• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen That magical moment..

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I was super excited, and wanted it to be released in America the second it was announced in Japan. o_________________o

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I shrugged it off

No question about its greatness... as G/S/C were the best games... but I wasn't... excited...

I knew I would have to wait for them quite a while, and contemplated pre-ordering a Japanese game (once they're out) to satisfy myself until the English ones come out... but I figured it would be more worth it to wait

Basically as a summary: I'll very patiently wait for them to come out... with no excitement until they're available for pre-order in the US =P

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I spent 10 minutes slapping myself, thinking I was still asleep, and I was just dreaming.
    It was only until after the pain became unbearable I realised that I wasn't dreaming.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I was happy, I guess. Not fantasically excited, just put-it-on-my-list-of-stuff-to-buy happy.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • When I heard, I immediately started checking the internet for where I could pre-order it, I don't care if it's in jap. I have to have them both when they are released.

~PokeJosh~

Pimpatune
    Years
  • I was...not surprised at all, but in a way, a whole ton more excited than some of you guys sound. I think that I should be embarrassed for screaming it in school, but i'm really not. Oh well, hopefully I can make new friends next year....

JK

I still have friends.

-PokeJosh

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2015
    (in order) I shouted, danced, shouted and danced at the same time, shouted louder, put a video on youtube about the game, and then shouted again. And the weird thing was that i knew it was gonna be that day.

Years
  • I was shocked, amazed and thrilled all in one. I then did research to make sure it was true and then as this board was made and it was confirmed I was beside myself. Now I am impatient because I live in the US and have to wait for the big 2010 to hit.

lmao i did the same it does suck though that its comin out in 2010 but good thing is gives us time to put money away for it

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Actually, a few weeks before it was announced, I saw this article on Bulbapedia speculating about possible Gold and Silver remakes. Although the "arrived from Johto" thing seemed sort of suspicious to me, to most of it I was like, "Pffft, that's never going to happen. If they wanted to make it, they would have made it for the GBA." But then I saw the Bulbanews article saying that Pokémon Sunday would announce two new main series games, and they had shown one gold Poké Ball and one silver Poké Ball. And, while I always do my best to never use The Lord's name in vain, I couldn't control myself, and I said "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!" Actually, even thinking about that one moment still makes me excited now. To think I could ever so cruelly and aberrantly deny the possibility! So yeah, I freaked out, I danced, I screamed, I briefly departed from my normal religious standards. All in one.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I felt a sense of great joy that was fighting to be released from me. I then needed a change of pants.

I proceded to post on Pokecommunity (maybe some of you have heard of it) for the first time in like forever.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I thought "I knew it was coming long before this, but I'm happy they announced it anyways." Followed by "Heart Gold? -.- Oh well, it's better then Shiny..." and then some "Cursegon2 is back in action, and now with tracing capabilities!"

I didn't freak out like everyone else, and now I feel like I've missed out. :disappoin

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
  • My feeling was one of great relief. I can't say I didn't see an announcement coming this year but was kind of tired of all of the anticipation and waiting for remakes. That and the fact I wanted to see the reaction of those who had stood firm with the stance that we'd never have GSDS lol.

It's funny though because the night before, I had a dream that I was playing a game set in Johto (which weirdly enough did not resemble the region, but I guess my mind wanted to tell me it was Johto xD). As a result, me waking up and firing up the laptop to discover this news was just phenomenal. The names were unbelievably majestic too, and felt magnificent compared to the predicted names of Dusk/Dawn/Moon/Sun etc. After the initial joy though, I was then disappointed with the initial lack of substantial information about the games, and realisation dawned that the games will be released here in England over a year later. :(

I first played silver as a 10 year old when I had it for my birthday in May 2001, so just knowing that I can relive those good times by embarking on a journey with Totodile once again is great! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I had first heard of the news regarding a 'worldwide announcement'. G/S remake theories were thrown around wildly. I was all like 'Naaah.' But there were hints, and by the time it happened, I was sure it was GSDS, and I squealed like a giddy schoolgirl even though G/S had absolutely nothing to do with my childhood. xD

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • On the news that G/S are getting their remake I just jumped with joy. I was very very hppy. Eagerly waiting for them now!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    I was on Bulbpedia looking up Arecus, and was looking at his sprites and saw HG/SS under it. I was screaming "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Remakes of Gold and Silver! Oh my gosh!"

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • I think when I first joined here, there was talk of that worldwide announcement. As mentioned, many speculated these as the long awaited GSC remakes. I was almost ready to get disappointed and find out that we were hyped for no reason, but hey, it turned out to be the real deal.

My reaction? It was kind of slow. I just couldn't believe that after months of pining for the remakes, we're finally getting it.

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
    Years
  • yea. like forever g/s/c remakes have been popular.

just look at shineygold by zel.
    now its an official remake were looking forward to... no more nagging nintendo!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Ha Ha, to tell you the truth I actually did do a little dance around the house. A burst of excitement had kicked in after hearing the news of the remakes and seeing as I wanted to hear this after so many years I didn't really know what else to do. However, the idea of it eventually synced in not too long after and I basically started doing a bit of research on it. At first I was a bit inquisitive and then I gradually started to learn more and more about it. I really didn't believe it was happening and in a way I still cannot believe it. Although, I'm sure I'll be a lot more excited for when I receive the game. This is when I think the true magical moment might kick in for me and I'm sure others as well.

Back