• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*teacher*PDA! PDA! PDA!

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
  • What is your view upon kids trying to be "romantic" in school or couples showing a lot of love in public?
    Why exactly does this make you feel that way?
    Do you do it for the couples out there?
    Do you often do/see people do this?

I think that there is a limit for people in school. A simple kiss and cuddle or sitting close is good enough.
    In public if its a romantic site or some other thing then yeah, less strict but of course, a common limit. Don't be getting kinky in public xD.

What about you?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I feel jealous because I have nobody to do this with :(

Actually, a lot of the time I rarely see women forcing the intimacy in public, it's usually the guy, grabbing, kissing, holding her close... To me it screams "Aww yiss, look at this beautiful object, she's mine" as a warning to single, horny guys like me to back off. I don't like this of course, especially if it were a damsel that would please me, if not for being in the grip of King Kong.

On one hand I wish I had someone to be intimate with but would prefer to not do it in public because it's so painful to watch.

By the way, I think this is more of a CCC topic...
    Orrrrrrrrrr maybe it's the guy showing how much he really likes the girl TO THE GIRL. Food for thought.

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    A kiss or a hug, or a light make out session, is all fine by me. I don't mind one single bit. (Alright, I am one of those people who love love. (I forget the word I usually use, sorry.) ) You won't see me doing that (Pretty much for the same as PervertedPikachu, except I am not ugly. (Kidding! Don't worry.) ) but I just don't mind it.

But there is a line. Truly making out... NO. Heavier acts... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I won't say much about what I have seen but...uhhh... I don't think he was getting something out of her hair.

EDIT: OH, and the word I was looking for is a hopeless romantic.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think it's fantastic. I love PDA, and I think the grosser, nastier, more over-the-top the better. I wanna see a guy's saliva dripping from a girl's chin while sitting on a couch in the middle of a shopping center, I wanna see over the sweater action, under the sweater action, if they want to start having wild ape sex right in the middle of the walkway that's absolutely fine by me. I'll step around them and be on my merry way.

Why, you may ask? For the same reason that everybody who posts below me is going to say the opposite: it makes people uncomfortable. People see these things and think "oh how disgusting this is what people should do in private!" and that attitude annoys me and bores me more than any public sighting of bodily fluid.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Eh, its goes both ways, sometimes I'm not in the mood to watch or look at couples but don't get disgusted or annoyed at them at least unless thet are blocking me from my kapn krunch.
    but on the other hand, I would like to walk up to them "Daddy, how are babies made?"
    Or if things have been good lately might watch for a few and then be on my way.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • It's cute, but sort of disgusting. Just a tinge. More the former. I understand its just a form of intimacy and love, but not in my face. Please. Hugs and small, short kisses are okay by me, but nothing over the top. It's just the two showing their love, they shouldn't have to bear the burden of others thinking it's disgusting, so I personally pay no mind to it, except just to "d'aww" a little. Just, as long as it's not right beside me...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I think it's fantastic. I love PDA, and I think the grosser, nastier, more over-the-top the better. I wanna see a guy's saliva dripping from a girl's chin while sitting on a couch in the middle of a shopping center, I wanna see over the sweater action, under the sweater action, if they want to start having wild ape sex right in the middle of the walkway that's absolutely fine by me. I'll step around them and be on my merry way.

Why, you may ask? For the same reason that everybody who posts below me is going to say the opposite: it makes people uncomfortable. People see these things and think "oh how disgusting this is what people should do in private!" and that attitude annoys me and bores me more than any public sighting of bodily fluid.

Why don't we just go the whole nine yards and say it's okay for people to do the nasty and have sex right there on the spot in public then? That's still PDA, but we should have some common decency when it comes to minding what other people are doing. For some reason, it's just innate in us to believe that we must conceal our love for one another and on the surface that just seems morally wrong to us. Should that really be the case? No, but unfortunately it is.

That being said though, I don't know if I can fully side with you - I really don't want to have to deal with people groping each other while I'm trying to have a cup of coffee in a local diner. It overall just becomes a distraction, and personally for me is an uncomfortable sight. I know that for myself - and probably some other unlucky people out there - PDA on that level could bring up some nasty memories of past or failed relationships that they otherwise wouldn't want to resurface. I'd rather be ignorantly blissful than have to deal with something of that caliber to be perfectly honest.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • There are a lot of things that can be difference and change the situation completely, like the limits of how far a PDA can go, for me, I can take like kisses on the cheek or forehead or even just small smooches, but if you start making out, undressing, and pulling out condoms I think we're gonna be having a very big problem. But that's because I need to maintain my morale and social decency for the sake of others and hopes of making everything just dandy.

But in the end I honestly couldn't give two ♥♥♥♥s about it. ♥♥♥♥ away my horny butterflies.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Most likely I'm not gonna stand there and get off to some couple hitting it off anyway so I don't really see the point of caring.

Vincent

Often moronically charismatic
    Years
  • Most likely for me. I'm gonna walk away... Probably buy some soda at the vending machine then walk to my class and wait for my girl to jump on me... then make everyone jelly when we're playing footsie and sleeping on her chair while she plays with my hair... Pretty weird that rhymed though..

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Do you often do/see people do this?
    I don't go out often, so not often. Boyfriend and I don't take it very far in public, anyway. We'll hold hands, kiss/make out, hug, cuddle, etc. 12-year-old shenanigans, basically.

