• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Years
  • The 3DS releases tomorrow for those of us who live in the United States. I pre-ordered Pilotwings Resort as well as Steel Diver with mine. I cannot wait!

Also, I will finally get to play my copy of Pokemon White tomorrow. I wasn't able to before since I didn't have a DS. :P

Which are you going to play first? Talk about choices! XD
    Well, congratulations on your first DS console.​

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • OMG i love the 3Ds soooo many features! and proper 3D! by the way does anyone have thier 3Ds friend code? because i wanna friend code!

Years
  • I love my 3DS, there is so much to do. Even Face Raiders and AR games are ridiculously addictive.

PES 3D and Pokemon Black (with my wi-fi connected now :D) will last me forever as well.

Years
  • Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Years

• >Hardcore Halo player
    >Likes Apple

The 3DS and iPhone serve different functions, but he does at least have a good point with the battery. Only 3 hours with everything on the highest setting sounds really annoying.

Good thing 3D doesn't matter.

Hey! I like Apple. D:

Anyway, it is true. The annoying thing is the battery life is a little low when taking into account your PSP. But, nothing can be done about it. It isn't exactly a huge hinderance.​

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I got the 3DS earlier today. The 3D is great and they did a good job, especially with the depth perception. I haven't gotten any games yet, so the only game I'm playing on it right now is Pokemon White. The only thing that I can complain about is the quality of the screens. The screens aren't very sharp :|. I don't know, it's not the same as my DS Lite, but I think I can get used to it, and the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Years
  • I got the 3DS earlier today. The 3D is great and they did a good job, especially with the depth perception. I haven't gotten any games yet, so the only game I'm playing on it right now is Pokemon White. The only thing that I can complain about is the quality of the screens. The screens aren't very sharp :|. I don't know, it's not the same as my DS Lite, but I think I can get used to it, and the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

I thought this.
    I wasn't sure if it was just my eyes spazzing out due to playing with the 3D or not.​

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • The reasons the screens aren't "very sharp" is because the 3DS's screens are higher resolution than the DS's. So when you play a DS game on the 3DS, it's going to be blown up to fit the higher resolution, which causes it to blur. Same concept as blowing up an SD signal (Wii, PS2, etc.) to an HDTV.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    The reasons the screens aren't "very sharp" is because the 3DS's screens are higher resolution than the DS's. So when you play a DS game on the 3DS, it's going to be blown up to fit the higher resolution, which causes it to blur. Same concept as blowing up an SD signal (Wii, PS2, etc.) to an HDTV.

Yep.

If you want to play the DS games in their original size, not being stretched to the bigger screen, then hold down 'Start' and 'Select' while booting the DS game and it will stay it's original size ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Yep.

If you want to play the DS games in their original size, not being stretched to the bigger screen, then hold down 'Start' and 'Select' while booting the DS game and it will stay it's original size ;)
    Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

I think that in the next system update there should be an option to be able to adjust how much you want it to be blown up, because it's a little small at its original resolution.

Also, people were asking if you could communicate with previous DS models, and not surprisingly, you can. I tried it with my brother's DSi just to make sure.

Years
  • Yep.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

I think that in the next system update there should be an option to be able to adjust how much you want it to be blown up, because it's a little small at its original resolution.

Also, people were asking if you could communicate with previous DS models, and not surprisingly, you can. I tried it with my brother's DSi just to make sure.

Yes, thank you as well. I did not know that.

Yep, you can. I tried it with my DSi XL. Main reason I kept it was for trading Pokemon over! XD​

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Bought the 3DS yesterday, £80 from trading in my Nintendo DSi :) so far, I'm amazed, didn't expect it to be this good, puzzled how they've done it, but I've only got Asphalt 3D so far, really good game IMO. planning on getting more (Might get Street Fighter tomorrow) any suggestions? ~ looking forward too Mario Kart 3D too!

Years
  • Bought the 3DS yesterday, £80 from trading in my Nintendo DSi :) so far, I'm amazed, didn't expect it to be this good, puzzled how they've done it, but I've only got Asphalt 3D so far, really good game IMO. planning on getting more (Might get Street Fighter tomorrow) any suggestions? ~ looking forward too Mario Kart 3D too!

Congratulations! :3
    I was chatting with my coursemate yesterday about how they have done it and how interesting it would be to get a our hands on a SDK.

One I must recommend to you, when it comes out, is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, if you didn't know about it already.​

Years
  • I'll be trading in my DSi for it soon, but I'm unsure of what color to get? which one looks the best? :3 I'm leaning towards black.

The black is just standard black; exactly the same as the other DS's, from what I saw of it.
    The blue is a little funky. If you like, I can take a picture of it with my DSLR so you can see what it looks like, exactly?​

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Hey! I like Apple. D:

Anyway, it is true. The annoying thing is the battery life is a little low when taking into account your PSP. But, nothing can be done about it. It isn't exactly a huge hinderance.​
    I just found it hilarious how he was a hardcore halo player yet he constantly talked about Apple, which is right with Popcap when it comes to hardcore games.
    I'll be trading in my DSi for it soon, but I'm unsure of what color to get? Which one looks the best? :3 I'm leaning towards black.

If you can't wait, definitely black. I think white would look so much sleeker, but black shouldn't be a problem since I heard it was fingerprint resistant.

Back