• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terra: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Terra: A New Era [GRAB SQUIRTLE! LAST STARTER!]

Welcome to Terra!

"What sort of fascinating adventures await Pokémon trainers in the region of Terra? Trainers may use the Pokémon from Kanto in a completely new environment. Trainers will begin in the metropolis of Terra City, and begin their individual journey using the Pokémon the local professor has in stock. What new cities and towns will trainers explore? What Pokémon live where? The only way to find out is by joining up!"
    - Taken from the national newspaper, Delibird's Delivery

All information regarding this RP including characters, Pokémon, and items, are located in the OOC thread here. Make sure to check over this often as a lot of major updates are posted here.

Plot:
    If someone were to sail directly south from the Seafoam islands for a week, where would they end up? Terra, the paradise located on the southern hemisphere! The local Pokémon are the same species that can be found in Kanto, due to continental drift millions of years ago. Featured in Terra are ten cities with eight new badges to collect, along with a new Pokémon League and the mysterious Sioux Sisters to battle. The first destination is Terra City, the fourth largest city on the planet. From here, trainers will travel to PokéPower Labs, the home of renowned scientist Dr. Taylor Thompson. After hearing of the successes of new trainers in the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions, Dr. Thompson wanted to try his hand at breeding a new generation of Pokémon masters!

The first step was publicity. To advertise, Dr. Thompson used the global newspaper Delibird's Delivery to spread the word to young people all around the world. Soon, the lab was filled with calls questioning the legitimacy of this spectacular event. Sure enough, the questions were affirmed. Everyone wanted to know the date their child could show up and make history by becoming the first generation from other regions to gain the badges, be successful in the Pokémon League, and defeat the reigning champions. The date set was April 7th.

Journal Entry: 05/04/2000

Ah, good morning, dear journal! The fateful day is nearing, and I can hardly wait! I have already selected the five starter Pokémon from my reliable source in September City. They are Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Geodude, and Abra! This variation in types should allow for some interesting research to be completed. I can only hope to end up as successful as my colleagues in other regions. With everything I have invested into this affair, my hopes are high. April 7th is when everything is set into motion! Journal, you will undoubtedly hold the observations of not only a group of five brave children; but the observations of history itself!

Taylor Thompson

April Fifth

Finally. A new plan that is sure to succeed. When everything is over, the Electron Group will be victorious! Oh, interested, journal? I assure you, you will be impressed. Adam, one of my most loyal employees, recently approached me with a new idea. Making a mockery of our dear friend Dr. Thompson could potentially throw him over the edge, allowing us to finally recruit him against his will. With his brilliant mind at work for us, the pesy Team Proton will dissolve and leave the entire region to us. His latest invention, the Pokémon Dispersion Ray, is a deadly device used to revert Pokémon to their basic elemental form, leaving behind enough radiation to eliminate a small town - with a single Pokémon! Of course, he is much too cowardly to use it for world domination by himself, so he will need a little coaxing. By thoroughly destroying his reputation, we may easily do so. All we have to do is ensure the failure of the trainers participating in his latest event. This will be too easy.

Charles Van Stray

Squirtle
    Type: Water
    Description: In the middle of the road attitude-wise, Squirtle is both a dear friend and a vicious fighter. When it respects its trainer, it is a force to be reckoned with. Squirtle evolves into Wartortle and eventually Blastoise through battle experience.
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip

Character Sheet

Name: [First and last.]

Physical Description: [Self-explanatory.]

Personality Description: [Self-explanatory.]
    Region of Origin:
    [must be Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh.]
    Prior Experience:
    [Your character is thirteen. This means that your character can potentially have up to three years of Pokémon experience under his/her belt!]
    Starter Choice:
    [Squirtle]

Known People & Organizations:

• Taylor Thompson, doctor in Pokémon. The central professor of the story, Dr. Thompson is the person responsible for the entire event and the owner of the five starter Pokémon.
    • Charles Van Stray Sr., leader of the Electron Group. He is only interested in domination of Terra and will stop at nothing to achieve this goal.
    • Ernest Ridgemont, owner of Team Proton. Though his morals seem right, he seems to be secretive and insists on keeping a hidden agenda.
    • Electron Group, the regional criminal organization of Terra that is disguised as an Environmental Protection Agency. Though everyone knows the truth behind their misdeeds, no one has the gall to stand up to them, including local police.
    • Team Proton, the mysterious vigilante group set on eliminating Electron Group. Though seemingly kind, they possess a hidden agenda that is sure to surface soon.
    • Sioux Sisters, the two reigning Pokémon League Champions. They took on the Pokémon League together, using a combination of Dark and Psychic Pokémon. Current national rankings place them as the fourth best trainers to ever participate in a Pokémon League.
    Rules:

1. No god-moding or Mary-Sues. Should be self-explanatory, but these two things are the bane of roleplaying and aren't fun for anyone.
    2. No shinies. People end up making more of a fuss about these than the roleplay itself, and I see them as only a hindrance. However, legendary Pokémon DO exist in this region and at some point every trainer will have an opporunity to catch one. There is only ONE chance, however, so be wary.
    3. Only Pokémon 001-149 exist in this region. Self explanatory.
    4. Characters from the show may not be used. As each new trainer is thirteen years old, no show character can be used in this particular roleplay. Sorry.
    5. In battles, both wild and with another trainer, I decide the end results. Whether attempting to catch a Pidgey or defeat an Arbok, you may only post up until the attack or capture attempt occurs. From there, I will decide how effective the respective action was. As always, the more detail present, the higher the possibility of a desirable effect.
    6. Each character is a separate journey. This means it is not necessary to stick together in a group. However, you are completely free to do so if that is what you would like.
    7. Stay active. If you go three days without posting (and without letting me know first), a plot device will remove all achievements and allow someone else the opportunity to begin anew.
    Keep all rules in mind at all times.

