• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen Pregnancy

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Actually, YoMama, Dawson is kind of right. Many of your posts have been short one-liners barely contributing to the topic at hand. So if you could please try to expand more on your posts, you know, by maybe backing up what you say with evidence and whatnot, that would help make your posts not appear as spammy as they may seem now. :x

And now if you both could please get back to the topic at hand, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    YoMama said:
    Lol. Mini-modding again are we? "Contribute to the topic at hand". You're just as annoying, believe me.

Anyway, teens in this generation usually can't handle the responsibility of a children with the added pressure of school and the future college they might go to.
    Actually, you seem to be disliked by quite a lot of people aaround PC. So I don't think I'm quite as annoying as you are. And it's not mini-modding, it's pointing out when an idiot is being an idiot.

Thank you, Ashley, I'll get back to the topic.

YoMama, how old are you? How many teenagers do you know? How many of those teenagers are sexually active? And how many teenage parents do you know?

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Dawson said:
    Actually, you seem to be disliked by quite a lot of people aaround PC. So I don't think I'm quite as annoying as you are. And it's not mini-modding, it's pointing out when an idiot is being an idiot.

Thank you, Ashley, I'll get back to the topic.

YoMama, how old are you? How many teenagers do you know? How many of those teenagers are sexually active? And how many teenage parents do you know?

Is that information for you to know? I don't think so. :P

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    YoMama said:
    Is that information for you to know? I don't think so. :P
    Man, I wish they could ban stupid people from posting.

Well, if you can't answer, I'll just assume you don't know any. And if you don't know any then you're clearly just making things up. And if you're making things up then your points aren't valid, making your posts stupid, pointless and annoying.

The reason I asked was to see if you did have any knowledge and experience of this topic so we could continue this "debate". Which you clearly don't. So just stop making yourself look worse by not posting when you have no clue what you're talking about.

Lord Mike

Years
    You say I'm assuming things? Sure.

Your pointless posts are saying nothing but how pointless other people are. Very mature of you. :\

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    God, you are stupid.

You didn't give an answer to the questions I asked you which were relevant to the topic. If you couldn't answer the questions why should I, or anybody else, believe you?

All but these last couple of posts have been me giving my opinion and debating people's opinions using my experience of being a teenager, knowing teenagers, and knowing teenage parents. Therefore, my opinions are credible. Your "facts" aren't.

So, yes, very mature of me.

Lord Mike

Years
    Dawson said:
    God, you are stupid.

You didn't give an answer to the questions I asked you which were relevant to the topic. If you couldn't answer the questions why should I, or anybody else, believe you?

All but these last couple of posts have been me giving my opinion and debating people's opinions using my experience of being a teenager, knowing teenagers, and knowing teenage parents. Therefore, my opinions are credible. Your "facts" aren't.

So, yes, very mature of me.

You obviously like nagging, don't you? You don't know me in real life, so you can't say I don't know teenage parents. You assume things a lot more than I do. :P :P :P

Last edited:

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    YoMama said:
    You obviously like nagging, don't you? You don't know me in real life, so you can say i don't know teenage parents. You assume things a lot more than I do. :P :P :P
    The objective, sir, is to contribute to the topic, which you seem to be avoiding right now. If you can't think of something productive to say, especially to someone that has been among the staff before and is living with a former admin, don't say anything here; otherwise, please enlighten us.

Now for my bit in the topic. Yes, I happen to know two people that have gone to my school and are pregnant. One has actually taken maternity leave (and there was a baby shower held for her recently), and one appears at school regularly.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    My classmate's sister has friends that lost their virginity in 8th grade.

It's really, really sad. How stupid can people get?

Years
    Dawson said:
    Well, that's a kind of old fashioned view on things. With teenagers today, the girls are just as horny as the guys. Believe me, I know. And casual sex is just as common for both genders. And guys wouldn't pretend they're "in love" with a girl just to get the girl to have sex with them. For one, no girl would be gullible enough to believe them, and it would take months and months to convince a girl that you do "love" them. A guy just wanting sex wouldn't go through that much effort.
    Well, I am an old fashioned kinda guy lol. Yes, I am now aware that some gals are ..."Horney as hell" pitty for me, I am traped in the 50's a time when I never was in existance and do not know how to react to that. Also, I wouldn't say NO gal is that guilable, I assure you, there would be someone on the planet that nieve. I guess I should try to face the facts and the stereotype of how a gal acts is no longer true. I know I added nothing to the conversation, but I thought I needed to put a rebuttle to that, and I have nothing mo0re to say on the subject, good-day people.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Dawsy - That's not always true, y'know. xP Girls do get used by men, and vice versa~

I think it's sad when teenagers get pregnant - usually, they're not ready for the emotional, physical, and social problems. =/ I also think it's sad that they'd rush into sex without considering it carefully. I don't believe in pre-marital sex, but... ehh, I'm not everyone. o_O A lot of them usually end up regretting who they lost their virginity to, or when, anyway.

Dawson & YoMama - please, stop fighting. It's offtopic, and it's not allowed. Take your fight off PC, if you must continue it. Certainly don't keep it in this thread, or I will warn you both, if you guys haven't been warned already. ^^; Sorry, but... this thread is meant to discuss teen pregnancy. Argue the post, not against the poster. =)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Hiyori-chan said:
    Dawsy - That's not always true, y'know. xP Girls do get used by men, and vice versa~
    I'm not entirely sure what point you were commenting on from me there, but I've never said that things like that never happen. They're just not so common amongst teenagers.

