• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The world cup makes no sense...

Are you into sports at all? I may be able to use another sport's tournament to explain it.

That or I can use a video game tournament as an example if you don't like any sports.

It's not like there is an equivalent to that word in any other language so I'll stick to fútbol thanks.

I saw a word origins map a couple days ago that indicates there's quite a few languages where the root word in their language for it is soccer. Since soccer traces its roots back to "Association" anyway, you can really only blame the English for the word.

Years
221064. Not quite round robin. The 32 qualifiers are divided into 8 groups of 4, and they play against the other 3 members of their group once. After those matches are played, the two best teams from each group advance to the single-elimination part of the tournament, where each group's winner plays a runner-up from another group in the first round of that portion.

Yukari

Okay, that explanation makes more sense. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... Have there been multiple double posts or is this number wrong? The numbers don't match. ~_~

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

The important thing is that we keep this super irrelevant number on track.

Yukari

The point of this thread is to try to count as long as possible... I guess. But nobody comes here for that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Please don't disturb me, I'm trying to count

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Spoiler:

Shhhh, I'm counting ponies

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

The creepiest thing about ponies is their lack of hooves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back