• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen That magical moment..

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    I was really excited! But I thought it was going to be released the next day..... :P

And April still seems far away.....

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    When I heard the official announcement (in May 2009) of HG/SS, then I was like "Okay..."
    After seeing the 3-minute video of HG/SS I was so happy like a 12-year old child :)
    That happy that I`ve could jump because of happiness (but I didn`t).
    Since then I know that HG/SS are going to be the best pokemon games in the whole series (in fact, they are already xD)

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I think I might be one of the only people who weren't super excited over it, haha. :p
    I did no screaming, or jumping up and down, or even dancing.

I did think it was cool though, and I'll for sure be picking up a copy of one of them.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
    I saw a Japanese trailer of the sprite walking around some town, and I got all excited. I didn't know if it was fake or real though, although it looked pretty real. I then got out my Silver game and looked through the towns to see which town it was. I couldn't find it though.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    Yeah, I kind of just went "Oh.. sweet." and didn't think much more of it. I live in Canada, so I guess the 2010 release date counts for me.

Years
    I only got into Pokemon about a week ago. I didn't even know what Gold and Silver was until I googled it about two hours ago. The original game seemed to be loved and I'm sure the remakes will be even better. I especially love the fact that your Pokemon follow you.

As to my original reaction, it was "What's Gold and Silver?"

Years
    I was so happy, I loved the Johto region and the Gold/Silver/Crystal games. I was excited to see a remake with awesome graphics.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Well I was expecting it anyway, so I wasn't really that surprised since I thought it was kinda obvious they were going to do it... I also assumed that they would finally fix the major level flaws, but I guess I was wrong... but I'm glad they even remade it because the games could easily be fixed thanks to Rom hacking!

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
    First, I fainted for ten minutes, got hit by a nostalgia wave and celebrated for thirty minutes or so, then realized IT'S NOT COMING OUT UNTIL 2010!!!!!!!!:shocked: Then I spent the next two minutes getting mad about that, then I remembered back to how i felt about platinum (right around the same amount of waiting time, hopefully), and I accepted it. I have distracted myself with other games i need to finish, plus I would have been okay if the internal batteries in my silver and crystal hadn't died :((yes only my gold remians. You can see how i felt about gold compared to the other two). I found an alternative solution to that problem, though. Oh, and the thing about my games? Yeah, now you know why the remakes were started in the first place (aside from the generation separation). If zel was still around i'd distract myself form shiny gold but he's been gone for over half a year.:'(

Well I was expecting it anyway, so I wasn't really that surprised since I thought it was kinda obvious they were going to do it... I also assumed that they would finally fix the major level flaws, but I guess I was wrong... but I'm glad they even remade it because the games could easily be fixed thanks to Rom hacking!

Btw, wtf r u talking about?

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Actually , I was bored , searched on Gamefaqs for a Pkmn Pt. review , guesss what I found ! HG and SS and then I see the board , find out more and get overly excited and happy ! Until I saw that Trailer : S-P-R-I-N-G 2-0-1-0 . Dammit ! >:(

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I was quite surprised. The most pleasing thing to know was that you will be able to walk around with your partner pokemon beside you. Although I was dissapointed as soon as I found out that HG/SS won't be released in Europe until 2010 >_>.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    "Is this another one of those fake trolls...?"
    I then started bouncing up and down spamming anyone who would (or wouldn't) listen with the Japanese site. "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOMG"
    <3

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    That was the moment I knew it:
    A RB remake
    A GS remake
    The RS remakes are coming!!!

Years
    It was the moment I've been waiting for considering Silver is pretty much my fave game of all time. It prompted me to join the folks of PC just so I could reminise about the good old days while I wait for March/April to import it from America

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Well at first I had the rumors about the Gold and Silver Balls on Pokemon Sunday from Bulbapedia and Serebii, so I was expecting something.. but I found out when I came home from school one day and started freaking out! I was so happy :3

Back