• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That final battle with Ghetsis

JadeFires

Novice Breeder
Years
  • I had some problems with Hydreigon. The devil took out almost my whole team the first time. Seeing as I didn't have Ice/Dragon types/moves, he wasn't easy at first. But after spending a little more time leveling, I kicked his but the second time no problem~ But ya, that was all I had problems with.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Ghetsis gave me a hard time with his stuff. I had to use a lot of Hyper Potions and Revives just to keep it going. At least I beat him at the first try.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • On my most recent playthrough, I had to spam recovery items and force Hydreigon into using Struggle before I could knock it out. Next time, I'm getting a Mienshao. >_>

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Ghetsis wasn't too hard for me, being at level 59. I seem to recall Krookodile using Outrage against his Hydregion and it working like a charm. Or maybe it was Archeops with Dragon Claw. Either way I used my strongest attackers with a super effective Dragon moves to get rid of his biggest threat.

Years
  • On my most recent playthrough, I had to spam recovery items and force Hydreigon into using Struggle before I could knock it out. Next time, I'm getting a Mienshao. >_>
    Who did you use? (n n)

As for me, I only had to do two Full Restores. I wish it was none but that thing had stats as if it was a level 64 instead of 54.

With my old team, my Emboar and Vanilluxe were the only ones who can beat it but they were wiped out with Fire blast and Surf. :[ Had to spam revies until Vanilluxe can avoid the Focus Blast.

But I decided not to make that same mistake with my new team since I had someone that had a fighting move and Hydreigon didn't have moves that were super effective against it.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Ghestis wasn't that much of a challenge to me. His Hydreigon was easy to defeat with my Vanilluxe. It was an "okay" battle, some of my Pokemon died though. The battle music for him was horrible.

Years
  • Ghetsis was pretty tough for me, but only because of that Hydreigon. I got really lucky when I finally defeated it, because it's attack missed.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Battle was actually very easy, even against Hydreigon, mainly because I overleved my Pokemon.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Urg, I hated this fight. Mainly because, you know, my pokemon were ALL under level 50. I ended up wiping out that Hydreigon like this.

Hydreigon used Dragon Pulse!
    Marco (Samurott) used Megahorn!
    Hydreigon decided to be annoyingly defensive and survived!
    Hydreigon used Dragon Pulse! Marco fainted!
    Go! *filler*
    Used the max revive on Marco!

MEGAHOOORRRNN

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I pwned his hydreigon with a freakin' zweilous xD

Hydreigon used Dragon Pulse!
    It's super effective (Zweilous has 10-or-so hp left)
    Zweilous used Dragon Pulse!
    A Critical Hit! It's Super Effective!! (owned)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Hydreigon was nothing, my Scrafty took him out in like one or two hits. Seismitoad on the other hand actually gave me trouble. My Galvantula and Chandelure were two pokemon who could dish out the hard hits but couldn't take them. A few couple Muddy Waters from Seismitoad knocked them out, and I had to continue the fight without them, although my Samurott knocked out Seismitoad.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ghetsis wasn't extremely hard to defeat. I had a little bit of a challenge battling him but I beat him.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Honestly a beefy fighting pokemon helps alot. Then a grass for Seismitoad. Other than that there wasnt much a problem. I guess people chose different teams? Anyone wanna share their entire teams at the time of fighting ghetis?

Years
  • Honestly a beefy fighting pokemon helps alot. Then a grass for Seismitoad. Other than that there wasnt much a problem. I guess people chose different teams? Anyone wanna share their entire teams at the time of fighting ghetis?

My team at the time was:
    Gothtitelle
    Hydreigon
    Reshiram

Jellicent
    Chandelure
    Vanilluxe

I only needed to use the bolded to beat Ghetsis. the top one I beat Hydregion with.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I used
    MienShao
    Whimsicott
    Beartic
    Braviary
    Carracosta
    Zekrom.

I don't remember who did most other than Whimisicott and Mienshao doing most the work. Unrelated, but Braviary is a beast.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    At the time, it was:

Reshiram (of course, a compulsory lead)
    Samurott
    Victini
    Druddigon
    Zoroark
    Sawk

Sadly, they were all either frail (Samurott, Zoroark, Sawk), unable to get an effective hit on Hydreigon (Victini), or simply outpaced and obliterated with super-effective STAB (Reshiram, Druddigon).

Back