• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terra: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
Years
  • OOC: I'm going to completely catch the Meowth if that's OK? Because I need it XD.

Sapphire smiled after hearing she has an Ultra ball. There was more than enough power in that ball to capture a low leveled Pokémon such as this meowth. Sapphire thought for a moment, it would be a lot better if she at least tried to weaken it. She looked around and saw a rock. Her hand scooped it up and then with slight power she through it at the cream-furred Pokémon. The Meowth turned to her and glared. It's eyes narrowed and the claws of it's paws pounced out. Sapphire shivered slightly as she connected eyes with the creature. "Bad idea!" Sapphire squealed under her breath. She took the ball and with quite a bit of accuracy through it at the Pokémon. She shut her eyes tight and Tek came over to her and with a firm hand patted her on the back. "Urgh, thanks Tek." Suddenly there was a loud beep. Sapphire's eyes shot open and the ball sat there.

"Did... I catch it?" Sapphire tilted her head and soon smiled as she walked over to the ball and picked it up. "I did!" She announced as she felt the weighted Pokéball. Once she had celebrated, she called out her new Pokémon. It looked up at her and had a little bump on it's head. Sapphire looked a little guilty and slowly petted it and smiled wearily. The Meowth slightly twitched, but soon warmed up to the soft caressing of it's fur. "What should I call you then?" She closed her eyes in thought. Tek's name came from a psychic ability because it was a psychic Pokémon... But Meowth was a normal type. She opened her eyes and took in the appearance of the cat. It had a rather grumpy look on it's face from the bump on it's head. She then remembered how her brother normally pulled the same face. "I'll call you Gilbert. After my big brother." Gilbert turned to the side and licked the back of it's paw. It then turned to Sapphire and, smiled? It seemed like a smile anyway. "Gilbert, Tek, please make friends." Gilbert wandered over to the sleepy Abra. It looked at it and then it's claws popped out once again. It raised back it's paw and slashed forward onto Tek. "Gilbert! Don't use scratch on my Pokémon!" But it was alright, Tek had used teleport and avoided the attack. "Tek? Where are you." It appeared behind the Pokémon and simply hit it on the back of the head. It wasn't an attack of any kind, just a simple form of discipline.

The tall grass began to wiggle. Out ran a small purple Pokémon in front of Sapphire. "Tek! I want you to watch this so you can gain experience too!" Sapphire pushed Gilbert out in front of her. "Gilbert! I want you to use growl and then follow it up with a harsh scratch attack!" Gilbert nodded and rushed at the small rat Pokémon. While Gilbert used it's growl to startle the purple Pokémon, Sapphire used the Pokédex to identify it.

"Rattata, the rodent Pokémon. This Pokémon likes to run around in forests mostly, and plays tricks on stupid trainers." Sapphire raised an eyebrow and watched a sharp scratch land on the small creature. It rolled backwards and landed flat on it's stomach.

"Alright Gilbert! Two more scratches should be fine enough!" Gilbert nodded and with quite a lot of speed ran at the small creature. It's paw crushed it against the floor and the rat wriggled trying to get free. The Meowth was extremely violent, and this made Sapphire a little worried... but she just related it to the way Gilbert trained his Pokémon. She smiled and decided that the name was perfect for this little cat. Then the next scratch was about to me omitted.

"Go on Gilbert! There's no point in catching it so just FINISH IT!" Sapphire smiled and waited.
    OOC: I'm going to completely catch the Meowth if that's OK? Because I need it XD.

Sapphire smiled after hearing she has an Ultra ball. There was more than enough power in that ball to capture a low leveled Pokémon such as this meowth. Sapphire thought for a moment, it would be a lot better if she at least tried to weaken it. She looked around and saw a rock. Her hand scooped it up and then with slight power she through it at the cream-furred Pokémon. The Meowth turned to her and glared. It's eyes narrowed and the claws of it's paws pounced out. Sapphire shivered slightly as she connected eyes with the creature. "Bad idea!" Sapphire squealed under her breath. She took the ball and with quite a bit of accuracy through it at the Pokémon. She shut her eyes tight and Tek came over to her and with a firm hand patted her on the back. "Urgh, thanks Tek." Suddenly there was a loud beep. Sapphire's eyes shot open and the ball sat there.

"Did... I catch it?" Sapphire tilted her head and soon smiled as she walked over to the ball and picked it up. "I did!" She announced as she felt the weighted Pokéball. Once she had celebrated, she called out her new Pokémon. It looked up at her and had a little bump on it's head. Sapphire looked a little guilty and slowly petted it and smiled wearily. The Meowth slightly twitched, but soon warmed up to the soft caressing of it's fur. "What should I call you then?" She closed her eyes in thought. Tek's name came from a psychic ability because it was a psychic Pokémon... But Meowth was a normal type. She opened her eyes and took in the appearance of the cat. It had a rather grumpy look on it's face from the bump on it's head. She then remembered how her brother normally pulled the same face. "I'll call you Gilbert. After my big brother." Gilbert turned to the side and licked the back of it's paw. It then turned to Sapphire and, smiled? It seemed like a smile anyway. "Gilbert, Tek, please make friends." Gilbert wandered over to the sleepy Abra. It looked at it and then it's claws popped out once again. It raised back it's paw and slashed forward onto Tek. "Gilbert! Don't use scratch on my Pokémon!" But it was alright, Tek had used teleport and avoided the attack. "Tek? Where are you." It appeared behind the Pokémon and simply hit it on the back of the head. It wasn't an attack of any kind, just a simple form of discipline.

The tall grass began to wiggle. Out ran a small purple Pokémon in front of Sapphire. "Tek! I want you to watch this so you can gain experience too!" Sapphire pushed Gilbert out in front of her. "Gilbert! I want you to use growl and then follow it up with a harsh scratch attack!" Gilbert nodded and rushed at the small rat Pokémon. While Gilbert used it's growl to startle the purple Pokémon, Sapphire used the Pokédex to identify it.

"Rattata, the rodent Pokémon. This Pokémon likes to run around in forests mostly, and plays tricks on stupid trainers." Sapphire raised an eyebrow and watched a sharp scratch land on the small creature. It rolled backwards and landed flat on it's stomach.

"Alright Gilbert! Two more scratches should be fine enough!" Gilbert nodded and with quite a lot of speed ran at the small creature. It's paw crushed it against the floor and the rat wriggled trying to get free. The Meowth was extremely violent, and this made Sapphire a little worried... but she just related it to the way Gilbert trained his Pokémon. She smiled and decided that the name was perfect for this little cat. Then the next scratch was about to me omitted.

"Go on Gilbert! There's no point in catching it so just FINISH IT!" Sapphire smiled and waited.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    ShadowYashi:

The ball rocked back and forth, back and forth, back in forth before halting in place, seemingly staring at the trainer who threw the Poké Ball. As if breathing a sigh of relief, the middle button turned yellow and the Pokémon was caught.

Hitomi captured a Pidgey!

UraharaSteph:

The Ultra Ball's programming was simply too much for the small creature who was easily taken in.
    The Meowth's faithful claw proved that Pokémon mirrored the real world: Just as in a game of cat-and-mouse, the Rattata was defeated.

Sapphire captured a Meowth!
    Result: Victory
    Meowth advanced to L6.
    Abra advanced to L6.

Leaderboards have been updated!

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • "Awesome! I caught Pidgey!"

Hitomi grinned while Geodude rolled his eyes and began floating away "H-ey! Where are you going, I'm the leader here!" Geodude just waved her off, leaving out of Gaia Park, heading towards Route 401 "Gahh Geodude get back here you jerk!!" Hitomi chased after her Geodude who was laughing while it floated away from the dorky looking brunette "Geo. Geo. Geo."

"Geodude! That was so not cool!"

Hitomi panted and placed her hands on her knees as she stopped to take a breath, she had chased Geodude all the was to Route 401 and now the rock was floating in the middle of the path, he didn't even look tired "Then again, he a floating rock, its not like he's using any leg muscle" she frowned distastefully at her smirking Geodude "Alright, listen here boulder brains, we've gotta set some rules, I am your trainer after all" she sneered at the rock type, who pillowed his bulky arms behind his head, looking rather lazy as he stared blankly at Hitomi.

"Gahh your not even listening are you!?"

"Geo?" Geodude blinked and Hitomi had to resist the urge to pull her hair out, this was one frustratingly stubborn Geodude, real cocky too "Maybe I should've chosen a Bulbasaur instead" she mumbled glancing around the area. To the left, were trees as far as the eye could see and to the right, was a pond brimming with Magikarp. Straight ahead, was a path leading to the horizon and a huge mansion. "Woah, talk about spooky... this place must be a killer at night" glancing off to the side she noticed a deep ditch, curious, Hitomi walked towards it, with Geodude at her heels.

"Wow, I wonder what made this crater" she whistled, noticing Geodude was peering cautiously into the ditch as well, a sly grin crept on her face "He is so gonna hate me for this, but the look on his face would be totally worth it" Hitomi snickered before her foot "accidentally" nudged her leaning Geodude, causing the rock to tumble into the ditch, he fell to the bottom of the pit with a harsh thud and a loud groan.

"Geoooo"

"Oops! Sorry Geodude!" the rock shook himself and glared up at Hitomi, he had a feeling that his fall was no accident , he'd get her just wait "Oh no need to be a spoiled sport, now get your gravely butt back up here" Geodude sneered at Hitomi before grunting and began making his way up the steep slope of the ditch, only to be stopped by a kick to the face "Kyyyeee!!"

"Geodude!" Hitomi gasped as she watched her Geodude get knocked back down to the bottom of the pit, a pissed looking Mankey blocked his way back up the hill, she had to squint her eyes a bit and noticed the Mankey was sporting a large egg-sized lump and Hitomi felt bad "Erk I think when I kicked Geodude he fell on that Mankey...." she felt a bead of sweat drop down the side of her face as Geodude glared at the Mankey, who leered at him "Geodude get up here! Your no match for that Mankey!" Geodude shook his head no, ignoring her orders he charged at the tan monkey, rushing the fighting type in the stomach with a well placed tackle.

"Keyy!" The Mankey skidded back a few feet from Geodude due to the tackle, before it gave an angry cry and charged at the floating rock, it had its claws extended, ready to swipe at Geodude "Dodge it" Geodude faked left and right to avoid getting scratched, but what neither Hitomi nor Geodude expected was for the Mankey to aim a scratch at Geodude before quickly switching up and bringing its leg up and kicking Geodude, sending the rock flying, right out the ditch and beside Hitomi.

