• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Shadow

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
  • hmm.... I'm pretty sure it'll have something to do with darkrai or giratina, since that is what I want on the banner... If it's darkrai I'mm probably somehow also tie in cresselia into the story. I haven't put a whole lot of thought into the plot yet. I just tested the script and when I talked to the guy nothing happened. seriously, he might as well have been in a coma.

You can go ahead and write up a givepokemon script with no pokemon specified if you want, I'll need a few of those throughout the game. just put number signs where the data for the pokemon needs to go. I'll put in the pokemon data. oh and then there's obviously the offset, I'll take care of that as well.

Last edited:
    Years
  • well thats comforting to know so is it gonna take place in kanto,sinnoh or some new region.
    yea try this
    [spolier/]
    #dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @talk1
    = use text adjuster in tool much easier.

copy an paste fix it up then try it an till me if it works

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • some new region, I'm gonna call it Zephyr, I know that much. Darkrai/ Giratina will be on top of Mt. Zephyr.

One more question on scripting, how do you select the rom to compile the script into?

Years
  • click on the first button next to the drop down bar an it should say open when you hover over it ,a box should open find rom an press open

#dynamic 0x

#org @start
    checkflag 0x828 (used to activate pokemon in menu)
    lock
    faceplayer
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @talk1 0x6
    givepokemon 0x? 0x? 0x? 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x828
    release
    end

#org @done
    msgbox @talk2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @talk1
    =???????????

#org @talk2
    =???????

srry took so long i was doing something an computer kinda slow

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • it says, no #org/ #seek directives were found. cannot compile.

what do I do

sweet!! it works!! almost forgot to put the # in front of dynamic. So, now I can do some basic scripts. alright!
    This is exactly one of the reasons why I made this team, to expand my knowledge!! It's working so far!

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • wow, that's pretty good, your in!

Thanks. Please don't use the maps I showed you, they are already in use.

I have a few questions on the hack:
    Are we using new tilesets?
    Are we using fakemon or Sinnoh pokemon?
    How many regions are there?
    Is Pokemon Nova a hack of Firered or of Ruby?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Thanks. But you didn't answer the questions:
    Are we using new tilesets?
    Are we using fakemon or Sinnoh pokemon?
    How many regions are there?
    Is Pokemon Nova a hack of Firered or of Ruby?

Years
  • it says, no #org/ #seek directives were found. cannot compile.

what do I do

sweet!! it works!! almost forgot to put the # in front of dynamic. So, now I can do some basic scripts. alright!
    This is exactly one of the reasons why I made this team, to expand my knowledge!! It's working so far!

oh it works great and i think i jus got the yes or no Questions down and the gendercheck(well not all of it) but yea i finally got back the drive cause by myself i was just fooling around with the scripting.

oh and HackDeoxys did he spell ur name wrong at the members section.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Yeah. But I was hoping you guys could get a few more mappers, as a whole game is a lot for one mapper. I can connect maps, but warping maps is my only weakness, that's one of the reasons I want another mapper.

Years
  • oh yea i know how u feel, its too much for just me i want a another scripter on the team too cause the whole setvar thing has got me messed up.and i think i a little about warping maps it has something to do with postion ,the bank and the map # i think

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • unless I can get someone to make new tilesets, no.
    Fakemon or Sinnoh Pokemon? - Maybe some of both, like the starters may be fakemon
    How many Regions? - probably just one, this is my first hack that I'm going all official with, so we'll just start with one.
    Nova is a hack of FR, but I may actually change the title to Nightmare (cuz of Darkrai being the main legendary.) plus there is already a team called Nova, changing the name of the hack will prevent confusion.

And I'm sorry for spelling your name wrong HackDeoxys, I'll go fix that.

Years
  • hey i c your looking at diedoisawesome's script tutorial thats a step in the rite direction
    cuz thats were i learned some of scripting from.
    u should try better advertising to get more people to join the team.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • should I make the text bigger or something in my sig?

Yeah. But I was hoping you guys could get a few more mappers, as a whole game is a lot for one mapper. I can connect maps, but warping maps is my only weakness, that's one of the reasons I want another mapper.

I know how to warp maps together, I've done that before.
    You're not alone, I'm a mapper by trade, or atleast that's what I'm best at.
    I would like to get 3 or 4 of everything that takes alot of work, like scripting and mapping, but things like title screen and intro editing, I wouldn't think that would take very long, so I may only need one of those

Last edited:
    Back