"Yawn ...!", the professor belted out. Nearby, his faithful Electrode-shaped alarm clock was set to buzz in another two hours. "Guess my excitement got the better of me this morning!". He got out of bed, making sure to make it up, and hopped in the shower. He took showers military style, for no apparent reason. It was just quicker!
    After putting on his lab coat, he glanced at the clock: 8:00 Terra Standard Time. The big event was set to begin in another six hours, at 2:00 TST. The professor scurried outside his apartment and took the short stroll over to the laboratory. Opening the front door, he went through the hallway waving hello to his colleagues, who all insisted upon wishing him good luck. After hanging a right and two lefts, he entered the PSU, the Pokémon Storage Unit. In the center of the room was a storage device in the shape of a star, with a Poké Ball at each tip. Grabbing all of them, the professor intended to relay a message to the Pokémon before the big hour. In a brilliant flash of light, the five Pokémon sat on the floor, staring blankly at their owner.
    Needing a translator, the professor reached into a labcoat pocket and pulled out his companion from his trainer days: his Alakazam, which was promptly released.​

"Alakazam, please let your comrades know that I am placing future successes on their shoulders, and I require their full cooperation for everything to work".
    The psychic Pokémon obliged, telepathically sending the message word-for-word to the other Pokémon. Bulbasaur and Squirtle both smiled and looked up at the professor, smiling. Charmander and Geodude refused to pay him a bit of mind, and Abra was still in awe of his final evolutionary form taking the time out of his day to communicate with him.
    "I hope all of you understood that", the professor remarked, summoning them all back, excluding Alakazam. "'Zam, these Pokémon are my last chance at a major success. I am getting too old for this!"

A few hours later, the professor went into the guest lounge, sitting down anxiously awaiting the first of the trainers to arrive. Though wild with anticipation, the professor drifted off to sleep.
    Edit: I have decided to do away with reservations. All Pokémon are now on a first come, first serve basic. Please note that you must still be accepted into the RP before beginning your journey. Remember, in your post, you must complete all required events before choosing one optional event.

---​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Character Sheet

Name: mimi munre

Physical Description:has long brown hair that is normaly open,she wears a wite tank top with a pink belt and a pink mini skirt,a gold neackless hangs around her neck.

Personality Description:she is sweet and kind butgets really agressive if you insult her

Region of Origin:jhoto

Prior Experience:she nearly won the elite four in jhoto ,she hasnt got to having 8 bages but still wants to keep trying
    Starter Choice:charmander

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Can I get a moderator to delete these posts?

I really need an OOC thread and would prefer not to have sign-ups on this thread.

Edit: Congratulations to liveitout for choosing Bulbasaur. They are allowed to begin from this point.

Last edited:

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • Since you don't have an OOC thread yet I hope you don't mind me posting my sign-up here. I'll delete it and post it in the OOC thread once you make it though if that's a problem.

Name: Sapphire Skye

Physical Description:
    Sapphire has beautiful golden brown hair that falls down in loose ringlets to her waist. She has sparkling sapphire blue eyes and her skin is quite clean and smooth. She doesn't believe in make-up and there fore does not wear any. As for clothes, she wears a white skirt and a white vest top with a black jacket that is left open at the chest. To finish the whole white and black theme, on her feet is white and black shoes with a small heel on them. Her height is 5'3 and that includes the small heels on the shoes. She also wears a black ribbon around her neck that has a bell on it, as though she was a cat. And of course for her journey she has a white and black bag that she has on her shoulder.

Personality Description:
    Sapphire is rather naïve and gullible, but can get angry very easily. Her biggest flaw is that when she's angry she turns violent and lashes out in a frenzy of harsh clenched fists and kicks at the person who played with her temper. Sapphire is also a fool for she quite easily falls for the opposite sex. In other words, if a guy walks over to her and charms her silly, she would undoubtedly do whatever he asked. Apart from that, Sapphire is quite friendly. Despite the short temper, many people find it easy to get a long with her. She's not an outcast but does like odd things. She loves the occult and often tries to scare those around her with tales of ghosts and supernatural happenings. She has a good sense of humor and prefers to be with other people than on her own.

Region of Origin: Kanto~

Prior Experience: Her home has two pets. A Meowth and a Vaporeon. Meowth is pretty much just a pet for her but the Vaporeon is one of her best friends. When he was a little Eevee, Sapphire played with him a lot and she even went into battles with him. The day came when her father gave her a choice out of 3 special stones that would evolve the eevee into something completely new. Even though Sapphire was reluctant to evolve her friend, she still felt it was time that Eevee became a Vaporeon. So Sapphire has had battle experience and knows a little about evolution.

Starter Choice: Abra please!

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah, I'll allow sign-ups to be posted here until an OOC thread is approved. Your character is approved, by the way. Feel free to begin whenever you would like.

UraharaSteph

Years
  • OOC: Woooo I'm beginning now then .