"Geoo" Geodude groaned and staggered to his... umm feet? Err floated? Anyway, Mankey followed Geodude out the ditch and sneered at the rock "Hey Mankey! Leave Geodude alone, it was an accident, I was the one who knocked him down there in the first place and I'm sorry" she stood protectively infront of the fuming monkey, who refused to listen "Kyyaaa!" its fur trembled violently as it glared at her and Geodude "Fine. Geodude you stay out of this one" she pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it to the ground "Ace I choose you!"

He recently captured Pidgey popped out of the ball, spreading its wing span as it circled the area once before hovering infront of Hitomi "Alright Ace" Pidgey tilted its head to the side, blinking at the nickname "Its your name, Ace" she waved him off and pointed at the Mankey before them "But we can worry about that later, now I just want you to fight this guy, since your a flying type you'll have a great type advantage. Now I want you to start off with tackle!"

Ace nodded and zoomed at Mankey, ramming its body right into the monkey's torso, sending the monkey stumbling back and hitting a nearby tree "Mankey!" it quickly shot up and ran angrily at Ace, who weaved and veered out of the way of the monkey's furious scratches and kicks "Haha that's the way to do it Ace!" Mankey snarled and jumped away from the bird, closing its eyes in concentration as it channeled it energy "That's Focus Energy" Hitomi gaped, watching as the Mankey's fur began to glow red "Ace, when that Mankey's finished focusing and it opens it eyes, I want you to use Sand-Attack!"

Ace nodded and readied itself. Mankey took several deep breaths as it focused all its energy "Man!" Mankey's eyes snapped open and it attempted to lash out at Ace, but doing as his trainer told, the Pidgey flapped its wings and kicked up a stream of sand, that shot itself right in Mankey's eyes, temporarily blinding the tan primate, who shrieked and began spazzing out, trying to fling the sand out of its eyes "Tackle!" Ace charged at the Mankey while it was blinded, ramming his head into the Mankey's torso, sending the Mankey tumbling back again.

"Mankey!!" Through half blinded vision, Mankey shot back up and charged at Ace, landing a kick squarely on the bird's breast, this effectively knocked the wind out of the bird, Ace gasped as he fell to the ground, trying to catch his breath, Mankey was leering at Ace, rage appearant in its red eyes, due to the sand that was in them "Gey-Gey" Ace panted as it staggeringly hovered in the air, that kick did a number on the bird "Crap... that is one aggressive Mankey... it doesn't even look all that tired"

She stared at the Mankey, who glared back, it was panting yes, but it didn't look as winded as Geodude or Ace were, but that was probably because of its anger, all that aggressiveness is probably the only thing keeping that monkey standing right now "Crud, I don't want to lose two Pokemon in this fight" she was thinking about switching Ace for Geodude "I'll just have to catch the thing and go find a Pokemon Center" she mumbled, having a feeling this Mankey would not let them go if she gave up now.

Pulling out a Pokeball, she tossed it at the fuming primate who was instantly sucked into the ball by a beam of red light "I hope I catch it" Hitomi, Ace and Geodude watched the ball rock back and forth with baited breaths, they were going to head south after this, to the nearest Pokemon Center or a berry bush hopefully.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    The ball, having just been thrown at the wild Mankey, wobbled back and forth twice before exploding into a puff of smoke. The angry Mankey emerged, shouting it's name repeatedly. Suddenly, if lifted its hands to his mouth and shouted louder: "MAAANKEY! MANKEY!". As if provoking an avalanche, about twelve more of the creature rushed out to aid their fallen friend. They all glared menacingly at the trainer, who now seemed so very alone.

DANGER MODE!
    Objective: Elude the Mankeys and find your way to safety!
    Reward:
    Each Pokémon on your team gains a level.

[Danger Mode is a special event that occurs throughout this RP. In danger mode, the life of a trainer is somehow threatened. To escape danger mode, you must roleplay your character using their wits to escape the situation. The more detailed and realistic the attempt is, the more likely the character will succeed. While losing danger mode is not deadly, it can have dire consequences. Among these are losses of Pokémon, money, and items, and other effects. To stay safe, write as detailed an escape as possible!]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Sorry for the length

"So todays the day." Kritis thought to himself laying on his hotel bed in Terra Town. Kritis got ready to go to the PokePower Lab home to the renowned, Dr. Thompson. He slipped on his favorite pair of red runners, a white t-shirt, and a pair of black cargo pants.

After walking through the city and eating breakfast Kritis made his way to the PokePower Lab around noon. *Knock knock*

"Come on in."

Kritis walked towards the man on his computer. "Ahem, um helloooooooooooo."

"Ahhhh, why hello there you must be a trainer about my ad in the Delibird Delivery. Yes step this way"

Kritis walked down the long white hallway and followed the Prof. to a room on his left. Laying there on a star shaped mechanism was 2 remaining Pokeballs.

"So this is all the remaining Pokemon a Squirtle and a Charmander. Alright I guess I'll just take a random pick...this one. So I guess Charmander will be my starting Pokemon.

"Oh and before you leave um... Kritis you said your name was? Right here take this bag it contains a Pokedex equipped with a tracker that teleports you to the nearest Pokemon Center if you do not report in at least 72 hours, so to make sure this doesn't happen I recommend using your Pokedex every 48 hours. Also there is 5 Pokeballs in there so you can catch wild Pokemon, and on that note I wish you luck young friend."

"A'ight see ya around Professor" After walking around Kritis found his way to a park where people was playing with their Pokemon and fighting wild Pokemon.

"Well come on out Charmander!"

"Char-mander, Char."

"Alright lets find something to fight Charmander. You know you really should have a nickname."

"Char?"

"Never mind that Charmander theres a wild Pidgey coming right at us! Alright now Charmander lets do an all out assault keep um... scratching it!!!

Charmander waited for Pidgey to get within arms reach then let out a fury a scratches. Pidgey just a bit dinged up, looped past Charmander and did a nose dive straight for Charmanders head then started pecking Charmander. Charmander started running away screaming and crying.

"Errr, Charmander stop, turn around, and start scratching Pidgey again!"

Charmander stopped and Pidgey backed away holding it's ground. Charmander reered it's hind legs and started a full out sprint towards Pidgey with it's claws at the ready. Charmander lashed out at Pidgey but it was too fast, jumping over Charmander, Pidgey quickly turned around and pecked at Charmander in the back.

"Quick Charmander come back we need a change it tactics. Hey there buddy how ya holding up?" Charmander gave out a little grunt that probably went along the lines of, I'd be doing better if I didn't have you yelling at me what to do. "Alright buddy you gotta trust me on this one when you go back out there I need you to first growl at Pidgey then scratch it, okay?"
    Charmander let out a little sympathetic whine which meant sure. "Alright let's do this!"

Pidgey sat the anxiously waiting to see what move we would try next, but to its surprise Charmander gave out a loud growl which stopped Pidgey right in its tracks. Charmander followed up with a full on, critical hit scratch attack. Pidgey regained its bearings and tried to tackle Charmander once again but Charmander was too nimble and dodged its attack. Pidgey then tried a different approach by kicking up sand in Charmanders eyes. It looked llike a vicious cycle first Pidgey was better, then Charmander, now its right back to Pidgey. As Charmander was blinded Pidgey took the opportunity and tackled Charmander.

"Charmander don't let that Pidgey get the better of you, listen and wait 'till it's about strike and quickly scratch it."

Using that approach Charmander waited until Pidgey was right in its face and scratched, too bed he was too slow. After a few failed attempts Charmander finally hit Pidgey in the act of attacking when it was the weakest. Pidgey sat there about to collapse waiting to see Charmander would attack, not knowing Charmander was thinking the same thing.

Last edited:

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    [OOC: Eh. A little disappointed. Put a lot more effort into your posts, feel free to use adjectives. Make sure words are spelled correctly and are properly capitalized. Also, you automatically lost that round because you had fewer than the five required paragraphs. The battle was much too short, and you failed to capture the scene. That was only round one, however; I know you can do this. Just up the effort.]

Round One: Pidgey wins!

As the Pidgey lay down, it looked into the eyes of the weary Charmander. It received a second wind and flew up, placing it's talon into the sand and flinging up many particles into the face of the small salamander. The Charmander backed up, hitting a nearby tree. Seizing the moment, the Pidgey flew forward quickly, headbutting the Charmander and knocking the wind out of it. Not wanting to waste this moment, it circled back around and was preparing to Tackle the Charmander again, who sat idly by as if waiting for his defeat.

[OOC: You see how I spiced up the language to make it easier to "connect with" the battle? Try doing the same. Remember; you wouldn't knock out a Pidgey with a Charmander in Pokémon Red in one hit, even if it was L2. This one is L5. Try again.]

Last edited:

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
  • "Yaay! Victory!" Morgan and Duke did a silly hopping dance and left the Rattata behind in the grass which, just as it had recovered enough to stop playing possum, was seized upon and carried off by a Meowth away from the sight of anyone who might object.

=======

What she really wanted, Morgan thought, looking down at the little green dino, was a Pidgey. That would cover some of her starter's inherent weaknesses as a grass and poison type. But the battle wouldn't be easy. She had no intention of seeing Duke get pecked to death, and that was exactly what would happen if she sent him out against a flying-type. He could tackle pretty well, sure, but that wouldn't be much help against a foe with wings. If only Duke had some more experience, or more attacks...

Something was lurking in shadows at the side of her vision, under the bushes that lined the path. Morgan peered closer and discovered that they were being watched by a multitude of Meowth. She counted four. They were everywhere once you knew where to look, patches of cream fur dipping in and out of sunlight, whiskers turning to and fro, large black eyes blinking. They were just about Duke's size, unfortunately. More strategy would be necessary. Morgan's neighbour back home owned a Meowth, and she knew those things had sharp claws.

A golden gleam from the head of one Meowth reminded her of something else. She kneeled in the grass to work out a skeleton of a plan. The cats watched her. Duke sniffed at a curious weed but soon grew tired of waiting.

"Bulba bulba?"

Morgan lowered her voice to a stage whisper. "Wait. So, here's the plan. You see that kitty? You get behind it, really quietly, while I distract it from this end with something shiny. When it has its back to you, ram it for all you're worth. Remember, if it starts clawing you, knock it off balance."

"Bulba-saur!"

"Shh...really quiet. Go!"

Duke set off through the high weeds. The grass he tramped down with each foot step quickly straightened up behind him. It was fortunate that he was a pleasant, pea pod shade of green. Only the rustling of seed heads betrayed his presence.

Meanwhile, Morgan tossed off her hat and bag as unnecessary baggage (also, it was getting really, really hot) and reached for the coin purse in her pocket, extracting a large, round, shiny coin. She turned it to and fro between her fingers, admiring how the sun gleamed off its serrated edge. The eyes of all the Meowth were on her.

{{Getting late, will finish tomorrow.

