• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen accused of burning a kitten alive.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
  • Now i have thought about this and now have a new comment that might cause some people to hate me...

If she wanted to burn a cat alive then why didn't she... you know... use a wild cat? You know... the cat that will never be someones pet?

That aside...

Help control the pet population, have your pet spayed or neutered... or just burn them alive.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • If she wanted to burn a cat alive then why didn't she... you know... use a wild cat? You know... the cat that will never be someones pet?

That aside...

Help control the pet population, have your pet spayed or neutered... or just burn them alive.
    I don't want to start a flame fest, but what I bolded sounds extremely sick and I would recommend you reread through your post. Unless, of course, you really mean it, word for word, then you don't have to, and everyone will think you are a sick, horrible, human being.

Also, you don't get many wild cats. Unless, of course, you mean like cougars and lions, but that wouldn't go over well. Oh! Do you mean abandoned cats? Like, you want to end their lives too in a fiery demise?

I can cope with hunting, but burning any animal alive is a hideous act, and no. You can't just burn a "wild cat", because there's NO WAY YOU CAN JUSTIFY THE BURNING OF A LIVE ANIMAL, WHETHER IT IS A WILD ANIMAL OR TAME.

End of story.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I am not condoning anything. I am just stating that if she wanted to burn a cat alive she could have had the decency to use one that is wild, instead of someones pet.

And i am not referring to abandoned cats. I am referring to the cats who didn't have much interaction with humans and thus fear them.

I want some footage before I start pointing fingers.

And pot calling the kettle black? You just stated that you want to see footage of the cat being burned alive. Just seems weird to me but then again you might have ment that comment as a joke just like i ment the help control the pet population comment as a joke.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I am not condoning anything. I am just stating that if she wanted to burn a cat alive she could have had the decency to use one that is wild, instead of someones pet.

And i am not referring to abandoned cats. I am referring to the cats who didn't have much interaction with humans and thus fear them.

And pot calling the kettle black? You just stated that you want to see footage of the cat being burned alive. Just seems weird to me but then again you might have ment that comment as a joke just like i ment the help control the pet population comment as a joke.
    Roight, I'll tackle this one at a time.

My entire point was to say that read through your post before sending it, or at least have the courage to edit after someone kicks on the heat, because your first thought is never truly fully refined, and can come off oh so wrong. I said that to point out what others would possibly say, thus why I suggested you editing your previous post.

Point two - So you would burn any animal that wasn't tamed by humans? Why do animals who do not live with humans suddenly have a risk of being burned to death because, "Hey, they're not ours." It's like burning an orphan alive. "Hey, it's not my kid!" IT'S WRONG.

The third point - I would like to see some footage of this kid actually burning cats before I point fingers at her and say she really did so. It has nothing to do with me approving of the burning of cats, it's just that I think that a case should be built on a pillar of solid evidence before any accusations can be made. Thus the mention of "pointing fingers".

And by the way - you can't really joke about burning anything alive. What's funny about a horrible, painful death, in which your skin, your face, your eyes, are being burned away?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • First of all i beleive that people who change there opininons on a whim are cowdardly idiots. I stand by what i said, and if i am correct i remember saying i don't condone things like this.

Point two - So you would burn any animal that wasn't tamed by humans? Why do animals who do not live with humans suddenly have a risk of being burned to death because, "Hey, they're not ours." It's like burning an orphan alive. "Hey, it's not my kid!" IT'S WRONG.

First of all since when did all the animals in the word become involved in this? And second of all part of why what she did is wrong is because it was another persons pet... you know... that the person was emotonialy attached to? I agree that burning cats alive is wrong but i also know that some people feel the need to do things like this. I don't like it nor support it but i am not going to stop it because it is not my concern as to the activitys of other people.

Next of all if you beleive the life of a animal is worth the life of a human i suguest that you seek mental help. A animal is not worth the life of a human. I will say this out loud. I love my dog. I really do but if i had to choose between the life of my dog and a complete stranger i would choose the complete stranger, no matter what emotonial attachment i had to the dog.

