• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Pasta!

Team Name?

• Keep Team Pasta

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Pasta Throwing & Hacking Team

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Something Else With Pasta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something Entirely Different (Post What)

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
  • Okay well at the moment im at my freinds normally on some weekends and if you need a map post and i will read what you need done, and send me the ip in pm.

Thanks, and cant wait to see

ThePastaThrower

...Is adding extra meatballs..
    Years
  • Hey guys, I've done the first draft of the world map.

Team Pasta!
    (CREDIT TO ALISTAIR FOR THE TILESET)

This is my first worldmap ever, so go easy on me.

I've also done some custom DPP style buildings, I hope you like them.

Team Pasta!

(These are my first tiles ever, so please go easy on me on this one too)

This is a PC and a Mart and two versions of a random building.

Oh and no, I don't want to let anyone else use them.

More to come!

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • All amasing dude!
    This hack has been going slow for a while - I thought that you were quit!
    But it is oh so great to see that city realms is back - and this time - your an even better tile-spriter!

ThePastaThrower

Years
  • All amasing dude!
    This hack has been going slow for a while - I thought that you were quit!
    But it is oh so great to see that city realms is back - and this time - your an even better tile-spriter!

It's true, I have been quite inactive lately. But now I'm hoping to do more work. I'm sorry, I've been a little distracted, because... Wait for it... I got a PS3! Well actually it's not that. I just haven't had time to be on the computer.

I will be posting more content, so eyes open people!

EDIT: C'mon people! This team is not dead!!! Post something!!! PLEAAAASEEE!!! NOOOO!!!! *faints*

Last edited:

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
    Years
  • 'Ello!

Don't faint, it's only... *whips out calculator* umm 25-13 is... i'ts only been 12 days

umm... 2.... weeks that is....

anyways, I'm bored this is effectivley a bump since pasta said so last post

wait waynes world, rotc? you don't mean relics of the chozo do you....

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Hey guys, I've done the first draft of the world map.

Team Pasta!
    (CREDIT TO ALISTAIR FOR THE TILESET)

This is my first worldmap ever, so go easy on me.

I've also done some custom DPP style buildings, I hope you like them.

Team Pasta!

(These are my first tiles ever, so please go easy on me on this one too)

This is a PC and a Mart and two versions of a random building.

Oh and no, I don't want to let anyone else use them.

More to come!

Those are some mighty fine tiles you got there. They give me an "England" like feeling. Like, really fancy. That's not a bad thing though! I was actually thinking that for some of the Pokecenters that are in the slums, you could have some of the windows be broken, or something like that. I like the world map. Is that how it'll look ingame, cause it looks really awesome. I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have a semi-decent excuse. I was watching Abridged series on Youtube. See? Semi-decent excuses ftw!

Shadow-Lugia

Years
  • After my last bump, I decided I should look at pasta's tiles

Yeah, like arcelio said, they look, (cue aussie maccas ad reference) a little bit fancy, lulz but yeah that's a good thing they look nice just one thing those, whaddya callem those things that hang over doors, shades(?), anyways they look a little... flat...

also, i've got a semi-decent(semi? more like anti-decent)excuse too.

as any metroid fan would have guessed by my bump...

wait waynes world, rotc? you don't mean relics of the chozo do you....
    that "chozo" means I've found a new game series to be an obsessed fan of, Metroid! Specifically, super metroid, fusion and zero mission.

EDIT: lulz, I was looking back on old posts and realized that when i whined about shades, i didn't mention that i meant sunglasses, and caused people to mention basics :embarrass

Last edited:

ThePastaThrower

Years
  • Whoah, it's been a while since my last update. I wanted them to look a bit "fancy" since this hack is based in the near-future. There will be old-fashioned run-down buildings from poorer areas (like the Lower City). I've been working on some "prison" type tiles, using my idea for the game. So, what's an update without images? Here's some work in progress tiles:

Team Pasta!

(Oh, if anyone steals this, a yeti will eat your family and)

Like I said, work in progress. Howd'ya think that'd fit for our idea, Arcelio?

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Whoah, it's been a while since my last update. I wanted them to look a bit "fancy" since this hack is based in the near-future. There will be old-fashioned run-down buildings from poorer areas (like the Lower City). I've been working on some "prison" type tiles, using my idea for the game. So, what's an update without images? Here's some work in progress tiles:

Team Pasta!

(Oh, if anyone steals this, a yeti will eat your family and)

Like I said, work in progress. Howd'ya think that'd fit for our idea, Arcelio?