Journal entry 5th April:

Dear journal~
    I know what you're thinking, why do I have time to write in this little thing when it's my birthday? Well in all honesty, I don't feel like it's my birthday. I don't feel any difference from when I was 12. 13 is supposed to be a big number... I'm finally a teenager... But I really don't feel any difference. I'm going away on the 7th to get my first own Pokémon. I'm going to miss everyone here in Kanto, because I'll be camping out for a very long time in a whole new region called Terra. Well it's new to me. I haven't even heard of it before, but I've only just heard of the Sinnoh region so I guess it's no surprised that Terra has suddenly popped up and is attracting young trainers. I don't want to leave Vaporeon behind, or meowth! Mum and Dad wont let me take them though. Meowth is really my little sister's pokémon and Vaporeon is going on his own adventure with my elder brother Gilbert. It's not fair though. I'm the one who raised Vaporeon. I raised him and now Gil is taking him away to do some gym badge challenge. It can't be helped though can it? I'll have my own Pokémon soon enough, and I wont have to share it with any sibling or anybody at all! I'm starting to feel like a teenager now... this is great. I'm all fired up!!!

Bye bye!

Story Begin 7th April:

Sapphire glared at the huge city in front of her. A small tremble of nerves shot through her body and she took a step back trying to take in the view. Gilbert had came with her, just to make sure she had a safe journey and to make sure she didn't get lost. Vaporeon stood beside them. Sapphire looked up a her big brother who gave her a warming smile. Although, all he cared about was finding the PokéPower Lab quickly so he could return to Kanto and continue to getting his fifth gym badge. He placed a hand on Sapphire's head and ruffled her hair.

"It'll be fine here Sapphie. Do your best and I'm sure you'll get a long fine with the other trainers." He tried to reassure the girl.
    "Don't touch my hair!" She scolded, knocking his hand away from her head and sorting out her hair.

The two began to walk together into the busy setting. There was a lot of rude people busying up the streets and also quite a few friendly people who helped the two with directions to the lab. Gilbert nearly got distracted a few times by a couple of kids battling on side streets, but Sapphire only dragged him a long not wanting to waste any time. Finding the lab was proving very difficult but finally, after trying to figure out which way the map was supposed to be after half an hour, they had came across the building that held a big sign saying "PokéPower" On it. That could only mean that the lab was somewhere in there. Gilbert took Sapphire in there and the two looked around for where Sapphire was supposed to meet the professor. His name was Dr. Thompson. They got to a door that said "Lab." And assumed this was where it would all start for Sapphire. Gilbert looked at the door and frowned a little, but when Sapphire looked up at him, he forced a smile.

"Well, I should leave you to it now Sapphie. This is where you become all grown up haha!" Again, his hand ruffled her hair and she twitched with annoyance.
    "Yeah yeah, whatever you say Gil." She looked away from him. "I guess I'm going to miss you. It wont be as easy for me to go home a visit as you do." Sapphire looked down at the floor and the Vaporeon came into her veiw.
    "Vaaaa...Vee? Vaporeon?" The blue creature rubbed his head against his original Mistress. It was not easy saying good bye to someone he had grown up with, and Sapphire felt the pain as well.
    "I'll miss you too Vaporeon. I'll be fine." She pet his head then gave her brother a huge hug. "I hate you I hope you know that." She said, a little smirk on her lips.
    Gilbert just smiled and kissed the top of her head and hugged her back. "I love you too Sapphie."
    Sapphire then let go off him and waved goodbye to Gilbert and the Vaporeon. She then entered the room. "I'm here for my first Pokémon please. An Abra would do nicely!" She announced, her head tilting to the side and an adorable smile curved her lips.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009

Glancing up at the girl in the doorway, Dr. Thompson smiled warmly. Though short, the professor could already tell the girl had the heart of a lion.

"I'm here for my first Pokémon please. An Abra would do nicely!", the young voice rang out.

"I had a feeling my Abra would go pretty fast. As I'm sure you'd like to know, Abra is much like Squirtle: he requires proper care and guidance, but is generally pretty easy to get along with. I recommend giving him plenty of excersise, as well. Most Abra and their evolutions control their movements solely through psychic abilities, but a young Abra raised to be physically fit can use their bodies with their muscles and focus their psychic energies on more battle-effective techniques! ...Oh dear, there I go, preaching up a storm. Here you are". The professor turned around, and grabbed the nearest Poké Ball, along with the first Pokédex and a bag containing five empty Poké Balls. Reaching his arm out, he handed the tools to the young girl and couldn't help feeling a sense of pride - her success was the direct responsibility of his actions.

"From here, you can go west along the road to the park and have a chance to battle some fairly weak wild Pokémon, or you can go east straight out of the city. Once you exit the city, you will be on Route 401. This route is fairly short; you can continue south from there until you reach February Town. I wish you the best of luck! Oh, don't let me forget. As per the Terra Trainer Ordinance Section 412 Subsection 87 Paragraph 3, this PokéTracker must be installed on your Pokédex. The professor pointed to a small black dot, glowing red every three seconds. This tracker checks for activity, and in the event that you are not heard from in a 72 hour period you and all Poké Balls will be warped to this laboratory to ensure your safety. To avoid this, all you must do is check in once every two or three days. Once again, good luck!".

The professor led the young girl to the doorway, and with a wave, sent her on an epic journey.

Last edited:

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
  • Morgan, a small girl in an enormous straw hat, arrived in Terra City feeling totally psyched. She was all alone in a vast metropolis with only a leather tote bag, a Terra City brochure to lead her to Dr. Thompson's lab, and less than two hours to get there. The brochure's transit map showed a complicated network of bus routes that promised to lead almost directly to the door of the lab. Morgan was familiar with buses. The city, however, was something else. It paralyzed her for a moment as she sat on the bus bench, staring around at the enormous billboards, the crowds of people, and unfamiliar Pokemon with a wide grin on her face. On the first bus, she kept her face plastered to the window, trying to take in as many sights as possible.

