• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That person is on PC!!

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
  • I used to go to GameFAQs all the time. One time I saw someone open up the site.

I didn't care.

With PC, though, it would be different, as this is a special-interest site that has a small amount of the userbase that GameFAQs has, and that would be rather interesting. I'd probably be beside myself with excitement, they'd turn and look at me weird, and I'd be like "Uh, sorry, I'm just surprised... but we're visiting the same site right now" or something like that.

I would find out who they were. If they were a lurker or someone somewhat obsessively active like I am. Etc. They'd probably know me - if they've been around these past two weeks.

The thing, though, that makes me doubt this would happen is that I really don't use the Internet in public much. I'm mostly someone who stays in the comforts of his own bedroom, as opposed to going to Starbucks or the library. It's just better for me that way. Though I am much more productive if I'm not on my own computer :-X

Years
  • Ideally, I'd either let them be, or try to be polite and say "hey I got there too nice to meet you."

Realistically, I'd probably be something like me creeping up to them, getting way too close to comfort, and going "are you visiting PC? OMGIMODTHEREI'MSAMMI-SANNICETOMEETYOU"

I am far more socially awkward irl than I'd ever let on, if it's something that interests me. Social skills and I do not get along. >__>

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • woo!

um...I would look, make them feel awkward, and then just leave.

That's what i always do.

Oh! And don't forget that I'll remember to memorize their name and username so it's like "hey bob nice to meet you! You know that guy who was creepily standing over you at lunch? Yeah, that's me!" and then they would all be like "oh ****" and go to their ignore list and hm...

But so far that hasn't happened so I'm good!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
    Years
  • This never happened before but, it happens this is what I'm going to do.

1. Get Closer
    2. Get A Little More Closer
    3. Peek at Username
    4. If i don't know him ~Bye~, And If I know him goto no.5
    5. I'll say. "So your [username] I'm tajaros you probably know me." I'll do this 100% if I saw you we're a staff member or a friend... xD

I always wanted to meet PC Members in real life! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That'd be pretty interesting. I might say something to them, but I would most likely end up saying nothing at all. xD" I'm kind of shy when it comes to talking to people, especially those who I don't know anything about.

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • I just ignore it and/or walk away. I'm a not a confrontational person by any means, I avoid confrontation at all costs. If it was someone from, say, Gearbox Forums I might consider it. I doubt I'll ever meet any of my friends specifically because they all live outside of my state.

Years
  • I've kinda had this happen to me a few times before. Back when I used to frequently visit DuelistGroundz I was pretty well known on there so when I went to some large scale YGO tournaments, people from the site would come up to me and be like "Are you the Overlord" etc etc. I've also recognized some people from DuelistGroundz but I didn't really approach them when I had the chance. I did approach one guy though and we had a couple of photos taken together and he tried to set me up with a feature match a few times but it didn't work out.

Spoiler:

Anyway, if I did see someone browsing PC I probably would muster up the courage to approach them. I'd probably be like "this may be a bit weird but I also browse the PC forums" and then take it from there really.

Years
  • I most likely wouldn't approach the person, unless I already knew them.

I wouldn't mind it if someone approached me, but I doubt I would be running up to someone to say hello.​

Years
  • I'd probably ask the person "I'm Hikari10 on PC, what's your username?".

Meeting PC members in real life would be pretty fun I say.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • There's a chance they'd just be like a lurker or something, so it could get awkward if I went up to them and started asking them what their username was and stuff. But then again, what's the worst that could happen? These situations are rare so why not go talk to them?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Eh, I wouldn't really care to be honest. Maybe I would walk by casually to catch their username on the way out, but other than that I would leave them alone.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 1, 2015
    If someone came up to me and said they were on PC too, I'd tell them I was just looking for hacks to try out. If I saw someone else on PC besides from a rl buddy of mine I'd ignore them to the best of my abilities in all honesty.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Oh my god I've totally thought about this before! haha.

I would ABSOLUTELY approach them and tell them I'm a member. I wouldn't tell them I'm Ausaudriel at first, but after we'd gotten to talking, or if they asked. XD

It'd be so exciting to meet someone in person and find out that they're a member on PC. Seriously, I'd be so excited. Like I'm super excited just thinking about it.

Sighhh.

I've always wanted to accidentally meet a fellow staff member, too. Like randomly see someone open up a browser and see them logged in as a mod, I would be like, HOLY AKSDJFAKSDJFASDF and tackle them to the ground. :]
    This. :(
    I would be sooooooo...oooooo...etc excited it wouldn't even be funny :/
    As Audy said, I'm unbelievably excited just thinking about it O.o
    I'd get close enough to get their username, then I'd find them, and leave a VM saying "I'm sitting right behind you" and when they looked, I'd wave.

Creepy-sounding, I know. lol
    I have on thing to say to you good sir:
    Spoiler:

As for me, I'd log into my alt account, just to make sure I remember the password as a fail-safe. Then I'd definitely approach them, tell them that I'm on PC too, of course after I'd already have found their username xD
    If they asked for my username I'd give them the alt, just for suspense purposes :3
    Eventually I'd tell them who I really was and from beginning to end, I'd be so excited I'd probably bust out of my pants at some point xD

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I'm not really a shy person, so I'd just tap 'em on the shoulder and say what I would normally say. Hello, I'm Hannah, I'm also a Pokemon lover and I go to that same forum you're on right now. My name there is Laugh. Would you mind if I borrow your laptop for a while? I really need to check out my notifications. Then I'd give 'em a creepy smile and walk off, leaving them mentally paralyzed.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm too shy to approach them so...i'll look quietly and RUUUUN xD xD
    OR
    this :
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2012
    I would probably approach them and introduce myself. It's a rarity for me to actually find someone willing to open a Pokemon forum publicly (at least that's how it is where I live) so it would be hard to notice someone who is using PC. Assuming someone does, it would be great. I'd like to meet someone who shares an interest in something that most people lost interest in.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'd tackle them! I'm usually really shy around new people and don't like starting up conversations, but if they were on PC I'd have to find out who they were! I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by! I'd have to approach them immediately and ask for their username and tell them mine. How could you not? HOW COULD YOU NOT?!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It would honestly depend on who the member was. I'd probably watch them from a distance for a bit to ascertain if they were someone I'd heard of. If yes, I'd probably go up and introduce myself; if no, then I'd stay back and maybe VM them when I got back home and access to my computer. It'd be an interesting first VM, I'll say that much!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • I would consider it first,walk awkwardly behind them and pretend to accidentally drop something,pick it up and then glance briefly at their username. If I know them or it's a staff member my reaction would probably involve heaps of excited yelling and talking,while the person sits there looking at me as if I was mental.

Then we'd probably start talking for a while and so on :3. If I don't know them...maybe just drop a VM when I can or if I ever do carry my computer around give them a message saying "Hey there! I know this might be one of the most awkward messages you've ever received,but look behind you ;)." and then watch as they turn around looking suspicious while I offer them an ice cream with toppings as well :D.

That's probably me...but I doubt I'd ever meet a PC member in real life. But it'd be amazing to actually n_n.

Last edited:
    Back