What is your view upon kids trying to be "romantic" in school or couples showing a lot of love in public?
    I have a very strict view on everything "controversial"
    If you don't like it, don't watch.
    /shrug

Years
  • I don't really like seeing it and I don't like doing it in public either. I don't mind pecks and stuff but I hate seeing people make-out. xD My sister and her boyfriend do it all of the time in front of me when they are visiting me and I literally gag. And you can expect to never see me in public making out either, because I don't like people to watch me do that kind of thing. But holding hands, hugging, short quick kisses, those don't bug me. But exchanging slobber or groping each other in front of me is yuck. But that's just how I feel, I'm not gonna sit there and judge them or tell them to stop, but I also feel grossed out seeing it, nothing I can help.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't care. Sometimes I notice couples that are overly affectionate tend to last the least amount of time lololol. I have shown affection in public, but I don't think I've ever been over the top with it. I never see it that much anymore since I'm out of highschool and never hangout with anyone younger than me.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I used to hold hands with my girlfriend at lunch under the table at school. It was pretty risky and when it was found out we were a couple we almost got expelled.

Now I'm maybe possibly overaffectionate. My boyfriend and I hold hands and kiss publically all the time, and often send pictures of it to our friends ect. The more others are annoyed by it the more I'm gonna keep it up.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I hate public displays of affection.

When I see people expressing their romance in public, I glare at them. I give them a look that says "Hey. Hey, you. This is my business. I am involved with you two. And I am so jealous and bitter towards you right now, guys. And I'm definitely not being a massive ♥♥♥♥, honest." I then whistle for my horse by the name of "High" and I ride off into the sunset, not forgetting to tell my mates how pathetic the public display of affection I witnessed was. Hah hah hah.

Years
  • PDA should not be something done if you're the only one(s) around doing it. It was a common thing to see at my high school all day long while passing from class to class in the hallway, and even people getting out of class on passes just to show affection in public. When I had a girlfriend, we only hugged before school and after, but not during the day or get out of class to love each other.

Thankfully at my college, public display of affection is not a common problem at all.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm definitely going to get flamed for this, but short of public sex, I really don't get what the big deal is with people ♥♥♥♥♥ing about PDA. It's two people showing their interest in each other. They aren't making out with you, and you aren't a part of their business.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think it's fantastic. I love PDA, and I think the grosser, nastier, more over-the-top the better. I wanna see a guy's saliva dripping from a girl's chin while sitting on a couch in the middle of a shopping center, I wanna see over the sweater action, under the sweater action, if they want to start having wild ape sex right in the middle of the walkway that's absolutely fine by me. I'll step around them and be on my merry way.

Agreed - there's a tendency to look at whatever we were socialized to see as disgusting and not think about why it's actually disgusting, just react as if our socialized reaction has a basis in reality. We're socialized to find other people making out in front of us uncomfortable, but the reason for it is because it is more sexualized than chaste kisses, and we're socialized to find sex uncomfortable. In the end, there's no reason to find the idea of some people having sex uncomfortable, and therefore no reason to be disgusted by people making out in public (or even having sex in public).

The one exception I would make is the bodily fluid exception - with how many STDs and general viruses there are in the world, when sharing makeup and shoes is risky due to what could spread, I feel that there's a logical reason to be disgusted if bodily fluids are dripping on something you might use. I vote public sex be like weightrooms, if you sweat all over it, clean it up!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • My main problem, apart from jealousy, is that it wasn't mutual. I'm speaking of a specific case here. This girl I know (well, I had a crush on her) anyway, her boyfriend is all over her, hugs, kisses, moderate groping, the whole 9 yards. Yeah, PDA's show affection and that the people are in a relationship, but what if it's all one sided? The girl sort of just sits there submissively like a sack of potatoes while he has his way with her. That gives me a few messages. Firstly it's the 'marking your territory' domination sort of vibe, it also makes me think he doesn't care for her as any more than a pretty doll. Next, what's wrong with the chick, to let herself be used like that, without displaying affection in return?

Don't get me wrong, i'm a sexual person and given the chance would be all over a girl (probably privately) but she has to reciprocate my actions and feelings. One sided PDA's lead me to believe it's an unequal relationship, which I would not want, if I wanted a woman to do nothing but sit there looking pretty whilst I got off to it and looked cool for having a hot girlfriend then I may as well hire a ♥♥♥♥♥. Not a good one either, most girls could at least fake enthusiasm.

If that is the case then I'd be very worried for their relationship, haha. But I don't think that this says very much about PDAs; anything one-sided in any relationship is pretty bad and needs to be either dropped or fixed, and I don't think that couples displaying PDAs are more likely to be involved in a one-sided, possessive relationship. PDAs are probably just best taken as any other DA (lol.) - a display of affection. Just because it's public it doesn't automatically mean there are ulterior motives or relationship issues.

I'm personally not bothered by them at all because... well, I just don't care. I've never looked at two people being affectionate in public and thought "I wish they'd stop" because I don't think it's something I've ever really noticed at all... which I guess says a lot about how much I care, haha. I'm sure PDAs are there but they just don't bother me and I don't see why they would. I know some people have mentioned jealousy in this thread before, but that's never really been something for me either, even when I've not been in a relationship. Then again I've never had a tendency to be jealous of people anyway.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm definitely going to get flamed for this, but short of public sex, I really don't get what the big deal is with people ♥♥♥♥♥ing about PDA. It's two people showing their interest in each other. They aren't making out with you, and you aren't a part of their business.

This may be me taking a shot in the dark, but I think some people see others being intimate in public and wishing they had something like that? My thought when I see hand holding or kissing in public is "Oh that's cute, why don't I have that?" I really don't know honestly.

People should be able to show their love in public, but I think if it's straight up having sex in public then they probably should get a room. A simple kiss or hand-holding is okay though. Making out I'm on the fence about.

Back