Hiyori-chan said:
    I think it's sad when teenagers get pregnant - usually, they're not ready for the emotional, physical, and social problems. =/ I also think it's sad that they'd rush into sex without considering it carefully. I don't believe in pre-marital sex, but... ehh, I'm not everyone. o_O A lot of them usually end up regretting who they lost their virginity to, or when, anyway.
    True, some teenagers aren't ready for the challenge of raising a baby. However, for some people it becomes the making of them I know two teenage girls who've gotten pregnant and completely changed their actions and matured a hell of a lot in a short period of time. One pregnancy was planned, the other wasn't. But they were both quite "wild" and immature girls, I wouldn't have put them down as mother figures. But since they got pregnant and had a baby, they calmed down, matured greatly and took complete responsibility for the baby. Their lives now revolve around their babies and they've never looked happy or more comfortable.

Hiyori-chan said:
    Dawson & YoMama - please, stop fighting. It's offtopic, and it's not allowed. Take your fight off PC, if you must continue it. Certainly don't keep it in this thread, or I will warn you both, if you guys haven't been warned already. ^^; Sorry, but... this thread is meant to discuss teen pregnancy. Argue the post, not against the poster. =)
    The reason I started getting pissy about things was because I wanted to discuss teen pregnancy and debate other peoples' posts. The problem occured when a certain member decided to continually post pointless messages which had no relevance to the topic in hand and had absolutely no place in a debating thread. Read through the rest of my posts in this thread, I have argued posts and nothing more.

I apologise if I've broken rules, and ultimately have to be warned officially, but I stand by my actions and all of my comments because they're all true.

Lord Mike

Years
    Dawson said:
    I'm not entirely sure what point you were commenting on from me there, but I've never said that things like that never happen. They're just not so common amongst teenagers.

True, some teenagers aren't ready for the challenge of raising a baby. However, for some people it becomes the making of them I know two teenage girls who've gotten pregnant and completely changed their actions and matured a hell of a lot in a short period of time. One pregnancy was planned, the other wasn't. But they were both quite "wild" and immature girls, I wouldn't have put them down as mother figures. But since they got pregnant and had a baby, they calmed down, matured greatly and took complete responsibility for the baby. Their lives now revolve around their babies and they've never looked happy or more comfortable.

The reason I started getting pissy about things was because I wanted to discuss teen pregnancy and debate other peoples' posts. The problem occured when a certain member decided to continually post pointless messages which had no relevance to the topic in hand and had absolutely no place in a debating thread. Read through the rest of my posts in this thread, I have argued posts and nothing more.

I apologise if I've broken rules, and ultimately have to be warned officially, but I stand by my actions and all of my comments because they're all true.

Lol. I have knowledge in the field of Teen Pregnancy, and if you don't believe it, you don't have to. :P

I also apologise if I have caused any trouble in this topic, because I didn't wish to.

Teen Pregnancies aren't something you hear about in our neighborhood everyday, but I bet they're a lot more common at high school. I know about a few people.

Lord Mike

Years
    Allstories said:
    Yeah, you're not even fourteen yet. Some expert you are.

Your posts are kind of pointless. You're 99, so how do you know about today's high schools?

Anyway, to contribute to the topic, I actually read some statistics, and most then likely, they're not all wrong.

Click here if you want real information.

Years
    Anyone can get "statistics" that they want. People from soft drink companies manipulate tests so that they get the test results they were looking for.

What is wrong with you, YoMama? I didn't wanna post in this thread, but are you crazy? Those posts you made hardly contribute to the thread, let alone anyone who read it. Who cares if you "have yet to find true love"?

I don't not encourage teen pregnancy, but it happens.

People(including me) tend to think only about present happiness, I suppose some might consider the consequences. You reap what you sew.

At this school, I know this girl whose step-father made her pregnant.

It's sad, really. She was forced and now everyone avoids her like plague because of a decision someone else made...

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    YoMama said:
    Your posts are kind of pointless. You're 99, so how do you know about today's high schools?

Anyway, to contribute to the topic, I actually read some statistics, and most then likely, they're not all wrong.

Click here if you want real information.
    Erm, I don't think he's actually 99, genius. And, seriously, who are you to criticize someone else's posts as "pointless"?

Since you actually read those statistics, what did you actually learn from them?

I doubt you did, instead just googled "teenage sex survey" and posted the first site you saw. Because I noticed that the information was incredibly outdated. It was, in fact, last updated almost 7 years ago. It's hardly an accurate source of modern information, is it?

Years
    Dawson said:
    Erm, I don't think he's actually 99, genius. And, seriously, who are you to criticize someone else's posts as "pointless"?

Since you actually read those statistics, what did you actually learn from them?

I doubt you did, instead just googled "teenage sex survey" and posted the first site you saw. Because I noticed that the information was incredibly outdated. It was, in fact, last updated almost 7 years ago. It's hardly an accurate source of modern information, is it?
    Nice spot, props to that, can't believe it...

Lord Mike

Years
    Dawson said:

I just wanted to provide facts, regardless of the date. You assumed that I knew nothing of this issue and kept accusing me that I was inexperienced with teen pregnancy. I kind of wanted this little arguement to stop. Can we finally arrive at a truse?

I learn much from the experience with teen pregnancies, and most of the people I know that get pregnant aren't responsible people at all. They drink, smoke, and use drugs I don't even want to meantion. They break the news to their parents considering that they can't handle a baby at that age and want the punishment to end as soon as they can. I actually random survey some people about this situation in my neighborhood.

60% of the pregnant teens have drink, smoke, or use drugs before.
    70% of the pregnant teens have had sexual relationships before.
    95% of the pregnant teens cannot handle the responsibility of a child.
    100% of the pregnant teens wish they had never got into this situation.

A few examples for you to prove to you Dawson that I'm experienced with teen pregnancy.

Back