• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Astra: v2.0 (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
Years
Hey, I'd like to apply for a role as a minor scripter...
Name: Haxofreak
Skill(s): Scripting, Storyline, Jingles etc.
Main role: Scripter
Past experience: Worked on several (now defunct) hacks like Crimson Glory, Ominous Black, Ocean Opal to name a few, before losing internet privilages... working on my own hack Rytra Quest
Proof(a script I made for my hack):
Spoiler:

Contact Information: email: [email protected], don't have a MSN account
but on Skype if interested(name: haxofreak)
Time Zone: GMT +5:30
Other: My bro C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f can help you wid tiling and mapping(i think)

Last edited:

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
There is a fountain in the default tileset, but due to the way the corners are, it can only be placed on a pavement like surface without looking odd. What you did should work great. especially since we can use it on several surfaces, not just grass or pavement.We currently do not have anyone on inserting duty, would anyone like to take that on? Or should we add it to the list of roles we need?

EDIT: I want to claim the top left area of the map, the gym town, routes connected to it, and that island. I want to turn this area into a snowy area to match the gym I'm doing, I figured it was the most suitable place to put it. In theory you would go through the route and it would gradually get colder/snowy as you went, until you reached the coldest point, the city. (or the last half of the route is a cave, and upon coming out you enter snow land.) Any comments or objections on this?

Last edited:

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
That sounds fun :3 perhaps I should make it so half the the ocean route is frozen over too ^_^ That would be a perfect place for an ice legendary if we planned one.....it would help explain the snow and be a fun side story imo, but it's not needed.

I'll keep waiting a bit for imput, but could anyone hook me up with some ice tiles for that? There are some already in game as you may know, but I'll need some snow covered scenery and buildings....and I'll have to check, but I don't think I can get the current snowy stuff to lead to water without issues, but I'll have to check again.

Also, welcome aboard haxofreak!

Last edited:

Partially

Slow like Shuckle
Years
  • Age 30
  • WA
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
What exactly are you looking for in a tiler?

Also, what pixel positions are currently used? I know people and such are mentioned, but what are they doing exactly?

I'd be interested in helping depending on what's shaping up. I'm just not seeing a lot now though. (I don't know this type of programming so can't help you there)

I'm very picky about art and I'd want to see you all turn out something nice, and I've checked your DA and such, what is planned graphically?

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Nothing has been used yet, we haven't really picked a style either. It's just been "make sure it's drawn right and looks good" so far, we'll have to brainstorm on that. We've been needing a tiler to make certain custom things we've wanted to place in our maps, like the thing I posted not to long ago with the snow.

We'd be glad to have you with us if you would want to join us, in skills, and the more the merrier. If you are interested could I trouble you to fill out a sign up fourm? Of course if you don't want to that's also cool :P It's nice to have people watching us.

Partially

Slow like Shuckle
Years
  • Age 30
  • WA
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Sure thing.
What is it you all are currently busy with?

Name: Partially
Skill(s): Any pixel or art-related area, concepts, drawings, pixel art, etc
Main role: Tiles/Pixels?
Past experience: Worked with pixel work for a few different projects that creators always bail on... been pixeling a few years, art all my life.
Contact Information: [email protected]
Time Zone: Pacific Time
Other: N/A

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Not just at the moment, you'll be contacted when we need them, don't worry :P

One question related to a future idea though....is it possible to make an item that would require you to have a certain pokemon in your party to be able to use it?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Possible through ASM I think..

I don't know things like that in scriptting...

Though maybe that "certain" POKéMON is given and we set a flag on it that's pretty easy to do in scripting... :)

But ASM should do the trick.... :)
Though I don't know how to use it......

Years
@partially, this is the breakdown so far:

Cosmotone8: trainer sprites, fakemon sprites, some overworlds
Nino (think she's sick): trainer sprites, fakemon sprites and some overworlds
SnakeJynx: shes a spriter, but i dont know whats her forte...
Ark: temporary tiling :P (just till we got a tile artist)

thats all the spriters so far, i think....

I wasn't planning on actually graphically contributing, mainly because i've got an idea for a hack i'm trying to do by myself :P, i joined cuz i liked that this team had a bunch of new members who were actually keen on getting a hack done :)... so since u've joined, u could do the tiles, i'll go back to background help

the plan was a complete revamp of all the tiles + whatever may be needed. Outkin's posted what he needs... i think the other mappers are a bit shy, they dont seem to wanna ask for what they need :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@outkin, why dont u make it like a script instead? like if a pokemon is in the party, and a certain item is in the inventory, then ___________ happens. I dont kno if thats possible through scripts tho, but i think it might be. Scripters, is it possible?
Even if its not, getting an asm routine to just search through the party for a certain pokemon shouldnt be too complex... but then we would need to be able to call a script when the item is being used... is that possible?

also, i think you guys (mappers, should really aim for getting the first beta mapped) delegating maps next to each other would really make sure all ur maps merge, after all, having different ppl map a set of towns/routes would seem a little odd if you guys map differently. So instead of splitting up the entire game in the beginning, start with how long u want the beta to be and work from there....

its just my opinion, but i always feel its smarter to start from the beginning and work forwards than to do everything separately and then try to piece it together in the end....

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@ark_silvanos

Yeah I know that it wouldn't be too complex to do it on ASM because I read JPAN's tut but I haven't tried it yet because I don't have time I got some other things to do...

It's possible if we use checkflag or checkitem for the script for the certain event to work so it wouldn't be a problem if we do that....

Hmm...
It seems the mappers are getting quieter by the time.. :)

Pokehacker11

a kid with a knack for mapping
Years
Hey guys! I'm back! I've got a weeks of catching up to do.
I'm sorry I was gone so long.
Welcome all new members!
I just wanted you guys to know that I've done the bottom part of the forest. I've also inserted 6 new tiles.
I can also Insert some more-I'm really good at it.
Just need the pic.

EDIT:
I'm going to insert Arks's trees. Don't worry-I wont't replace any tiles. Just insert.

Last edited:

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Wow, where's all the mappers? I'm quiet because I'm getting some work done. :P

I have some quick donations:
R9nXE.png

Ipzmz.png

VnTXI.png

These tiles aren't the best, and I won't be making much, since I can only do tiny little things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back