• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    To me, they look like a bunch of freaks in Dutch outfits, they will never compare to Team Galactic, I bet their leader won't even give us nightmares like Cyrus did, I mena really, Cyrus was just..... sick, he wanted to destroy the universe and recreate it, apparently without emotions, seriously, his last words in Platinum

"Someday you will wake up in my world, a world without spirit...." The mere thought of it is just horrifying....

Considering their knight theme, we will probably be going for admins like Pawn, Bishop, Rook, Queen, and the leader King

Going along with the whole Rook, Queen, King thing, does anyone have any ideas what importances the crown at the begining of the trailer play. I know i have seen it in another trailer before.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Thing about Cyrus that irked me was how overly cliche his evil plan was and how it seemed completely out of place in a Pokemon game. You have this classic insane Neizche wannabe villain who intends to destroy the universe and recreate his own, and you thwart him by...engaging him and his underlings in an honorable pokemon battle...yeah >_>
    That's actually what I liked about him. He was an actual threat to people, not just an irritating gangster. You actually had a good reason to stop him other than doing it for the lulz. The most the Rockets did was take over a company.
    I wish I could say the same thing about Magma/Aqua but I fail to see how activating a volcano in the middle of the region could actually increase the landmass. They're all environmental terrorists. With that said, I think we can hope for Team BP soon.

I can't speak for the story changes made in Platinum as I hate Sinnoh so much that even playing Pearl killed a lot of my interest in the series, so whatever...
    That's a shame, Platinum really made Cyrus the star of the game. He's actually given a background so you know why he tried to recreate the universe. I'd suggest playing it since it's certainly the most interesting out of the third versions, but this is just the testimony of a Sinnoh fanboy.

If you must go the darker route, the villainous team leader needs to be someone that doesn't care that he lost to the player character. He'll commence with his world-destroying plans anyways regardless of what you do short of killing him or something. :D

Dying, in Pokemon? Absurd, everything that dies is already dead when you get there(save maybe that raticate that gary has). It's a shame really.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Thing about Cyrus that irked me was how overly cliche his evil plan was and how it seemed completely out of place in a Pokemon game. You have this classic insane Neizche wannabe villain who intends to destroy the universe and recreate his own, and you thwart him by...engaging him and his underlings in an honorable pokemon battle...yeah >_>

I can't speak for the story changes made in Platinum as I hate Sinnoh so much that even playing Pearl killed a lot of my interest in the series, so whatever...

Pokemon villainous organizations are better if they're like Team Rocket, no long-term goal other than making money and the player character's presence is clearly more of an annoyance to them than a definite halting of their operations.

If you must go the darker route, the villainous team leader needs to be someone that doesn't care that he lost to the player character. He'll commence with his world-destroying plans anyways regardless of what you do short of killing him or something. :D

I totally get where you're coming from. The leaders can have the most cunning evil plan ever and a great backstory...but being stopped by some kid in a Pokemon battle seems absurd. At least with Rocket they weren't really doing anything major; they were just petty; so I can kind of understand how a kid can thwart their plans and let them be. But if you're going to destroy the universe and create a new one, a Pokemon battle isn't going to stop you.

I've never really had an interest in what these teams do, especially since they keep looking even more ridiculous and have even more over the top plans each generation. With Rocket they were just some gangsters trying to make some cash which was perfect. But these days I just find them annoying. I can't relate to them, I don't find them scary or clever and I just wish they weren't there.

In the past few weeks I've been really excited about N and his character. I honestly thought this generation wasn't going to have a Team, and it was just going to be him. I was excited to have him interact with the player throughout the story, much like a rival, perhaps even sometimes act like a rival, but at some point turn as his feelings became stronger to the point where he couldn't control them. That would be when he lusts for power to do whatever it is he wanted to do, where he finds that crown which grants him that power. Then you'd have an epic battle with him, he loses the crown, and then he comes to his senses. That's what I wanted...something simple but relatively deep at the same time; something with character and story. That might still happen to some extent, but we're going to have these crazy medieval guys all over the place making it feel stupid.

That's all totally my opinion of course. Some people probably prefer a whole team trying to take over the world or whatever, but I wanted a single foe that starts his journey at the same time as us, but snaps and loses control.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    Oh dear, yeah D;
    It gets boring Team Rocket, Team Aqua/Magma, Team Galaxy, Team /insertnamehere...*sigh*

Anyways, actually they would look better if they got rid of those hoods.
    They want Plasma to look like this ?

Team Plasma Discussion

Well fine, but...at least they could try to make it suitable >_>
    Eh...I'm not saying I hate, but I'm not loving the design that much either D:
    i agree witth the hood part at least... i would like the design if they removed it

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Their uniforms suck hopefully they make up for it with an awesome plot
    please PLEASE no midevil crap in Pokemon I hate midevil stuff

Well, that's your opinion. I want a Pokemon game set in the time of Sir Aaron where the Pokemon go to war and wear armor ... >.>

Bay

Years
    Going to backtrack a bit for one of the posts because Bay has been sleeping and away today. D:

I think that it is definitely an interesting choice. I personally would have never thought of a medieval-theamed organization which might make this plot way more interesting (even though it already was).