Next up...
    The third point - I would like to see some footage of this kid actually burning cats before I point fingers at her and say she really did so. It has nothing to do with me approving of the burning of cats, it's just that I think that a case should be built on a pillar of solid evidence before any accusations can be made. Thus the mention of "pointing fingers".

Again with the mention of wanting to see some footage of the kid burning a cat alive. For a person who seems to like animals you seem adamant to see a video of the animal burning alive.

That being said i will now address the rest of that part.

As to needing to see the footage of the cat being burned as evidence that the person did it... Well some things don't need to be scene no matter what the occasion.

And lastly...

And by the way - you can't really joke about burning anything alive. What's funny about a horrible, painful death, in which your skin, your face, your eyes, are being burned away?

You know how many animals that get ran over on streets each day? My old dog got ran over, and it was barley alive. I know that i will be taking major flak about this comment when you reply but you know what i did after i got it off the road? I clubbed it to you know... put it out of its misery? The dog would have lived perhaps another ten minutes before dieing and the only thing left to do was ensure that it didn't have to feel pain after that.

That being said being burned alive might not be painful, because the heat would most likely destroy your pain nerves thus making you feel nothing.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Why! That guy if he were in front of me I'd knock him out stick him in the oven! Then I'd tell his friends(if he has any, i doubt it) it was just a practical joke.

Anyway. Anger vented. How anyone could do this is beyond me. I personally love cats(I have ten at my house[i live in the country]) Anyway yes he should burn in hell...after he burns in an oven.

EDIT:
    Just saw this person is a girl... oh well

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Bolded parts are my opinions.
    First of all i beleive that people who change there opininons on a whim are cowdardly idiots. I stand by what i said, and if i am correct i remember saying i don't condone things like this.

No. People who change their opinions usually receive new information that proves their theory wrong. This is how science is revolutionized, good SUR.

Changing your opinion due to new information is not only a scientific process, it is also a sign of true humility. Doing otherwise is arrogance to the new information.

First of all since when did all the animals in the word become involved in this? And second of all part of why what she did is wrong is because it was another persons pet... you know... that the person was emotonialy attached to? I agree that burning cats alive is wrong but i also know that some people feel the need to do things like this. I don't like it nor support it but i am not going to stop it because it is not my concern as to the activitys of other people.

A LIFE IS STILL A LIFE. People share far more relations with animals than we would like to assume. Then again, that's just society's pride thriving yet again.

Next of all if you beleive the life of a animal is worth the life of a human i suguest that you seek mental help. A animal is not worth the life of a human. I will say this out loud. I love my dog. I really do but if i had to choose between the life of my dog and a complete stranger i would choose the complete stranger, no matter what emotonial attachment i had to the dog.

A LIFE IS STILL A LIFE. Just because that animal is "owned" does NOT mean that it is any better than an animal that is wild just because it's possessed by someone. Do you think it's normal for someone to go around torturing wild animals? If yes, I recommend YOU seek mental help.

Next up...

Again with the mention of wanting to see some footage of the kid burning a cat alive. For a person who seems to like animals you seem adamant to see a video of the animal burning alive.

BECAUSE I AM NOT WILLING TO FALSELY ACCUSE SOMEONE OF SOMETHING. I believe in something called "evidence". A cat with her prints would do fine as well. As said before (but you like to ignore important parts of information apparently):
    It has nothing to do with me approving of the burning of cats, it's just that I think that a case should be built on a pillar of solid evidence before any accusations can be made.

That being said i will now address the rest of that part.

As to needing to see the footage of the cat being burned as evidence that the person did it... Well some things don't need to be scene no matter what the occasion.

And lastly...

You know how many animals that get ran over on streets each day? My old dog got ran over, and it was barley alive. I know that i will be taking major flak about this comment when you reply but you know what i did after i got it off the road? I clubbed it to you know... put it out of its misery? The dog would have lived perhaps another ten minutes before dieing and the only thing left to do was ensure that it didn't have to feel pain after that.

Running over a dog is different, Skippy. Wanna know why? YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY BURN A CAT.

