• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teh Blaziken's Scripting School

Status
Not open for further replies.

edj1996

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2009
I have a problem I wrote my script and saved it as a .rbc file and i right click on it and there is no compile button so I open bufrite directly open it (nothing happens) I click on the book icon I click on my ROM and it turns white and it stays that with out loading any thing... HELP!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
I did the first assignment, followed the first lesson. It was very well written, so thank you.

I also compiled it. However, when you said "go into A-map" I got kind of confused. I went into Advance-Map, and looked at what you told us to do. However, I did not find any people, or a button to insert a script. I am running 1.82. Can someone help me with this issue?

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
If you open the right map, you can choose between Map, Events, Movement Permission, etc...
You have to click on Events, then you''ll see the fields ^^
If you don't see people but quarters with "P" on ist, you can klick the Button with the Hero on it.

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
this is a givepokemon script that gives you a growlithe level 5

#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x202
if B_true goto $done
message $here
boxset 6
givepokemon 58 5 0xD
setflag 0x202
release
end
#ORG $done
message $nomore
boxset 6
release
end
#ORG $here
$here 1 = looks like i'm too old\nfor growlithe's\pwalks these days.\nhere, you take him..
#ORG $nomore
$nomore 1 = How is that GROWLITHE\ndoing? IS it too strong\pfor you?

how is it?

WOOT 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
this is a givepokemon script that gives you a growlithe level 5

Code:
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x202
if B_true goto $done
message $here
boxset 6
givepokemon 58 5 0xD
setflag 0x202
release
end
#ORG $done
message $nomore
boxset 6
release
end
#ORG $here
$here 1 = looks like i'm too old\nfor growlithe's\pwalks these days.\nhere, you take him..
#ORG $nomore

how is it?

WOOT 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!

I decided I would help out a bit ;P (i'm a bit bored atm)

I'll give you hints, and then i'll fix up your script.

First off, your orgs don't have to be capitals. Secondly, you need to add lines between your scripts. Also, I noticed your givepokemon line looked like this: givepokemon 58 5 0xD. Your problem is that last little pointer for the item, it either has to have no 0x or all of the others have to have 0x, and remember, if they have 0x infront that means they have to be hex. And Pokescript doesn't need hex for certain commands, it will convert it itself.

Now, your script:

Code:
[B]#org[/B] $begin                         'I don't think this really matters though.
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x202
if B_true goto $done
message $here
boxset 6
[B]givepokemon 58 5 D [/B]                       'or change it to givepokemon 0x3A 0x5 0xD
setflag 0x202
release
end

[B]#org[/B] $done
message $nomore
boxset 6
release
end

[B]#org[/B] $here

[B]#org[/B] $nomore

Anything in bold needed fixing.
(Sorry TB Pro, but again, I was a bit bored :P)

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Hey! CheesePeow! This Is my tut! Don't help unless I give you permission! Nah I'm just kidding! Thanks for helping him out:) About the #ORGs, That's how I teach it in my tut. I dunno why I do it like that, but I do, and all of my scripts have them like that. It dosen't affect the script at all.

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
yes! it worked when i incorporated the script into advance map on firered. i put the script on an old man on route 1. when i loaded up vba and tested it i got a growlithe lv 5 and if it talk to him again he doesn't give me another=). thnx TB pro! next i'm gnna study your apply movement tut. edit- just when i tried to compile it, it did a stream of gibberish, but then it just went blanc..whats wrong with it?

#ORG $begin
checkflag 0x201
if B_true goto $done
applymovement 0x02 $move
pausemove 0
message $dudetalk
boxset 6
setflag 0x202
#ORG $done
release
end
#ORG $walk
walk 1 #binary 0x13 0x13 0x4A 0xFE
#ORG $dudetalk
$dudetalk 1 = Damn, i'm late!!

also, there is a couple of things i don't understand. do we put the script into an npc sprite's script, or a script tile, you know, on advance map, the green S. and how does it know which tile you step on to activate it. i'm a bit confused....

Last edited:

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I don't get this

#ORG $begin
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
applymovement 0x01 $dudewalk
pausemove 0
message $dudetalk
boxset 6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#ORG $done
release
end

#ORG $dudewalk
$dudewalk 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x4A 0xFE

#ORG $dudetalk
$dudetalk 1 = Hey, I'm a dude!\nDid you know that?\pOh then You're stupid!

This is from your script....i used it with pokescript
i compiled it
everything worked out fine
the offset was 800000-i guess because i never used the rom
i put it in a-map saved it but
also in this script are they supposed to move because they didn't T_T
^
for the applymovement script do i set it to agreen script button or a character button as in the girl in pallet town?

Last edited:

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
When is!

When is more of the tutorial comming? I was reading then i was like WHAT?!
Then i just went to thethethethe's tutorial. As most people would xD. Please finish it its very kool!

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
;___________;
There IS something I am doing wrong...

#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $talk
$talk 1 = ZOMG!!!\nAM I REALLY ALIVE!?\pDude, no way...

Then I compile it [etc]
But uh on the 'Assign' and/or 'Reserve' tab... Which do I use?
I know your tutorial said to choose Assing, So I did... Got all I needed, wrote my number offset down, then I went to A-Map and put it in on a new person, saved it on that new person and then tried loading the rom... It was perfect until I actually tried talking to the new person [I call Zoo btw]
Immediately, a 'The rom-image has crashed/box' pops up and closes the emulator.
I've tried many different ways of going back and forth about how to talk to Zoop....But it seems he don't wanna listen ;__;
[WHY ZOOP?! WHY?!?!?!?]

Last edited:

Milnivri

Telefan ;)
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Homework:
Assignment 1-1
Spoiler:
Assignment 1-2
Spoiler:
Assignment 2-1
Spoiler:
Assignment 2-2
Spoiler:
Assignment 3-1
Spoiler:
Assignment 3-2
Spoiler:
Test
Spoiler:

Will be completing the rest later. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Milnvivri, you should have finished your homework earlier, since you've just revived the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back