The trip was long and uneventful. On the second bus, Morgan nearly napped through her stop. By the time the third bus dropped her off at a quiet intersection with the laboratory building in sight, she was still psyched but also somewhat more nervous about the start of her Pokemon journey. Dr. Thompson was an important name in the world of Pokemon. It was vital to make a good impression. She brushed some dust off her shorts and rearranged her straw hat before striding confidently down the street. It was already 2 pm. Morgan was late, but she hadn't realized it yet.

Facing the laboratory, Morgan had only one word: "Awesome!" She whipped out her camera for a few shots of its modern, curving façade. There were some tourists wandering around the entrance with their own cameras, and Morgan realized that, for the moment, she was also just another tourist. At least, until she got her Pokemon. She walked through the doors and into the receptionist's office, where she asked for directions. Soon she was at Dr. Thompson's door.

Morgan took a breath and entered without knocking, letting the door swing closed with an ominous click. "Hallo! Dr. Thompson?"

{{I was going to rp right through 'recieve Pokemon, pokeballs and Pokedex' but after looking at Urahara's example I'm not sure if I ought to.}}

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Not too long after the first trainer was sent on her way, the second trainer was already here. Time sure was moving fast. Dr. Thompson welcomed the young girl, and complimented her on her hat. He then took her to the Pokémon containment area and pointed at the large, pentagonal shaped table with four Poké Balls remaining, and nameplates under them. The one marked "Abra" was gone.

"Here you are, young one. These are your choices: Fiery Charmander, Cool Squirtle, Relaxed Bulbasaur, or Rocky Geodude."

The professor looked at the girl with cheerful eyes and high hopes.

"Go on, make your choice!"

[OOC: Either way was fine. For your next post, just choose the Pokémon and grab up the Pokédex and spare balls, and roleplay the professor into wishing you luck. ]

UraharaSteph

Years
  • On the way down the corridor she saw a girl walking up it. A short girl with a large straw hat stood in the door way. A cheery and confident smile was on her lips and it was clear that she was a new trainer as well. Sapphire's eyes widened slightly and she smiled delighted at the gorgeous hat. She was also a little envious, since the only hat she ever looked good in was a Trilby. Sapphire reached out a hand almost wanting to touch the hat, but quickly snapped out of her awe and bowed sweetly.

"I'm Sapphire. Can I just say that hat looks absolutely FANATASTIC!" Sapphire announced almost blushing at how lovely it was. It seemed she was just as enthusiastic about the hat as she was about getting her first Abra. "Uh-Sorry, got to go!" She smiled and ran past the girl, not even waiting for a answer from her. Sapphire ran out into the street and released her new Abra. "Come on out!" She commanded and then in front of her was an adorable Pokémon. Ears like a cat, it's eyes closed and it's limbs delicate. He was something else. "Wow." Sapphire muttered to herself and crouched down. As she did though, someone knocked into her and pushed her forward. The street of course, was still packed up with people, it was not a good place to meet her first Pokémon. "Abra! I'm sorry, return!" She held out the Pokéball and a red ray collected the Pokémon and returned it to the Pokéball. "Where was that park the Professor was on about?" Sapphire wandered, and remembered it was to the west.

Sapphire began her travels to the west and reached the park. She sat down on the grass. It was less busy here, since no-one was cluttering the place to go shopping or work related business. Sapphire took the ball that contained her Abra and released the creature once again. A smug grin came on her face when she looked at the cat-like ears. "Adorable!" She squealed, startling the Pokémon a little.
    "Brah?" The Abra tilted his head, and his voice was low and young.
    "I want to name you something." Sapphire thought for a moment. "You're a psychic pokémon so your name will have to be something Psychic related." Sapphire deducted, although there was no real point to put so much thought into it. "How about Tek?" Questioned with a beaming smile.
    "Ah?" The Abra replied, not quite understanding the whole concept.
    "You know! Inspired by 'telekineses'. Do you understand now, Tek?"

The Pokémon, now know as Tek, simply nodded his head believing it would be easier to just go a long with it all. Suddenly the grass rustled and out meowed a meowth. Sapphire looked at it and squealed again looking at it's cat ears. "CUTE!" She announced before narrowing her eyes into seriousness. "OK Tek! It's time to-" Sapphire stopped and suddenly realized. "Tek doesn't know any moves a part from teleport." A sweat drop formed on the back of her head as she watched the Meowth just sit there in front of her. "Perhaps I should call the professor."

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    "Oh! I almost forgot!", the professor belted out loud, panicked. "The Abra knows no attacks."

Grabbing his telephone, the professor dialed in the number for Sapphire's Pokédex. Upon hearing the little girls voice answer, he tells her perhaps the best strategy for beginning with an Abra.

"Sapphire. As I realized that Abra has no other abilities aside from it's teleport, I've sent an "Ultra Ball" with you in place of one of your normal Poké Balls. The best thing to do in your case would be to catch another creature and allow Abra to spectate your battles, in order for it to gain experience and eventually an attacking technique of its own!".

After exchanging good-byes and good lucks, the professor hung up, contented.

Years
  • Name: Isaac Sidzaka

Physical Description:
    Male; Fairly short; Green eyes; fairly long messy dark-blond hair;
    Usually wearing a red T-shirt and black shorts.

Personality Description:
    Introverted, shy, loyal, procrastinates often, and lazy. More often than not puts too much trust in others. Relies on emotion for most choices rather than logic.

