• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That final battle with Ghetsis

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Uneventful for me. I think I might have used a Revive or two, and for sure a few Full Restores, but other then that... eh. The only thing about his Hydreigon is that it's SUPER cool, and had I not broken my DS three hours ago, I probably would have gone to train one. >>

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Anybody got any advice beatin his hydrodragon or w.e it is

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Ghetsis was easy for me... until that bloody Hydreigon.

It KO'd pretty much every Pokemon on my team, and I kept having to use max revive on Reshiram since it was the only one that had the most of a chance in fighting it. I just barely won o-o;;;

Years
  • He was a bit of trouble, I just completely lucked out with my Beartic.

I was lucky enough that both the fire blast and stone edges missed and I got two blizzards in (he was only level 46 lol)

But yeah like you said, Hydreigen was the only real threat, Eelektross was just annoying.

Years
    • Age 28
    • PA
    • Seen Mar 21, 2011
    I swept the E4 - N - Ghetsis with Gigalith Lvl 52-55. (Lvled up through battling)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • My Elektross annihilated him, as usual. Problem with Hydreigon is that it's got pretty meh moves. Cynthia was the only person in the entire game that could even take out my Haxorus, and that's only because she had a Garchomp and I was underleveled.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • First two times I tried to beat him, it felt like hell.
    That was probably because I was tired and sleepy. I don't know.
    But when I tried to battle him the next day, he was pretty easy. I only had one death. xD;

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • First time (on JP) it was a pretty epic showdown, my Krookodile vs his Cofagrius, me trying to get a Moxie sweep going, he just protect + toxistalled. Solution? Bring in Sawsbuck for aromatherapy, as Moxie got nullified by Mummy regardless. Tried to set up a sweep with Samurott after Krook died, but noo, Megahorn didn't ohko his Hydreigon, etc. Eventually all that's left after a long fight is his Eelektross and my Carracosta at 70%. He Wild Charges, and leaves me with FOUR hp standing. Waterfall doesn't ohko, but it puts him in Aqua Jet range. Never felt more attached to my turtle than then, especially considering how that was like my third try after losing to him lol.

On Eng White, however, it was a completely different tale. I brought out Dragon Dance Scrafty as my lead, DDs three times + full heal, and proceeded to sweep his entire team. :x

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    N wasn't too difficult. But Ghetsis had my heart pumping. I usually don't believe in using legendaries on my team but I did those too battles. My strategy was use my Haxorus, dragon dance, switch out, switch back in Haxorus, dragon dance and sweep... That worked for three of his pokemon and then he sent out that darn beast of a dark/dragon pokemon... Then it was pure luck that it never got int the red so he didn't use full restores.

Switching out makes you lose the boosts so it probably wasn't very good that you switched out and then back in. :(

Years
  • That Hydreigon was a beast. Made me get a lv48 Haxorus.
    Spammed Dragon Dance and wrecked his whole team. Yes, including Hydreigon. And yes, I only used Haxorus :D

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I found Ghetsis incredibly easy in the end. It helped that I sent out Donna, my Moxie Krookodile, pretty early on, so after a couple of Moxie-Attack-boosts Hydreigon wasn't too much trouble; Dragon Claw took it out in one hit after it missed with Focus Blast.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Spoilerific title, lol.
    Then again, I guess if you don't want things spoiled, you shouldn't go to a Pokemon forum until you beat it.

Ghetsis took three tries for me. His Hydregion just happened to have a super effective move for everyone on my team. I eventually got lucky and on my third try he left my Haxorus with 4HP and I OHKO'd him with Dragon Claw. All of his other pokemon were chumps.

Toa77

A Creative Writer
    Years
  • Bah...I hated his Hydreigon. It kept wiping out my Pokemon with Dragon Pulse, even though I spent all that training on them...

I was just lucky I had more Revives than the Hydreigon's Dragon Pulse PP.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • I was about to punch a baby when he forced me to battle him RIGHT AFTER N. I actually was freaking out because I wasn't able to heal my pokemon, and I only had Zekrom and Samurott standing, but I guess N must have healed me before the battle. (hardly read his dialogue since I was ambushed).

The hydreigon made me sad. :T I went through 10 revives, then he finally stopped spamming dragon pulse whatever because he had no more pp for it, and then I was finally able to take him out with Zekrom. Everything else was taken care of normally by the others. And I did both their fights in one go around.

I am one lucky noob.

Back