• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Galamyth (recruiting)

Which region name do you prefer

• Jinon

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Junon

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    How about a man who gives you a Lvl 3 Chiper and if you come back to him after beating gyms, he gives you the following Pokemon:

Gym 1: Shellard (Lvl 7)
    Gym 2: Chilling (Lvl 12)
    Gym 3: Pebbon (Lvl 18)
    Gym 4: Gish (Lvl 25)
    Gym 5: Venorpion (Lvl 32)
    Gym 6: Elecharge (Lvl 37)
    Gym 7: Aquiper (Lvl 43)
    Gym 8: Corrosogon (Lvl 48)

Elite 4 1: Masferno (Lvl 54)
    Elite 4 2: Grizzloom (Lvl 61)
    Elite 4 3: Mamemash (Lvl 67)
    Elite 4 4: Hydronicle (Lvl 73)
    Champion: Plasmadile (Lvl 80)
    I say, we implement this.. but I suggest that this NPC "moves" to other places as well, so that the player will not get tired of going back and forth..

Overall, this is a nice idea.

I can do thee scripting for Ray's idea :) but it obviously wont be done til much later.

Also, I think that after the game is beaten, you can do this:

go to a secret spot that was previously blocked off. When you go inside, you see the two starter pokemon that you didnt choose (in their fully evolved form). They both run away into the forest, but they leave behind two eggs, each containing the starters.
    Well, at least let the players battle them first, to see if they are worthy. After that, they will leave their eggs "accidentally." I suggest that this event should occur only once in this game.. IF YOU LOSE, YOU LOSE. hahahaha!

Last edited:

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    I like that idea about the starters leaving their eggs behind. It would make such a tragic movie... :lol:

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2014
    K,I like the ideas of the two starters,But to make it easier to script.Wouldnt it be better to let them all show.It would make it so much simpler.

The idea of the NPC moving is a good addition.Maybe let him appear in a Pokemon Center.Just a idea

Also the sprites will be remade before entering the game.To fix some outlines and some stuff.
    I would never expect that you would give a rating to all sprites.
    Stats/Evo/Typing will still be my area and I already decided on some things myself.
    Also the evo of Eevee have been changed so it can only evolve into Espeon and Umbreon and Eevee and the stones evo wont be accesable in the game.

If their are questions about the sprites moves/stats/evo's/concept etc.Post it here cause it will be easier for me to check *PM's take such a long time to load*.
    If their are other questions/suggestions/comments or even complaints post it all here

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    For the egg idea, will we need an egg OW, or will we just use the Pokeballs like they do for the Dream Mist in B/W?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    K,I like the ideas of the two starters,But to make it easier to script.Wouldnt it be better to let them all show.It would make it so much simpler.
    Actually, it wouldn't be much harder to just have two. It goes like this:
    when you pick a starter, it sets a flag depending on which one you choose.
    when you enter the secret area, it checks each flag.
    the flag that is activated (the starter you chose) will then disappear from the map.

Darkliferful said:
    The idea of the NPC moving is a good addition.Maybe let him appear in a Pokemon Center.Just a idea
    I agree with this.

Well, at least let the players battle them first, to see if they are worthy. After that, they will leave their eggs "accidentally." I suggest that this event should occur only once in this game.. IF YOU LOSE, YOU LOSE. hahahaha!
    Okay, good idea. You can talk to each starter to battle it. You can't catch it though. If you beat it, it will run and get the egg. If you lose, it runs without dropping the egg and you WHITE OUT >:D

For the egg idea, will we need an egg OW, or will we just use the Pokeballs like they do for the Dream Mist in B/W?
    egg OW. Using pokeballs wouldn't be good, why would wild pokemon be carrying their babies in pokeballs? :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2014
    Yeah,I know how the flag script works.But it was just a idea.Either one would be good

It would be best to have the egg OW.Pokeballs would be weird

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Off-topic: yay, Dark finally got an avatar.

On-topic: Its decided, then. We'll use an egg OW.
    But, lets put that topic aside for now and make a to-do list, in the order that they occur in the game. here's a start:

- edit Professor Oak's speech
    - starting town (DONE)
    - Route 1 (DONE)
    - Route 2 (DONE)
    - Second town (in progress)
    -

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2014
    Actually the maps are DONE when the scripts are added as well
    I think Ill work together with Leach on how we will do the Prof.Oak speech.
    Also specifically for Lolwhet:If you got questions about the sprites just PM me.