For the record, are we allowed to fight one wild Pokemon with two of our own, splitting the experience between them?}}

UraharaSteph

Years
  • The lights in the rat's eyes faded a little and it's small limbs twitched as it was unable to battle. Gilbert sat down and licked the back of it's paw, it's cream fur ruffled up against it's sandpaper-like tongue. Even though it's stare was quite intimidating, it was still an adorable creature. Sapphire sat down beside it and stroked it's head. Gilbert rubbed it's head against it's trainer's hand and let out a small purr. Tek, the Abra who also had experience from that battle just by watching, came over and sat down on Sapphire's leg. Both of the creature's cat-like ears twitched as Sapphire let out a small giggle. "You did brilliantly, Gilbert." She praised the cat as she pulled out a small tissue and wiped the dust away from the amulet on the it's head. The gold sparkled and Gilbert once again rubbed his head against his Mistress. "Well I guess we've spent enough time in this little park. Our adventure really has to begin now. Gilbert return to your Pokéball please." Sapphire held out Gilbert's Pokéball and the a red ray beamed forth from the center of it. Gilbert looked up and gave it's signature glare with what could only be described as a smile, before being engulfed in the light and ultimately disappearing from sight. Sapphire then turned to the Abra. "Now physical exercise will be good for you, so..." She started while holding out her hand. "I want you to walk a long side me for a while." She took a hold of Tek's hand and then stood up bringing him with her. Tek was standing beside her on two legs, look very dazed and as though it wanted to just curl up into a ball and sleep.

Terra City is extremely huge, so finding a Pokemon center was pretty hard, but once that huge red roof was spotted all was well. Sapphire entered the building and visited the nurse at the front desk. She handed Gilbert's Pokéball to the Nurse who smiled politely and took the ball. "I know my little Meowth isn't in a dire emergency state, I just want him to be in the tip top shape when we make our way out to route 401." Sapphire stated while rubbing Tek's head. "And Tek hasn't been in a battle yet so he's perfectly alright." Tek looked up at his Mistress and yawned a little. The tired Pokémon only wanted to sleep, but Sapphire wanted him to be up and about. Eventually she gave into the sad look the Pokémon omitted and she returned Tek to the Pokéball where he appeared to be very happy. The nurse stated that it would be some time before Meowth got treated, so Sapphire headed to the shop opposite. The blue roof and the big sign saying 'Mart' made it clear that it was a Pokémart. She entered and picked up a potion. She walked to the counter and passed them over with the money which came to 250. When she got the potion back it went straight into her bag and it was time to go and pick up Gilbert. She wandered into the center and Gilbert was soon at her side.

"It's time to get out onto the route then I guess." Sapphire almost sighed as she went on her way to the route 401. With two Pokémon by her side, you would assume she'd be happy. She even defeated a wild Pokémon and gained some experience for both Tek and Gilbert. Something was not the same though. It had never been the same since Gilbert, her brother that is, took Vaporeon away to go on his kanto journey with. Sapphire had experienced quite a bit of loneliness with out her faithful friend. She shook her head and tried to get rid of the negative thought. When she was stronger and had as many badges as her brother had, she would tempt Gilbert into a trade and get back her Pokémon. Vaporeon belonged to her, but she knew she wouldn't be able to use him in an adventure such as this while she would probably find it hard to care for level 5 pokémon. That was a point. All the Pokémon she had with her was now level 6. She smiled. It frightened her a little bit, but as long as she showed her strength as a trainer they should keep loyalty to her.

"Eh? Am I here already?" Sapphire questioned herself as she stood on the edge of Terra City looking out at the long path that on the map had been named 'Route 401'. "I've finally made it here then." She breathed in the air and ran out into the cleaner air. Being out of the busy city had brought her quite a bit of joy and she was relived to feel the clean oxygen and slight carbon brush through her hair and tingle against her cheeks. "This place is amazing." Being a Kanto girl, it's obvious to say that she had only been interested in the kanto setting and knew it like the back of her hand coming from Saffron City. She would often go out and explore the places around her, but none of them was quite like this route in front of her. She rushed over to a pond and peered in side. There seemed to be fish swimming around in there. Pokémon undoubtedly. She placed her bag on the floor next to her and she dipped her hand into it and scooped out an old oak stick that had a string attached to it. She remembered obtaining it after meeting a fishing Guru and beating him in a battle using, what was back then, just an eevee. She stated that the rod wasn't entirely that good and would only be able to fish out useless Pokémon named Magikarp. This did not bother Sapphire, the only thing she wanted to do was hook one, defeat it, and share the experience between Gilbert and Tek. She placed a little something on the end of the string and then threw it into the water. She watched it sink and all she had to do was wait for a little while.

"Gilbert, Tek I want you to come out." Sapphire grabbed their Pokéballs and freed them from the objects. Gilbert sat beside her and growled a little before licking it's paw as it always did. Tek was doing nothing but snoring. "Wake up Tek..." She whispered in an annoyed tone. Tek opened it's eyes and they shone yellow. It was still observing even through it's sleep. Sapphire just gave out a giggle and then suddenly felt a pull on the stick. She widened her eyes and then pulled on it, standing up and dragging a heavy creature out into the air. "Gilbert! Scratch attack!" Gilbert jumped into the air and readied it's claws. They shone in the afternoon light and as they came down on the fish like Pokémon, it simply flopped out of the way. "What the?! What an annoying Pokémon." She grumbled. "Gil'! Chase after that thing! Scratch it as many times as you can!" The Meowth did as it was told and kept lashing out powerful scratches. The fish constantly kept flopping about and jumped out of the way of each attack. A vein appeared on Gilbert's forehead and it's eyes narrowed as it continued to chase the thing around. Finally, it was becoming weak with out the water. "Right now is your chance Gilbert! Scratch it free times and then use growl to make it jump back in the water! After all we don't want it dying do we?" Sapphire smiled.

Gilbert's amulet shined and blinded the poor creature. One harsh scratch pierced it's scales, and then the second scratch didn't do much harm at all. The third scratch tore off one of the creature's whiskers. Sapphire gasped as she watched the creature yelp in pain. "Gilbert please! Just push it back into the water now. Forget about the growl. I think it's been hurt enough." Gilbert looked at it's Mistress and reluctantly nodded. Using it's paw it gently pushed it back into the pond where it took in a breathe and rose to the surface. The magikarp's eyes popped out of the water. Was it going to attempt an attack or was it about to faint? Even Tek was watching closely to see what would happen.

(OOC: Defeat please~)

Last edited:

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    The Magikarp, severely weakened, was dropped back into the river and swam away quickly, nearly toppling over.

Result: Victory!
    Meowth grew to L7!
    Abra grew to L7!
    Received M.Scale x1

Meowth learned Bite!
    Meowth learned Fake Out!

[OOC: I realize Fake Out is supposed to be for L9, but I didn't give you Bite at L6 so I figured it would help out a bit.]

/-/-/

Maxx, having rode his bike for a half hour, had finally come to the telltale sign that let him know he was headed toward Rt. 402, where he planned to continue heading south to February Town. His Pokémon, having rested for awhile, were back in top condition and ready for battle.

[Route 402 added to Route List in OOC Thread!]

Upon entering the deep forest, Maxx looked around at his surroundings. The paved path from Route 401 had metamorphosed into a beaten dirt path. On both sides of the aging path was a deep thicket, brimming with Pokémon life. Among the sounds were the cries of Caterpie and Weedle, and in the distance even a Scyther could be heard. Maxx figured a creature such as Scyther would be impossible to catch given his current team, but made a mental note to come back later to retrieve the useful Pokémon. He had a certain Pokémon in mind that would help in the upcoming gym battles: the male Nidoran. He knew that male Nidoran would crowd around the female variety, to attempt to impress it. He sneaked about, looking for the long horn of the small purple Pokémon, while simultaneously releasing Cubone.

Cubone, bone.

Cubone had found a Nidoran female. Perfect. Sure enough, right behind a nearby tree, a male Nidoran was set to make its move. "Cubone, use your Bone Club attack, now!". The Cubone rushed up to the poison Pokémon, and, using it's bone, crashed into the Nidoran's head. The Nidoran, utterly stunned, was pushed back. It shook off the attack, and lowered its horn, ready for attack. It began charging up its attack power, and began looking fiercer.

"Cubone: when it charges, I want you to use Growl. We have to undo the effects of its Focus Energy attack. You'll need expert tim-". The Pokémon trainer was cut off, as the Nidoran charged toward the Cubone with its horn being used like a spear. The Cubone, still waiting for its orders, responded too late to the attack and missed the Growl, taking a horn to the gut. It lurched back, hitting a tree, looking dazed.

"You're fine, Cubone. Growl, now! Follow up with a Bone Club to the gut and keep attacking if you make contact!". The trainer grabbed hold of his other Pokémon containing Eevee and released him behind his back, ready to take Cubone's place if necessary. The Cubone let loose a whiny Growl, which temporarily caused the Nidoran to lose focus. It followed up as ordered with a Bone Club to Nidoran's gut, who took the attack full force. Not wanting to miss this opportunity, Cubone let loose another Bone Club to the other side, knocking the Nidoran down. The type effectiveness proved too much. Maxx grabbed an empty Poké Ball and threw it at the Nidoran's weakened body. In a flash of red light, Maxx had added another Pokémon to his team.

"Good job, Cubone. You'll prove to be a good choice down the road", the trainer commented, while returning it to it's Poké Ball. Next, Maxx bent down, stroking his Eevee's forehead. "Eevee, you need some experience as well. Why don't we take on a Metapod? Go over to that tree and Tackle it a few times". The Eevee, happy to oblige, assaulted the tree numerous times, until eventually a dark green crescent shaped creature fell down.

"That's a Metapod, the cocoon form of Caterpie. Since it's wild, it will only be able to use Harden. All you have to to is continually tackle it, until it gives up. Now, go! Tackle!". The Eevee rushed toward the Metapod, who foresaw the attack and created a rock-like exterior on its skin. It only felt twenty percent of the blow. "Again Eevee, repeat the attack. Go!", Maxx said, as he released his weakened Nidoran to view the battle. The Eevee charged forward, hitting it again.

In response, the Metapod used harden once more. Its defense was now through the roof, and it took two more of Eevee's blows as if they were cotton candy falling from the sky. Eevee, not wanting to give up, continued it's assault relentlessly. Eventually, the Eevee was noticeably tired, and the Metapod looked as if it was fine. "Eevee, I have a plan. Tackle twice more then use Tail Whip! Now, Nidoran, I know you are tired, but I need you to charge up your energy. Focus Energy!". The Eevee, understanding the battle plan, rested another moment before charging into the Metapod once more. Next, it whipped it's tail and headed toward its trainer.