A mercy killing is different as well, Skippy. Wanna know why? YOU ACTUALLY CARE FOR THE ANIMAL'S WELL BEING.

That being said being burned alive might not be painful, because the heat would most likely destroy your pain nerves thus making you feel nothing.

Whether or not it's painful, it's still WRONG.

My final statement - when the scientist decided to merge the human with an animal, and succeeds in producing a living, breathing, being, is that being human? Should the animal parent have the same rights in raising the being as the human parent?

Think about that before saying there's a definite red line between animals and humans.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Lets start now.

Bold 1.

So can you tell me how you managed to bring scientific revolution into this topic? For some strange reason that seems that that comment has nothing to do with this topic.

Bold 2

I will adress the first few words you said in a later comment. Next why should i care about another persons pet? I hold no feelings for your pet, nor your parents pets, nor my neighbors pets.

Bold 3

Are you by any chance in P.E.T.A? Because that statement (Saying that the life of a animal, no matter how insignfigent the animal is, is worth just as much as a humans life) is a lot like the crap the P.E.T.A throws around.

Next is the diffrences between pet dogs/cats and wild dogs/cats. All i will say that is i had a pet was my favorite pet of all time, never scratched me or bit me at all. Now to a wild cat. I was attacked by a wild cat when i was a kid, i was scratched and bit all the hell. Had to get numerous stiches and the like. Know what happened to the cat? My dad pulled it off of me and killed it because the WILD animal had became a danger to the wellbeing of people.

This being said the diffrence is that a pet is less likly to attack/injure a person compared to a wild cat/dog.

Now i am not going to get into the other points mainly because i have no desire to.

Now i have a question for you. Lets assume that you have a child, and a pet that you love dearly. both are in peril danger (Meaning they will die) and you only have time to save one. Which would you save? Your child? Your pet? Of would you allow both to die because you beleive a animals life to be worth the same as a human's life?

Edit - For some strange reason i missed your final statement.

All i have to say is that this is not possiable and thus is not a valid question at this time. But all i have to say is that most likely if this happens the thing (As there is no name for it it shall be referred to as thing) will most likely become a test subject for further experimentation by the government. but all i can say is that why are you asking about combining a human with a animal? Catgirls much?

deathrider24

¡unɟ sı uʍop ǝpısdn
    Years
  • Im still pissed about the old guy who got a year for raping a child. But yet these bleeding hearts just keep giving people a year or two for doing things like child molestation, rape, murder, etc. T_T

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • Really I think mainly why people are getting so upset over this and I usually do see this alot when I come to read topics like this.

Usually when the topic is about abuse/murder/torture that could get people especially worked up because someone is hurting another person or killed another person. If it was aimed at a teenager or an adult thats another angry, how could someone hurt another person? But when an animal or a child/baby is the victum of such cruel methods then thats when you really see anger in the community.

I mainly think its because children and animals don't really have a voice. They are victums to whatever other people do to them. Animals and babies can't tell you 'Hey I'm being abused' they really can't so you see a lot of reaction from showing this to people. When topics like this come up about animals it really poses 'Oh, so you'd choose an animal over a human?'

That realyl isn't the point in all this, people are going to get angry at this girl who threw a kitten into an oven and burned it alive. And for those people who say 'its jsut a cat' a life is still a life. No animal/human deserves to be killed in such a matter. I love my animals, heck I had a pet aliigator once..but thats beside the point >_>. No matter how you put it this kitten was a living breathing creature and this wasn't a pity killing. The girl took it as a practical joke. Whether or not she needs help should probably be taken into consideration. But some manner of punishment should be neccesary the first signs of a seriel killer or a murderer is abuse/torture of animals if we let this go the next thing she would be on for is the murder of a human.

