• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teenagers Today?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    What do you think of Teenagers today? Most of us get very bad press because of what other's do, such as Teen pregnancy, and staying out all night drinking, standing on streets harassing elderly people as they go by, then when all that happens, Teenagers that want to make something with their lives, get treated the same, like criminals, so what's your view?

• Do you think Teenagers that choose to live different lives should be treated the same?
    • What's your view on Teen pregnancy and how can the LAW make a difference.
    • Should 16 Year olds and under be aloud on the streets after a certain time?
    • What about the younger teens, (14 and under) and how there treated by something that fellow teens do.
    This is a discussion, so you can discuss more than these questions.

From personal experience I can tell you that the last one is horrible, :/ When in classes when people get given a detention our teacher will say "What have you got planned for tonight? Going out and smashing people's property" It's barely even Ok for parents to say it but when a teacher joins in... that's just out of line, which is why the "Chav's" of the world need to be dealt with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Do you think Teenagers that choose to live different lives should be treated the same?
    Well, no one should have to be treated different for the life they choose to lead.

What's your view on Teen pregnancy and how can the LAW make a difference.
    I heavily dislike it, but the law can't do anything about it. If you make the choice to have sex and you get pregnant, then hey, that's your problem. The law can't prevent you from being pregnant though. The law isn't a condom.

Should 16 Year olds and under be aloud on the streets after a certain time?
    Probably. God, the things I did at that age. Leash these people. (jk I didn't do anything)

What about the younger teens, (14 and under) and how there treated by something that fellow teens do.
    I hate that age. 11-16 is just the bunghole of the teen years (and hey, it's the majority!). Doesn't necessarily mean they're gunna go around robbing houses and being weenies to everyone, but I do associate those ages with the nasty years of dating. Saying "I love you" too soon, underage/premarital sex, teenage pregnancy...I sound like a prick for disliking these ages because of these things, but it's too common within them, and I just choose to stay away from people that age. Doesn't mean they're all bad though; I've talked to some decent people in that age group, most of which are 18 in spirit I think, if not older.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Do you think Teenagers that choose to live different lives should be treated the same?

What does this even mean? You have goths, hipsters etc. all trying to make a stand by being non-conformist. Some teenagers take out their rage by going on a path of self-destruction and spinning outta control. That doesn't mean you shun them or laugh at them, it just means you should help them set a limit before they do anything stupid.

The law makes no difference whatsoever. My social life's been pretty crazy over the last few months and the last thing anyone thinks is 'oh no, might get arrested for underage sex.' Sex is stupid - getting pregnant while you're a teenage is horrible. I'm not going to say 'don't have sex,' because we're biologically programmed to do so. Just don't do anything stupid while having sex.

That's ridiculous. Yeah, every sixteen year old who stays out past ten o' clock is doing drugs! You try and implement laws like that, there'll be mass rebellion - you'll get more trouble then less unless you tried ruling with an iron fist. Not that that would ever happen. There's more teenagers who do nothing and play nice than there are teenagers who go around starting fights and vandalising other people's property.

What about the younger teens, (14 and under) and how there treated by something that fellow teens do.

What can you do? Adults who see shady teenagers wearing hoodies assume they're druggies or they're carrying knives. That ain't right but there's nothing you can do to stop it. It's the bad egg mentality (I don't know if anyone's ever coined that phrase before, if not, I'm taking it). A student teacher walks into a room filled with twenty angels and one messer. If that messer acts up, the teacher's gonna walk out with a negative review of the class no matter how well the other twenty behaved. 'Boy racers kill four going too fast.' 'Drunk teen stabs another outside a nightclub.' With that at the front of our headlines, no one's going to pay attention to the kid who got all As in his exams or whatever more relevant example you can think of.

Years
    • [/COLOR] and how can the LAW make a difference? well it depends on who gets pregnant, i mean one of my friends has a kid (same age as me btw) and she's handling it just fine. shes got a job and is currently working her way though college. so she's doing quite well for being in a difficult sitiaution :)
    • Should 16 Year olds and under be aloud on the streets after a certain time? I think its the parents responcibility to get them in at a certain time. but after like 12 AM they should be home cos its just silly being out at that time when you probably have school the next day ¬.¬*
    • What about the younger teens, (14 and under) and how there treated by something that fellow teens do? well in my opinion they should be punished harsher so it shows them not to do it again :)
    *wow, while typing that i suddenly felt like a 17 year old and not 16 XD
    [/COLOR]

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015

I'm probably as confused about this question as the previous poster..
    Except the labels of course..but then again, you have people who label themselves..
    I'll just let this be.

