• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma's Scheme?

Years
    Team Plasma's intentions were pretty stupid, I'd say. I know that they are unique, but aiming to free all Pokemon from humans and stuff like that didn't seem realistic to me. That is just not happening. The other evil teams had at least reasonable and sensible goals. lol Team Galactic

Fire-Mane59

My beard... It intimidates you
    Years
    Lance, the guy who blows up cities with a pokemon... -_-

I havn't played the game, and i didn't read that much replies in this thread in hopes of not spoiling ma'self. (but did)
    But... As soon as i heard Team Plasma's lil scheme, the thought of the ideals that had the Elite Four (In manga) shouted in my head.
    But that's just comparing the game with the manga and that's just crossing the borders.

So I say. Good scheme, bound to have plot twists.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've never liked the idea of Pokemon not being under the influence of trainers, ever since I scoffed at disgust at the idea of the Mystery Dungeon games. So needless to say, I probably see their plans as quite a bit more insane than others here.

And the hypocrisy of them enslaving and using Pokemon in order to liberate Pokemon doesn't escape me. Surely the gruints should have realized, "We're doing the exact same thing we're protesting against! What's wrong with this picture?"

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
    That's true....

Maybe the grunts/knights were planning to release their pokemon after they liberated other tranier's pokemon.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i love how understanding N is and how he actually treasures his pokemon even though his ultimate aim is to rid the world of their deprivation. team plasma and their scheme is definitely interesting

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    In each of the past games, the bad guys were all so focused on harnessing a Legendary Pokemon's power and using it to take over the region or the entire world. In Black and White, Team Plasma believe that they are being enslaved and should be set free.

Do you like this new goal? Do you care or dislike it?
    Except Team Rocket. Well, they created their own legendary, Mewtwo. but it is too strong so they go to Silph Co. to get master ball so Mewtwo can be caught.
    I havn't played the game, and i didn't read that much replies in this thread in hopes of not spoiling ma'self. (but did)
    But... As soon as i heard Team Plasma's lil scheme, the thought of the ideals that had the Elite Four (In manga) shouted in my head.
    But that's just comparing the game with the manga and that's just crossing the borders.

So I say. Good scheme, bound to have plot twists.
    not really crossing border in my opinion.
    That's why i like the Manga. they are 1 step beyond the game since the mange have more room to develop the plot, and characters role.
    I have 2 things to say
    1. Not all people have bad intentions for their pokemon
    and
    2. The costumes of the antagonists just keep getting funnier looking.
    Why do the antagonists always have funny looking costumes? couldn't they wear something normal? A jacket with a logo is enough....
    Prime antagonist, Giovanni(both the original dan hg/ss), Archer, Archie&Maxie, and cyrus have good design. It is their grunt that awful and ridiculous.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    They're well-intentioned extremists being manipulated by a maniac.

Years
    I've never liked the idea of Pokemon not being under the influence of trainers, ever since I scoffed at disgust at the idea of the Mystery Dungeon games. So needless to say, I probably see their plans as quite a bit more insane than others here.

And the hypocrisy of them enslaving and using Pokemon in order to liberate Pokemon doesn't escape me. Surely the gruints should have realized, "We're doing the exact same thing we're protesting against! What's wrong with this picture?"

I think all the teams have an air of hypocrisy to them, which is why all their plans end up falling apart in the end (or because of an obnoxious 10 year old)

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Does Plasma have a point?

In case you can't infer the meaning of the title: Do you think Team Plasma actually has a legitimate point? Did you ever find yourself agreeing with them?

So, in the generation, we have a team with a completely different goal than the rest. And in my opinion, they sort of have a pretty decent point. I mean, when you look at it their way, it would kind of suck to be a Pokemon. Sure, they don't go about the best way to attain their goals, but its not like their doing evil to accomplish evil necessarily.

But the reason that I find myself agreeing with Plasma is because I haven't seen anyone actually bring a good counter-argument in the game. In a way, it makes sense that Plasma exists. The people of Unova seem to believe the "Pokemon and people are friends" concept so much, that they simply push Plasma's ideas aside. Every NPC says that Team Plasma is wrong, because Pokemon and peole are friends, but they never go further in depth than that. They give no details to support their statements. Most prominently of these people is Cheren. He outright ignored Team Plasma completely, he didn't even have the decency to pay attention to what they were saying. He simply pushes them aside like an internet troll that just says "sorry, I'm right, your wrong." when trying to have a debate. The arrogance displayed by Cheren makes me think that it is people like Cheren is the reason Team Plasma exists, in part. Not because he abuses Pokemon, but because he dismisses the notion that Pokemon might not like battling rather selfishly, his only counter being that they are friends, even though he never backs it up.

All in all, I think GF was trying way too hard to make these guys seem like villains. From what I have seen, Game Freak, instead of giving you a list of reasons why Plasma is evil, just says "their evil, be happy with it." It just ends up making the NPCs look incredibly arrogant and Plasma look better. In the end, I never actually saw Team Plasma and felt hatred towards them, I never really looked down upon them, I actually felt sorry for the guys. They are fighting for an actual reason, a fairly good reason at that, but were sadly deluded by corrupt leaders who turn out making the team into a big bunch of hypocrites.

Anyways, I wanted to know your own feelings about how evil Plasma actually was. Do you think that they are wholly evil and were a threat to society at large? Or do you think that they were just of mislead and perhaps a bit radical animal rights activists. (In other words, PETA.)

mysticjoshgaming

mr awesome guy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    they were forcing people to release pokemon so that ghetsis could control the unova region so they are evil

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Nope, mysticjoshgaming.

** SPOILERS ***

Did you read what Ghetsis said at the end of the game? He said he was tricking everyone - including Team Plasma and N - into releasing their Pokémon so that he would be the only one with Pokémon.

Cryptys

Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2017
    Haha, I love this thread already.

I personally thought the Team Plasma ideal was incredibly clever. Making their "goal" or agenda something that is somewhat contraversial was so brilliant! Before I ever even played B&W I thought to myself, "Wow....so Ashe sends his Pikachu in to battle a Ground type pokemon that completely counters it b/c he's too ignorant to know the different types?" "He seriously talks about how great he is when his pokemon win through guts and determination when he doesn't even know the opponent pokemon's moves until it hurts his pokemon?" How is that treating your pokemon right? What if that particular pokemon doesn't even want to fight?!

However, I am comforted by the fact that the relationship b/w pokemon and people is way more complex than simply a pokemon trainer. There are tons of pokemon owners in the anime that have never even battled and simply love taking care of pokemon and/or enjoying their companionship!

Also, I feel ok beating Team Plasma b/c you just know from the start that the entire "goal" is a cover-up for selfish, personal interests - from Ghetsis on down. How many members of Team Plasma do you beat and they say afterward how they are only backing Team Plasma for power or selfish interests? The Team Plasma "purpose" is simply a ruse but an effective one that leaves even some of the "regular joe" npc's in the game confused and questioning.

Sorry if it's too long. =D Keep fighting the good fight!

Last edited:

Pidgeotto

Fly Spammer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Their goals (well the fake one, not Ghetsis'), never had much merit. It has been shown time and time again that unless a Pokemon is being abused, they generally love being with their trainers.

Sure there's an argument against confining them to Pokeballs, but that's about it.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't agree with Team Plasma's logic because one of the grunts explicitly states that they're stealing Pokemon to separate them from humans. Another point from TP that I don't get is from a Grunt in the Cold Storage, saying that the Pokemon look like they're having fun, but they're really suffering.

Back