Off-topic: yeah,I thought it was time for it anyways.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Actually the maps are DONE when the scripts are added as well
    I think Ill work together with Leach on how we will do the Prof.Oak speech.
    Also specifically for Lolwhet:If you got questions about the sprites just PM me.

Off-topic: yeah,I thought it was time for it anyways.

ohh, yeah, forgot about the scripts. Hahaha.
    Dark can you PM me with a description of what scripts you want to have in the first two towns? I can go ahead and do them while i have the rom.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    I am going to bed now so,i cant do it now​

Oh, what time zone are you in?​

Its only 5:00pm here. It would be good to know the time zones of the team members so that we can have a better understanding of when people might be available.​

We should put the credits in the beginning, where it tells you the basics of the game. With the blue background, right before it shows what each button does.​

Progress for second town (mapping only, not scripts)

|[S-HIGHLIGHT]====================[/S-HIGHLIGHT]|

COMPLETE!

Team Galamyth (recruiting)

I finished it. I hope you like it.. If you don't, i can change whatever. I also added the warps and removed the connections from the Start Town to Route One to the new Viridian City.

Here's the ROM:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?azs6qdwz2xpfge9

Last edited:

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    I think it's going to be a heavily edited Kanto.

Also, it might not be the same as before, but Coldpeak (Where Cerulean is) is a snowy city, along with Route 5.

About the egg OW, I said a Pokeball because the egg would be an item. And don't forget, if you have an egg from the Daycare then it's been caught in a Pokeball for you, so why not these eggs?

Yeah, I have a problem for pushing ideas too much until the point where somebody ends up getting angry... Just my personality.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Can i join im getting board but im a slow worker lately by that i meen it takes a while to get into it but once im into it it take about 30 min to do if you want details vm me and ill tell you i dont feel like it now

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2014
    Though I like the city in a whole I can still see the Viridan concept in this town.
    The reason for putting those warps in the end and beginning of the route was to influence the size,tilesets and flow of the town itself.
    Thus creating a better and original cities.
    For now it is quite good but before we enter gernaium Town (Pewter City,Junon region name I came up with) it is acceptable.
    We shall not use the kanto region as the region of the main character.
    As we discussede one or two pages back the region we are doing was Junon or Jinon.
    The "Djanu" region will be demoted as a Sevii Island concept.
    For the next city I had this in mind
    A forest town.Lots of trees and grass.
    This is because the town will have a gym in it that will use the type Bug.
    (people who want to see the gym leader list.PM me)
    Like I mentioned before the warp portals will make this more possible then you would have with the "movement permission code" "0".
    Good options for the forest will be the Safari Zone tilesets or Viridian forest tilesets.
    This is discussable with the team members.!!
    [Now to the sprites that Lolwhet gave his rating about and which I will answer now
    First one is the WaterStarter line.Like I mentioned two posts back those will be remade before we put them as indexed sprites into the game.
    Next one is the Malizard/Disagon also known as the charmander editing and Buggy nidoking fusion.Same solution as the water line I will edit them.
    The question why I gave the Bouldodile and Mountouna line the type set of water/rock is quite simple.
    They are supposed to resemble mossy waterrocks.
    If you look closely at their color scheme you can see that the colorss are brown/green
    This means that changing them to a grass/rock or water/grass isnt discussable at this point anymore
    Next is Bloveesh also known as the evo of Jynx
    I got currently problems with this pokemon to make a specific stats set and movepool that goes well with this pokemon
    I do think that it could have some editing to make it less gardevoir like.Suggestions for this sprite are welcome
    Next one is the "supposed evo of Eevee" I scrapped this idea for not really making it easy for me to put this sprite and all the evo's of Eevee in it
    so I decided to make this "some sort of cousin of Eevee" it will be able to evolve into these pokemon

