• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Apokélypse

Civet

Civet the Cat
    Years
    Team Apokélypse (Now Recruiting!!)

Alright, let's begin. I have recently publicised my project "Pokémon Apokélypse". For more details on this hack, click here.

As you can see, a few months of lone, hard work has produced something that could be done in a matter of weeks by a hard-working, committed team.

Speed is of the essence. I am looking to assemble a flawless team to help me push this hack towards the Hall of Fame. Think of it like a wagon (or an 8 wheeled lorry) and a finish line; the longer the wheels stay on the wagon, the further it will go. If it goes long enough, it will reach its finish line. This is no different with a team; each member is vital it its own area.

I believe a big team it not only beneficial, but also crucial as the more brains we have, the more resources we have, therefore the more success we have. So if you are reading this and contemplating whether you should post a reply or not, what's the worst that can happen? Let your true colors show, right here.

I am looking for team members in every area of my hack, some of which I will list, now:
    • ASM Hackers
    • Tile Inserter
    • Title-screen editor
    • Graphics Administrator
    • Spriters
    • Quest Writers
    • Music Inserter (I have the midi files if you'd like to listen)

If there's anything else that you have some form of talent in, do not hesitate to post a reply and show me what you have to offer. Anything at all!

Team Apokélypse

Civet --- Hack Creator, Mapper, Scripter, Spriter, Hack Administrator
    Cyndaquil312 --- Mapping Administrator

Team Apokélypse

adamb241 --- Mapping Administrator

Here's a quick application form that you can use as a guideline to apply for the team:

Team Apokélypse

Code:
    Skill(s):
    Proof of your best work:
    Past projects (if any):
    Current projects (if any):
    Contact information:
    I look forward to your applications!
    Team Apokélypse
    Team Apokélypse

Last edited:

Cyndaquil2607

Pingu is the best TV program.
    Years
    Skill(s): SpriterProof of your best work: in attachmentPast project(s): currently in, team helping hand, team space (mine),
    TEAM LIFE, and pokemon athens spartaCurrent projects (if any): all the projects the above teams
    are doingTimezone:GMTContact information: pm

random kirby sprite xD

Years
    Skill(s): Mapper, any non-game graphics (Userbars/banners), and making "combo" tiles
    Proof:
    Spoiler:

Past project(s): (None)
    Current projects (if any): Pokemon Peridot (if you ask Johto Legend, please refer me as Bluefire Knight), and my own project (which what the map are of)
    Timezone: Central Time (Nebraska)
    Contact information: You can PM me, or if you want to email me... [email protected]

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
    Years
    hi, I'm new to PC (apparently a little too new, as I can't post images or links yet), but I'd really be interested in helping out.

My Skills are: Mapping, Trainer sprites (mostly splices), and I've also got a creative flare for story-lines, area designs, etc.
    Past Projects: I haven't been in any "public" projects, but I have done my own personal stuff, including re-designing the majority of Fire Red's maps.
    No current projects either...
    Time Zone: Central Standard Time (Chicago IL, USA)

as for proof, would i be able to email the images to you?

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Skill(s): Mapping, Tile inserting.
    I especially like mapping routes, sea routes and medium-sized towns.
    Proof of your best work:
    I don't think necessarily best, but well,
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

(It's all Emerald, but I really like mapping FR, too. The third map is to display tile inserting.)
    I made the maps in rush, so ignore the tree shadow errors.
    Past project(s): None. However, I have made many maps for no reason, so i have some experience.
    Current projects (if any): None. :<
    Timezone: GMT +1 (Central European Time)
    Contact information: PM.
    Other Information: After February 27, I'm around for 2 hours a day on Monday - Friday, and around 3,5 or 4 in weekends and school-free days.

Civet

Civet the Cat
    Years
    I am now looking for title-screen editors and side-quest writers. If you have any other talent you'd like to show off in this hack, make an application!

Years
    Skill(s): Ideas Person- You need an idea for something? side quest, main quest, general im very good at coming up with things. beginner spriter (very very new)
    Proof of your best work: Tons and tons of created ideas not put into action...not much proof but...give me a challenge in a pm for an Idea and i'll show you what i can do. I notice your asking for ideas for starters Well i found that Psychic, dark and fighting are just like Grass, fire, and water. so maybe Ralts, Machop, and poochyena (lack of 3rd evo darks less its seedot or fakemon (which i would go with a cerberus type, if you would))(or Larvitar but it doesn't start out dark.)
    Past project(s): None
    Current projects (if any): None
    Contact information: Pm me here or [email protected].

