• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Years
    Spoke to my mate today who works in gamestation, (UK Game shop) and he said he can get me a heavy discount on the 3DS so it will only be £100.

So, after everything I said, I have pre-ordered the 3DS! XD​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Congrats on the discount, Cap'n. :) And s4rg10, I'm surprised you even got that much for five games. To my knowledge, GameStop doesn't really pay a lot for used games. That's how I experienced it anyway. :x

I don't know if I've said this already, but I'm not pre-ordering. XD Probably going to wait for OoT or Kid Icarus' release and then bother with it. Or whenever Pokemon moves to the 3DS, since I did the same with the DS. But the Lite was right behind so idk, that might be foolish to do again. We shall see~!

Years
    I guess it is the whole, 'it's not what you know, it's who you know.'

I am happy to pay £100 for it, so that is fine. And I played on it in the shop today. It is pretty nice. However, the annoying thing is the top screen doesn't have an anti-glare on it. Which is very annoying and hard to see when there is light around you. :/​

Years
    Meh, $250 isn't as much as I originally thought, besides its not my money I'll be using, so I'm getting a 3DS.

Besides, I need an extra DS to trade things from my SS to my White.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    That's one hell of a discount. ._. I need to have friends like those. =p

I tried out the 3DS yesterday btw at a nintendo 3DS promo tour in Sydney. It was really quite good - the 3D effect usually only takes a few seconds to get used to (even with switching to different ones with different games - closing one eye might help btw) and when it does kick in...it looks great. Pilotwings benefits from it greatly, as does OoT which looks and feels very well done. Street Fighter and RE is also decent while Nintendogs (+ cats) is a good step up from the DS one, very well programmed. The KI game looks god too although the controls could be a better better imo, maybe it just takes some getting used to or it'll be improved when it does come out (it isn't a launch title after all). Overall I'm impressed by it.

Also blue looks the superior colour when you actually see both, imo.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    The games certainly look good so far but I still haven't completely made up my mind yet and I'm not one who's willing to take chances. I'm not buying it as soon as it launches. Instead, I'll wait a while to see whether it goes boom or bust.

Years
    If I am honest, I can't see it going anything but boom. (In the good way).
    Only because it has been hyped so much and been given a good reception. It isn't like the PSPgo which fell on its facce before it was even released.
    Not a lot of people like that from the moment go, (get it?) because of the lack of UMDs. So we will have to see what happens, but I think it will flourish.​

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well I don't think theres a tour anywhere near cardiff. I will be getting the 3DS instore on launch day.

Years
    Just won auction on ebay for Lexar Platinum II 32gb SDHC card.
    32gb is what 3DS supports maximum, so i wont have to worry about space (taking 3d pictures gonna be fun) will have to worry only about battery life

CANT WAIT FOR 3DS AHHHGGG :D

Years
    Just won auction on ebay for Lexar Platinum II 32gb SDHC card.
    32gb is what 3DS supports maximum, so i wont have to worry about space (taking 3d pictures gonna be fun) will have to worry only about battery life

CANT WAIT FOR 3DS AHHHGGG :D

Congratulations on winning the card.
    How much did you win it for? If you don't mind me asking.

I am rather looking forward to the 3DS, but I don't even know what release games I am getting yet! XD​

Years
    Congratulations on winning the card.
    How much did you win it for? If you don't mind me asking.

I am rather looking forward to the 3DS, but I don't even know what release games I am getting yet! XD​

Got it for 34$, the card goes for like 80-90$ with buy now and retails for over 100$
    its Class 6 card so keep in mind that not only SDHC cards comes in different sizes but in different speeds, Class 6 means it has minimum write speed of 6mb/sec, also brands like Lexar,Sandisk and Kingston have more maximum write speed than other no name class 6 cards

But to be honest, the 2gb that comes with 3DS probably will be class 2 (thou i´m not sure, was searching for info on this but cant find anything) so i think class 4 should be more than enough if anyone will be interesting in upgrading their sdhc cards in 3ds

dawn2cool

One Emotional Rocker
    Years
    I finally finished paying off my pre order of the 3DS yesterday :3

I can't wait to get it on release date, even though I'll probably be waiting in line for hours.
    I wanna get Street Fighter IV but blew my $ on the system already lol.

Years
    I heard that Call of Duty will be released on the 3DS, and I mean that'll be pretty amazing. They should also add trophies or gamer scores, just like the PS3/XBox 360.

Though, I'm not going to buy the 3DS straight away, as I'll be getting the NGP. It looks so much better than the 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Portable shooters never work particularly good, especially those on a system with only one analogue stick. And any kind of Trophy/Achievement system sounds out-of-character for Nintendo to implement.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I have a quick question... is Gamestop having one of those offers where you can sell your current DS and get like $70 or whatever for it towards a purchase of a 3DS? I really want to do that...

Years
    Portable shooters never work particularly good, especially those on a system with only one analogue stick. And any kind of Trophy/Achievement system sounds out-of-character for Nintendo to implement.

I agree. I think it would be very awkward to play a FFS on the 3DS, since I am very use to moving and aiming using 2 analog sticks. I think it would just be very horrible controls.

As for the achievement system, I agree once more. It would be very, linar of them to do it, since everyone else does it. Not saying it is a bad thing, but I don't think it would match the type of system that it is.​

I have a quick question... is Gamestop having one of those offers where you can sell your current DS and get like $70 or whatever for it towards a purchase of a 3DS? I really want to do that...

I don't know, since the offer on the first page is only for the UK.
    Why don't you go in and ask, or check on the website to see if they have any offers like that. I would think they would have some form of deal on.​

Back