• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Help

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Ok, as my other thread was closed down, lets try again.

Just to repeat from that thread though, i dont have access to shoddy/smogon or other such things. so please dont say "check smogon for EVs", "you should shoddy test this" etc etc.

I used to play along time ago, but just recently got back in with SS. I am unfortunatly unable to access WIFI or Trading. so im looking to make a team just from what i can get on SS (unfortunatly without the add of certain websites, its hard to know what i can get hold off)

Anyway, this is what i have been thinking about so far... (oh, and in answer to Aragonbird, who asked something simmilar to "whats the point of getting a competative team together is you cant use it on wifi" well, i just want to. i want the option that if someone says, hey fancy a game of pokemon i can answer in the affirmative then wipe the floor with them. i felt a little agression in the way you post aragornbird, and if that is how you "welcome" new or returning players to this board, regardless of how "noob" their question may be, then i think pokecommunity may need to alter its welcoming commity..)

Ive decided that i want to go down a stally route for the team (though i can vbe convinced otherwise if this isnt good for the current meta game...

regardless, i want to carry a bulkygyara i thought something like this...

Gyarados @ leftovers
    Impish 252 hp/252d def/6 spd
    - Waterfall
    - Stone edge
    - Rest
    - Roar

is bulky gyara the way to go? or should i have a more aggressive gyara and have a wally Steelix?

anyway, i certainly want to have blissy around (can i catch her in SS? please say i can!)

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm 252 hp/252 sdef/6 spd
    - Aromatherapy
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Flamethrower

And i want a nice lead, i was thinking Tyranitar to get Sandstream out quick, but can he drop Rocks as well? (i think hippowdon can if my memory serves me right, but i dont think i can catch him is SS can i?)

Past that im afraid im lost, please help!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I don't see how you got any sort of aggression from that post, because there wasn't any. I was only stating the truth, but I guess the truth hurts or something...

Anyways, since you're going for a stall team, there is a very good guide in this forum. Go HERE and read the whole thing.

It's good because it gives you a checklist at the very end for what a Stall team should have:

Have SR + Spikes (100% needed) / T-Spikes (optional)?
    Have a Rapid Spin blocker?
    Have a Rapid Spinner?
    Have a (P)Hazer?
    Have a status absorber or some way to deal with status?
    Have something to stop last Pokémon sweeps (e.g. Encore / Taunt + Toxic / Perish Song / Trick / Curse)?
    Have Wish support? (optional)
    Have something to absorb T-Spikes? (optional)
    Have something to change the weather? (optional)

HERE you can see an example of a stall team in PC. What's interesting about this team is that it uses both Blissey and Gyarados on it, so you should definitely look at it to see how it works. It might be a little outdated because Salamence is now uber, but it's still a good example nonetheless.

Btw, you can't get Wish Blissey in-game because it is only a one-time only Event Pokemon from 5 years ago. You CAN get normal Blisseys though.

Hope you get WiFi soon! I don't have WiFi at the moment either, so I know how you feel.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Thats great thanks! So tyranitar, can he drop SR? if not should i lead with Aerodacktyl? (can i get him in SS from old amber in game?)

Maybe i could swap out wish blissy for clefable? (would also prevent residule damge thanks to her ability...)

Maybe

Clefable @ leftovers
    Calm
    252 hp/252 sdef/2spd
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Aromatherapy/heal bell (can these be bred on? if not milktank with heal bell and wish, is that breadable?)
    - random SpAtt move

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Does Aerodactyl have high Defense/Sp. Defense, lots of resistances, and can take lots of hits? NO.
    So it doesn't belong on a Stall team.

Yes, Tyranitar can learn Stealth Rock.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Does Aerodactyl have high Defense/Sp. Defense, lots of resistances, and can take lots of hits? NO.
    So it doesn't belong on a Stall team.

I get what your saying, but do ALL members of a team have to follow that? doesnt the fact that aerodactyl puts up the quickest SR (or at least im sure he used to...) help the team?

not that matters i think il lead with tyrannitar, il have a go a a full team tonight and post up here tomorrow...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I get what your saying, but do ALL members of a team have to follow that? doesnt the fact that aerodactyl puts up the quickest SR (or at least im sure he used to...) help the team?

not that matters i think il lead with tyrannitar, il have a go a a full team tonight and post up here tomorrow...

When you're playing stall, you want all of your team members to be as useful as possible. Aerodactyl doesn't really help a stall team because, although he does get SR up quickly, he provides little other means of support. An example of a lead that is useful later game is Forretress; he can start off setting up Spikes or Toxic Spikes early, and later can come spin off the opponent's hazards, and provides a good set of resistances with few weaknesses that your team can easily cover. If you want a lead that starts off sandstorm for you, I'd much rather advise Hippowdon; it can serve as a PHazer (Roar), sets up Stealth Rock, and walls almost all physical attacks endlessly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Can i catch the pre evo of hipowdon in hg/ss? refer to 1st post as to why i ask this...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

You can get Hippopotas in the Safari Zone after getting the National Dex. It appears in the Desert Area. You need to place some Peak Objects (Small, Big, or Mossy Rocks) in order for it to appear.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    OK, so i had a little think last night, and this is what i came up with...

Tyranitar @ ???
    ???
    ???
    - Taunt
    - Pursuit
    - Stone edge
    -???

Clefable@ ???
    calm
    252 spdef/252 hp/6 def
    -wish
    -protect
    -flamethrower/;thunderbolt/toxic
    -seismic toss/healbell or aromatherapy/toxic

forretress @ ???
    ???
    252 def / 252 spd def/6 hp
    -spike
    -rapid spin
    -gyro ball
    - ???

mismagius @ ???
    ???#
    ???
    -perish song
    -pain split
    -shadow ball
    -???

gyarados@ leftovers
    jolly
    ???
    -roar
    -rest
    -waterfall
    -???

Last slot is open, maybe a gliscor? or perhaps make tyranitar a scarf revenge killer and have hippowdon as my lead? i may drop rest off gyara if i cant get heal bell/aromatherapy on clefable (is there a breeding chain through milktank?). mismagius is ok, would have prefered perish song gengar, but general concensus sees him as to fragile for a stall team, right?

better than my last "attempt" im sure, rip it apart guys!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Clefable is an inferior Blissey.

Gyarados wants either Impish or Careful.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Clefable is an inferior Blissey.

Gyarados wants either Impish or Careful.

It is yes, but i cant have a wish/protect blissey, which is what im going for, additionally clefable can ignore hail/ss/spike/toxicspike when facing opposing stallers, maybe you could suggest an alternative?

and why would impish or careful be better?

I appreciate comments, but would appreciate more comments that explain why the changes are good for me...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    It is yes, but i cant have a wish/protect blissey, which is what im going for, additionally clefable can ignore hail/ss/spike/toxicspike when facing opposing stallers, maybe you could suggest an alternative?

and why would impish or careful be better?

I appreciate comments, but would appreciate more comments that explain why the changes are good for me...

Rest Talk Gyarados needs a + s/def nature to you know, actually take hits what what its supposed to be countering. Jolly does it no favours.

And does immunity to hail/ss even matter when you lose to anything that hits remotely hard lol.

Just use standard Softboiled bliss if you cant get wish.

Back