• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia: Aftershock (Part 1- Darkness Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Jeremy looked dully at his blade, which was still sheathed and resting at his hip, still unsure whether he wanted to do this or not. "As if I really have a choice," Jeremy muttered as he crossed his arms and pretended to lean on an invisible wall.

The power coarsing through him did feel wonderful, and he did feel temperarily invincible as he stood there looking out into the fields in front of him. "Do you even know how to get to were we're supposed to be going?" Jeremy asked suddenly to the boy he seemed to already make enemies with. "Or do we get a map?"

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
Years
"Shall we start going, or what?" The boy inquired in a rather anxious tone. Ennui seemed to be present across his face, as well.

"Yaaaaay!" She exclaimed, completely thrilled to begin. She grinned widely, walking alongside a girl, Yoshiko. Seeing her wield her sword, Sayuri carefully glanced at the two chakrams she grasped tightly. She needed to learn how to use it, or she might end up being a burden to the others?again. Replacing her thoughts with more positive ones', Sayuri smiled widely at the girl, waving a hello.

She really liked her. Granted, she knew not to judge a person so quickly, but she could see kindness all over her. She also liked that she was friendly with the others. Silently, she wished that the two boys fighting a while ago could be at least act more like allies and less like foes.

If it was exactly like the game, there should be a large number of enemies about...say, everywhere. If those two continue arguing, they might not work well together. But, of course, that could simply be her vivid imagination.

Years
Rei was the first out of the door as Sheena began to push them towards the exit. She had been eager to start this adventure ever since she had laid eyes upon Sheena?someone she knew through the game, but didn?t know personally?which was weird in her opinion because she had neither seen her in real life nor spoken to her?but she knew exactly what she was like.

Looking around the village, she saw that the large group that had pored from the door of the small hut had attracted much attention. She grinned sheepishly at the onlookers and turned her head over her shoulder at the rest of the group she was to be working with?she had never met them in her life.

Pushing the thought to the side, she turned her gaze upon the green stone in her palm; she had not yet attached the exsphere she had been given earlier. It was a very pale green and shone with an aura that intrigued Rei?the power of the summon spirit of air.

Turning it around once in her palm she attached it without further question, this emitted a rather peculiar feeling in her veins, it neither hurt, nor was pleasant?it was?strange to put it simply?a feeling she had never before felt.

Sighing, she detached her gaze from the orb and turned her attention to the speck in the distance?if she didn?t know any better?she could have sworn it was Triet desert, she never knew that the people of Mizuho had built their village so close to the Desert oasis.

?So?uh?what happens when we reach the oasis, you leaving us or something? I mean?we don?t even know what we have to do? Rei said in a rather confused state.

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
Years
?So?uh?what happens when we reach the oasis, you leaving us or something? I mean?we don?t even know what we have to do,? the twinswordsman said faintly over Lauren's shoulder.

'She does have a faai point. How are we supposed to know what to do? It's not like we have a synopsis option.' Lauren chuckled a bit at the thought.

Turning to the girl who'd asked the question, she simply said, "Well, I guess we just follow our instinct." Muttering so only the girl could hear her, "Like that's going to help much..."

Lauren turned back around and jogged to catch up with the rest of the group. There were quite a few people around her age, one a bit younger, and one couldn't have been older than thirteen.

"Well, I guess we're going to save the world, or die trying."

Kurosaki

"We look for information in Triet obviously." I sighed as I swung a piece of parchment over my shoulder. It was a map I had swiped off the desk in the room we awoke in. "She wouldn't of pointed us to Triet of she didn't think we'd learn anything helpful there. Also, I agree that it's a little too quiet out here in the open." They WERE right. In the game, monsters crawled everywhere. Right now however, you'd think such beasts never roamed the land. "My name's David by the way." I said randomly, realizing I hadn't provided my name earlier.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
So - they set out on their journey. Yoshiko found herself walking next to a Sayuri, who wielded two chakrams. She smiled at Yoshiko, and Yoshiko smiled back happily.

Sayuri reminded her of Colette - the character in the game who wielded chakrams also. They both seemed happy and cheerful... also optimistic. Yoshiko then looked at her exsphere.