Region of Origin:
    Kanto

Prior Experience:
    Isaac is still a very inexperienced trainer with only a very minimal amount of experience with Pokemon. He began his journey from Viridian City, but was only able to make it past the Pewter City gym (Viridian's gym leader wasn't at the gym). After not being able to reach Cerulean City, Isaac decided to call it quits for a while. When he heard of Terra, he decided that he had nothing to lose and he boarded the ferry for the Terra region.

Starter Choice:
    Squirtle (liveitout chose Bulbasaur, right? If It isn't official, I'll take Bulbasaur instead)

OOC: I won't be here for about a week during the week of July 12-18. I won't have computer access and thus will be inactive. Would you prefer that I wait until after my trip to start my story or is it okay that I'll be gone?

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
  • Morgan curtsied and shook hands with the professor. "This place is rad," she commented, looking around the laboratory before approaching the pentagon. "Which one's the grass type?" Clearly, she hadn't done her homework.

"That would be Bulbasaur. It's very friendly and easy to raise," the professor answered.
    "Alright!" Morgan declared, and took the proferred pokeball, immediately releasing her starter onto the polished floor of the lab. Bulbasaur barely had time to blink before he was scooped up by Morgan and held up like a kitten with all his paws dangling. "Aww! She's a little darling."

"Your Bulbasaur is male," Dr. Thompson added. "Oh, wait, don't go yet. Here are your five pokeballs and a Pokedex." He handed her the prepared bag. "I trust you know how to use them?"

"Yep," Morgan replied, stuffing the bag in her tote with one hand and holding Bulbasaur under the other arm.

"There's a tracker installed in your Pokedex for safety," the professor continued, prompting Morgan to rummage for the device and look at it more closely. "It checks your activity and, if you're not heard from for 72 hours, you and all of your Pokemon will be warped back here. To avoid this, you'll need to check in with me once every two days."

Morgan looked up. "The Pokedex is empty?"

"Oh yes! The Pokedex will give you information on the Pokemon you see, but you need to catch a Pokemon for the entry to become complete." The professor beamed at her. "There are more than a hundred Pokemon for you to catch in Terra!"

Morgan looked like she was going to comment, but changed her mind. "Right-o. Where do I go from here?"

"You can go east out of the city and follow Route 401 to February Town. But I reccomend you first stop by in Gaia Park where you can battle some weak Pokemon for practice. It's just west of here. Good luck on your journey, and don't forget to keep in touch!"

Morgan was nearly out the door, but did a double-take in the doorway. "Hey, Professor! Who's Sapphire?"

Dr. Thompson blinked. "I gave her a Pokemon just before you came in - an Abra."

"Thanks!" She flashed him a thumbs-up and disappeared, her Pokemon over her shoulder. The dismay on the Bulbasaur's face made the professor wonder if he had made a wise choice.

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • "Man, I wish I could've bought Jack with me, I'm sure he would've loved this place"

Hitomi smiled fondly at the thought of her partner and friend Quilava, whom she had attempted to conquer all of Johto with, only to beat Claire before they had gotten their butts kicked in the League Conference, she glanced around the vast expanse of Terra City's Metropolis, it was such a large city and if he didn't have a map of the place, Hitomi was sure she'd get lost "Thank Mew for maps, cause I think I'd get lost in this place"

"Its such a large, but pretty city, now lets see how far until I find the Doctor's lab" Hitomi wandered around the city, enjoying the sites and smells of the metropolis, this place was a whole lot different from her quaint and cozy little home in Cherrygrove City, it reminded her of Goldenrod City "I wonder if they have a casino...." patting her cheeks a few times, Hitomi shook her head "No way, I didn't come here to get side tracked, I came to get a Pokémon from the Doctor... after I get the Pokemon, then we can go check out the town."

"PokéPower Lab" Hitomi narrowed her auburn eyes from behind her glasses before staring up at the intimidating building that stood before her.

Pushing her square frames up from the bridge of her nose, where they had drooped so suddenly, Hitomi clenched her fist determinedly as she stood infront of Dr. Thompson's lab "Okay Hitomi you can do this! All you have to do is knock!" she lifted her curled fist to gently rap at the door, before pulling it away abruptly "Ohh I can't do it" she turned her back to the door and fiddled with her skirt "No. No, I can do this... all I have to do is turn around and..." she had turned around, trailing off upon noticing Dr. Thompson standing in the doorway with a amused grin on his features "Ehehehehe umm hi. I'm Hitomi sir, Hitomi Taylor. I've uhh come to get my Pokémon, a Geodude would be nice" Hitomi gave a small wave to the man standing in the doorway.

(OOC: I apologize for this being so short, but I've got a whole lot of other things on my mind at the moment >.<)

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    As Maxx entered the laboratory, he pushed past the incredibly short girl who was talking about a Geodude, surprising his grandfather almost to the extent of putting him in cardiac arrest. His grandfather had seen Maxx a few months ago, but had not seen him concsious in about six years. He was amazed at the handsome young man he had turned into. Maxx was obviously there for a reason, however, and began speaking at once.

"Grandfather... how nice to see you! I read about your new challenge and you know that I must participate. I know you must be in shock, but trust me - you will not regret putting me on this journey", the boy said.

"Maxx... I can't believe it. I haven't seen you in so long! We have much to talk about! When did you awaken? Wh-" Maxx stopped him right there.

"From the look of the two girls I saw on the way here, you have already given out some starter Pokémon to the new trainers", he said, a sense of urgency in his voice.