1.Espeon
    2.Umbreon
    The reason for doing this is because of making it simpler for me to make a well organised pokedex that we can live by.
    And that doesnt need much editing.
    All buggy pokemon will be fixed that is all
    The WTH pokemon also known as Levoison
    will be my biggest project to fix
    Due to its grotesque size and quite unique typing(counting Tentacruel/Tentacool/Qwilfish as the other ones it is still quite unique)
    So this one will have the most editing for now
    The Masaby line
    Will also have no more discussion.The editing is fine.And it is one of the few pokemon which I completely figured out at this point
    Boutiqueen the grass evo will have more of a supporter role with moves like Aromatherapy/Synthesis
    While Poypress will have a more offensive and damage dealing role with moves like Toxic/Powder moves
    Elephant eevee line
    This is considered one of the lines that is giving me a headache
    Due to the limitation that FR got.I cant have all the six evolutions.
    So either I will have to leave one out or let one of the evo's evolve further.
    As a example Mammosect evolves into Woodant
    Of course this would mean that Mammosect would be considered the weakest of the evo's which is fine cause of the Bug typing.
    This is discussable and open for suggestions
    Fire/steel serpent(sorry dont know all the pokemon names so far)
    Will be tweaked just a little bit so it fits the limitations of 64x64
    Underm
    Same solution as the Fire/Steel serpent
    Elephant Eevee line evolutions reasons
    Getting back on the elephants.I kinda figured out myself how to do this.
    The fire will evolve through a fire stone,of course
    The electric will evolve through a thunder stone,again of course
    The Bug will evolve through lvl,cause of the place I planned you will be able to catch the normal elephant which will be in a big forest.
    The ground will evolve when atk>def.Cause I had atk<def planned for the ice
    The ice will evolve when atk<def.*Points to reason one sentence back*
    The grass will evolve when you give the bug version elephant a leaf stone.
    This is currently the concept of how it currently looks like this is the most discussable of all the sprites
    and it would be nice to hear your suggestions on this

Mame Line
    This is only discussable on the lvl when he will evolve into Mamemash.
    Due to then fact that I had a concept for the dragon alter evolution.This will be through a item.(this is discussable on which item it will be)
    Yaicub
    I like it better with white and purple cause it contradicts the dark type this way
    Wolfowl
    Didnt thought of it that way.Is a possibility.Though I need a extra space for it
    Ferocound
    Yeah though I will stick with female cause the male on looks too much like a mightyena
    Armeetle
    Yeah I think I will redo that entire concept
    Frozon
    I think it is good the way it is now
    Berserra Line
    Also a maybe to change it into a dark ice line
    Dusseeul
    Also known as the Ghost Deity will be the second biggest cause it is considered my biggest sprite so it will be though to let him fit in the 64x64 limit.
    Deities in general
    If someone would be so nice as to make a OW for these pokemon,I would be very grateful.
    I think I have answered all of the questions that considered the sprites,if not tell me.I am really happy that
    you like so much of my sprites

Next Point scripting/story/events
    I think it would be best to let the opening stay at it is now.Cause of my lack of imagination for this part.
    Suggestions for this are really appreciated.
    Story for the first four maps
    You are a ten year old boy that will get it very first starter pokemon
    Your neighbour is your rival.(I think it would be best to stick with gary,also discussable)
    You get your starter and it is your first battle.For now it sticks with the original line of FR.
    Now to get the plot to start working.
    You win/lose against your rival you leave the building and you see a group standing by the "Galamyth" cave(name is currently discussable)
    You see them entering the cave and you go after them.but the passage is blocked by one of the grunts.Saying that only Unigend members can enter.
    This was your first encounter with Team Unigend.Dont worry you will be able to enter the cave eventually.
    Now to go to your first route.When you first enter the route you will see a trainer walking around.You try to talk him when you will eventually battle him.he will have a Fibboon as team.
    This will be your second rival.When you beat him he will give you a Potion.
    Before you leave the route you see a Plasmadile in the distance but when you try to walk to him he flees

This is what I currently have for the story.Opinions/Comments/Suggestions are welcome
    This was my longest post I ever made in a forums site.
    I hope you guys appreciate the effort I put into this post.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Wow, I think that that was your biggest post on a forum.

I like the ideas, but I don't like Mammosect evolving into Woodant. Here's how Ivocub should evolve into its' evos:

Woodant = Leaf Stone
    Flammoth = Fire Stone
    Elevolt = Thunderstone
    Tusksteel = Atk> Def
    Elefreeze = Atk <Def
    Mammosect Atk = Def

I know there's six, but you could easily remove one and replace it with a prevo for a Pokemon that deserves one *Cough*Plasmadile*Cough*.

Last edited:
    Back