"Good. Now Nidoran, pierce the outer shell! Peck!". The weakened Nidoran walked over to the cocoon Pokémon, and with a swift headbutt, pierced it, knocking it unconscious. "Good job guys, you can rest". Maxx recalled all of his Pokémon, and mounted his bike, heading south toward February Town, feeling energized.

Maxx captured a Nidoran
    !
    Eevee advanced to L8!
    Nidoran
    advanced to L8!
    Eevee learned Sand-Attack!

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Hitomi Ace and Geodude watched the ball rock back and forth violently, before exploding into a puff of smoke. The angry Mankey then emerged from the smoke, shouting. Suddenly, if lifted its hands to his mouth and shouted louder: "MAAANKEY! MANKEY!". As if provoking an avalanche, about twelve more Mankey's rushed out to aid their fallen friend. They all glared menacingly at the trio, who looked back with wide eyes.

"Ho-Crap!"

Hitomi squeaked and stared at the cluster of Mankey, no one moved a muscle but Hitomi, who swallowed thickly and began inching her way backwards, with Ace and Geodude following suit that had only managed to make it about 3 millimeters away from their previous spot before the Mankey gave a shrill warlike shriek and charged after the trio. Hitomi screamed and turned tail running, along with Geodude and Ace right beside her, the gaggle of monkey's hot on their tails and they ran through a thick forest.

"How the heck are we supposed to get away from these things!" Hitomi and her Pokemon bobbed and weaved through trees, hoping to slow the Mankey's down, but it proved to be futile, due to the fact that they practically knew this place like the back of their hands, glancing behind, she noticed the Mankey's were gaining ground quickly, they hopped from tree to tree, easily catching up with the trio "Crud... Ace I need you to whip me a a big Sand-Attack, something to cover us while we think of an escape plan got it?"

The Pidgey nodded and stopped flying while Hitomi and Geodude kept on straight, Ace flapped its wings, bringing up a veil of sand that blinded the Mankey's while they ducked under the underbrush of a near by bush, keeping still and quite until the Mankey's ran over head of them through the tree "Whew" Hitomi gave a sigh of relief and allowed her Pidgey to perch on her shoulder while Geodude levitated by her side "Geo. Geo." he wasn't in pain anymore, but now he just looked winded and worn, most likely from the running.

"Okay, we've got a bit of time to think, so we need to figure out how we're gonna escape these Mankey's" Hitomi bit her lip thoughtfully and fidgeted with her skirt, she glanced up in the tree's, looking for anything that they might be able to use to dissuade the angry pigs. "Mankey!Mannkyaa!" Crap! One of the Makey's found them and had shrieked, alerting the others, whom quickly appeared before them, three of the Mankey's had jumped down off the branch above them, rearing to attack "Crap Ace! Use Sand-Attack and don't stop til I say so" Ace nodded and began flapping its wings, whipping up another veil of sand.

Hitomi groaned, her Pokemon were hardly in any condition to battle, especially with a group of anger driven Mankey's, but until she figured out how she was going to get rid of them, they'd have to keep stalling for time, while Pidgey took care of blinding the Mankey's Hitomi pulled Geodude behind a tree, having spotted some vines in one of the many trees that covered the area "Geodude... while Ace is distracting them with Sand-Attack, I need you to help me make a net, now we've gotta work fast, Ace can't hold out for long" nodding, Geodude floated up the tree, where several vines were hanging haphazardly and tossed them down to Hitomi who began stringing them together "Here" she tossed some vines to Geodude, who followed her example and awkwardly began to thread the vines together.

Several moments later, the net was finished, it was large enough to hold the group of monkey's, not forever but long enough for them to escape, she had tied some rocks to the four ends, so it would hold them down "Alright Ace, you can stop sanding them now!" Ace halted abruptly and the Sand stopped flying, he drifted down towards Hitomi's shoulder, resting his wings from all the flapping. After the sand had cleared the Mankey glared down at them "Keeyy!!!" three Mankey from the group reared and attacked, leaping from a branch they threw themselves at Hitomi and her Pokemon.

"Quickly!" she pointed at the Mankey "Both of you use tackle!"

Geodude and Ace nodded, preforming a combined tackle attack that sent the three Mankey's flying back towards the group, sending them tumbling to the ground in a tangled heap of limbs "Now!" and before they could untangled themselves, Hitomi and Geodude tossed the makeshift net over the Mankey's, who screeched and untangled themselves trying to escape "Good job you two, now lets get moving!" with that said Hitomi and her Pokemon quickly ran off managing to make it away safely from the group of Mankey's, who were a bit tied up she scanned the trees around her, to make sure none of the Mankey's would pop up and attack her and sighed in relief before making her way down a path that hopefully lead south "At least we won't have to worry about anymore Pokemon attacking us now"

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Danger Mode: Successful!
    Geodude advanced to L6!
    Pidgey advanced to L6!

The Mankeys watched in fury as their prey got away and headed down the path toward Route 402.

[OOC: Wonderful! That is exactly how I imagined the situation would go down. Of course, the person who would have had the easiest time completing this would have been Sapphire, would could have simply used Abra to teleport away. Nonetheless, great job.]

/-/-/

Maxx finally reached his destination: February City. February City is famous for the friendly townsfolk and being the trading capital of Terra. Maxx hoped to find information about the next Gym Leader from some experienced trainer nearby, and maybe even grab a battle. His first destination was of course the Pokémon Center, who promptly healed up his Pokémon. He sat on the booth for awhile, contemplating what his next move should be.

I have a normal type Pokémon, a ground type Pokémon, and a poison type Pokémon. From what I once knew about the March Coast Gym, the leader uses flying and water types. From what I know about the current weaknesses, Cubone will have a lot of trouble. I'm not sure about my other two Pokémon.

As Maxx was thinking to himself, an accomplished looking trainer walked up and introduced himself.

"Hello, good sir. I am Kaiser Johanson, trainer extraordinaire. I was wondering, to complete my collection might you possess a Pinsir? I know they reside in the local forest on Route 402 but i couldn't seem to find one. For you trouble, I could happily give you a Pokémon in return: my Lapras. It is much rarer than the Pinsir, but I must possess all bug Pokémon! Do we have a deal?"

"Err. No, I don't have a Pinsir. Sorry. ...Oh, hey, do you collect badges?", Maxx inquired.

"Oh, drat.", the man said, disappointed. "Oh, why of course! I have six of the eight!", the man exclaimed, boastfully. "What would you like to know?"

"The Gym Leader from March Coast... do you know what his team is?", Maxx asked.

"Hmm. Let me think... I fought Connor about a year and a half ago. Back then, he had four Pokémon. As I recall, he possessed a rather strong Spearow, a Seaking, a Pidgeotto, and a Seel. His Pokémon may have evolved, though Gym Leaders are very busy and seldom go out to level up their Pokémon. I wish you the best of luck!", the man spoke, before walking away.

Those Pokémon are strong, but I can handle them. I could find a rock Pokémon, but preferably I want a strong electric Pokémon that is strong against both types. I know of a place around here that may have electric types. I should check out there, but first grabbing a Paralyze Heal would do me some good.

Maxx wandered over to the Pokémon Mart, and spent 300 for a Paralyze Heal, and then walked to the edge of town, looking out.

Out there, at the very end of Route 403 is a factory. If I were to sneak in, I'm sure many Voltorb and Magnemite would be around for the capture... not to mention my Cubone is resistant to electric!

Maxx sat down, deep in thought.

February Town now posted in Routes and Cities!
    Gym Leader Connor's current team posted in Gym Leader Information!

Last edited:

UraharaSteph

Years
  • Sapphire jumped up into the air while throwing her fist in a victory pose. "Alright! We did it!" She stated with a huge smug smile running across her lips. She looked around the place and then noticed that there was a ditch. She scratched her head and wandered over to it. Upon further inspection the thing was moving! "Oh my..." Sapphire stated. Now, a ditch that moved, and I mean wiggled about and shifted the earth, would normally scare most people. However, Sapphire seemed to be quite calm by the fact that the ditch was moving. She walked closer to it and studied it's movements and her ears, just like a cat's, twitched at the sweet cute sound of Pokémon singing as the worked on digging holes. "Gilbert, Tek, can you hear that?" She asked as the two Pokémon walked over to her side,Gilbert carrying the rod that seemed to have snapped a little by the weight of the magikarp they had previously hauled up. Tek looked down at the ditch, and then moved a hand up to point to the side of Sapphire's bag.

"Aaaaaaaaaabraaaaaaa." It slowly said while it's eyes glowed and her bag started to open. Sapphire freaked out a little wandering what on earth her Pokémon was doing, but it was clear when a red device soon floated out of the bag and landed in Sapphire's palm. She sighed in relief and with her free hand wiped the bead of sweat away from her eyebrows. She opened up the Pokédex that had just been fetched for her by her trusty psychic companion.

"Diglet, the ground type Pokémon. Not much is known about this Pokémon as it spends most of it's time digging, underground." The mechanical voice announced. Sapphire just pulled a weird face at the description the Pokédex gave her. A ground type pokémon wasn't exactly her type so she just reached out a hand to pet one of them. Although, every time she got close to patting one, it would duck back into it's hole. For a while, her hand was chasing them around as though she was playing some mad 'whack the weasel' game. Her eyes were beginning to pop out a little, and her face growing slightly red as she kept making grumbles of annoyed sounds as the speed of her hand was increasing trying to chase after the creatures. Finally, she's given up and her whole body began to twitch with annoyance. "I'm gonna save you the bother Gilbert." Sapphire started. "It'd be too much hassle just to battle against these Pokémon for experience... don't get me started on how difficult it would be to catch one." Sapphire grumbled and snatched up the old rod from Gilbert before stuffing the 'dex back in her back. The rod was put away and two Pokéballs were soon pulled out. "Come on Tek, Gilbert. I've had enough of playing games on this route. If we head south there should be route 402.... judging by this map." As Sapphire spoke, she pulled out a crumpled up map from her pokect, and opened it up with her teeth. "It should be a forest, and that will be home to some interesting Pokémon." She stated giving Tek and Gilbert a small smile.

The two nodded and returned into their Pokéballs. They started heading out to their next destination which was south through route 402. Forests were normally home to bug Pokémon but there was also the odd lot of Pokémon hanging out there. Sightings of mouse like Pokémon had been seen there such as Pikachus and there were a lot of poisonous types in the forest. Sapphire then came to the entrance. Her eyes gazed upon the towering trees and as she looked down the path, it was obvious to see that the light had been strangled leaving only slight little beams to full down through the trees. Sapphire shivered as she thought about wandering through all that darkness with nothing but Gilbert and Tek... who were away in their Pokéballs. For a short moment, Sapphire debated the idea of letting the two back out of the balls, but she shook her head and disagreed with herself. If she was put in danger herself in the forest, she didn't think it was wise to put the two of them in danger either... Although Tek's teleport would come in handy. Sapphire soon frantically looked around and took in her new surroundings. All that while she had been wondering what to do, she had entered the forest subconsciously. No... that wasn't the case.

