• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That final battle with Ghetsis

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Gothitelle, since you did have a lvl 63 Gothitelle, it was a pretty easy battle (not to mention a Hydreigon of your own :V)

Though cool video none the less, that's one way of beating Ghetsis xD

Years
  • Gothitelle, since you did have a lvl 63 Gothitelle, it was a pretty easy battle (not to mention a Hydreigon of your own :V)

Though cool video none the less, that's one way of beating Ghetsis xD
    Thanks. I wuvs my Gothitelle and Hydreigon, aren't they cute? :3

I like how they beat most of Ghestis' roster and smiled throughout the whole thing lol

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Once I Dragon Dance'd Haxxorus during his moment with Bouffalant, I pretty much made a OHKO against his Hydreigon with Dragon Claw. It got through the Speed problem thanks to Dragon Dance, and so, yeah, happy days. :)

But I was totally off-guard when Hydreigon first appeared, so it did have to be a reset for me. xD

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
  • Hydreigon was a surprise for me too, I also had to do a reset. Wasn't prepared! The rest of his party was a piece of cake, but I had to do some level grinding before taking on that stupid Hydreigon again. After that, piece of cake.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    My Mienshao really just tore Ghetis apart. Regenerator is such a great ability when used with U-Turn <3

Kjt

Lovatic
    Years
  • Let's see . . . from what I recal, Hydreigon and Eelektross were the hardest to KO. Bisharp was KO'd pretty easily by Oshawott's revenge, Seismitoad, Cofagrigus and Bouffalant didn't KO anything of mine. So it was a pretty easy battle.

Also, I chose not to use Zekrom against N, so I didn't have it with me. My only complaint was I couldn't save before Ghetis, so I got a bit angsty when my Pokemon were on low HP.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • All of his Pokes I took out with mah Haxorus which was level 50, two Dragon Dances and just spamming Dragon Claw and took each one out fairly easy, within 2-3 moves tops, and made sure I got rid of his Full Rests in the begginning using my Serperior. His Hydreigon though was ANNOYING. It had higher speed than my Haxorus, so took he took him out within one move D:. And my Seroperior barely hit on him, even being 5 levels higher ;_;. The rest of my Pokes were very underleveled, my highest was a Scolipede at level 43, which did absolutely no damage against it. I failed 3 times before finally taking out that damned Hydreigon. All in all, without that beast, he would have been a piece of cake. On my first playthrough though 9that was my second ^_^) with a level 65 Samurott easily owned his team with one hit and tanked his Hydreigon and KOed it after three.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I struggled insanely...Fusion Flare didn't work like it had on Zekrom, getting me off to a bad start. In the end, Samurott took it out with a critical hit from X-Scissor, before taking out two pokémon with Torrent-boosted Surfs, and then being sacrificed for Reshiram to do the rest.

However, I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but was that not just the creepiest battle ever? The dark background, scary-looking pokémon such as Hydreigon, and the creepy music (or lack of it) all made it absolutely terrifying. Honestly. I guess the way Hydreigon just obliterated 5 of my pokémon without taking damage made it even worse...but whereas N's battle was epic in the way you have legendaries smashing the crap out of eachother, then a load of strong pokémon battling their hearts out for two of the most compassionate trainers in the land (including, in my case, a Zoroark showdown), Ghetsis' battle was like a tense pokémon thriller.

Then again, that's just me. And above this sentence is a wall of text.

Oh, and by the way, unlike Gothitelle, I did it with the battle style as "set", not "shift".

Last edited:

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I struggled insanely...Fusion Flare didn't work like it had on Zekrom, getting me off to a bad start. In the end, Samurott took it out with a critical hit from X-Scissor, before taking out two pokémon with Torrent-boosted Surfs, and then being sacrificed for Reshiram to do the rest.

However, I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but was that not just the creepiest battle ever? The dark background, scary-looking pokémon such as Hydreigon, and the creepy music (or lack of it) all made it absolutely terrifying. Honestly. I guess the way Hydreigon just obliterated 5 of my pokémon without taking damage made it even worse...but whereas N's battle was epic in the way you have legendaries smashing the crap out of eachother, then a load of strong pokémon battling their hearts out for two of the most compassionate trainers in the land (including, in my case, a Zoroark showdown), Ghetsis' battle was like a tense pokémon thriller.

Oh, and by the way, unlike Gothitelle, I did it with the battle style as "set", not "shift".

Yeah..The battle actually scared me. I mean, most of my Pokes that I fought N with were under level 40, with only my Serperior and Zekrom above 45, and Scolipede level 42 or so, and all but Zekrom and Serperior were left standing, each with about half hp. So when it turned out I had to fight Ghetsis..Nearly wet myself XD. Until I found out my Pokes got healed somehow o.O. And Hydreigon literally made me cry. He kept 1HKO every one of my Pokes >_<. I was seriously annoyed too, cause i had just fought 4 uber strong trainers, and then fought N, and now I had to fight Ghetsis with a seriously strong Hydreigon that had more speed than my lowly level 55 Haxorus and my Serperior could barely touch it? Scaarrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Years
  • I struggled insanely...Fusion Flare didn't work like it had on Zekrom, getting me off to a bad start. In the end, Samurott took it out with a critical hit from X-Scissor, before taking out two pokémon with Torrent-boosted Surfs, and then being sacrificed for Reshiram to do the rest.

The Reshiram vs Zekrom (or other way around) is supposed to be dummied down. The opponent is too stupid to use dragon breath which is super effective against dragon.

And, what about "shift"? I didn't know you can even set the battle style. What's the difference? Are you trying to say I cheated because I didn't. I spent long hours training my Gothitelle.

Years
  • Only trainer in the game where I died. I had no moves to take out that goddamn Hydregion, so I had to pull out the Reshiram I decided not to use against N. It finished that thing off well ;)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • When I helped on my friend's white version (he couldn't even beat N, let alone ghetsis), ghetsis was a real pain in the #$&@... I actually had no problem with hydregion or whatever, but bisharp kept sweeping his team because he didn't have fighting type pokemon or fast fire type pokemon to kill it off... >_> eventually defeated it with swagger xD (used 10+ revives in the process) bisharp is still a cool pokemon though, in fact one of my fav gen V pokemon.

Now that I bought pokemon black and beat the 8th gym.... I don't think I would have problem with ghetsis. My pokemon are already tad overlevelled somehow. (with most of my pokemon being 10 levels higher than underlevelled haxorus that drayden used)

Last edited:

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
  • I was surprised that he was so simple to take out, the team I carried up to the final battle was Haxorus, Beartic, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, and the Zekrom I don't quite know why I used the Justice Trio but I was surprised at how successful they were.

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
  • His Hydreigon was a piece of cake for me.

Elektross on the other hand decided it would be fun to one shot almost all of my team.

I Agree. Level 54 Hydreigon< Level 71 Emboar With Arm Thrust (Its Actually An OK Move)

Elektross Killed Emboar, So I Sent Out Klinklang. One Shotted After I Revived. It Would've One Shotted Boldore, But Sturdy Saved It. It 2HKO'D Zweilous, But Then I Got Emboar Back Out And Killed It.

Back