Fits damn well. I like how the buildings represent the city, showing obvious poverty. (Without all the fancy words) Good building tiles. I hope some more updates show up soon.

P.S: Our main thread got closed. Something about not posting in month old topics, or something like that.

ThePastaThrower

Years
  • I agree. But I don't think we'll have to make a new one in the Scrapbox section. When I'm done with the tiles, we're going straight to Progressing hacks section. Now planning on sewer tiles and more city tiles...

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Oh man!
    Those are some awesome new tiles man!
    Great work! (but no surprise since you showed me on msn)
    Just so you know... on the first page. could you change 07harris to Codec?
    I changed my name, and please dont make it light mapper. I am no longer light...
    You tell me:
    Team Pasta!

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Oh man!
    I changed my name, and please dont make it light mapper. I am no longer light...
    You tell me:
    Team Pasta!

I like it. I think this map would fit well within the Haze Islands, or near the outskirts of the city.

Yeah, the usual, some n00b comes along without reading any rules, goes gets a thread locked, now we have to make a new one...

infact, that made me make this rant:
    Team Pasta!

grr... :cer_pissed::cer_pissed::cer_pissed::cer_pissed:

Yes, it does suck because now people can't make comments or give advice on the hack.

I agree. But I don't think we'll have to make a new one in the Scrapbox section. When I'm done with the tiles, we're going straight to Progressing hacks section. Now planning on sewer tiles and more city tiles...

Straight to the progressing hacks section? Sounds good to me. How close are you to being done with the tiles? There's no rush, but I'd like to know how close we are getting to the metaphorical finish line.

ThePastaThrower

Years
  • Oh man!
    You tell me:
    Team Pasta!

Comin' Right up. Looks very nice.

Straight to the progressing hacks section? Sounds good to me. How close are you to being done with the tiles? There's no rush, but I'd like to know how close we are getting to the metaphorical finish line.

Hmm... The actual city tiles shouldn't very far away. I've still got to do the sewers, inside tiles, some big boss buildings, and roads, then we could start mapping.

Mountains and other areas should take a bit longer, but we could start without them.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Comin' Right up. Looks very nice.

Hmm... The actual city tiles shouldn't very far away. I've still got to do the sewers, inside tiles, some big boss buildings, and roads, then we could start mapping.

Mountains and other areas should take a bit longer, but we could start without them.

That sounds pretty good so far. Good work everyone. Yeah, we can wait on the mountains seeing as the player won't get to them until mid/late game, so we can save that for last.

ThePastaThrower

Years
  • Yes, I agree.

Right now I'm planning sewer tiles and prison underground tiles. Any suggestions or wishes for those? Should I make them really gritty and run-down? Or should I make it modern and clean? I think the first one would fit better. Should I have pipes, vents, other stuff? I AM planning on having an air vent entrance somewhere you could open and crawl inside.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Yes, I agree.

Right now I'm planning sewer tiles and prison underground tiles. Any suggestions or wishes for those? Should I make them really gritty and run-down? Or should I make it modern and clean? I think the first one would fit better. Should I have pipes, vents, other stuff? I AM planning on having an air vent entrance somewhere you could open and crawl inside.

I would say that the sewer system be divided between gritty and clean. The richer half of the city would obviously have a better sewer system, while the slums would have a gritter one. I say yes to the pipes and vents, but only in moderation. Don't make too many of them. At most, they should lead to a few areas with extra items, or a shortcut to another side of town.

ThePastaThrower

Years
  • ^ wow just what i was going to say. but fancier ^

anyway yeah, sounds good.

by the way, will there be any poor trainers in the slums, you know, like ripped shirt, bad pokemon, trying to resort to stealing (or even begging) for pokemon. that sort of stuff?

Yeah, maybe something like that. But I don't think we need to drag that "gritty" feeling that far. I don't necessarily think the trainers in the sewers need bad Pokémon, maybe just good Pokémon but stolen ones? Maybe have a side-quest with a gang you have to beat (like an unofficial gym? Something like that) and you could get some special item. Or maybe team up with them, but then they'll betray you? Or not?

We'll be right back after this commercial break.

Shadow-Lugia

Years
  • Yeah, maybe something like that. But I don't think we need to drag that "gritty" feeling that far. I don't necessarily think the trainers in the sewers need bad Pokémon, maybe just good Pokémon but stolen ones? Maybe have a side-quest with a gang you have to beat (like an unofficial gym? Something like that) and you could get some special item. Or maybe team up with them, but then they'll betray you? Or not?

We'll be right back after this commercial break.

I meant, should I sprite them, lulz, but, that looks like a yes so i'll do it anyway.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back