Sapphire looked down at the ground. The Earth had been dug up and she had been moved with out her even realizing it. A small creature popped up out of the ground. It was brown and had a cute pink nose. Sapphire raised a fist at it. "Why you! You shouldn't mess around with me like that!" She threatened, and watched as the small creature wiggled with fear and dipped back into the Earth and scurrying off as fast as it could. Sapphire observed how the Earth wandered out of the forest. She then turned around and looked at the Metapods that were all lined up on a tree. Their eyes were shut, and they appeared to be sleeping. Sapphire had realized that her shouting at the diglet may have caused an upset in the quite nature of the forest. Her hand quickly slapped her mouth and she looked around seeing if she had disturbed any Pokémon. Only one was disturbed. A small yellow mouse Pokémon wandered out from a bush. It's eyes were half shut, and it's ears were twitching taking in the sounds. Sparks were flying from it's cheeks, but only ever so slightly. Sapphire's whole body trembled as she recognized this Pokémon to be the electric mouse creature that had sometimes been spotted in the forest. The only thing that came to her mind to do was...

... PANIC! The Pikachu sniffed the air, and the sparks from it's cheeks grew a little. It's carbon black eyes met with Sapphire's royal blue ones. Her body started to make a shattering noise as her teeth and knees started to bash against one another. Her hand reached for Gilbert's pokéball. "G-Gilbert... I-I think I need you." The Pikachu wandered closer to the terrified beginner trainer. It's lightening tail raised into the air and then suddenly with nothing Sapphrie could do, the small mouse let out a thundershock. "AHHHH!" Sapphire screamed and barely dodged the attack. A little of her hair got caught by the surrounding static, and was standing on end, making the one side of her hair stick out. "Oh great." She sighed and then threw Gilbert's Pokéball to the ground. A bright light beamed from the ball and all eyes were on the sparkle of the amulet on Gilbert's head. It's tail rose up in the air, and Gilbert hiked it's backside into the air while hissing at the wild mouse.

"Pika?" The sleepy pokémon questioned before giving out what could only be described as a giggle.

"Eh?" Sapphire looked at the Pokémon questioningly. "Are you making fun of Gilbert?" She asked. "I'll show you what cats were put on this Earth to do you stinking pest!" Sapphire pointed at the Pikachu, who simply gave out a yawn. "Stupid cocky attitude." Sapphire moaned and Gilbert also gave out a growl. "Alright Gilbert, lets begin this fight with a bite!" She commanded, watching how Meowth jumped into action, it's mouth parting and it bared its fangs. The Pikachu looked shocked for a moment, but of course such a small and light Pokémon would have much more speed than the Meowth and it dodged the attack with easy. "Gilbert! Watch out for it's electric!" Sapphire shouted in a worried tone as sparks began to fly from it's cheeks. Gilbert had no time to dodge, and all the fur on it's body was standing on end. Gilbert looked like a giant ball of fuzz.

"Pika~Chu~!" The cheek Pokémon wagged it's tail and stuck it's tongue out at both Gilbert and Sapphire. "Ah." The annoyed sound passed Sapphire's lips. "If things get bad Gilbert, I have a Position, so please, give it your all." Sapphire requested, looking deep into Gilbert's serious battle glare. "Alright Gil' lets take this battle up a notch! Use growl and then catch it off guard with a scratch. Pin it to the floor and CHEW ON THE DAMN THING!" Sapphire was really getting fired up through this battle. Determination was sharp and reflected in the pupils of her eyes. Gilbert did what the Mistress commanded. A loud growl was hurt, and hit the Pikachu's sensitive ears. It's paws covered it's ears and Gilbert took this chance to jump in with that scratch. Pikachu dodged it and used a thundershock as a counter, however, this time it was more weak, but Gilbert had already been weakened by the first attack. Again it tried a scratch attack and managed to land it on the mouse Pokémon. IT pinned it to the floor and with it's sharp fangs, Gilbert bit into the creature's ear.

"Alright!" Sapphire smirked, thinking she had the advantage. "Use scratch on those perky red cheeks!" She commanded. There was quite a few spectators to this battle now. Caterpies had gathered around along with some weedle. The metapod had awoke from their nap due to the ruckus that was undergoing right next to them. A couple of Nidoran had also gathered by both female and male. Gilbert raised a sharp claw and sent a slash down it's cheek. The mouse screamed and sent out another thundershock. Gilbert's eyes widened, but moved out the way pretty quick, using a near by tree as a guard. Sapphire closed her eyes, but soon smiled as she noticed Gilbert had used his initiative. "Gilbert, we can't let this one get away from us." She said while feeling a lot more gentle. Gilbert was covered in dirt, and it's fur was slightly burnt in places. It was still willing to fight. It's breath was low and it was feeling a little tired from the earlier chase around with the Magikarp. No matter what the out come was of this battle, Meowth would need that potion she had brought after.

"M-Meowth?" Gilbert looked up at Sapphire, who was studying the Pikachu. It was clearly getting weakened by the battle too. "Meowth! Head at it with a growl and then try a bite at it's body this time!" Sapphire commanded. Gilbert nodded and jumped out from behind the tree. A growl left it's mouth and the Pikachu squealed covering it's poor ears. Gilbert had put all his effort into this dash, and ended up falling half way towards the creature. Sapphire watched her Pokémon fly through the air and quickly thought about using this to her advantage. "Gil' use scratch instead!" The Meowth then planted a scratch across the mouse's face and the added power from Gilbert falling sent Pikachu crashing into a tree behind it. Gilbert's face crashed down into the floor, and he could now only just about stand. Sapphire grabbed and empty ball, kissed it for good look and through it at the Pikachu. "come on. Please." She muttered.

(OOC: Catch if I can please.)

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Pikachu's Capture Attempt

• Catch Rate: 50%
    • Random Numbers: 1-100 (Need an even number to catch)
    • Result: 91

The Poké Ball gracefully flew through the air, missing the electric mouse Pokémon by a mile. Hitting a tree, the Poké Ball exploded into a puff of smoke. Angered, the Pikachu ran over to the damaged Meowth and looked ready to unleash another Thundershock.

Round One: Pikachu

UraharaSteph

Years
  • The Pokéball hand missed. Sapphire had a huge sweat drop running down her forehead. Gilbert looked up at his Mistress rather angered that she had missed the Pokémon. She rubbed the back of her head. The Pikachu was now running back at the injured Meowth. Sparks flew from it's cheeks and Sapphire ran in front of it. The Pikachu did nothing to avoid hitting the human and so the thundershock fell directly on Sapphire. A critical hit. Sapphire shook her head and shivered, not because she was cold though, because she had a weak jolt of electricity running through the nerves of her body. Pikachu was not going to run away just yet, it had put too much effort into the fight. Sapphire shook her head and a tear fell from her eye over the pain from the shock. Her hair was all fuzzed out and her body kept twitching from time to time as the nerves were aggravated. Gilbert pocked his Mistress and she turned around to him pulling out a potion. "Come on... We'll get this son of a... Pikachu." She gave a weak smile and sprayed the potion on the meowth who grumbled at the stinging sensation the medicine had. Sapphire glared at the Pikachu. It was not over until she had ran out of Pokéballs.

"Alright Gilbert, you feeling better?" Gilbert nodded. It was feeling way better. Sapphire nodded and pointed at the foe Pikachu. "we'll hit it again then! Try a bite attack! Then growl!" Sapphire watched as the Meowth for filled her attacks. If only there was a way to paralyze the opponent, that would raise the odds of catching the Pokémon. However, Gilbert nor Tek knew any status affecting moves. She looked around her and noticed a Nidoran, female. "Gilbert! Change your direction of attack! To that Nidoran there!" She pointed at the shocked little creature, and Gilbert did as his Mistress commanded. "Watch out for it's poison points!" Sapphire warned. Gilbert nodded and landed a bite on the poor female Pokémon. The male Nidoran then stood in front of her and glared at Gilbert as though he was protecting the girl. "Fine." Sapphire muttered. "we'll capture this one and then use it to Poison that Pikachu." Sapphire had it all thought out in her head, the problem was if she failed to capture this Pokémon, she'd only have two Pokéballs left and not a status affected Pokémon. She groaned a little and then noticed Gilbert chomping on the opponent.

"Nice work! Now use scratch!" Gilbert nodded and slashed an amazing scratch against the foe. Nidoran the male, didn't know what to do, so it tried to fight back with a peck attack. This failed as Sapphire commanded another scratch from Gil' and it countered the small peck with the horn. The Pikachu was quietly sitting up against a tree, eating an apple and observing the match. Sapphire was glad to see it wasn't running away, but even more pleased that it wasn't interfering with this match either. "Gil' lets just try another bite!" Gilbert bared his fangs and caused the Nidoran to tremble beneath Gilbert as he jumped into the air. His fangs came crashing down and bit deep into the poor creature's neck. It wriggled trying to escape Gilbert's tough grip with his teeth.

"Pika~chuuuu~" Pikachu seemed to snicker. Sapphire glared at it.

"You can shut your mouth. Why laugh?" She asked before kicking it over to the Nidoran and Gilbert. The angered mouse Pokémon had landed on Nidoran's horn so jumped up being startled. Sparks flew furiously from it's rose cheeks and hit both Gilbert and the Nidoran. Sapphire blinked but did not waste this moment and grabbed an empty Pokéball. "Right, I wont miss this time, I have to catch that Nidoran... so I can Poison that Pikachu and catch that Pikachu!" Sapphire rubbed her tired eyes and threw the ball at the fried Nidoran.

(OOC: Sorry if this is lacking, it's 2am in England... I just wanted to make that post XD)

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Nidoran's Capture Attempt

• Catch Rate: 80%
    • Random Numbers: 1-100 (Need a number between 1-80 to catch.)
    • Result: 57

Sapphire captured a Nidoran!

The Pikachu, now afraid of what might occur if it stuck around, seized the opportunity and dashed off through the thicket, evading the attempt and climbing up a tree far away.

Result: Pikachu escaped.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Round Two

Kritis was contemplating his next move for awhile waiting to see if the cunning Pidgey would strike first. Charmander had been panting heavily for awhile from the exhausting battle as the Pidgey was starting to regain the courage and energy to attack again.

"Alright Char hold you ground, wait for Pidgey to charge first, then Growl as loud as you can!"

Pidgey, not wanting to make the same mistake as before, waited for Charmander to make the first move.

"Ummm so are we just gonna wait here forever?" Kritis questioned Pidgey whilst a single sweat drop ran down the left side of his face. "Alright fine Charmander go after Pidgey!"