"Why, yes. Abra and Bulbasaur were taken already. Would you like Squirtle? Or perhaps Charmander?", the professor asked meekly.

"No. I need something with more variety. I need a Pokémon who can evolve to suit my needs down the road. Grandfather, allow me to take your Eevee", the boy demanded.

"Maxx, you know I would love to let you use Eevee... but I have many tests to run! Eevees are quite rare in Terra and it's not every day one appears at my doorstep begging to be experimented on!", the professor remarked.

"Grandfather, what are a few meager experiments when this creature could lead me to become Terra regional champion? With that position, you could have as many Eevees as you wanted. One for every evolution".

"I... I guess there's no talking you out of this one, is there? Fine, you may take Eevee. Be sure to treat her well. Here, take my personal Pokédex and these spare Poké Balls, as well. Best of luck, grandson". The professor reached in a cabinet and handed the fateful Poké Ball to his grandson, who didn't quite seem the same. "Good luck."

"Thanks". Maxx was out the door, and ran out the entrance. From here, he hopped on his bike and set out east toward route 401, and his new journey.

Maxx rode quickly until he escaped the barrier of Terra City. He was now out in the wild, and relished in the opportunity of collecting strong Pokémon for his journey. Looking around him, he saw nature in its purest form. To his left, trees as far as the eye could see. To the right, a pond brimming with Magikarp. Straight ahead, a path leading to the horizon and a huge mansion. Now was as good a time as any to start his search, he supposed. Releasing his Eevee, he parked his bike and walked over to the edge of a deep ditch. Looking inside, he saw clouds of dust. This looked like a recent construction site. As he scaled down into the abscess, the Eevee began to look more and more afraid.

"Eevee, you know what they say is true. There is nothing to fear except fear itself. I've heard rumors of Cubone lurking arou- aha!". The boy saw the glint of a milky-white bone in the distance. "Eevee, run down there in front of that rock and wait for the Cubone to walk around. Once it does, proceed to Tail Whip it", he commanded.

Obliging its masters commands, the Eevee fearlessly rushed off, leaving a trail of dust. Sure enough, the Eevee waited in front of a large rock while the Cubone walked around sneakily. Unsuspecting, it suffered a large tail to the face.

"There we go. Run back toward me, then run on the other side and hit it with another Tail Whip!"

The Cubone, now aware of its status as prey, turned around attempting to hit the Eevee with its menacing club. However, the fox-like Pokémon was much too quick and ducked the bone, ending up behind its opponent, tail at the ready. The instant the Cubone turned around to face its target, it suffered another bushy whack.

"Great job. Run around one more time, gather some momentum, and use Tackle".

The Eevee did as it was told, running far away, turning around, and dashing back at its target. The Cubone, ready to attack, held up its bat as if about to swing for a home-run.

"Eevee, he is going to attempt to swing at you. Duck as he swings and leap up, hitting him in the face!"

The Eevee, completely trusting its trainer, did as told and narrowly dodged the large club before jumping and knocking the creature back to the ground and trampling it. The creature, still adamant, stood up and looked its predator in the eye, before lifting its jaw up and letting lose a horrible sound.

"Eevee, that's Growl! Use your paws and cover your ears!"

The Eevee tried the best it could, but left itself open to attack. The Cubone ran up, smacking the Eevee straight in the stomach, knocking the breath out of it. Taking advantage of this opportunity, the Cubone ran off as quickly as possible into the distance.

"Eevee, we're not losing this. Get up and chase after him, Tail Whip his feet!"

The faster Pokémon was evident as Eevee forgot the blow and took off after the opponent, reaching him and sticking out its tail seconds before Maxx let loose his first Poké Ball. As the Cubone hit the ground, the Poké Ball hit it in the skull, releasing a bright red flare before shaking three times and blinking.

"All right, Eevee! A successful capture! This will prove to be useful down the road, won't it?", Maxx said while recalling Eevee and mounting his bike. The boy was headed south, and today, he accomplished more than catching a Pokémon. His Eevee had grown to level seven and was a lot more battle-hardened.

--

Meanwhile, back in Terra City.

"I apologize for the interruption, Hitomi. That was my grandson... he's been "missing" for many years now. Anyway, your Geodude? Right here. Also, take this Pokédex and Poké Balls as well. Best of luck!", the professor said, before slamming the door. He had a lot on his mind and needed some time to think.

Last edited:

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
  • Morgan found Gaia Park on her brochure and decided it was in walking distance from the laboratory. Walking down the street, she searched her mind for potential names for the Bulbasaur trotting beside her. "Maximillian!.. Pepsi!.. Monday!.. Teflon!"

"Bulba-bulb," her Pokemon responded.

"Tycho...Popcorn...Hotdog...Nacho...man, I'm getting hungry." Morgan stopped by a fast-food joint and discovered that burgers in Terra tasted just like burgers in Hoenn, except they were made with lots of lettuce.

"Bulbasaur eats lettuce?" she asked, dangling a leaf above her starter's head. It turned out that he did. At least her Pokemon wouldn't starve, she thought to herself.

===========

At first glance, Gaia Park looked tame, but most of the people in it were trainers. Some were walking their Pokemon, some were battling, and some were scouring the bushes for the wild Pokemon mentioned on the entrance sign. Morgan clipped her six pokeballs to her waist and mentally prepared herself for battle. Aiming to avoid random challenges by trainers with stronger Pokemon, she slipped in through the gate and ran pell-mell through the park until she found an unoccupied spot under a tree. She sat down in the shade and pulled out her Pokedex, pointing it at her Bulbasaur. The device responded with,

"Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokemon. A strange seed was planted on its back at birth. The plant sprouts and grows with this Pokémon."

