• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I vote 3D Land if you had to pick, it's super fun and packed full of content, especially if you want to 100% it.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I have one. It's not a bad system at all, and compared to the other DS systems, it is definitely superior. As long as you don't play GBA games on a DS regularly, than having a 3DS should not be a problem. Although there are not too many great titles out, it has some greats games you should consider purchasing. I would suggest buying it when the price drops, just because you save more money that way.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    That's really surprising. I was under the same impression. o.o; But then again, I do know a lot more people who were early adopters of the 3DS compared to the DS.

I just got my 3DS yesterday. <3 It's a Misty Pink one and I got Kingdom Hearts 3D with it which, to be honest, was the only reason I wanted a 3DS in the first place. I'm loving the game but I'm kind of iffy on the console itself. The start/select buttons are horrible and, honestly, the 3D has made me pretty sick so I've had to keep the slider off if I want to play any longer than 5-10 minutes at a time. I'm hoping that's just because I'm on prescription painkillers right now and once my head's back to normal, it'll be able to take the 3D without getting dizzy. @_@

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    That's really surprising. I was under the same impression. o.o; But then again, I do know a lot more people who were early adopters of the 3DS compared to the DS.

I just got my 3DS yesterday. <3 It's a Misty Pink one and I got Kingdom Hearts 3D with it which, to be honest, was the only reason I wanted a 3DS in the first place. I'm loving the game but I'm kind of iffy on the console itself. The start/select buttons are horrible and, honestly, the 3D has made me pretty sick so I've had to keep the slider off if I want to play any longer than 5-10 minutes at a time. I'm hoping that's just because I'm on prescription painkillers right now and once my head's back to normal, it'll be able to take the 3D without getting dizzy. @_@
    The console could have done with some more time in development. The start, select, and home buttons are just awkward. And the second slide pad and additional buttons should have been present from the start.

And, I'm going with the painkillers. Have 3D on at full blast is my preferred way to play. Ocarina of Time just looked absolutely gorgeous and it is really beneficial in Super Mario 3D Land. Even for extended amounts of time. Really try to adjust to it once you're off painkillers, it really is the point of the system

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I doubt it's the painkillers, as a lot of people have that problem with the 3D. I sometimes feel like i'm the only one who enjoys it/doesn't hurt after using it. D: Never mind, guess i'm not the only one after all! :P
    Though I do find it annoying in some games that might have me spazzing out, much like online matches in Street Fighter 3D. It was fun in OoT 3D, when using the Gyroscope view. Pilotwings was a good one too, despite being basically shovel ware.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying KH3D though! *Can't wait for the English release*

Years
    I just bought one today!!! I got a brand new Cosmo Black Nintendo 3DS! And I bought the new Kid Icarus too. It even finally got me up to platinum for Club Nintendo! So far I am loving my 3DS, but I wish I had more games! And yes Cello, I too enjoy the 3D and my eyes haven't gotten sore yet.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm usually absolutely fine with 3D things (or at least, movies in the theatre) and I tend to like it, so yeah... hopefully it is just the painkillers.

If anything, the 3D is excellent for HUDs. @_@ It brings them up and out of the way of the action so it feels a lot more natural. Also the subtitles/captions are the same way. I may not be a fan of action and everything in 3D since... well... it does make me sick so far... but the inconsequential stuff? It's brilliant in 3D.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I've been following the 3DS since it was released, and yeah, the general opinion was that it was failing while it was doing anything but.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, just got Colors! 3D, and it's really fun actually. It unleashes the inner creativeness you may have. And there are so many amazing pieces of work on there uggh.

So true! I never knew that I could do digital art OK-ish. I guess I really can't draw with a mouse, huh?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Well, just got Colors! 3D, and it's really fun actually. It unleashes the inner creativeness you may have. And there are so many amazing pieces of work on there uggh.

That actually sounds kinda neat, and right up my alley.
    I've kept hearing about it but I never really looked into it, but I think i'll give it a look now. :o

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Colors! 3D looks great! Sadly, I highly doubt it's something I'll end purchasing as I simply suck at art.

Right now I'm playing Pushmo and... ugh! The game was really fun at first, but once I got to the bonus levels it became torture. I just want to beat it. :laugh:

NatureKeeper

Zelda's OK, but can get a bit frustrating at times.

Super Mario 3D Land is super easy, and the special worlds can be super hard. Such a leap destroys the game.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Nintendo 3DS

If you're a fan of RPG(or rather JRPG), I recommend you picking up Tales of the Abyss. You might like it more than Zelda, depending on your taste of the game.

There's also Devil Survivor Overclocked and if you like horror games, there's Resident Evil: Revelations, and Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir(Fatal Frame spin-off game for 3DS).

Lot of other games to try out. You just can't go wrong with 3DS, especially with the last year's price cut and all that($250 => $170, sometimes $150 on promotional discount from various retailers such as Best Buy).

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Okay piles of news regarding the N3DS today.

1. There WILL be a system update on April 25 that adds folders to the main menu (60 icons can be put in each folder) and allows game patch updates.
    2. New Super Mario Bros 2 will be released in August in Japan (IT HAS A P-METER TAKE MY MONEY)
    3. MK7 will be the first game to benefit from the game patching (Perhaps fixing the Maka Wuhu bug?)
    4. Animal Crossing 3DS will be released in the fall in Japan, nothing announced for other regions.

Whatcha think of all the news?

I just read about all of this on IGN. Briefly, here are my opinions on everything:

1. Another system update is always welcomed, and I just so happen to love the idea of folders. Here's hoping there will be more!

2. This is awesome! I liked New Super Mario Bros. on the DS more than the Wii so I am very excited about this. That being said, the graphics seem a little bad, but I'm sure that's just because it's new and thus the quality is lower. Well, that and I'm not viewing it on the 3D screen.

3. Yup, it has been confirmed that Maka Wuhu will be getting a patch. As a regular and professional racer in Mario Kart 7, this news has left me very satisfied to say the least. Once you take into account that Nintendo already addressed this concern and said it likely wouldn't see a patch, this is very relieving. It's a good thing, too, because I'm really starting to get bored of Maka Wuhu. It's going to play out like a brand-new track now! I hope there will be more in the patch!

4. I actually found this one rather disappointing. You'd think the game would be out much sooner. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be a ton of content!

Years
    After having a long think and letting this thread carry on, I have decided to merge it into the 3DS thread as, let's face it, basicly what should be discussed in here. Only reason it wasn't moved at the start is because I was on a leave of absence! :3

Enjoy.​

Back