Charmander started running at Pidgey with his claws swinging violently so Pidgey couldn't counter-attack right away, instead Pidgey just kept flying backwards until Char ran out off energy. Pidgey hurried up flew up to Charmander grabbed him by the armpits with his talons and flew the both of them high into the air and let go of Charmander and started an aerial fight where Pidgey had the advantage.

"Okay this in not good Char can't hear me and he's probably scared of being up that high."

"Char-mander-Char!"

Charmander was obviously scared of heights and being flown straight up didn't help his confidence. Pidgey had looped back and was about to attack Charmander. Charmander, trying to impress his new owner had stopped kicking and screaming and began to focus on Pidgey again. As it grew closer to Char, he quickly made a swimming motion to get behind it and grabbed its wings so it couldn't fly and the two plummeted to the ground. The two were gaining speed and was nearing the ground, Charmander quickly noticed a park bench was right under them and aimed for it thinking it would cause the most damage to the small pigeon.

At the last moment Charmander jumped off of Pidgey and rolled around in the grass looking back at the demolished bench seeing if Pidgey was even going to try to stand up.

Last edited:

UraharaSteph

Years
  • Sapphire's whole body shook. She fell to her knees and a few sparks of electricity was still running through her limbs from the earlier attacks. She watched as the Pikachu ran off terrified of what would happen now she had a poisonous pokémon. Sapphire fell fully to the ground. Her face turned to the side red raw with anger, annoyance and a tiny bit of upset. "I gave it my all..." She whispered but there was only one thing she could truly say when it came down to this. Her dry mouth slowly opened, the worn lips parting as she readied to speak.

"Diglett!"

Sapphire blinked and suddenly jumped up so she landed on her knees. Her head frantically turned around looking for the culprit of the sound. She then saw a hole beside her. The girl's sharp eyes narrowed and she hovered over the defect in the Earth. Her whole being casted a dark shadow of that one little patch of ground, and there was an evil glint in her eyes. "I know you're there you stupid stalker!" Sapphire stated and watched a small Diglett pop up from the ground. It's pulled a cute and amused face and let out what seemed to be a small giggle. Sapphire whacked her hand on the ground next to it. "Don't sneak up on me! I don't have an interest in you so go away!" She commanded, hoping to intimidate the Pokémon. It simply giggled louder and shook it's head. Sapphire gave up. "Fine, follow me to the end of the Earth I'll just not pay attention to you... Stalker." She turned her back on the Pokémon and Gilbert came over to her, holding the ball that had captured the male Nidoran. She stared at it and sighed.

"Diglett!"

A small vein popped out on Sapphire's head, and it slightly twitched as she tried to ignore the thing behind her. "Well I gu-"

"Diglett!"

The small creature announced. Sapphire turned around and stood up. She raised her foot into the air and with amazing strength slammed down her foot towards the Diglett, who simply slithered back into the hole quite quickly. Gilbert cleared it's throat as he could see directly up it's Mistress' skirt, even for a Pokémon that would be an embarrassing moment. "Stupid stalker!" she groaned and walked onwards after taking the ball of Gilbert and returning him to his own ball. All of her Pokémon, and even her herself has cuts and bruises. No, I tell a lie, Tek the Abra was perfectly fine. Sapphire looked down at th ball which now held her new party member. When she was convinced she had made it away from the Diglett, she sat down in the grass and released the new Pokémon from his Pokéball. "Well hello there little one." She smiled and placed a warming hand on his head, making sure to avoid any spot that could be poisoned. She'd already been electrified that day, she didn't want to be stuck with a poison problem either.

"Nido..." The Nidoran looked quite sad. It's eyes curved around Sapphire looking down the path she had just came. Sapphire tilted her head and followed his eyes. She didn't get it, until she remembered how she caught him. That was right. Her eyes were firstly on the female Nidoran, but he got in the way and stood up for the girl defending her. Sapphire didn't worry about gender and caught him instead. She looked down at the little creature and felt a heavy rope tug on her heart. "Was that your girlfriend?" She asked the small creature who didn't reply. "I'm sorry." Her body was weak and trembling. "I took you away from her didn't I?" Sapphire could feel more hurt coming on, as the acids of her stomach churned in an upset manner. "But... I'm sure she can look after herself." Sapphire tried to reassure the creature, even though she had doubts herself about that young female. "And I'm sure you'll enjoy this adventure with me." Sapphire's eyes were glazed over by a small layer of trapped tears. It was true... She had a soft spot when it came to things that circled around love and romance.

"Nido..." The small purple creature looked dramatically into the middle distance. His eyes sparkled with a mirth, and he raised a paw up as though trying to reach his long lost partner. Sapphire watched the mini performance by the actor. His paw was placed onto his chest as he looked into Sapphire's eyes. "Nido.. do do ran." His voice was almost poetic as he described the tragic life that he and his partner lived. At least, that's what Sapphire assumed it was all about. "Nidddoooooo" He fell backwards, a single tear dropping from it's eyes he turned to Sapphire who held out her hand, tears falling from her own eyes. He placed a paw on her hand and looked her directly in the eyes. The connection between the two was bold and growing fast as he whispered in a charm. "Nido... nido rrrran." He tuned his head and closed his eyes while his tongue flopped out of his mouth. The limbs of his body suddenly flopped like a rag doll's and a small withering sound left his mouth as though he was dead.

Bawling came from his audience. Sapphire clapped her hands together as she sobbed over the dramatic story even though she didn't understand a word of it. The little actor got up and bowed many times as Sapphire picked a wild flower that was not harmful and gave it to the little fellow. Realization soon hit her and the tears immediately stopped. She glared at the purple actor and gave him a firm look. "You're not really upset by leaving your partner are you?" The Nidoran shook a little. His secret had been found out. "You didn't even know that female Nidoran did you?" She questioned, not easily being deceived not even by Pokémon she couldn't even understand. The Nidoran shook his head and lowered it ashamed at his lie. "You just wanted to be the hero and make an epic tale about it didn't you?" Nidoran nodded at his new Mistress.

There was a moment of awkward silence before Sapphire suddenly gave out a strong laugh of satisfaction. She clapped her hands together and smiled before giving the new comer a pet on the head. He looked confused and gave a questioning look to Sapphire who continued beaming out a smile towards him. "I think I'll call you Hero then." The Nidoran snickered a little. The performance had tricked Sapphire but not for long. His new Mistress was sharp, but was still naïve enough to believe most things. He rubbed his head against her and smiled liking the new nickname.

Gilbert who was listening to the whole thing in his Pokéball shook in it. He was quite annoyed how he was the only one who had a pretty normal name. Tek came from Telekineses and Hero came from the actions the Nidoran had committed. Why was he stuck with Gilbert? Naming a Pokémon after your brother isn't a very original idea. "Tch." He whispered but thought about what Sapphire had said. Gilbert had the same kind of harsh glare as the Meowth. It didn't know if that was a compliment or something bad, but closed his eyes and drifted away from the subject. His fur was still standing up from the static that had been caused by the earlier fight with Pikachu. The only thing he had on his mind was sleep.

Sapphire looked around the forest. There was nothing more she really wanted. There was slight temptation to capture a caterpie, after all it did look all cute with it's huge eyes. However, if it did not have cute ears, then it was of no interest to Sapphire. She returned Hero and then wandered out of the forest. She desperately needed a Pokémon center and didn't believe there would be one randomly in the forest. The map was pulled out and her eyes scanned it looking for the next town. "February town" She muttered to herself. A pretty odd name, but according to the map the place had did not have a gym. Sapphire sighed a little in relief. A gym may have been too soon for the young trainer.

"I know what I'll do then." She stated closing her eyes momentarily, feeling a little tired as the day was slowly trickling away into evening. "I'll go heel my Pokémon, come back into this place and see if there are any challenges around from other trainers, and then I'll figure out where to kip for tonight." She stated while waltzing into the town.

The Pokémon Center was not hard to find at all. The huge red roof was it's signature, just like in Kanto. She walked in there and passed all her Pokémon over the counter, even Tek. While they were getting all heeled up, Sapphire gathered herself up in the bathroom. She tended to the wounds on her body where the flesh had been slightly tore from the earlier Pikachu's attacks. She sorted out her hair and gave her face a quick wash. Where she was going to sleep that night was a complete mystery to her. She shook her head and walked back into the main waiting room. Tek, Gilbert and Hero were all ready to go back to her side.

She took them and smiled and then wandered back the way she came. Battling another trainer would also reel in some extra cash. Bug catchers wouldn't be a big deal. Gilbert and Hero could take them on with ease while Tek could observe the battle. That was a point, Sapphire should eventually get her hands on the TM Hidden Power. That move could be taught to Tek and he'd finally be able to be used in battle.

Sapphire stood before the forest looking at it. The Diglett stood next to her. "Watch out trainers! Here I come!" She announced, although she knew she would only have one battle before it was time to pack up for the day.

(OOC: So can we make up other trainers to battle?)

Last edited:

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Kritis:

The Pidgey, completely exhausted from the battle, stood up and attempted to fly away. Unfortunately for the small bird, it simply did not have the energy and spiraled toward the ground, unconscious.

Result: Victory!
    Charmander advanced to L6!
    Kritis found □50.

UraharaSteph:

[OOC: I am in love with your writing style. You made me both laugh and feel sad in the space of one post. Excellent. Also, no, you cannot make up your own trainers but today I am implementing a few created trainers into specific locations for your battling pleasure. also, there is no gym in February Town, the closest one is Connor in March Coast.]

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Hitomi had finally made it to Route 402, it was nothing but an extremely dense forest and she found herself sighing, didn't they just leave a thick forest, similar to this one? Frowning slightly, Hitomi walked on, she had recalled both Ace and Geodude, both Pokémon deserved a nice rest, they weren't near any Pokémon Center's yet but at least there weren't any Pokémon out to attack her.

"Nidonii!!!"

Hitomi felt her stomach drop as a bad feeling over came her "I think I spoke to soon" She was caught off guard however when a female Nidoran came tumbling out the bushes, practically bowling her over as it leapt into her arms, it was shaking violently and had tears flowing down its cheeks Hitomi blinked and began to soothingly rub circles in the Nidoran's back, careful not to prick herself on one of its spikes "Hey, you alright girl?" she looked down at the light blue that had its face buried in her neck "Nido. Nidoran!" Nidoran sniffled and shook its head "Nidoniiii" it bawled.

"W-What's wrong Nidoran?"