"Ho-hum," Morgan commented. Bulbasaur was staring at her.

"Well, Bulby, I guess it's time to give you a proper name."

"Saur!" he replied. Morgan had no idea what that meant. She thought for a minute, her brows furrowed, then found something plausible.

"Right. I'm going to call you Duke."

"Bulbaaa-"

"I'm glad you like it!" Morgan stood up and stretched. "Show me what you can do, Duke." She set her tote bag on the grass. "That's your enemy. Attack!"

Duke let out a low rumble, then lowered his head and charged, tackling the bag. It flopped over. Duke looked up for approval.

"Well, that's fine," Morgan remarked. "I think we're ready to hit the tall grass for some wild Pokemon."

===========

Though only a few meters from the trodden path, Morgan found herself in waist-high grass, the kind that was normally chock-full of wild critters. Duke, beside her, was eagerly sniffing the air. Suddenly, the grass parted and a small purple rodent popped out. It flashed its enormous front teeth and wiggled its ears.

Morgan knew what this was: a Rattata, the most ubiquitous and annoying Pokemon in Kanto. "Tackle it, Duke!" Duke obliged, charging at the rodent with the ferocity of a little dinosaur, which he was.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    [OOC: If you wouldn't mind, from now on please play the fight out up to either the finishing blow or capture attempt. This leaves me in an awkward situation.]

The wild Rattata saw the menacing green monster charging and stepped out of the way, narrowly dodging the oncoming Tackle. Tales had been passed down through the rat generation after generation about newly started Pokémon trainers and their Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. This Rattata was prepared for battle however, and glared at its opponent fiercely. This wouldn't be an easy fight, but this particular Rattata wasn't going to lose. Not today, anyway!

Quickly and rashly, the Rattata charged at the Bulbasaur, fangs beared.

[ OOC: Roleplay out the rest of this fight up to defeat or capture, please. ]

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
  • {{Heh, sorry. Will do.}}

Duke wasn't able to side-step the attack in time, receiving a blow to the shoulder. Angered, he turned and growled at the Rattata, much louder and more menacingly than before. The Rattata looked a little uncertain. The Bulbasaur was twice its size, after all.

Morgan felt that this was where her advantage lay. "You're bigger than it is, Duke! Ram it again!"

Duke charged a second time, but the Rattata evaded him. It leapt nimbly aside and turned on a dime, using the Bulbasaur's momentary disorientation to rush at him and sink its teeth in his foreleg. Duke howled and flailed, knocking the rodent loose before any real damage had been done. The Rattata was caught off balance. Now that he had it at close quarters, Duke charged it with a ramming tackle that sent it flying into the tall grass. Unfazed, the Rattata quickly stood up again, facing its opponent with a gleam in its eye.

Morgan thought the Rattata would attack head-on. Her Bulbasaur's bulk could withstand most tackles, however. "Duke, when it comes at you, try to knock it off balance! When it's down, tackle it again!"

The Rattata sprang forward, but Duke was ready for it. He tucked his head in and pushed back as the Rattata hit, knocking it onto its side, then charging with a tackle.

Morgan was cheering. "Yaay! Tackle it again!" The Rattata was in a tight spot. Every time it tried to rise, Duke tackled it again, and it was unable to bite at its pursuer.

{{I'm not planning to capture it. Defeat, please?}}

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Eventually, the Rattata decided the added effort was not worth it; it had lost. It laid it's head down and pretended to be knocked out, hoping it's oppressor would leave it alone.

Result: Victory!
    Bulbasaur advanced to L6.
    Rattata dropped Potion x1

Meanwhile, at Electron Group's main headquarters in July City, Mr. Van Stray sat at his desk, looking at the latest report. Evidently, four trainers had already made there way to Dr. Thompson including his grandson, who had mysteriously entered a coma a few years back.

"This ought to be fun", Mr. Van Stray said as he pressed an intercom button. "Execute Order 319".

The leaderboards have been updated!

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • Dr. Thompson had stepped aside, allowing Hitomi to enter the PokéPower Lab before leading her to the incubator where the other Pokémon were being kept, Hitomi followed the Doctor down a plain white hall, where they had made a right and to lefts before entering a brightly lit room. In the middle of the room sat a storage device in the shape of a star, with a PokéBall at each tip "This is the PSU" he motioned to the medium sized room that held the incubator, among other things "Its stand for Pokémon Storage Unit, this is where you will choose your designated Pokémon" he glanced at Hitomi, who stared at the PokéBalls with childish glee Dr. Taylor had opened his mouth to speak, but the door being thrown open and a boy entering the room silenced him.

Hitomi glanced at the boy that had entered the room, he was so handsome! Tall with blond hair and deep green eyes. Hitomi wondered who was he and how he knew the Doctor "Grandfather... how nice to see you! I read about your new challenge and you know that I must participate. I know you must be in shock, but trust me - you will not regret putting me on this journey", the boy said.

"Maxx... I can't believe it. I haven't seen you in so long! We have much to talk about! When did you awaken? Wh-" the boy, Maxx had cut Dr. Taylor off "From the look of the two girls I saw on the way here, you have already given out some starter Pokémon to the new trainers", he said he seemed very urgent about something. "Why, yes. Abra and Bulbasaur were taken already. Would you like Squirtle? Or perhaps Charmander?", the professor asked meekly. "Is the Doctor intimidated by his grandson or something" she frowned thoughtfully as she continued to listen to the two talk, she felt as though she had been tossed aside, which was kinda true, Maxx did interrupt them.