"Well, I guess we're going to save the world, or die trying." Lauren supplied.

"I think that we can do it." Yoshiko said optimistically, while looked at the field. Well, at least the monsters don't look like blobs and legs here... she thought wryly.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Jeremy gripped his hands into a fist so tight all 8 knuckles cracked loudly all at one time. Why hadn't he thought of that? He was the thief here, he should have been the first to notice and retrieve the map! Jeremy found that this David guy was getting on more on his nerves by the second. It felt like a monster inside of him had awaken and was growling loudly at the boy infront of him.

He huffed and then crossed his arms, "How do we know that we can trust this Sheena girl? That was a game, this apparently isn't. Besides what I can remember of the game, there are a ton of plot twist."

"Besides if this wasn't a trap, wouldn't you think that the enemy would come swarming down right about now? It's kind of obvious that we're here, and you can't possibly tell me that they don't know we're out to get them," Jeremy said, who was always the pesimist.

Last edited:

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
Years
"Yup, yup~! We can do it!" Sayuri exclaimed as ecstatically as ever. "Everyone here looks really really strong! We shouldn't have any problems!"

She perceived that since they had began their journey almost everyone seemed to have gathered all their negative thoughts. She sighed inwardly. She disliked seeing anyone like that. I guess it is true, that we don't know where our destination is, but still. She thought, glancing at everyone in the group. It might be wrong for us to start fearing what hasn't occurred.

Shaking her thoughts away, Sayuri listened obediently as Jeremy spoke. She pouted a little. Although what he was saying did have a possibility of happening, she was a bit dismayed that he said it out loud, to the others. She wouldn't be able to stand it if their mood would worsen!

"How do we know that we can trust this Sheena girl? That was a game, this apparently isn't. Besides what I can remember of the game, there are a ton of plot twist."

"But," She cried, desperately trying to be of help to lighten the mood. "Sheena isn't a bad guy. In the game, they even said that she was really honest. There's no way she could deceive us!"

"Besides if this wasn't a trap, wouldn't you think that the enemy would come swarming down right about now? It's kind of obvious that we're not here, and you can't possibly tell me that they don't know we're out to get them,"

"And, um, maybe the monsters just aren't in the mood to fight? Maybe they'll come swarming on us later?" Even though she knew they wouldn't listen, she just had to try. There was an explanation for everything taking place, they just needed to know what.

Kurosaki

"They're unsure of whether we're a threat or not..." I muttered, still looking ahead. It was getting hotter the closer we got to the desert. "Though I do feel like we're being watched for somereason, but the land is flat here, and I can't see anything that could be."

"Also, you can trust Sheena, or not, it's your decision." I sighed at Jeremy. Someone needed to stop being so pessimistic...

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
"That's a loud of rubbish. Then the enemy is dumber than I thought," Jeremy protested as he waited for the group to move, better on the move than wait for them to come swarming down on them.

"It's stupid to rely on the game to determine what people are like. This isn't a game. The game was created by humans, who could disrupt and distort as the see fit to make it into something better. This is obviously an alternate deminsion to our own. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't trust anyone in this world," Jeremy spat not taking his gaze off David.

"Are we going to stand here and wait to be ambushed? Or are we going to get on with this thing? Best to figure out if this is like the game or the direct opposite by 'playing' along, if you will," Jeremy sighed, not wanting to take command, that was for David. At least that was what Jeremy thought, since he has been the director of this little circus thus far.

'Well I guess I should at least start by gaining a bit of trust...' Jeremy thought as he turned back to David. Forcing, and I mean really forcing, a smile on his face, however fake it looked, Jeremy could say he was making an effort, and said, "Alright, leader, you going to start leading?"

Lil' Schu

Years
Lauren glanced at the peppy girl with the chakrams -- Sayuri, if she remembered right. It reminded her of Colette, the Chosen of Regeneration in the game. It was almost exactly alike: The chakrams, the peppyness, the optimisticness. The only thing missing was the wings.

She shifted her attention to the two boys up front. Jeremy, the pessimistic one, and the other, who hadn't supplied his name. Jeremy was putting on a big fake smile, as if he were trying to impress the 'leader.' Lauren laughed a little at the scene. The leader is being grumpy, and Jeremy's being (or at least trying to be) happy!