If it's an accident, and you can't cope with it, you're a blundering idiot who needs to meet Jeremy Kyle. Scum
    And the law can't really do anything about it..
    What about the people who actually want a child around that age, and have the means for support?

Yes, they should be ; not everyone's out to rob you out of your knickers at night, smash windows and go insane.

The community you'd be living in has to be really sad to do so..
    Idg how you can compare people within an age group, in those particular regards..

Chavs are so fitting.
    Track suit bottoms, and hoodies galore.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Pushing this back to Other Chat. Even though it does have selective questions like a poll, the topic itself can be expanded to a debating discussion. So, for those who do start posting here, you can discuss more than just the given questions seeing as they are debatable.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• Do you think Teenagers that choose to live different lives should be treated the same?: No, I don't think so.
    • What's your view on Teen pregnancy and how can the LAW make a difference: Teens are just too young to handle responsibilities such as taking full ownership of a child.
    • Should 16 Year olds and under be aloud on the streets after a certain time?: It depends on what business they have to take care of, as long as they're careful.
    • What about the younger teens, (14 and under) and how there treated by something that fellow teens do?: They need some sort of reinforcement so that they may or may not repeat certain actions.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    What's your view on Teen pregnancy and how can the LAW make a difference?
    Teen pregnancy is just... bad imo. You have kids barely in high school getting pregnant and end up dropping out. How are you going to have a kid and be able to support them when you haven't even completed high school? I know I'm just generalizing right now, but most of these people can't even take care of themselves yet.

Do you think Teenagers that choose to live different lives should be treated the same
    ?
    I'm not really sure about this one..

If they're responsible, then yes. Otherwise, no. We don't need underage kids going around at 11 at night doing who knows what..

What about the younger teens, (14 and under) and how there treated by something that fellow teens do?
    Everyone's a follower. End of story.

In all honestly, I think teenagers today are just testosterone filled retards. All I hear all the time now is "SEX THIS, SEX THAT". Our age of teens are slowly being corrupted -____-
    I can't really say much though, as I'm a teen as well. I guess that's just my general opinion..

It be nice to meet some down to earth people though.

Last edited:

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    • Do you think Teenagers that choose to live different lives should be treated the same? Teenagers shouldn't be treated the same. Nobody should, actually.
    • What's your view on Teen pregnancy and how can the LAW make a difference. Obviously, it's not good, but the law can't actually do anything significant about it.
    • Should 16 Year olds and under be aloud on the streets after a certain time? I think they should be allowed, but it's up to their parents/guardians to control that.
    • What about the younger teens, (14 and under) and how there treated by something that fellow teens do. I'm 14 and I don't do ANYTHING like that. Age groups shouldn't be treated differently than other age groups necessarily.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    • What's your view on Teen pregnancy and how can the LAW make a difference. It's sad to see a 14 year old girl couldn't stay abstinent or use protection correctly (I had health today so I can come up with tons of things a pregnant teen didn't think of before they did what they did)...also I don't think the law can do anything...
    • Should 16 Year olds and under be aloud on the streets after a certain time? I agree with the poster above about this one

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years

• Do you think Teenagers that choose to live different lives should be treated the same?
    Well despite some choices that adolescents make; they are still, infact, teenagers; so there's no reason not to treat them differently anyway...
    Some teens may need tough love just to push them in the right direction if they make any bad choices; like stealing, drug intake, etc.

Well first; no matter what the law says; I don't think it could stop intercourse or pregnancy. And even if there was a law on that; I doubt anyone would comply that easily; I mean, people still have their urges when they grow more mature; that's just how puberty works. Now has for teen pregnancy; I do say its not something that teenage girls should go through; they shouldn't have a baby; or sex for that matter, until they are ready; when they are more mature and grow up more.

I don't think so -- Just cause they are 16 and under; doesn't mean they would go out and do drugs or anything like that...