Civet

Civet the Cat
    Years
    Skill(s): Ideas Person- You need an idea for something? side quest, main quest, general im very good at coming up with things. beginner spriter (very very new)
    Proof of your best work: Tons and tons of created ideas not put into action...not much proof but...give me a challenge in a pm for an Idea and i'll show you what i can do. I notice your asking for ideas for starters Well i found that Psychic, dark and fighting are just like Grass, fire, and water. so maybe Ralts, Machop, and poochyena (lack of 3rd evo darks less its seedot or fakemon (which i would go with a cerberus type, if you would))(or Larvitar but it doesn't start out dark.)
    Contact information: Pm me here or [email protected].

Read the storyline on my Progessing Hacks thread and think of some ideas for quests/side-quests or even added parts to the storyline, for proof. Once you've composed a good idea, just comment again on this thread.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
    Skills: Very Good Mapping, Sprite inserting.
    Proof:sig
    Past Experience: Working on own hack
    Contact imformation: V/M or P/M or [email protected]

I'm sorry atif, but based on your lack of tangible proofs and the fact that we currently have enough skilled mappers, we are going to have to say no. I'm truly sorry but the mapping spots are currently filled.

Years
    Read the storyline on my Progessing Hacks thread and think of some ideas for quests/side-quests or even added parts to the storyline, for proof. Once you've composed a good idea, just comment again on this thread.

Hm...not much to work on...like giving a carpenter a tree to try and turn it to a birdhouse and having him gather the tools, refine the wood, slice it to needed parts then build and paint it along with and indoor and outdoor swimming pool. but to make something truly great you need....hard word....perseverance....and.....hard work. yes i did say hard work twice since it takes twice as much hard work than perseverance. (A/N Chicken run reference)

Quest idea-
    Spoiler:

side quest idea-
    Spoiler:

Ideas for rare and valuable Pokemon-
    Spoiler:

main quest idea-
    Spoiler:

The Ultimate master of darkness and destruction:
    Spoiler:

All of these are summarized in a nutshell as i finished all of these in about a few hours after reading the post. I do hope my work is good and hope I can help.

Civet

Civet the Cat
    Years
    Whoa that's a lot of text. It looks pretty good from what I've taken in. However, it's late and I haven't read it properly so I'll take a look at it in the morning.

Looking for more members! If you'd like to join Team Apokélypse, make an application. :)

Silent Crest

Celestial Shine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Skill(s): Quest Writing
    Proof of your best work: Quest Writer for Digital Analogue, some RL writing samples are available upon request. Also I am a somewhat good screen writer, used to be a partner with the now dead SAW Entertainment.
    Past project(s): None at present.
    Current projects (if any): Pokemon Revolution -> Digital Analog
    Contact information: [email protected]

Civet

Civet the Cat
    Years
    Skill(s): Quest Writing
    Proof of your best work: Quest Writer for Digital Analogue, some RL writing samples are available upon request. Also I am a somewhat good screen writer, used to be a partner with the now dead SAW Entertainment.
    Past project(s): None at present.
    Current projects (if any): Pokemon Revolution -> Digital Analog

Would you mind sending me some quest ideas for Pokémon Apokélypse via PM or email? Since you're applying for quest writing, dialog would be crucial in order for me to make a strong assessment.

Years
    Whoa that's a lot of text. It looks pretty good from what I've taken in. However, it's late and I haven't read it properly so I'll take a look at it in the morning.

Looking for more members! If you'd like to join Team Apokélypse, make an application. :)

Thanks they just come to me sometimes I'd like to make my own one but right at the moment my thoughts are too scattered to work with. i have the creative drive just lack focus.

Civet

Civet the Cat
    Years
    Thanks they just come to me sometimes I'd like to make my own one but right at the moment my thoughts are too scattered to work with. i have the creative drive just lack focus.

All right. Can you think of some ideas for a large route? Every hack has a long route, but getting from one side to another just isn't enough, right? I'd like you to come up with one or two small ideas of what could happen on this route. The route is the usual grassland route, if that helps!

I look forward to your ideas. Just reply here once you've finished.

Cheyron

Starting out
    Years
    Skill(s): Quest writer
    Proof of your best work: I don't have any on me

I don't have much to show but it's up to you to give me a shot. I think I could give you a pretty good story to run with. :)

Civet

Civet the Cat
    Years
    Skill(s): Quest writer
    Proof of your best work: I don't have any on me

I don't have much to show but it's up to you to give me a shot. I think I could give you a pretty good story to run with. :)

Thank you for your interest in Pokémon Apokélypse. Read through the storyline of the hack by clicking here and I'd like you to compose some dialog for a quest that you think would fit the scenario (for example, writing the dialog of the "suspicious man" talking to the player and telling him about these underground battles). You must have an intelligent and creative flare with your way of words.

Just reply on this thread once you've finished and I'll make my assessment. Keep in mind that this job requires quality over quantity; I'd much rather read a paragraph of flawless literature than four to five paragraphs of nonsense.

Back