Should she get some type of punishment? Yes, she should. She needs to know that if you do something to this degree your GOING to get punished no matter how you look at it. Am I saying she needs life or the death penalty? No, but unfortunetly she does need some type of punishment for this crime. She obviously has acess to guns and has committed armed robbery before. If 'Cherry' doesn't get punished and some type of help NOW where would she be in the next ten years? More then likely she will be in prison for murder or armed robbery (which she has already committed)

And then she will have taken a human life. Some people don't stop with animals, signs of a developing seriel killed is murder/torture/abuse of animals. If she thinks she can get away with this is she going to think she can get away with killing an innocent human being? More than likely. This girl needs help and she needs to learn that not everything you can get away with is a slap on the hand. I'm saying she needs psychlogical help and at most 1 year in prison. She may be Seventeen but no matter how you look at it she tortured and innocent creature to death human or animal no creature deserves that.

Are you by any chance in P.E.T.A? Because that statement (Saying that the life of a animal, no matter how insignfigent the animal is, is worth just as much as a humans life) is a lot like the crap the P.E.T.A throws around.

Honestly..get over yourself please. Sometiems I think animals are actually worth more then a humans life because soem humans are scum. (but thats my own personal opion). And that stuff is not crap. It is trye. A life is a life. Humans and animals are living breathing things capable of doing something... I maybe a bit of a hypocrite because I do kill ants and flies but honestly no animal/human deserves to be torture to death. So please don't do the 'PETA' thing. Kay thanls. >_>

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • A human is a human. A animal is a animal. I am human therefor beleive humans to be worth more then animals.

Here is how it is. A animal is not capable of crtical thought. Humans are. Humans are more advanced then animals and thus are worth more.

And i am drawing the peta comment (Including the crap part) from there numerous amounts of bad ideas. (I shall highlight one. Got beer? Look into that campaign as it is a prime example of peta showing they beleive that animals are worth more then humans.)

Now if you will excuse me, i have to go take care of a number of wild animals on my property.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • A human is a human. A animal is a animal.

no sir humans are animals that like to think of themselves as 'humans'.

well mr. x we are only superior to animals because we believe ourselves to be. we can make up tests and criteria (that to us) determine what makes a lifeform sentient or more worthy of life than another animal but at the end of the day these are all human concepts we are imposing on animals. the way i see is that we did not create these animals and therefore have no claim to whether or not they deserve to be here more than us. we are all animals, some of us are even more of animals than actual animals. we just like to give ourselves value above other species because by our own made up definition we are more intelligent than them (and of course we would be because we made up the definition of intelligence in the first place :P). its human arrogance at its best.

no one is asking you to care about another person's pet but would it be too much to ask people to show respect to another living being, at least enough not to think it's okay to torture it to death?

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • If you had read through all of my posts on this topic you would see that i have said numerous times that i don't condone things like this happening.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • pardon my french, but...

What the HELL? (I decided "The F Word" was to much for this place. Be thankful for that.)

Yeah REAL practical joker... MORE LIKE PRACTICAL INSANIAC!
    That's just sick. Somebody needs to knock some sence into that chick... HEDGEHOG STYLE! *runs of AoSTH style*
    Nu really.

...Perhaps I will go around doing good. Help animals and stuff. AND CHASE THIS BIOTCH.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    That was just...cruel. I'll be signing the petition, that's for sure :/

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Pff. There are far worse criminals than this young girl, who just so happens to be a prankster. It's a waste of space, time and resources to try to punish her with jail time. What she needs is a taste of her own medicine, and she'll likely cut it out. Girls will be girls, and sometimes girls like that tend to take things a couple of steps too far when things don't go their way.

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • Pff. There are far worse criminals than this young girl, who just so happens to be a prankster. It's a waste of space, time and resources to try to punish her with jail time. What she needs is a taste of her own medicine, and she'll likely cut it out. Girls will be girls, and sometimes girls like that tend to take things a couple of steps too far when things don't go their way.
    Posts like this are a waste of time. You treat it like she sprayed graffiti on a wall instead of killing a small living animal. Grow some hair on your chest and stop trying to protect her because she's a girl.

Anyways, as I would say, I'd sign the petition, but I really dont want to give out personal information. Although it is tempting because kittens are cute, and there was NO right of her to stick the poor thing into an oven.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Roasted Cat Al A Burnt?

Anyway EpsilonE... its not a good idea to insult established members like pachy.

Anyway i need to go and a take a wild kitten down the road. I'll let someone else take care of the nuisence.

Back