• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TC's Speed Breeding Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years

• TC's Speed Breeding Challenge!

Welcome to TC's Speed Breeding Challenge! Are you a fast, efficient pokémon breeder? Do you consider yourself the best? Test your skills and crown yourself in TC's Speed Breeding Challenge as PC's fastest pokémon breeder!

The challenge will run from July 9 through July 11 with one round per day. A pokémon will be announced at 12 PM EDT and you'll have until 12 AM EDT to post your entry. You will be able to do everything without trading, using version exclusives, pokémon bank and the likes. Only a regular run though the games is needed.

Rules:
    • Everything must be done in a copy of Pokémon X or Y.
    • You must breed a Pokémon with the exact same characteristics as the announced one. This includes Egg moves, Nature, Pokéball, Ability, Nicknames and TM's.
    • The first participant to post a photo of the pokémon in question wins the round.
    • The judges might ask a participant to trade them the entry pokémon if needed.
    • You must sign up using the form found below.

Example:

Pokémon: Skrelp
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Poison Point
    Pokéball: Premier ball
    Egg moves: Haze, Play Rough, Venom Drench
    TM: Frustration

Username:
    FC:
    OT:

Judges: Omicron, Necrum, Keiran.

Spoiler:

Background by Kawart.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Could we post when we have it and be ready to send it right away? I ask because my camera sucks, and it actually takes time to upload a photo to post (take picture with my phone, connect to laptop, import to laptop, find an image site to upload to, upload, and finally link), so even if I get a photo I'd be posting first and adding the photo once it's online; it might be quicker to just trade it right away. LOL

I've done some good breeding lately, including some 5IV HA Eevee and 5IV Egg Move Sneasel all within a day. I can't call myself a breeder extraordinaire and not do this. My FC is below.

I do have two questions.

1. Will all three (presuming three) challenges be able to use something caught within Kalos WITHOUT access to Friend Safaris, HAs, etc. as breeding stock?
    2. Am I correct that IVs (say, a minimum of four perfect IVs) are not required for this? Naturally, they are not seen in a photo, so presuming not.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • A picture would be preferred, but exceptions could be made, so yes, you can post and ask one of the judges to trade with you.

Yes, all 3 challenges will be able to be completed within the game and without the need of Friend Safaris, pokémon bank HA nor trading between versions, etc.

And IV's are not required, you are correct.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Count me in! I'm pretty confident about the breeding part, not so much about the speed, especially since I may still be at work when the Pokemon is posted, but I still want to join {XD}

take picture with my phone, connect to laptop, import to laptop, find an image site to upload to, upload, and finally link

That is... exactly what I'm planning to do, and what we'll all do, except maybe some have digital cameras. It really isn't much of a hassle :P I personally recommend imgur.com for uploading the picture.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Count me in! I'm pretty confident about the breeding part, not so much about the speed, especially since I may still be at work when the Pokemon is posted, but I still want to join {XD}

That is... exactly what I'm planning to do, and what we'll all do, except maybe some have digital cameras. It really isn't much of a hassle :P I personally recommend imgur.com for uploading the picture.
    Yeah, some people would have an advantage in terms of speed getting the image in over others. Some cameras connect to the computer remotely and can upload it to a site within a minute, and some of us have to do it the longer (and slower) way; we could be five minutes into that process and someone gets their picture within a minute and wins even though the first person done is the one having picture problems.

That's why I was asking. :) Posting saying you're done and taking the picture should ideally be done within a minute of each other (I'd allow for two or three due to the possibility of clocks being slightly off). If the picture is up within 2-3 minutes, no need to check timestamps. If it's delayed due to problems (hey, the person might have been kicked offline briefly, it happens without warning), then the picture's timestamp is the way to go.

I have a nearly completed Kalos Dex, so I don't think this will be too tough to start off. My only difficulty is if I end up using an HA Pokémon starting off. That could screw me up. The ball required may necessitate fresh catches.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Looks like fun! Heck, I'm in.

Queeestion though, would playing in a language other than English be a problem? (My game is still the same German file I started with ages ago)
    EDIT: Stupid question. I just realized I'd just need to trade with the dudes in charge every time or something.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    That's why I was asking. :) Posting saying you're done and taking the picture should ideally be done within a minute of each other

I don't think posting and then editing with the picture would be okay though, since one could post before hatching the egg, and then edit to add the picture and say they've had "camera problems" or something. Or one could announce they've got the Pokemon, but still need to hatch it before a host is available to trade.

