• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 7, 2005
    Hey, I havent played Tales of Symphonia but I was thinking about getting it. Is it a good game? and what is the plot?

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Vf1aBattaloid690 said:
    Hey, I havent played Tales of Symphonia but I was thinking about getting it. Is it a good game?

Like I said before, it really depends on if you think it's good. Yes, there are a lot of people who think it's good, and every review that I have seen has given it an 8/10, but that's their opinions on it, and yours may be different. If you like RPGs with a real-time battle system (meaning that they don't have to take turns to attack), then there's a high chance that you may like this game.
    Vf1aBattaloid690 said:
    and what is the plot?

Click here

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 7, 2005
    Wow, thanks alot Nick. Ya, I like real time Rpgs, so I guess ill have to check it out. Say, werent u member of the month in the other chat?

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Vf1aBattaloid690 said:
    Wow, thanks alot Nick. Ya, I like real time Rpgs, so I guess ill have to check it out. Say, werent u member of the month in the other chat?

I think you're thinking of ^^NICK^^, I am not him. ^^;

Anyways, let's stick to the topic at hand, shall we? If you want to talk to me about something other then ToS, then just give me a PM.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    When you head to the main menu, go to "techs" on one of your CPU controller characters, if you keep pressing up, you'll get to a selection between "Manual", "semi-auto" and "auto" on the top-right corner (you won't miss it). YOu can then move the highlight to either semi-auto or manual (providing you have a controller plugged in the appropriate slot) for it to be player controlled. "Auto" means CPU controlled, btw.

ToS is just horrible as a multiplayer game, I'd recommend you stick to 1-player the whole game (horrible execution on the camera angles, too much pausing for multiplayer when you go through menus and stuff, and extremely crappy to play with your friend unless you are all playing with melee characters, going after the same guy).

ANYWAY, yeah Sword Dancer seems to be crappier every time I fight it for some reason. lol

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    protoman said:
    what wepone did you use?

1st battle: don't remember. it's like the rapier or something.

2nd battle: paper fan (too easy)

3rd battle: paper fan (still too easy. Then again, Raine was practically invincible with concentrate. lol)

Guys, I'm having difficulty against Meredy, Garr, and the last person in that team in the coliseum party battle. My team is Lloyd, Sheena, and Raine, and I just can't seem to be able to take anyone out before Raine or Sheena dies...

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    Kenny_C.002 said:
    Guys, I'm having difficulty against Meredy, Garr, and the last person in that team in the coliseum party battle. My team is Lloyd, Sheena, and Raine, and I just can't seem to be able to take anyone out before Raine or Sheena dies...

It would be easier to take out the guy first (archer). Then work on the two girls. My team was Raine, Sheena, and Lloyd. I equipped Lloyd with Nebliem Blade, without that it seemed impossible to win. Because if you take out one of the girl's that is a magic user first, she will get *revived automatically* by something. The guy is the one that does the most damage the quickest and he seems to like to go for Raine so she can't cast any spells.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Yeah. I tried that too. I got killed by Garr. Presea could not hold Meredy down either, Meredy just kept instantly casting spells out of thin air and took out Presea with disturbing ease. Then suddenly Farah kills Raine. In the end, before I can kill Garr (Raine casted resurrection before dying...stupid not using revitalize...), the three ganged up. I noticed my lack of life was part of the problem...and Raine can't heal faster than them doing damage (mass casting revitalize...) even with concentrate. I'm mad (like me getting stuck on a RED floor with just Lloyd fighting alone. That was...overkill on me. Darn book.). lol

Protoman, you get the paper fan in Luin after you upgrade it (middle of the game).

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    Yeah, I went after the archer guy because he looked more menacing, hehe. My Nebliem Blade seems to be the only weapon out of the Devil's Arms set, that does maximum damage though...

About the Underworld levels... I can't seem to get the book to work its magic, and suck me in. Any help would be most appreciated!

....and I'll even throw in a cookie, hehe.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Really? My attacks dealt about...600 damage each? lol

For the underworld book, you have to head to the Elven Village first. Near the entrance to Torrent Forest, there is an elf there. You have to talk to that elf to be able to make the book in Sybak to work its magic.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    Oh ho, my attacks can dish up to 2,000 damage with each swing... Lloyd truly is a sight to behold, hehe.

Yeah, that's the part I'm stuck at. I saw the book already, but when I go to Heimdall there aren't any elves who talk about it, over by the broken windmill and the forest. And whenever I go back to check on the book, Lloyd just recites the Dwarven Vow #108: Let sleeping dogs lie.... I had no idea there were so many vows, hehe.

Back