• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021

MagicalNeko

Magical and Fluffy Trainer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Yaaayz I got my 3DS~

It's aweshroom ^^ I got SMB3D and MK7...the 3D totally blows my mind, I never thought I'd be impressed but it's soooooo good ^^ Especially in SMB when a giant flying fish came jumping at me, smashed through a wooden bridge and chunks of wood flew at my face xD

The next game I want is......Rayman Origins, which isn't out for a while. It's early days for the 3DS, the launch lineup wasn't that good, I think they had their hopes riding on Zelda and the two Mario titles, which doesn't leave much for people who don't like them.

The next games I'm hoping to get are Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life. I'm waiting for 2013 mainly though...when the J-RPGs come out in full force...yesssss, I'm training my wallet to unleash it's Bankai when the time is right xP

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • Cool, I love SMB3D and MK7 too, and I kinda wanna get Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS when it comes out since it looked pretty awesome on the previews via the 3DS Online eShop [on the 3DS]. Does anyone know when Luigi's Mansion comes out on the 3DS?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I got my 3DS a few days after returning from London. Bought Ocarina of Time to go with it. I love it so much, haha. The 3D effect is nice, but I find it difficult to use, especially in a game like Zelda, so I keep it off most of the time. Can't wait for some of these later titles though, like KH. ;o; And isn't Tales of the Abyss supposed to be getting a 3DS release? ;_____________________; <333

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Yeah it is. I also went and downloaded the Resident Evil Revelations demo. Haven't played it yet, though. There are waaaaay too many controls for my head to wrap around.

I found them easy to use, but preferences I guess. It DOES feel rather weird on a handheld.

Pre-ordered Revelations, hope it turns out good, really hoping it hypes me more for 6.

Also awaiting Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion.

Currently playing Mario Kart 7 :p

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Personally, I find the controls in the Resident Evil Revelations demo just right for me, after a bit of experimenting. Turns out that the defaults are suited for me. ^.^

That game did give me a lot of scares somehow. In the middle of the day, in a brightly-lit room... XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I got my 3DS a few days after returning from London. Bought Ocarina of Time to go with it. I love it so much, haha. The 3D effect is nice, but I find it difficult to use, especially in a game like Zelda, so I keep it off most of the time. Can't wait for some of these later titles though, like KH. ;o; And isn't Tales of the Abyss supposed to be getting a 3DS release? ;_____________________; <333

Zelda is great in 3D imo until you get to the like bow/slingshot and stuff like that. Rotating the 3DS is great and really fast compared to using the controls for it, but then you don't have your head in the right spot and the 3D doesn't work, so I always switched it off whenever I had to do that haha.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I use the control stick slider to position myself in those first-person moment in Ocarina of Time. Then I use the motion control just to fine-tune and adjust. I don't have to turn my head and I don't lose the 3D effect

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Ha, I never really played Face raiders until the Gamerz Club at my school. This guy (one of the few Pony lovers I know there) suggested I take pictures of Trixie, Gilda, and Prince Blueblood so we can kill some *****es! XD

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Any Monster Hunter fans out there?
    According to EDGE magazine, America/Europe is going to be seeing Monster Hunter Tri G, the latest installment in the massively popular Japanese Monster Hunter series, localized after all. Yay Capcom for understanding that you have a fan base in places other than Japan!

Ohhhh my godddd. This is going to make me re-get the 3DS like five times over.

Last edited:
    Years
  • is that just a 3d port of the one they had on wii? I recently got Tales of the Abyss and i just want to note that people buying this should not expect great graphics or 3d but to expect a good story and good game play. This is my first tales game and I find it similar to Kingdom Heart, although i only played chain of memories on the gba. It is a really fun game although im only about 7 hours in and the leveling system is so convenient. It's good for somebody looking for a casual jrpg but also has so many options that it would also suit more i hardcore fans in my opinion.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Oh yeah, I forgot Tales of the Abyss is out on the 3DS now.
    That and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D (The MGS 3 port)

And Monster Hunter Tri G is somewhat of a port of the one on the Wii.
    It features a slightly modified version of the town in the Wii title, Tri's monsters, they added A LOT of monsters from their other games, and G Rank missions, which is a far higher difficulty than Tri's highest difficulty.
    Also, they have new controls/customization, more weapon types, more weapons/armor, and slightly better graphics in my opinion. They seem to have a better lighting/shadow system.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • So... A video was released about Kid Icarus: Uprising... And holy crap!

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

That looks so awesome.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Oh my god, that was awesome. I must get this title now.
    I kind of lost interest in Kid Icarus: Uprising awhile back, but this just looks incredible.
    Being from the makers of the Super Smash Brothers series, I can definitely see a lot of that in the multiplayer, haha. : P

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • Yes... Especially with the whole menu design, the "GAME SET" thing when a game ends, and whenever an enemy is knocked off the edge, there is that telltale beam of "YOU FAIL" that comes from where they fall, and of course, the collection aspects are quite similar as well.

Way to go HAL! (The people who made Smash Bros, Pokemon Ranger, and Kirby)

Back