• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Alright, I want some outside feedback. If you guys get a chance, read through this thread.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=348601

It highlights my feelings on the state of hacking and the community's various members. I've heard what the hackers and hack players think, but you guys aren't them and I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the matter and possibly what's said in the thread.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Have only read the starting post so far, and I am laughing.

I can get behind more original hacks. Innovation is always good. I just like that Le Pug brings up (as examples of what to do) precisely all the things that often turn people away from more "original" hacks. Lol, death for the sake of death, lol guns. Ow, that edge.
    Granted, that's only (examples of) subject matter, but it greatly affects how people view the OP, and by proxy interpret the thread and its arguments. Ethos, man. Ethos.

Anyway, statements like "hackers should be doing this" and "hackers should keep doing that" are pretty much meaningless, as hackers should do whetever they feel like. If they are original in their thinking, cool. If they're not, but get told to be original and totally nosedive, cool.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Yeah, I'd agree. Though, to be fair, I don't feel as if Pug actually wants to force people so much as that he was just posting out of frustration. The way I look at it is basically that a lot of hackers come into hacking generally being confined to the idea that what they want to do is super standard. I know it because that was me when I came into hacking and I see a lot of people who instantly have this view of what a hack has to be.

Some people assert this notion that gyms, teams, and badges the formula is what makes Pokemon. The sidegames exist for a reason, and lemme tell you, Pokemon fans wouldn't be damn near as likely to enjoy the games if they weren't called Pokemon. The sentiment makes me worried for the future of the franchise, though. I'd truly hope this isn't a widespread opinion.

Yukari

You know I was kinda driven away from hacking since pretty much all the hacks followed the same formula.

...And because I sucked at it.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years

I love how we've managed to convert Went and Orph in quick succession.

All's left is Don.

Akiba

Years

Spoiler:

I'm playing TH15 right now. Reisen is overpowered, but the patterns are also nigh impossible. I've never gotten this much graze in my life. It's a really good thing that you get infinite lives, because I keep getting mauled on Lunatic.

I think TH15 belongs in a new era of games, because the design is very different from the previous ones. And the cover art doesn't suck anymore.

I have never played any of those games before and don't intend to start any time soon.

I have never played any of those games before and don't intend to start any time soon.

this post
    just why

Because it's true. :3

Speaking of which.

Akiba

Years

They are worth it just for the music.

There are so many arranges for Junko's theme out already. I like Pure Furies a lot. It'll be interesting to see what the big circles make out of it.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Scrolling sigs don't work on mobile

And that annoying virus is still around, which makes posting here annoying

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back