Thing is, it's my first time participating in a speed breeding event, so I don't know how fast people finish the task, like within minutes of each other, so maybe all this talk is practically for nothing {XD}

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I don't think posting and then editing with the picture would be okay though, since one could post before hatching the egg, and then edit to add the picture and say they've had "camera problems" or something. Or one could announce they've got the Pokemon, but still need to hatch it before a host is available to trade.

Thing is, it's my first time participating in a speed breeding event, so I don't know how fast people finish the task, like within minutes of each other, so maybe all this talk is practically for nothing {XD}
    Same with me, it's my first go at this. I think the only prizes really are emblems, so there is nothing really to gain by trying such cheating tactics as you suggest. The same idea of cheaters does worry me, but I am hopeful that people would be honest and the people judging are active during the three days of the contest. (And if it really is too close to call, have joint winners! Just give an extra emblem!)

And yeah, someone could say they're hatching the Egg and then find it's not correct and feign camera problems. The timestamp on the picture will be some 10 minutes later if more Eggs have to be bred. I'd think that would adjust the time of such an entry since the edited time will appear on the post as the new time, as well. I'd only allow no more than a five minute gap between picture and posting time, and even 2-3 should be more than plenty. If it takes 15 minutes to upload a picture (hey, some have dial-up still), then the timestamp on the picture may need to be checked in the file info against the original posting time. Just because you're first with the picture up doesn't mean you were first to get it.

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Count me in! I'm pretty confident about the breeding part, not so much about the speed, especially since I may still be at work when the Pokemon is posted, but I still want to join {XD}

Looks like fun! Heck, I'm in.

Queeestion though, would playing in a language other than English be a problem? (My game is still the same German file I started with ages ago)
    EDIT: Stupid question. I just realized I'd just need to trade with the dudes in charge every time or something.

Could you two please fill the sign up forms? Thank you!

Also, BBP, translations are available in the internet, so don't worry about that!

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • This seems interesting. I haven't been playing with my Pokemon X so this would be a good comeback. My breeding skills are getting rusty, too. Count me in!

Username: Peter Quill
    FC: 2208-5433-1746
    OT: Louie

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
    Years
  • Username: Sushimmi
    FC: 5429-8824-5768
    OT: Serena

I'm so going to get screwed if it needs a HA.

Also, are baby pokemon going to be part of this?

Years
  • Eh I might not actually get to breed anything but I'm signing up just in case.

Username: Champion. Lunis
    Fc: 1762-2896-5559
    OT: lunis.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Username: Sushimmi
    FC: 5429-8824-5768
    OT: Serena

I'm so going to get screwed if it needs a HA.

Also, are baby pokemon going to be part of this?
    If I may...I already asked this question. Hidden Abilities will not be required.

Neither will any of the 12 TMs picked up at the Battle Maison.

Basically, we can go out, catch the Pokémon, and take it straight to the breeder. We can catch the males with Egg Moves too. If you already have all of them (and lucky enough to have the female to breed in the right ball right away, and something with the nature), you have a leg up. I'm currently looking around for some of my missing TMs and hope to get most, if not all of them (save the ones in the Maison) before this begins.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Hooray! I'm not bent on winning but that's a relief.

Soo, baby pokemon in or out?

Baby pokémon are out. Do not rule out HA completely, though. Everything can be done without trading, Friend Safaris, Pokémon Bank, etc. If you have the game, it can be done. Nothing else is needed. So don't worry about that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Baby pokémon are out. Do not rule out HA completely, though. Everything can be done without trading, Friend Safaris, Pokémon Bank, etc. If you have the game, it can be done. Nothing else is needed. So don't worry about that.
    No, you cannot catch most HA Pokémon in the game without a Friend Safari. If you're not lucky enough to have, say, a Friend Safari with Klutz Audino in it like I do, that's a challenge that I can do and you cannot. That would not be fair for challenge purposes. HAs are out.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • First of all, I am aware of that. If I were to ask for a HA I'd ask for one that was available through normal play-through, as I have stated multiple times before.

Second, there is no need to be rude.

And third, please don't tell me how to run my event. Thank you.

Years
  • This sounds pretty fun. No promises I'll be any good at it, but I'm going to give it a shot regardless!

Username: skyluigi2
    FC: 5069-3912-3062
    OT: Daniel

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back