• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tattoos

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Do you have any tattoos/do you want any? What are they? What do they mean to you? If you don't have any and have no plans to get one what's your reason?

I don't have any and I'm really hesitant to because I get sick of things very easily. For a couple years now I've been wanting to get the symbol for my zodiac sign on my wrist which is very cliche and white girl of me I know, but it's the only thing I've continued to like so whatever.

Sirfetch’d

I don't currently have any, but that's not to say that I don't want one. I feel like tattoos can tell a lot about a person because of how unique they can be and I personally want that sometimes, but there are a few things holding me back of just getting one. For starters, I am scared of needles! Secondly, I don't want to pay for one, hate it, and then have to pay again to have it removed. In the end I assume I will eventually get one, but I haven't quite decided of what yet haha!

Years
  • Used to dislike them, but I think I've changed my mind about it. Don't currently have any myself, but if I decide on something I really like, I may look into getting it done. Definitely would keep it classy though - one tattoo that has a meaning behind it and can be easily covered by clothing is fine, but I don't really understand the people that get full body tattoos. e__e

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I have one currently covering a large portion of my forearm; a self designed stylistic incorporation of the Pisces fish and yin-yang. I'm also getting the Japanese and traditional Chinese character for 'Silver' tattooed on my chest in 5 days.

As you can tell, I don't mind tattoos, I'm currently designing numbers 4 and 5. The way I see it is it's just another way for people to express themselves; in my case and many others, tattoos tend to have some meaning or connotation to them.

@Virgo, what I do is I have a picture of my possible tattoos beside my bed, so that every morning I wake up, I see it. Also drawing them on yourself is a good idea. I do this for a year and if after a year, I still want to get the tattoo, i'll go and get it done. Spending a year seeing the tattoo will help prepare you for having if for life.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I don't have tattoos right now, but I always wanted one. My issue is that I can never stick to an idea long enough; I had a few tattoo ideas back when I was 17-18 years-old and when I think back on them, I'm so glad I never went through with them.

I have a couple ideas I think are nice but who knows if I'll ever get them. I do love seeing other people's tattoos and will browse through Ink Magazine and the like if they're around.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I don't have any tattoos, and I currently have no desire to get any in the future. I don't like how permanent they are (and even if you can remove them, it's a painful, potentially expensive process), and I don't generally find them attractive on other people. If I want to express something meaningful through my appearance, I'd rather just get some sort of removable accessory to wear instead.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Not yet. I can't right now, due to the whole military thing. Once my contract is up though. I want to get some sort of sleeve on my left arm, haven't worked out the details yet, but I still have 4 more years to think about that.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • i feel like i would get a lot of tattoos but they're so expensive and alas i am so poor

i would totally get a sleeve.

but i need to make money and bulk up first.

Years
  • I do. Not anything really worth showing off, but I have an appointment next week to start my forearm. To me they're ultra personal and I don't like discussing their meanings. They're super personal for me because they are so permanent something I can keep on my skin as a reminder of a specific event or chunk of time.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't have tattoos either. I'm like... deathly afraid of needles anywhere other than where they are supposed to be going (my upper arm). If I could get a tattoo and wasn't afraid of them, I'd get a tattoo on my left wrist that says 'Simple Plan'.

Years
  • I've always wanted a tattoo. A small one, not a big one that like covers my whole back or anything like that. I'm not sure what of, but something small on my back was always something I thought of. I most likely will never get it though due to being afraid lmao.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I don't have any tattoos at the moment but I plan on getting around 5 or 6 lol. But first I need money. <////3

there's also the needles thing but my friend said they don't hurt much.

Years
  • Don't have any tattoos, although I've contemplated getting one along with piercings a couple years ago, but since then I've changed my mind. I know that tattoos are generally a form of expressing themselves for many, but I'd prefer not to like stain (for lack of better word) my body with something that's permanent.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    I have two, you can see both in this image, but the top one is Dream Theaters "Majesty" symbol, and is symmetrical. The bottom is taken from Iron Maiden's Powerslave Album.

The picture was taken fairly soon after I'd had the bottom one done, that's why it looks a bit weird.

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think I'll get any tattoos. They're cool to look at, but the thought of them being permanent scares me because I fear I'll just regret my tattoo once it's done.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Sadly I don't have any tattoos yet.

That will change soon actually! I really want to get a sleeve on one of my arms full of characters I love and pretty colors. But I think my arm is too small and thin to really fit much of anything on there. It's a real shame too because that's something I've been wanting to do for a long time. A fleshy and permanent dedication to all of my favorite characters and video games depicted in a beautiful array of colors would just be fantastic to me.

If nothing else I'm definitely gonna get a pair of Victini wings on my lower back. Because who doesn't want buttwings, amirite?

Back