• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Rocket speculation

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Oh yeah, defiantly. I'd really like them to make some additions to the ones I named. I'd just like them to stick with the concept of those type of pokemon, they have always been known as Team Rocket type. Adding new ones, I hope they add stronger ones so they are tougher. The more of a challenge they are, the more fun it will be foiling their plans.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I just find it hilarious that the new Rocket Grunts have pink hair and their symbol is orange, when it should be red.
    Team Rocket speculation

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
  • I mean i never really understood the point behind aqua and magma...and galactic?? I don't know call me dumb but thats wayyyy over my head lol. Team Rocket was simple and it was the classic villan hero story. It made the story line soooo much better!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    You're right, Team Rocket seems to the average joes of evil in the world of Pokemon

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Team Rocket was the basic picture of classic when compared to the Hoenn teams and Sinnoh teams. They only strived to do crime, but for reward obtain money. It's what made them different from current criminals in the games now who only achieve to capture the version legendaries and rule the world. At least Team Rocket was different and still are.

As for their new appearance, well... I like it, but their 'R' really should have been red, and their hair color could have been something better suited. Though, there was a sprite that had green hair in the Slowpoke Well, so we'll see about that later. As for now, it seems the new Sugimori art gives them a basic Pokéball in hand, but a Great Ball in stock. I think it is pretty well done, and their faces show their mean. Though, as long as Team Rocket becomes stronger and plays through the same basic plot from the originals, then I'd think it'll top off the entire game [plot wise].

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I mean i never really understood the point behind aqua and magma...and galactic?? I don't know call me dumb but thats wayyyy over my head lol. Team Rocket was simple and it was the classic villan hero story. It made the story line soooo much better!

Yes, but the story line becomes stale after a while. Implementation of unique villains keeps the fan base guessing. If you can predict the outcome, it takes the fun away for the most part.

Personally I wish they would switch up Rocket-dan's involvement in Johto. Most of us have played the original Gold and Silver. I feel either rooting our villains further into Johto or switching up the story line would add more to the enjoyment.

I still believe the original plot devices with Rocket-dan should be preserved to stay contingent with an actual remake such as FRLG but I also feel they should test new avenues with Rocket-dan in Johto. It's been almost ten years since the Metal Generation.

I hope Nintendo will be able to strengthen the already great story line with adding additional surprising elements for Rocket-dan.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Team Rocket will always be the best and #1 villian in Pokemon, but what would it be without competitors. Aqua, Magma and Galactic were all competing with Team Rocket to be the top corporation. Without that, it would just be too easy for Team Rocket to take over. I think it adds an interesting twist. Glad to be going back to a DS game and it has Team Rocket in it! I can't wait to fight them in the radio tower.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I would love to see TR return to these games. They are the best of the rivals in all of the games.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would love to see TR return to these games. They are the best of the rivals in all of the games.

You are in luck, because Team Rocket is back as the scans and images show. Not to mention, it seems as though they are sticking to their original plots. The only question if they will be altered in any way such as levels, team rosters, and so fourth. Though, they have gotten an updated look and the DPPt graphics imporve them very well. I'm glad they've kept things pretty basic for them however, as it adds back the nostalgia from the originals. Not to forget, it'll be great to face them once more after 10 years from GSC in Johto.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    I hope the Executives do NOT HAVE NAMES.
    "Rocket Executive wants to fight!" or "Rocket Executive Eddie would like to engage in Pokémon competition." Which sounds better?
    (I mean, the stupid grammar in the new gen games annoys me. Give me "Enemy Rattata" and my exclamation points after every sentence.)

Brings back memories... and the best sprite ever, the serious walking dude. Too bad I CRUSH THEM. HAHAHA, DIE TR.

The Team Rocket fortress (lvl36 golbat) is my favorite NPC ever.

Last edited:

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    Neo Team Rocket

i hope they do something like in pokemon liquid crystal,where silver becomes the new leader of team rocket then you gotta like stop him and neo team rocket in kanto lol

reNJKrane

CherryGrove Trainer
    Years
  • Talk about Team Rocket in HG/SS. What do you think they'll do? The same exact thing w/ some new things added? What? Do you think they'll have different Pokemon? Will Giovanni be seen? Will they admit that ??? is Giovanni's son? Will they say why he has a hatred for Team Rocket? Discuss Team Rocket here.

Like the Radio Tower of Johto, their next target is the Radio Tower of Lavender Town, maybe that and/or additional person, a professor that works for Team Rockets plan, just like Charon in Platinum. I think there something like that..

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I just hope that they will have at least something to do with some of the legendary pokemon. I mean I liked the whole slowpoke tail, lake of rage, and radio tower things but I just want there to be a more in depth plot to make the game and Team Rocket even better.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Yeah, like this:

Team Rocket finds out that you have the Rainbow Wing (refers to HG), so they steal it from you, then go to the Tin Tower. You chase them there, only to find out you're too late and Giovanni (who has come back after hearing of Team Rocket's greatest achievement) is summoning Ho-oh. He injures Ho-oh but before he can catch her, Jirachi shows up and uses Doom Desire. The attack destroys the Tin Tower, and Giovanni flees. Jirachi heals Ho-oh's wounds, then leaves. Ho-oh, still disoriented from the Tower's collapse, attacks you, thinking you're Giovanni.

Lol, I love having Pokémon fantasies.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Hahah that would be cool. You're really good at coming up with these "Pokémon Fantasies" :D

soramararu

Warrior of the Sky
    Years
  • Lets hope it is like fire red and leaf green. After you beat giovanni, team rocket is believed to have disbanded but when you get to five island, you discover team rockets hide out. Lets hope that since Kanto might be in the games, that the sevii islands will be there to? You know, add something to Kanto, not just the Kanto region, thet safari zone's owner being away, the Clefairy and mount moon. Add some new stuff that hasn't been on a ds pokemon game. (D/P/Pt)

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    ooo and they add those 2sevii islands they left out number 8and9 lol and those 2islands house team rocket and sum awesome cave full with sum new plot in it XD
    and the whole tin tower story the guy a few messages up is added except the tower isnt destroyed- i would hate to see such a beautiful peoce od architecture destroyed T_T
    also slver gets some more battles and sum plot stuff lol
    i really want him to take over team rocket dat would be intersting XD

Years
  • As I've stated before I think the Sevill islands will be be the location for the Groundon/Kyogre Subplot(most of you have probably forgotten about thatXD), and having another TR base at five island would be plot recycling. What I think would be nice is if there could be a little more buildup to the Radio Broadcast scheme. My idea is that there could be a subplot where they test their insta-evolution signal at Cianwood since the place is dying to be more interesting anyway.

Of coures for this to work there would have to be some changes. The person mentiong the Gyarados swarm at Lake Rage in the beggining of the game would be removed. Also they need to force you to go east at Etucreek and increase the Rocket's levels. In the orignal games there were no barriers preventing you from going to Mahogany town first, and that actually made more sense since the Rockets were on par level wise with you if you went there first.

Back