"No. I need something with more variety. I need a Pokémon who can evolve to suit my needs down the road. Grandfather, allow me to take your Eevee", he demanded. "Maxx, you know I would love to let you use Eevee... but I have many tests to run! Eevees are quite rare in Terra and it's not every day one appears at my doorstep begging to be experimented on!", the doctor remarked. "Grandfather, what are a few meager experiments when this creature could lead me to become Terra regional champion? With that position, you could have as many Eevees as you wanted. One for every evolution".

"Someone's a bit full of themselves" Hitomi thought, resisting the urge to snort and roll her eyes at him.

"I... I guess there's no talking you out of this one, is there? Fine, you may take Eevee. Be sure to treat her well. Here, take my personal Pokédex and these spare Poké Balls, as well. Best of luck, grandson". The professor reached in a cabinet and handed the fateful Poké Ball to his grandson, who didn't quite seem the same. "Good luck."

"Thanks". Maxx was then out the door, running towards the entrance. After Maxx had disappeared from sight, the Doctor turned back to Hitomi "I apologize for the interruption, Hitomi. That was my grandson... he's been "missing" for many years now. Anyway, your Geodude? Right here. Also, take this Pokédex and Poké Balls as well. Best of luck!", the professor said, before ushering her out the lab and slamming the door.

"Well... that was unexpected" Hitomi mumbled heading towards Gaia Park, where she could check out her Geodude and perhaps catch herself a Pokémon. Once in the park, Hitomi pulled out the Pokéball that had her Geodude she pressed the button in the middle and allowed the rock to appear before her with a musical snap.

"Geo! Dude!"

Out of the PokéBall came a a gray boulder with muscular arms "Hi Geodude! I'm your new trainer Hitomi!" she held her hand out to the levitating boulder "Geo?" it blinked at her hand before scowling and turning away "Geo. Dude. Dude." Hitomi stared speechless at the rock "Hey! What's the big idea Geodude!" she glared at the rock, who glared back before sticking out its tongue "Geooo!" Hitomi frowned "Why you no good--" she trailed off when a Pidgey had flown through her line of sight, perching itself on a tree "Piidgey!"

"Oh a Pidgey! This thing will be really helpful later on. Geodude I want you to attack that Pidgey!" she pointed to the bird, who blinked at her owlishly "Pidgey?" it tilted its head to the side "Didn't you hear me Geodude? I said go!" Hitomi lowered her finger and stared at the floating boulder, that scowled at her "Ohh C'mon Geodude!" Geodude just crossed its bulky arms "Geodude"

"Aww C'mon" she clasped her hands together and pouted "Please" Geodude grunted and looked away, but faltered moments later when he glanced at Hitomi, who was staring at him with large puppy dog eyes, a hit of red inflamed the rock's cheeks and he sighed getting into battle stance "Geodude...." Hitomi cheered "Awesome! Now start off with Tackle!"

"Geo!" Geodude nodded and charged at the tree Pidgey was perched in, ramming its skull into the bark, leaving a nice dent and causing the Pidgey to tumble out the tree, catching itself in mid air before it fell "Pidgey!" Pidgey glared at Geodude and threw itself at the rock, hitting Geodude right in the eye with a well placed Tackle "Geo!" he cried shaking off the slight stinging sensation before grabbing a hold of the bird and tossing it away from him "Duude" he growled, glaring at the hovering bird.

"Gee!" Pidgey zoomed in on Geodude, waiting until it was close to flap its wings and kick up a stream of Sand, shooting it right in Geodude's eyes "Geooo!" Geodude flailed about, trying to wipe the grains from its eyes "Pidgey!" and while Geodude was preoccupied, Pidgey came up from behind and rammed itself into Geodude, sending the rock tumbling forward, right into the tree it had tackled not to long ago "Geo" he snarled, shaking away the last bit of sand from its eyes "Tackle again Geodude!"

Geodude nodded and charged at Pidgey, who charged at him as well, the two Pokemon butted heads, causing the lighter of the two, which was Pidgey to get sent flying, he wound up tumbling right into the tree it was once perched on, with Geodude smirking smugly "Pid-gey" Pidgey panted as it slowly stood, staggering a bit as it flapped its wings and wobbled out the tree, in an attempt to keep airborne "Hey, Its getting pretty weak Geodude, lets finish this up with another Tackle!"

"Geodude!"

Geodude charged at Pidgey again, who veered to the left and dodged it, quickly pulling back around to ram its beak into Geodude's eye again to temporarily blind the rock Pokemon "Defense Curl!" Geodude nodded and crossed his bulky arms over its face, protecting himself from Pidgey's attack, which was futile due to the rock's rough exterior "Pidgey!" Pidgey quickly followed up with another Sand Attack "Defense Curl in to Tackle!" Geodude nodded and right before the sand collided with his face, Geodude protected himself with its arms and once the attack was over he quickly rammed into Pidgey, sending it tumbling to the ground in a heap of feathers.

"Alright!" Hitomi smiled and praised her Geodude, who smirked smugly "Geodude" rolling her eyes she pulled out a Pokeball "Go!" she tossed it at the Pidgey and watched as the red and white ball rocked back and forth tauntingly, she hoped she would soon hear that musical chime that indicated the Pokemon was successfully caught.

(OOC: I'd like to catch the Pidgey please =3)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back