• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Team Snag'em Tools!

What tool should be updated/worked on and released next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023

You said it your self.
    You edited the regional.
    To change the number you must edit the national.
    That's not what he meant. He said he edited the regional dex. If he switched the Treecko line with Bulbasaur, shouldn't Bulbasaur now be in the regional dex?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    You said it your self.
    You edited the regional.
    To change the number you must edit the national.
    Oh, I see now... Sorry, now I know how to do it...

btw, is there any program that can expand the regional dex? I mean, instead of 202, make it have 251 slots, for example

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    That's not what he meant. He said he edited the regional dex. If he switched the Treecko line with Bulbasaur, shouldn't Bulbasaur now be in the regional dex?
    No THAT is not what he meant.

Oh, I see now... Sorry, now I know how to do it...

btw, is there any program that can expand the regional dex? I mean, instead of 202, make it have 251 slots, for example

That would require some ASM.

Someone lock this thread already -_-

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    Hello everyone!
    Team Snag'em would like to wish everyone a happy holiday season!

I am somewhat back for now so I will add some updates to the website and perhaps even update some of the tools.

The great part is that you can decide what I will be working on!

I shall be putting up a poll so you can vote!

Here you can read a little about each choice.

1 - Improve the Item Editor!

Team Snag'em Tools!

I want to make it so the when you change an attack on a TM/HM the text will be automatically repoited!
    Also I would improve it's appearence. The buttons and stuff don't look how they should.

2 - Improve the Pokédex Data Editor!

Team Snag'em Tools!

I would make it so you can edit the text!
    Also I may add a thing like yape so you can see what the weight or height you put will be in game.

3 - RSE Starter Editor!

Team Snag'em Tools!

A-starter will always be better! I only made this because it was something easy to do.
    If people want me to finish and release it then ok I will but I never intended for it to be released.

4 - GBA Pokémon Editor!

Team Snag'em Tools!

I started this for several reasons.

1. Many people can't get YAPE to run and Pokémon Editor Pro lacks a few things.
    Both are great tools but they have their flaws.

2. I thought it would be an easy tool at first but aparently it gets more complicated when you get to TMs and HMs. =)

3. YAPE recalculates a bunch of stuff thus making patches bigger.
    This will only edit what needs to be.

4. This one is starting to look cooler in my opinion.

5 - Other!

Got an idea? You were hoping for something else?
    Then pick this and post what it is that you would like to see.

Please vote!

Also remember that you can always submit hacks and stuff to Snag'em if you would like.

Take care, have fun, and stay safe! (Seriously carry protection guys! To many unwanted babies! =/)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Yay, welcome back Gamer2020 It would be awesome if your item editor could add more slots for tools and edit what the item dose in feild/battle.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    I agree with Naruto Actor. I'm trying to add all the non-redundant TMs from all the previous Pokemon games onto Emerald and that would be a great help.

I could just use Pokemon Editor Pro for editing moves, but if you can add the functionality to change movesets (with copy/paste) to your GBA Pokemon Editor, I'd appreciate it even more.

Last edited:

raupy

A Visual Basic programmer
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    Hi,

very good tools!

But I've got a question, how do you found the offsets?

Thanks for the answer!

cya,
    raupy

Craver

I'm From WAH!
    Years
    OWO! GBA pokemon editor Looks Great!

Of course, you are a genius gamer2020. I wait your tool anxious.

PD: Other tool could be... Pokemon Cry Editor (As Pokecry, but better)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    I agree with Naruto Actor. I'm trying to add all the non-redundant TMs from all the previous Pokemon games onto Emerald and that would be a great help.

Actually adding more TMs and HMs would require more then just adding more item slots =/

I could just use Pokemon Editor Pro for editing moves, but if you can add the functionality to change movesets (with copy/paste) to your GBA Pokemon Editor, I'd appreciate it even more.

There is no such thing as copy and paste unless I have the source code -_-

I plan on adding move editing eventually...

Hi,

very good tools!

But I've got a question, how do you found the offsets?

Thanks for the answer!

cya,
    raupy

Thank you. Finding offsets depends on what your looking for.

For example one can find the Pokedex data by searching the word "SEED"

OWO! GBA pokemon editor Looks Great!

Of course, you are a genius Gamer2020. I wait your tool anxious.

PD: Other tool could be... Pokemon Cry Editor (As Pokecry, but better)

I am not a genius. These tools are very simple to make.

I would have to know how the cries work in order for me to make something to edit them. Pokecry actually works great so just use that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I'm just wondering, but why does all of your screenshots displaying Pokemon sprites show slanted, slightly distorted sprites?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    I'm just wondering, but why does all of your screenshots displaying Pokemon sprites show slanted, slightly distorted sprites?
    The "distortion" is because the screens aren't "Life size".

The slantedness is just the module. Since it is just for viewing purposes it will not affect the program.

If you got a problem with it then make something better. -_-

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023

The "distortion" is because the screens aren't "Life size".

The slantedness is just the module. Since it is just for viewing purposes it will not affect the program.

If you got a problem with it then make something better. -_-
    I never said I had a problem with it. Look at my post, my exact words were, "I'm just wondering"

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    I never said I had a problem with it. Look at my post, my exact words were, "I'm just wondering"
    I said "if"

@Everyone - Anyway, I made a small change to the Pokedex Order Editor. Nothing major I just changed what the labels say. What I believed was only national also edits the regional in a way. I also don't know what EXACT purpose the second thing serves so I put it down as question mark. It deals with the Pokedex so no worries.

Keep voting! ^^

So far it appears that I shall be working on the Pokemon Editor!

Also if you pick other please make sure to post what you think I should work on. -_-

School days again...
    Years
    Can you make a tool for editing the cries of the Pokemon which reads .wav file? Because I like to insert DP cries and I have .wav file of it.

Craver

I'm From WAH!
    Years
    I am not a genius. These tools are very simple to make.

I would have to know how the cries work in order for me to make something to edit them. Pokecry actually works great so just use that.

Ok, you aren't a genius xD. Well, pokecry have a problem, when you insert a cry, that hears as if the pokemon were fainted.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    Can you make a tool for editing the cries of the Pokemon which reads .wav file? Because I like to insert DP cries and I have .wav file of it.

Ok, you aren't a genius xD. Well, pokecry have a problem, when you insert a cry, that hears as if the pokemon were fainted.

Pokecry works =/

You both probably just need to learn how to use it.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=199151

Read that tutorial.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5268357&postcount=3

Also read that post.

BR25

The guy who loses at everythin
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Wow i have been looking for a pokedex editor thanks its a usefull tool nice job to who ever made it

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    Wow i have been looking for a pokedex editor thanks its a usefull tool nice job to who ever made it
    Thank you.

@Everyone.
    I have been busy but here is what I have so far of the Pokémon Editor.

Team Snag'em Tools!

DOWNLOAD

Tell me what you think so far. Maybe I forgot something XD. I will add things like learn-able attacks, Evolutions, and such later on in the year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back