• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TC's Speed Breeding Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
  • Spoiler:

This was more painful than the Ekans one. XD

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I finally saw the first Lombre horde.

4/5 had Rain Dish.

1/5 had Swift Swim.

Kill me now.

EDIT: Swift Swim Poliwag - confirmed sighting. Now I can stop that one.

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Round 3!

369.png

Pokémon: Relicanth
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Rock Head
    Poké Ball Premier Ball
    Egg moves: Amnesia, Brine​

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Ugh...I've never caught the ideal mate here!

Oh great. 87.5% male. Here goes 78 Eggs for 3 females again.

EDIT 1: After a tactics change, decided to use the long female rate to buy time leveling the ideal mate. The Eggs are entirely based on luck. I'm popping Eggs now.

EDIT 2: Just got my Quiet Female. Time to level up!

EDIT 3: Wailmer learned Brine just now.

EDIT 4: In the daycare, breeding. Apparently MIAU just got it ahead of me.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    This one seems easier. Be right back.

EDIT: 15 minutes later, not a single Starly horde yet. There are worse than the breeding challenges...

(And yes, I'm using Sweet Scent.)

EDIT: Saw a horde right after that edit. Didn't have the right subject. More searching.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Posting as a new post. Caught it!

My second Starly horde was enough. That alone took nearly an hour to confirm and capture.

2nhf19k.jpg

UPDATE! I caught the Lombre from yesterday. The third Lombre horde had it, but it took me a solid two hours (save a few minutes) to find that horde. I only saw at most two hordes yesterday with no winner. Here he is!

2jfaflh.jpg

Six for six. What else ya got? :)

Last edited:

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
    Years
  • I'm terribly late, but idc! I mean, it just bumps the thread up again.

Spoiler:

Woah that's gigantic! Can you size it down? Also, I have never been so so mad at a silly pokemon before. I give up on the Flabebe

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Also, I have never been so so mad at a silly pokemon before. I give up on the Flabebe
    Really? That was easy. Breed a male Skitty with the Egg Moves with a blue Flabébé (search the blue flowers) caught in the correct ball. Only concern is nature, and you can use a Ditto or a compatible male mate with the ability and Everstone it on. Finito.

EDIT: I've taken on a new challenge. I just got Manectric to Lv.70. Before the day (and GT11) ends, I'm going to get that Electric Terrain move onto Helioptile. After that, I can eventually turn it into a 5IV shop-worthy addition. (I say "day" because I'm being periodically called away today. Also, I have my mid-step of Mareep, which I'll train in a bit so it doesn't over-write the move.)

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I just wanted to say, I had a lot of fun with these challenges! I'm always out of ideas for what to breed next, so I figured I'd just join so I could breed some interesting Pokemon. But you guys seriously made this so challenging, with the crazy gender ratios, the monstrous hatch times, the limited options for parents, specific balls even. I was very surprised with how much I enjoyed the whole thing. Actually, checking this thread was the first thing I did as soon as I got home from work, 12PM EDT is 7PM where I live, that's about the time I usually get home. I regret not being able to do any of the bonus rounds (that were usually posted during the night for me, haha), but I'm pretty swamped in the evenings during workdays, so I figured I'd stick to the normal rounds.

So basically, thank you for making this so very enjoyable, the challenges were spot-on and you this whole thing was just an amazing ride! Also, congratulations to everybody who reached the target Pokemon, great job you guys!

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I really enjoyed doing these challenges. I haven't really been playing with my 3DS recently, so this really added to my game time. I only started to be really interested in breeding Pokemon this Generation because of the changes to the mechanics that has really improved the experience. Thanks to the challenges, I was also able to backtrack a bit and catch Pokemon I never bothered to catch (I kinda rushed a bit with the games, I was actually surprised that some of the Pokemon are in the games lol).

Thank you for making this fun and enjoyable! Congratulations to everyone who have finished the rounds. It's really been fun doing this with y'all ^_^

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Well, I wanted to post this before the GC11 ends in about 10 minutes.

Remember that Dusk Ball Helioptile? I've been working on that breeding all day. And, well, I have a beauty to show off:

33p5vnq.jpg

The only thing missing to make that unique is Solar Power.

And Shininess.

But I'm happy with that.

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Thanks to everyone that participated! We couldn't have run it without your participation.

I'm really glad all of you enjoyed the challenge, that was the whole purpose of it! Expect the emblems to be handed out at a later date.

As of this post, TC's Speed Breeding Challenge has officially ended.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back