Kurosaki

"Please don't call me that." I said to Jeremy, and almost fell over laughing when I saw the "smile" on his face. I didn't want to be a leader, I hated leadership. While thinking of this, I tripped over a root sticking out of the dry ground, and fell flat on my face into the soil deprived of nutrition. "Ow, ow, ow." I muttered to myself as I sat back up from my position and placed my hand over my right eye. a few grains of sand has entered my eye, and the hurt a bit. They'd fall out eventually though...

Last edited:

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
OOC: Character's name is jeremy. XD

IC: "Fine then," Jeremy sighed as he took the map from David. "I can't lead, I've never heard of these places. I suppose we should just head to Triet, if this is a trap, then I can say I told you so. If this isn't a trap...well then, I might need to reconsider everything that I've said thus far."

Jeremy then felt another wave of anger hit him as David burst into laughter at Jeremy trying to not be so pesimistic, and the smile he was trying to force. Then gave a loud sigh at how clumsy David was. "Maybe I should put my sword to use right now," Jeremy muttered as he looked at the hilt of his sword. He was indeed being sarcastic, but his voice betrayed him and he sounded like he actually wanted to cut David down.

"Well let's get moving," Jeremy said as he rolled the map up and waited for David to get the sand out of his eyes.

Kurosaki

OOC: Sorry, I RP with Shiney WAY too much, XD

IC: "Hey, wait? Does anyone hear that?" I asked the group after I caught up. Triet was fairly close now, about a 30 minute walk away, but I heard something similar to thunder coming at us from all directions. There, however, wasn't a cloud in the sky. "I'm getting a bad feeling about this, a VERY bad feeling."

Lil' Schu

Years
David was looking heavenward as he said, "I'm getting a bad feeling about this, a VERY bad feeling."

He has a good reason too... For there was the sound of ominous thunder coming towards the group, yet the sky was still sunny and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky.

Lauren did the thing she did best. "Ah, crap." The semi-blonde pulled out her staff as a reflex almost, ready for anything that was going to come near her.

"Well, what are you all waiting for? GET YOUR WEAPONS OUT!" Lauren smiled a bit. She was beginning to sound like Raine, however slightly so.

OOC: That was so fun to write. I love it when people yell. XD

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
"Actually...I think I'll wait on the weapon thing. I almost killed myself with the think the last time I looked at it. Rather wait a little longer for death," Jeremy said nonchalantly, seeming not to care for the noise. It might be danger, but Jeremy really didn't care, if they were going to fight, better sooner rather than later.

"We have two choices. Make a mad dash for Triet, make there in anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes. Or stay here and wait for whatever is coming," Jeremy said coolly. "Personally I like the running idea, it'll give us time to train, and better prepare. But if you guys want to stay and fight," Jeremy added with a shrug.

Kurosaki

"Gah, just shut up already!" I moaned as I hung my head down, before motioning to my bow, and stringing an arrow. "Listen to how close the noise is, do you honestly think we'd have a chance of running now?" In the distance, you could now just barely make out the image of 6 or 7 large purple beasts running towards us. Egg Bears?

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
"You can't possibly tell me you can't run!" Jeremy asked exasperated. Reluctantly unsheathing his hair-splitting scimitar, he watched it carefully to make sure he didn't cut himself. "Well I guess we make our first stand here then," Jeremy sighed as he noticed no one seemed to agree with him.

Lil' Schu

Years
Gah. I overreacted. I never overreact. EVER. Lauren turned over to the two boys who had been fighting, Jeremy and David. The loner, Jermey, had wanted to run. She didn't blame him. After all, maybe not everybody wanted to probably be eaten by these large purple monsters.

Another thought struck Lauren: How were they going to know what to do? They hadn't had any practice...but hadn't Sheena said that they were going to know what to do when the time comes? She readied herself for the fight.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Yoshiko drew out her sword as well, taking extra care not to let the sharp blade graze her skin again.

"I don't get it... why would monsters want to kill us? Or, if we win... why would they want to die?" she wondered aloud, holding her sword in front of her. "Don't they have family?" Yoshiko tensed up. Suddenly, the idea of fighting didn't appeal much to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back