what, Yoshiko?"

The brown-haired girl blinked in surprise. The other girl tell she wasn't expecting David to ask her to finish her statement earlier. "Well..." Yoshiko halted for a moment, then continued, "I was afraid that you two were going to hurt each other." She concluded, some of the normal happiness seeping out of her voice; or at least, that's what Lauren thought.

The blonde stole a glance at Yoshiko, then David. The first one mentioned was staring at the thatched roof, intertwining her fingers. Lauren couldn't tell what the other was thinking.

It was a beautiful night, Lauren realized, and she laid back on the roof and stared at the stars.

Then she saw it. A bit of David's shirt was tucked out, and she could see a little bit of a jewel on his back.

The blonde edged over to him a tad, hoping that he wouldn't get the wrong impression, or Yoshiko for that matter. Muttering so only David could hear her, Lauren asked him, "David. What's the jewel on your back? Don't tell me you don't want to talk about it, either."

Kurosaki

"It's nothing, you're seeing things." I muttered as I began to head for the stairs that headed down off the roof, my hands in my pockets. Things weren't looking good now, and I just needed to get away from it all. How was I so careless!?

Lil' Schu

Years
  • Lauren raced after David, emotions boiling up inside her. Argh! He can't just say there's nothing there! She caught up with him at the end of the stairs and pinned him to the nearest wall by the neck. She was probably choking him a little bit, but as long as he didn't start gasping, the girl was not going to loosen up.

"Listen, David. Don't you dare say nothing is there. I saw it, and I know I'm not hallucinating." Lauren's voice was dangerously low now, and anyone who knew her well would have bolted by now. "You are not going to bottle this up. You are not alone here. None of us are." She tightened her grip a little bit. "We're here too, and we aren't going to let you leave. Or, for that matter, not tell us what that thing is on your back." She thought it sounded a bit rude but didn't care right now. It was not just his problem.

"Oh, and I'm not letting you go until you tell me what it is and where you got it," Lauren added as a bit of an afterthought.

OOC: Mood swings abound!~ XD

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Yoshiko stared curiously at them two, and looked on - perplexed when David started to go downstairs, and even more confused when Lauren rushed after him.

Should I go follow them? she wondered to herself, twirling a strand of her hair. I shouldn't, but... I should... Maybe it was what I said? she thought suddenly, worried. Oh no... I don't know if I offended them or something... I should go apologize. she thought, her expression determined.

As she neared them two, she suddenly heard Lauren say,
    "Oh, and I'm not letting you go until you tell me what it is and where you got it,"

Curious, and a bit embrassed, Yoshiko hid behind a nearby flowerpot. So, it's not me? she waited behind the huge flower, curious what David had to say - and hoping that they didn't see her.

Kurosaki

"So I guess you'll be holding me here until I choke and die." I commented, checking out my now very bad predicament. "You didn't see anything, I swear it to you. Perhaps the heat of the desert is getting to you?" Well, what would you say?

Years
  • Rei nodded as much as she could in such an awkward position and repeated ?Yeah?magical?hmm?we got here through a link from our world, right? Then is to say that it is not the same sky? Heh, I don?t know?my head hurts too much thinking about it? She chuckled and rubbed the sleep from her eye as her mouth opened wide into a yawn.

"I never really knew my parents..." Jeremy said, almost too quietly for even her to hear it over her yawn"...they both died when I was an infant..." At that, Rei immediately shut her mouth in sympathy to him, at least she had known her parents, heck, she still had her mother to take care of her, and her father had died not that long ago?but not to know your parents from the very start? Something told Rei at that moment, that she was luckier than she once thought.

?I?m sorry about that,? she said, lowering her eyes to the dog resting on her legs, for some reason, she thought it entirely her fault for bringing up the subject of parents?she never meant for it to go past a harmless topic of discussion. She sighed, ?Well you know if you ever need a place to stay when we get back, my mother won?t mind, we have a spare bedroom and all?

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • "I have a feeling when we get back we'll return to were we where before this started, and not a second passed," Jeremy sighed. "I don't have money, or a job to support myself in your mother's care. It's not fair to ask her to take care of me when I'm old enough to work. And no one would take a street rat to work for them," Jeremy said softly, declining her offer as politely as possible.

Lil' Schu

Years
  • "So I guess you'll be holding me here until I choke and die," David commented, unfazed by Lauren's approach. "You didn't see anything, I swear it to you. Perhaps the heat of the desert is getting to you?" She glared him directly in the eye. If he was going to be this way about it, she could deal with it.

"Yeah, and I'm your second cousin. If there's nothing there, then why don't we just take off your shirt to see your back?" The blonde let that statement linger in the air. "I suppose you wouldn't mind, seeing as there isn't anything there."

Wherever Jemery was, Lauren sincerely hoped he wasn't going through the same thing David was.

Kurosaki

"Please do so if it would put your mind at ease, but you'll find nothing, like I said." It was true, however, as the time from when I left the roof to when she had found me, had supplied me the time to remove the object and place it where she couldn't find it.

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Yoshiko's curiousity was driven even higher. So was her worry.