Nidoran removed its face from Hitomi's neck and used its paw to point in the direction of where it ran from "Nido. Ran. Nidoni." that sinking feeling in her stomach came back, as she cautiously pulled back the bush Nidoran had come through and followed the trail that the Poison Pin Pokémon had come from, after a few minutes of walking, Hitomi had begun to hear noises in a clearing up ahead and she softly stroked the Nidoran's fur and motioned for the girl to be quiet as she ducked behind a tree and glanced about the clearing.

It was a horrible sight, a pair of evil looking Pokémon, a Pinsir and Scyther, were sneering down at the cluster of Nidoran all Female and one Male, that were trapped in between Scyther and Pinsir, who cornered them on both sides, the female's were huddling in a group behind the male, who was growling at the Scyther "Nidoran! Nido Ni. Ni!" Nidoran charged at Scyther, angrily.

"Scyther! Scy. Scy!" Scyther brought down one of his scythes on the Nidoran, batting the lone male away with ease, the females crowded around the male to see if he was alright. Hitomi gasped as she watched the Poison Pin Pokémon cry out in pain "Nido!" the Nidoran in her arms cried out at the sight, about to leap out her arms and attack the man, but Hitomi held onto the Nidoran tightly and placed a hand over its mouth, this one she noticed was a bit tinier than the other Nidoran "She must still be a baby" she silently hoped they hadn't heard her.

Too bad for Hitomi, the Pinsir heard and alerted his buddy, the Scyther sneered and turned towards the bushes, his scythes gleaming threateningly "Scyther. Scy. Scy." While Pinsir snapped his pinchers. Gritting her teeth, Hitomi slowly meandered her way out of the bush, holding Nidoran close, the Pokémon blinked and tilted their heads in confusion at the appearance of a human "Scyther?" Pincer's gaze fell to the Nidoran that was trembling in her arms and it smirked before motioning to his boss "Kssschhhkkk" it hissed giving an evil smirk and Nidoran shrank into Hitomi's arms.

"Let those Nidoran go!" she glared up at the Scyther and Pinsir who glared right back this caused Hitomi to scowl, she didn't like hurting Pokémon, but these bullies were asking for it "Ace Lets go!" she said grabbing a ball from her belt and tossing it down, her Pidgey popped out, ready for battle "I'm warning you Scyther, let them go and I won't hurt you…" the Scyther just folded his arms haughtily and glanced at Pinsir, who nodded and stepped forward "Kssschhhkkk" the brown beetle hissed snapping its claws dangerously at Hitomi, who frowned in distaste while Nidoran shook in her arms "Nido Ni!" Nidoran clutched her shirt, shaking its head, it didn't want her to fight.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to beat these bullies and rescue your friends" she smiled down reassuringly at the Nidoran "Hitomi's got it covered" she told the Nidoran softly, giving the Poison Pin Pokémon a warm smile "Nido" it murmured with wide eyes "Ran" Nidoran nodded with a determined stare "Just leave it to me. Nidoran. Now Ace, use Tackle!" Hitomi's smiled and adjusted her glasses when she saw Ace ram himself into Pinsir, causing the brown beetle to stumble back slightly "That's the way to do it"

"Kssschhh"

Pinsir scowled before rubbing it torso lightly, where Ace had hit, before he lashed out on the Pidgey, gripping him in a Vice with his large claws "Geyahhhhh!" Ace cried out as his tiny body was suddenly squeezed to the point, where he could hear his ribs crack "Oh no! Ace Return!" Hitomi called back her Pidgey, who cried out once more before it was engulfed in a red beam of light "I'm sorry Ace, take a nice rest, you deserve it" Hitomi frowned at the Pinsir who was smirking triumphantly at Hitomi, she placed Nidoran on the ground and bent down to whisper to the young Pokémon "Nidoran, I'm gonna need you to do me a favor" she told her "On my signal, I want you to take your friends and run"

"N-Ni! Ni-Nido Ni!" Nidoran shook her head no, she wasn't gonna leave her with these two creeps "No, its to dangerous for you all to stay here, so I'm going to distract them and then I want you to run"

"N-Ni…"

"No buts! Just do as I say alright, I don't want you guys to get hurt, besides I'm a Pokémon Trainer" she smiled "I've faced Scizor and Heracross tougher than these clowns" she jerked a thumb in the Scyther and Pinsir's direction before patting the Nidoran's head gently "Now will you do me this favor and get your friends out of here" her hand moved to Nidoran's back and she pushed her forward towards her friends, picking up a rock nearby before standing "Now remember, on my signal" she told Nidoran with a wink.
    Nidoran said nothing, but stared up at Hitomi with wide eyes "Hey Pinsir!" the stag beetle chittered before staring directly at Hitomi, who tossed that rock she had picked up at him, nailing the bug right in the eye, this sent the bug in a frenzy as it charged angrily at Hitomi, who took off running, she ran around the clearing several times before making a beeline straight towards Scyther, the bug didn't think much of it until he realized why Hitomi was running.

"S-Scy—"

Scyther was cut off by Pinsir, who wound up angrily plowing into Scyther, sending both Pokémon tumbling to a heap on the ground "Now's your chance Nidoran! Go!" the Nidoran blinked at Hitomi, before the youngest one called out to them, motioning for them to go through the bushes she and Hitomi had came through, quickly all the Nidoran followed the little one's orders and they all filed out towards the bushes, but Scyther recovered from that blow quicker than expected, it shook its head and quickly stood, realizing the Nidoran were escaping.

"Scyther!"

Scyther, with quick speed cleared the large gap between him and the Nidoran and glared down at the youngest one, who was the last to escape, she froze with fear while looking up at the Scyther with wide eyes "Scyther!" it shouted bringing back its claws before swinging them in an arc down on Nidoran, who closed her eyes and waited for the pain.

"Nido Ni!"

SCWHING [insert badly narrated slicing sound here XP]

"S-Scy!? S-Scyther!"

Nidoran whimpered and slowly opened her eyes, wondering why it wasn't attacked "N-Ni Nido Nii!" Nidoran choked on the air as she gaped at Hitomi, who was standing above her breathing labored, shielding her from the damage of Scyther's blade, there was a large jagged gash running from her shoulder to the middle of her back "Y-You okay" the brunette asked Nidoran, who was wide eyed, scared and speechless "N-Ni" the words died on Nidoran's throat.

"Sah-Scy…" Scyther was looking at Hitomi with wide eyes, before he glanced at his claws, the bug was scared, it hadn't meant for things to go this far, it never wanted to harm a human "S-Scy" it slowly began to back away, its wide eyes were locked with Hitomi's, who seemed to be unflinching as she stared at the Scyther, Pinsir was watching from his spot on the ground with wide eyes too.

Silence engulfed the clearing as Scyther and Hitomi stared each other down, one expression blank and the other cautious. They stayed like this for several moments, until a rustle of the bushes alerted them and out stumbled a bug catcher, clumsily Hitomi noted, he had a wide brimmed straw hat, a catchers net, wore some blue green shorts and a white short sleeved shirt "Ouch… I think I tripped over my laces Butterfree" he groaned to the bug that had come out with him a few seconds after.

"Scyther!" Scyther took this distraction to call out to Pinsir, who nodded and shot up quickly, before they both disappeared into the forest, once they were gone, the boy had stood, staring at the two that had just left in disbelief "Whoa! Didja see that Butterfree, It was a Pinsir and a Scyther!" the giant Butterfly nodded with a soft smile "Freeee"

"Boy, I can't believe we missed out on those two" he murmured, completely ignorant of Hitomi and Nidoran's presence, it was only when Hitomi positioned her self into and Indian pose, in front of Nidoran, did the Poison Pin Pokémon cry out while she winced clutching her wound "Nido Ni!!" Hitomi smiled "I'll be fine, no need to worry, to real question is are you okay" Nidoran once again found herself speechless as she stared up at Hitomi with teary vision, this girl has a large fresh gash going down her shoulder and she's asking if the unwounded Nidoran was okay!

"Nido. Nido Ni!" Nidoran leapt into Hitomi's lap, standing on her hind legs, while her front paws balanced themselves on Hitomi's torso, the Poison Pokémon began licking her face as tears streamed down chubby powder blue cheeks "N-Nido" Nidoran sniffled nuzzling her face into Hitomi's neck as it cried "Nido Ni"

Hitomi smiled softly and began gently rubbing circles in the Nidoran's back "everything's alright, its okay, I'm fine… don't cry" the Nidoran's body shook with hiccupped sobs for several moments until it finally quieted down "Nidoo" she sniffed pulling away and looking up at Hitomi, who smiled and opened her mouth to speak, but their oblivious unwanted quest had finally realized they were there and spoke up.

"Whoa, it's a Nidoran! Hey, girl you're a Trainer right?" Hitomi glanced the boy over, he looked a bit younger than herself, probably no older than 9 at the most and before she could even give him a response he spoke up again "Battle Me!" Hitomi sighed softly before placing her hands on her knees and pushing herself to stand, this caused her to wince when pressure was applied to her shoulder and she stood on shaky legs.

"Nido!" Nidoran cried near her feet "Niido Ni!" it didn't want Hitomi to push herself or get hurt anymore "Hey, girl! Did you hear me?" the boy watched as Hitomi ignored him and slowly began to walk off, gritting her teeth every time she felt her right arm move "Are you even listening! Grr Butterfree get her!" the boy pointed at Hitomi and the Butterfly nodded zooming at Hitomi, who turned back towards the boy with wide eyes, he'd really harm and injured person?

"Nidoran Ni! Ni. Ni. Ni. Nido!"

"Free-eeee!!"

Hitomi blinked at this turn of events, Nidoran had leapt in the way to save her, it tackled the Butterfree to the ground right before it could get to Hitomi and began scratching it harshly "Nidoran" it growled before sinking its teeth into the Butterfree's side "Fling it off with Confusion!" Butterfree nodded and it's body glowed blue, before an invisible force threw Nidoran off Butterfree, allowing the butterfly to float "Nidoo" Nidoran snarled at Butterfree and was about to lunge at it again, but Hitomi stopped her from doing so.

"Leave it alone Nidoran."

"Nido" Nidoran looked away and nodded, going back to Hitomi's side as she continued to walk, clutching her shoulder gently "Hey! Where you going! What about our battle" the catcher cried out, his voice becoming harder to hear as she and Nidoran walked deeper into the forest, once she knew they were alone and near its outskirts Hitomi sighed and rested her forehead against a nearby tree, she felt her arm going numb, she had to get his wound treated soon.

"Well, its time for me to go"

Nidoran blinked and looked up from its spot beside Hitomi, it cocked its head to the side cutely before nodding "Nido Ni?" Hitomi shook her head "No Nidoran, I mean by myself, I need to get to a Pokémon Center and you need to get home" she nudged the Nidoran with her foot in the opposite direction "N-Ni? Nido?"