Something I find intriguing is the beginning of the sequence with the crown being placed on someone's head. Based on the picture of the grunts and the theme I would assume this has to deal with Team Plasma and the guy looks A LOT like N, not the evil guy they showed us a while back (with the red eye). So at the moment I have a few theories:

1. It turns out the guy is N who has gone insane with power.

2. The guy is N's father, is head of the organization, and is either trying to get his son to join, or despises his son and N joins up with you eventually to bring down his father.

3. Same idea as above, but with the guy as N's brother (may or may not be twin).

4. N has split personalities.

5. They have nothing to do with each other and it is just a coincidence the guy at the beginning of the sequence looks like N. ;)
    Yeah, I noticed that in the trailer too and your theories does sound plausible. The fourth theory though I already mentioned in the thread of the discussion of N of how I think split personalities might be a bit complex for a Pokemon game. The first theory I like most because of the plot potential, as Cjdamon explained (the explanation I quoted at bottom of my post).

In the past few weeks I've been really excited about N and his character. I honestly thought this generation wasn't going to have a Team, and it was just going to be him. I was excited to have him interact with the player throughout the story, much like a rival, perhaps even sometimes act like a rival, but at some point turn as his feelings became stronger to the point where he couldn't control them. That would be when he lusts for power to do whatever it is he wanted to do, where he finds that crown which grants him that power. Then you'd have an epic battle with him, he loses the crown, and then he comes to his senses. That's what I wanted...something simple but relatively deep at the same time; something with character and story. That might still happen to some extent, but we're going to have these crazy medieval guys all over the place making it feel stupid.

That's all totally my opinion of course. Some people probably prefer a whole team trying to take over the world or whatever, but I wanted a single foe that starts his journey at the same time as us, but snaps and loses control.

*steals that idea for a possible future fanfic* :P

Seriously though, the idea you put does sound awesome and not really over the top for a Pokemon game. Yeah, the grunts might be an annoyance, but as long as the overall plot and the foe are good, I'm cool.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    Great. I see the picture of Team Plasma and now I got a song stuck in my head...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0

If there's not even a single Plasma Grunt in the NA/EU versions of B/W who makes even a PASSING reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I will be sad. I mean, c'mon...

Just my two cents...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    *steals that idea for a possible future fanfic* :P

Seriously though, the idea you put does sound awesome and not really over the top for a Pokemon game. Yeah, the grunts might be an annoyance, but as long as the overall plot and the foe are good, I'm cool.

Already writing my own plot for a Pokemon game I might (but probably won't lol) make that's somewhat similar to that haha

But yeah, if the rest of the game is great (which it looks to be), I'll get over the team being there.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    Their the most evil of them all..Can't you see they just got back from robbing a renaissance fair?

Train rides by

current challenge:bug monotype
    Years
    I think that it is definitely an interesting choice. I personally would have never thought of a medieval-theamed organization which might make this plot way more interesting (even though it already was).

Something I find intriguing is the beginning of the sequence with the crown being placed on someone's head. Based on the picture of the grunts and the theme I would assume this has to deal with Team Plasma and the guy looks A LOT like N, not the evil guy they showed us a while back (with the red eye). So at the moment I have a few theories:

1. It turns out the guy is N who has gone insane with power.

2. The guy is N's father, is head of the organization, and is either trying to get his son to join, or despises his son and N joins up with you eventually to bring down his father.

3. Same idea as above, but with the guy as N's brother (may or may not be twin).

4. N has split personalities.

5. They have nothing to do with each other and it is just a coincidence the guy at the beginning of the sequence looks like N. ;)

i think its more like 3. but not brother but sister if you watched the trailer the eyes look more like a girls thats what i thought. on a side note my idea is probably wrong but if it is right she would be the first female team leader

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Great. I see the picture of Team Plasma and now I got a song stuck in my head...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0

If there's not even a single Plasma Grunt in the NA/EU versions of B/W who makes even a PASSING reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I will be sad. I mean, c'mon...

Just my two cents...

A Japanese version hasnt been released yet, so how the hell could you know?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    they look like friggin knights...Plasma makes me think high tech, this is a dissapointment for me. But I'm guessing they want to stop industrialization and go back to the old ways?

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    First of all, I've seen lots of people saying that Fire is plasma. Fire is no plasma. Fire is not hot enough nor has the enough requirements to be a plasma. So, fire has nothing to do with plasma. But lightning does. Lightning is a plasma.
    Cyrus wasnt scary, he was a genius ... His idea was great. I actually kind of hated that you stopped him
    Yeah, I've seen LOTS of people hating Cyrus' goals; but IMO they're not bad. Netherless...

The antique-ish theme going with their uniforms and the futuristic look from Isshu look promising. Maybe some storyline pertaining Victini (he cames from the past, hence 000) could be played here. Not forgetting Reshi and Zek, obviously.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Meh. They could be futuristic knights. Like Steampunk but, obviously, not. Like the Forever Knights in Ben 10

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    EPIC FAIL.... NOT!

they look like Knights from the medieval times, so badass

you know their gonna have some wacko evil awesomeness XD

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    Train rides by said:
    i think its more like 3. but not brother but sister if you watched the trailer the eyes look more like a girls thats what i thought. on a side note my idea is probably wrong but if it is right she would be the first female team leader

Um, that is not a girl (assuming the scouter IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND! guy and sleepy eyes are the same or even related). The eyes look like Black's and Cheren's (both male characters) anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back