Did David get hurt somehow? Does Lauren know something that we don't? Are they keeping secrets?

She leaned foward to get a better look, however her clumsiness...
    caused her to knock the flowerpot to the floor, the delicate cermanic broke like a fragile plant - but the noise it caused - were like 1000 alarm bells ringing at once.

"Oops..." she muttered. Lauren and David were sure to notice her by now.

Lil' Schu

Years
  • "Please do so if it would put your mind at ease, but you'll find nothing, like I said." David said certainly, as if Lauren were merely cheap entertainment.

The elder girl was just about to reply when -- Crash! -- a large ceremic flowerpot tumbled over in the darkness. Lauren's head automatically turned to the loud sound, and could spot a person in the darkness. 'Only one person should know we're here...'

"Yoshiko?" Lauren asked, hoping that her instinct was correct. This was not the time to be embarrassed. "Uh, if it is you, could you...come here for a sec?"

'What have I got myself into? Way to go, Lauren!'

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Yoshiko went over to Lauren obediantly, wearing a downcast face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt your conversation." she apologized, bowing slightly. I'm sorry to the plant as well... I hope that it's still okay... I hope that we don't have to pay for it - or pay much... I wonder if we have any gald from fighting that monster -

Just when her thoughts were beginning to wander, Yoshiko pulled herself together again. "So, Lauren... what's wrong with David?" she asked quietly so that David wouldn't hear.

Lil' Schu

Years
  • Yoshiko walked over to Lauren, looking saddened. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt your conversation."

"It's alright, Yoshiko...Going to wrap it up in a little bit, anyway. No problem." The blone was a little relieved that someone was beside her, knowing now that David couldn't do anything.

"So, Lauren... what's wrong with David?" the brown-haired girl asked, almost inaudibly. The addressee stole a glance at Yoshiko.

"I'll tell you later," Lauren half-mouthed, half-whispered. Then, so David could hear her, she said, "Do you mind turning around then, David?" If she had to admit how she was feeling that instant, the blonde would have to say "anxious."

'What if I was wrong? If it's not there?...No. I saw it there. It's going to be there. ...If it's not, then my pride is officially ruined.' The war inside Lauren's head was bubbling up inside, ready to explode if any of those things happened.

Kurosaki

"Fine then." I gave as a reply and turned around. I just wanted this little chain of events to be over and done with, since it was getting tiresome. If you haven't realized bu now, my mood swings a LOT, but only when around strangers.

Lil' Schu

Years
  • OOC: Wow. Even though my character hates yours, David, they still have a whole bunch in common XD

IC: "Fine then," David spat out, obviously not hiding his feelings for Lauren. He spun around.

"Fine!" The blonde was feeling almost no emotion for the archer currently. Quite frankly, he could be eaten by something tonight, and she probably wouldn't care.

Lauren pulled up David's shirt, expecting to find a small fragment of the shiny object she'd seen before, and saw -- nothing. Nothing, unless you include the pigment of his skin and a small dot in the lower part of his back. "Crud!"

The defeated teen released her deathgrip on David. She had been so sure she'd seen something, so positive. And, if there was one thing Lauren knew, is that she had not been seeing things. 'Oooh, I'll get you for this, David!'

"If anyone needs me I'll be on the roof," the blonde said shortly, then turned on her heel to retreat. Halfways to the steps, she halted and said over her shoulder, "David. This doesn't mean I believe you. I still think you have it."

Lauren sprinted the rest of the way upstairs and plopped down on the woven roof. She exhaled a long sigh.

"What have I done? I just ruined a possible friendship, and now Yoshiko probably thinks I'm insane. Urgh...where's my 'friends' now?"

The girl put her hands on her knees. "I need something to squish..."

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    "Lauren, wait!" Yoshiko called after the enraged girl.

As she ran up towards the roof - again, she glanced apologetically back at David. He seems strange... I wonder what he's worried about... Or what he's thinking... What did Lauren see anyways?

"I need something to squish..." she heard the Blonde say.

Yoshiko halted in her tracks. Did she mean her? "Emm..." she said, searching in her pockets. "I have a hankercheif, if you need to squish it." she offered Lauren.

Lil' Schu

Years
  • "I have a hankercheif, if you need to squish it." Yoshiko had indeed followed Lauren to the inn's roof, not that she minded. What the blonde needed now was someone to talk to, and Yoshiko would work. Something squishable wouldn't hurt, either.

"Thanks," she said as she took the cloth. Lauren leaned back to partly look Yoshiko in the eye, partly to see the stars. She began wringing and folding the hankerchief to prevent herself from doing some she might regret.

"So...I suppose you want to know why I made a fool out of myself back there?"

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    "You weren't a fool!" Yoshiko exclaimed, shaking her head vigourously. "You were merely driven by your curiousity." she added. "I'd probablly do the same thing if I were you."

She paused, turning back to grin sheepishly. "Which is why I hid behind the flowerpot."

"But I do want to know what you were questioning David about." she finished. blushing slightly - seeing how much she trailed from the original topic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back