But mostly, if its like after midnight and such; I'd think they should be with their parents for safety.

• What about the younger teens, (14 and under) and how there treated by something that fellow teens do.

Well we all did stupid things when were younger; but it didn't meant we couldn't change right?

So yeah, I'd also say so for 14 and under kids nowadays; they just need a good push in the right direction.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years

Depends. If it's minor, then they just need a push in the right direction.

I think that they should learn the hard way for not closing their legs. No law can change a person's sexual habits.

No, they are free to do as they wish even the stupid ones.

If the teen in question is a typical hooligan, then they deserve it for being sheep-like morons.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well not all teens live the same life...so what do you mean exactly by this, are you referring to Goth's, etc. ? If so then I think they should be treated the same as everybody else.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

I don't get the question.

A student who's getting A's and wants to do something with their life, and someone who's on the streets every night harassing innocent people.

Should they be treated the same?

Sorry if people didn't get this question, should made it more clearer. :o

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Well let's look at it this way. There are laws created for society that every citizen must abide by no matter how they live there lives. So just because one teenager may be disruptive while another may be a model citizen does not mean they should be treated differently on a social or moral level.

I've never really had a view on teen pregnancy other than you wait for the appropriate time (which varies from person to person) or you educate yourself on proper protection and USE IT!

On the matter of what the law can do about it, there's not much they can do besides make sexual education mandatory in all schools and to provide more locations to where teens can so to seek guidance and protection such as planned parenthood.

This is pretty circumstantial. Yes there should be a curfew set on all teens, but as to how long a teen may be out depends upon the maturity, sense of responsibility, and trust a parent has for the teen.

It's unjust to pass judgement on an entire group just by behavior of certain individuals, but I still believe that there are some passage of rights such as staying late or having sex that should be determined by law or by a person's level of maturity.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Teenagers that would rather spend their evenings and weekends with people that aren't their parents or the offspring of their parents' good friends are definitely up to suspicious behavior and should be punished with the full extent of the law.

The amount of sarcasm in this post is up for debate. XD

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015

A student who's getting A's and wants to do something with their life, and someone who's on the streets every night harassing innocent people.

Should they be treated the same?

Sorry if people didn't get this question, should made it more clearer. :o

Well if it's parents, then you know they're already treated differently..
    And since the Law is a constant it's same for both examples.

If all else fails, hire a psychotherapist.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Define "different lives." That has... a lot of meanings.

Allow me to strap on my bulletproof vest before saying this, but...

Typically, I'd just shrug and keep quiet on this matter, because abstinence is now seen as outdated and superstitious, but...

We're researching the Illegitimacy Booms of the 17th and 18th centuries. During these times, the number of illegitimate births, caused by a casual attitude towards premarital sex and young impregnation, actually placed a huuuuge strain on the economy.

But, then again, the "BUT THEY'RE IN LOVE!" argument isn't something I want to get into, so... Yeah.

Yes. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to move around the town by bike after dark.

Personally, though, I think that police should be more wary. I hate the attitude of the current generation...

*Considers using central digit to express point, then decides against it*

Younger teens are hated unfairly, which is a fact of life, I guess. *Shrug*

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years

Teens choose to be their lives mostly because I believe in the teenage years, they begin to think harder on what they will do in their future. It's also the years they start to question law, and culture.

The law really doesn't do much here. It doesn't matter how much you threaten to fine teens who choose to have unprotected sex, they will still do it if they choose to. It's like drinking almost. A good amount of teens will blow off the drinking age and do it anyway. Now choosing to do unprotected sex is their choice, and what follows, follows. If they should happen to become parents, it was their choice in the first place.

You mean driving? Unfortunately, I don't think so. Sometimes I wonder why it is that some teens are on the roads. I have driven with some very scary teens. Teens that easily dive into road rage, drive crazy, and even go 30 over the speed limit or more. So if you're 16, and are responsible, then you're good in my book.

People are people. If you treat me nice, I will treat you nice in return. That's the way it goes. If you're gonna treat me like some piece of garbage, or some wannabe punk @$$, then things are going to get serious.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
    I'm really sick of teenagers. As long as it's "cool" to be a complete and utter loser to anyone and everyone I will dislike them. They expect to be treated like adults and they can't even behave themselves enough to deserve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back