"Home" Hitomi pointed in the opposite direction where she assumed the others would be "With your family, you know… other Nidoran" Nidoran looked at Hitomi, nodding slowly in understanding, but didn't move from its spot, this caused the brunette to huff in irritation "I'm saying leave! Go home! Go back to your family!" Nidoran just gave her a stubborn stare and shook her head "Ni. Do."

"Nido! Nido Nii?" Nidoran walked near Hitomi and rubbed against her legs "Nidoran!" Hitomi blinked down at the smiling Pokémon "Your saying… you want to come with me?" Nidoran nodded "Nido! Nido Ni Nii!!"

"I don't know, you're still nothing but a kid and don't you like it here?" Nidoran shook its head no "Nido Ni. Ni." Hitomi sighed and scratched her head frowning "fine, I guess you can come" Hitomi murmured pulling out a Pokéball, she slowly kneeled down and placed it hesitantly in front of the Nidoran "Now, are you sure about this? Because you won't ever see your family again…" Nidoran shook its head stubbornly "Ni. Do. Ni! Nidoran!" the Nidoran gave Hitomi a firm stare and the brunette smiled "Alright then" Nidoran cheered and tapped the ball with its paw, instantly being sucked in and Hitomi let the ball drop to the floor, she watched as it wobbled back and forth.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Nidoran's Capture Attempt:
    Catch Rate: 80%
    Number needed: 1-80
    Result: 47

Hitomi captured a Nidoran!

/-/-/

Maxx stood at the edge of town, staring off into the horizon. He was looking and thinking simultaneously, for he wanted to determine his next course of action. He knew that the key to being successful in any league is a truly diverse team.

Currently, I have a normal-type, a ground-type, and a poison-type. The first Gym Leader I am going to face uses flying and water types. That automatically puts my Cubone at a disadvantage. Both Nidoran and Eevee are not weak nor strong against either. I guess my best bet would be an electric type.

The sun was just about to set over Terra, and Maxx knew that this would be the perfect opportunity to sneak into the factory unnoticed. Everything was set, and we was ready to go. He walked outside the gate, reading the welcome-to-February-Town sign as he passed it. The road looked long and winding, but he could see smoke in the air, presumably from the factory.

He made his way along the winding path, observing such Pokémon as Jigglypuff and Machop making their way about. On the other side of the road, in the tall grass, numerous Oddish and Bellsprout roamed.

A Jigglypuff would certainly be useful for it's sleep technique, but an electric-type fullfils the same requirement with Thunder Wave. I'm thinking the better choice would be Voltorb, as Magnemite is part steel which could take some damage from Seel and Seaking.I need to be careful during the battle to ensure that it doesn't selfdestruct, alerting everyone to my presence.

Eventually, Maxx reached the front gate of the factory. He decided against trying to sneak in from here, so he went around to the far side of the building. Predictably, there was a charged electric fence blocking his path. Through some heavy thinking, Maxx devised a solution.

Cubone, a ground type, is completely immune to electric attacks. I'll have him grab the fence and bend it so I can fit through.

Maxx released his Cubone, and commanded it to bend the fence. Sure enough, when Cubone's hand grasped the fence a yellow aura surrounded him, but did no damage whatsoever. It bent a hole the size of Maxx's body, and Maxx climbed through, glancing up at the rather large building.

I need to find some sort of entrance.

Maxx walked over to a nearby door, where men were moving in and out of the building at the rate of one man every two or three minutes. They were carrying boxes full of who-knows-what into the building. Cubone, still out and hiding behind Maxx, looked ready for a command.

"Cubone. Ready your bone. I want you to hit the next man that walks out in the head. Be sure to knock him unconscious." The Cubone looked confused; attacking humans wasn't something it though was right. "Just do it, it's the only way in".

The Cubone did as told, and smacked the next worker who came out in the head. Maxx grabbed him by the leg and pulled him behind the wall, stripped him, and changed clothes. He then recalled Cubone and entered the establishment.

Looking around, he saw a lot of machines with Voltorbs plugged in for energy, eyes closed. Grimer could be seen lurking in the shadows. Some of the larger machines housed Electrodes, sure to be much too strong for capture right now. Likewise, a Muk could be seen assissting some Grimer in the distance, probably looking for more sludgy waste to multiply in.

Finally, Maxx came across his prey: A Magnemite.

"Hey there, odd contraption. You ready to join me and help me defeat a Gym Leader? Sure you are. Cubone, why don't you put that bone to good use and whack is over the head?"

The Magnemite looked confused; it obviously hadn't counted on having to battle someone at it's home. The cubone charged at the small machine, preparing to give it a face full of bone. The Magnemite easily floated up and avoided the attack, chuckling in its mechanical voice.

"Cubone, don't let that insignificant thing mock you! Get up on that desk and jump attack it!"

Doing as told, the Cubone leaped off a desk and gave the Magnemite a club to the body. Because the Magnemite was both Steel and Electric, it took four times the normal amount of damage and was quickly down for the count. A quick Poké Bal lwas all it took for Maxx to add another creature to his already diverse party.

"Nice. Now, let's get out of here."

"HEY YOU! FREEZE! INTRUDER!"

Maxx gulped and turned around, facing the factory worker who had witnessed the battle.

"You're done for", the man said.

"Wait. Fight me in a Pokémon battle. You win, you can have my Cubone. I win, you let me go. Deal?"

"Hmm... deal. The Cubone will help me defeat my co-workers no sweat. But don't think this will be easy, I have more than just electric types!"

"Let's go."

---: Trainer Battle :--
    --: Maxx Thompson vs. Factory Worker Ted :--
    --: Rules: Three Pokémon. Switched Pokémon may not be sent out again. :--

The first thing Maxx did was recall his Cubone; he needed the element of surprise. The factory worker was obviously not going to send out an electric-type first, as he knew the Cubone would wreck it. Maxx placed his hand on Eevee's Poké Ball, crossing his fingers superstitiously for good luck.

The factory worker reached into his industrial coat and grabbed a Poké Ball as well, taking it out. "We throw on the count of three."

1... 2... 3... !

Both Poké Balls soared through the air, releasing the respective Pokémon. On the factory worker's side was Voltorb, while Maxx's side held Eevee.

Damn. He saw right through my facade. I can't switch or I'll be at a disadvantage very early.
    Maxx knew that though Eevee was quick, a Voltorb would be much quicker. This particular Voltorb looks to be level nine or ten. It doesn't know any electric attacks yet, so I'm not in too much danger. "Eevee! We have to make the first move! I want you to use Sand-attack to start the battle off. Use the dust in place of sand!". The Eevee used it's paws to stir up the dusty floor, making it so that the Voltorb couldn't see nearly as well. "Good. Now, use Tackle!"

The Eevee charged through the dust toward the large orb.

"Voltorb, roll out of the way and send a SonicBoom toward it!" The Voltorb's high speed easily outmatched the Eevee's and the Eevee stopped itself right before slamming headfirst into the wall. The Voltorb spun rapidly and let loose a small tornado of wind at the Eevee, hitting it. The Eevee looked dizzy, but was still ready for a fight.

"Eevee, you're certainly outmatched. I need you to do as much damage as you can to the Voltorb before you get knocked out! Now, use Tail Whip in front of you and behind you, alternatively. Keep that up!"

The Eevee, not understanding exactly what to do, kept shaking it's tail in front of it, then turned around doing the same thing behind it.

"Voltorb, Tackle attack!". the Voltorb, obliging, rolled forward at a high speed running straight into Eevee's tail. The Eevee was knocked ack into the wall, and the force of Eevee's Tail Whip sent the Voltorb rolling back a bit. "Keep going, another Tackle!" Voltorb once again rolled straight for the small dog-looking creature, hitting it and once again taking a Tail Whip. By this time, the Eevee was out of energy and fainted.

"Damn. Not too bad, Eevee. Come back. Cubone, you're next!" the trainer replied, absorbing the Eevee and sending out Cubone. "Cubone, this'll be easy. Hold up your bone and use him like a baseball! Get a home run when he nears you!"

"You're not thinking, kid. Voltorb, SonicBoom!" The Voltorb's eyes blinked a few times before rapidly rotating and sending another tornado at the Cubone, damaging it and making it lie flat on it's face. "Voltorb has a ranged attack, and your Cubone doesn't! Ha! You know, you should rea-"

The Cubone, embarassed by it's trainers actions, charged toward the obviously unprepared Voltorb with it's bone at the ready. When it approached, it swung with full strength hitting it and making it ricochet off the walls. When the Voltorb was about to land, the Cubone repeated the attack, and hit it once more, sending it right into the factory worker's gut.

"Oof! You little rascal! Come back, Voltorb. Go, Grimer!". Ted released the sludgy Pokémon onto the ground. "Poison Gas!"

The Grimer emitted a small amount of purple gas, which poisoned the Cubone. The Cubone breathed heavily, and looked up at his trainer for guidance.

"Grimer poisoned you, Cubone. No worries, you are strong against poison-types. I want you to get to that Grimer and give him a swift bone club to the noggin!"

The Cubone walked over sluggishly to the Grimer, lifted it's bone, and hit the pile of sludge in the top portion of it's figure. The Grimer looked damaged, but not defeated.

"Grimer, I want you to use your Pound technique!"

The Grimer raised a portion of it's sludge into a hammer like shape, and hit the Cubone right back. The Cubone would normally have been unphased by such an attack, but due to the poison knelt down and began coughing profusely. "Pound, again!" The Grimer repeated it's action, hitting the Cuybone again. Fed up, Cubone hit the Grimer with his club again, knocking it conscious while falling unconscious itself.

"One more Pokémon for each of us, I suppose", the worker stated. Maxx grabbed his Poké Ball containing Nidoran, and released him. The worker reached into his coat pocket, searching for the third Poké Ball, and didn't find it.

"Uh, this is embarassing. I seem to have left my last Pokémon in my desk! If you'll allow me to get it, we can finish this!"

"I don't think so. Rules are rules, and you lost."

"I don't think so!", the man exclaimed, pressing a red button on a nearby wall.

INTRUDER ALERT. INTRUDER ALERT.

"You... liar! Damn. Let's go, Nidoran.". The trainer recalled his poison-pin Pokémon and took off in a dead run toward the exit. Behind him, two Magneton had come and were following his trail, sending out thunderwaves to impede his progress. Maxx moved and dodges them, barely. Eventually, he found his way to an exit, which he bursted through. Now four Magneton were on his trail, and a random Thunder Wave hit his right leg. "****!". He limped to the electric fence, and without thinking, crawled underneath it, shocking him profusely.

The Magneton stopped at the gate, and watched the trainer pitifully climb away, very slowly, before passing out on the side of the path.

Maxx captured a Magnemite!
    Eevee advanced to L9.
    Cubone advanced to L10.
    Maxx earned □500.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back