• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

"This world is ugly"

*HAS A CAFE IN ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CITIES IN THE POKEMON WORLD*

Riiiiiiight...motivation

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

He was using "ugly" figuratively, though.

He meant people are egoistic and unsympathic. His dialogue and written files go on and on about how he tries to make the world a better place while most people do not give a **** and give nothing back to the environment that has nurtured them.
    So might as well get rid of them all. It's like what many people feel like when they're in a bad mood, sprinkled with some poké-hitler. Heck, even Sycamore admits Lysandre has a point.

The team itself was laughable though, and their way of operating made no sense.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Meanwhile he gets really creepy with Diantha

There were a lot of warning signs...you'd think someone would go "GEE, HE SEEMS TO BE UP TO SOMETHING" and investigate sooner, but no, they leave it up to the little kids

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

He was using "ugly" figuratively, though.

He meant people are egoistic and unsympathic. His dialogue and written files go on and on about how he tries to make the world a better place while most people do not give a **** and give nothing back to the environment that has nurtured them.
    So might as well get rid of them all. It's like what many people feel like when they're in a bad mood, sprinkled with some poké-hitler. Heck, even Sycamore admits Lysandre has a point.

The team itself was laughable though, and their way of operating made no sense.
    He was, but it wasn't entirely figurative. He does mean this literally as well, especially, as evidenced when speaking to the champion. And even if that wasn't the case, Flare itself takes this more literally in the same sense that Galactic was in comparison to Cyrus.

And regardless, I still do think they still fall into the sort of "Beauty is life, ugliness must be exterminated" type of generic, largely because even if they literally mean that (which is rare), it's often the underlying theme.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I don't care about anything else in the world I beat level 9 of the SMb levels in NES Remix for 3DS life is great I can die happy now

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    My least favorite part about Team Flare was when you beat the one guy at the Power Plant and he made you go ALL THE WAY around because he felt like it.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Yeah, I always wondered why all the grunts blocking doors would just move away once you beat them.

He should have stayed there and, ta-da! World domination achieved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back