• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
  • I personally think the League will be interrupted and Ash and them will be traveling all over the region to stop Team Flare. This might be the reason why the Pokemon League will be held in Lumious City. Which Ironically is where the Start of the anime, middle of the anime and the end of the anime will probably be.
    As much as I wanna see a normal Pokemon League with Ash actually winning the thing, bringing Team Flare into it would certainly make it more interesting! That also means Alan would come back into it, and I am also all for that.

They'd probably have some league battles, Team Flare getting in the way, and then more league battles until Ash loses and it ends.

Or Team Flare decides to move into a Alola, and Ash follows them there. Only Ash, because Serena's Showcases are significant to Kalos (that we know of), and Clemont's gym is in Kalos obv.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    They have to tread veeerrryyyy carefully with the league though if Flare gets involved. any sort of violence or takeover-esque thing would be pretty bad considering where Kalos is in comparison to our world and thus where the league itself is. :x i've already seen those who live in france shown some discomfort on where the league and Flare plot might go.

But they've been pretty good about this sort of thing (not releasing the plasma arc in the desert because of irl things that happened, for one) so hopefully they don't screw up here.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • They have to tread veeerrryyyy carefully with the league though if Flare gets involved. any sort of violence or takeover-esque thing would be pretty bad considering where Kalos is in comparison to our world and thus where the league itself is. :x i've already seen those who live in france shown some discomfort on where the league and Flare plot might go.

But they've been pretty good about this sort of thing (not releasing the plasma arc in the desert because of irl things that happened, for one) so hopefully they don't screw up here.

Yeah, I think that is why they might leave Lumious City. If the League was canceled, it would give Ash a reason to move on to Alola as the default victor, but not accept it. Another reason the stuff was canceled in BW, was because Castelia was supposed to take on a lot of damage.

The did the same thing in Kalos with the Skrelp Episode, but eventually released it a few month after the Ferry in South Korea capsized. They have done this with countless other episodes as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Has anyone seen the Hoopa movie ? Because i just watched it and in genral it's pretty bad but does anyone notice the stupidity with the time and space problem ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Depends. I mean.... what happened in France was pretty brutal so hopefully since it's been a while that they have something in mind that doesn't default Ash or anyone to winning (I'd hate that) or cause a bunch of destruction.

As for the Hoopa movie I've watched... half of it. Honestly I just can't find myself to be able to finish it because I didn't find the plot interesting which is saying something because I'm not picky at all. But maybe i'll give it another chance sometime.

Years
  • They have to tread veeerrryyyy carefully with the league though if Flare gets involved. any sort of violence or takeover-esque thing would be pretty bad considering where Kalos is in comparison to our world and thus where the league itself is. :x i've already seen those who live in france shown some discomfort on where the league and Flare plot might go.

Yeah, I think that is why they might leave Lumious City. If the League was canceled, it would give Ash a reason to move on to Alola as the default victor, but not accept it. Another reason the stuff was canceled in BW, was because Castelia was supposed to take on a lot of damage.

The did the same thing in Kalos with the Skrelp Episode, but eventually released it a few month after the Ferry in South Korea capsized. They have done this with countless other episodes as well.

I agree with you, the nasty terrorist attacks in France last year were huge headlines around the world and it left a lot of the French traumatized so having Team Flare do something bad to disrupt the league would not be the right thing to do out of respect due to discomfort.

Team Flare have mostly only appeared in the Mega Evolution specials so far because the writers seem to avoid having them show up in the main anime. The league looks like it won't be Flare-affected and if it ends early we might just have some fillers before the eventual finale for XY where Ash says goodbye to Serena, Clemont and Bonnie.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Team Flare has only been interested in Zygarde as of recent. I see them phasing out or some characters showing up later for brief storylines

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    So , everyone too afraid to expect Ash winning Kalos league.
    However , Its one League that Ash must win at all cost considering he's the one at the most disadvantage.
    Let forget his 19 restrain on winning any major tournament that last for 3 episode without a tag partner.
    Ash has an unbalanced team with 3 flying pokemon ! One 6th Pokemon can't improve it.
    Also , Ash is most deserving of megevolution then any character in the series but writer destroyed all his possibility of getting mega pokemon though Ash-Greninja.
    Even Shota can get Both Mega Secptile and Mega Salamence but Ash is stuck with one Greninja.
    Currently , Ash-Greninja needs to prove himself more then any other Mega Pokemon.

Plus , People and critic are insulting Pokemon anime stuff for repeating same story over and over . So , Haven't they felt any shame yet.
    At least , This time they should do something different like Ash winning the kalos league.
    They can do something different like letting Alain beat an E4 member like Malva But they can not allow Ash to win a League. Can you see why I believe the Current writers favoring their own creating over an " Old Character" like Ash.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Has anyone seen the Hoopa movie ? Because i just watched it and in genral it's pretty bad but does anyone notice the stupidity with the time and space problem ?

Welcome to Pokemon anime, first off.

And second, I saw that movie. I just thought it was cute. Annd, yeah, Pokemon isn't known for being... good with the time and space thing. u_u

Team Flare has only been interested in Zygarde as of recent. I see them phasing out or some characters showing up later for brief storylines

I honestly feel this way, too. The Flare arc is probably going to end soon. The movie is coming up, so maybe the movie will try and wrap this up nicely. & At everyone above me talking about Team Flare possibly interfering with the League. Eh. I don't think they'll do that. Any sort of connotation to what's been going on in the world lately would never allow for that. I mean, Alain is working for Lysandre, so I do expect to see a little Lysandre in the anime eventually...it's all a matter of when. I hope the Flare arc is settled soon, though. Really.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Ah, man, I hadn't thought about the anime being so sensitive to real world issues, but I know that's effected it before. D: That does seem like a plausible reason to not have Flare invade the league, even if it would make the show itself interesting enough. It just feels like it has five separate issues to wrap up and only 30 or so episodes to do it in. Maybe the Flare issue will wrap up quicker than I think, so that the League remains untouched, which means Alan will leave sooner than some of his fanbase hopes, but whatcha gonna do? Hmm.

Part of this is probably just me wanting Flare to have had a bigger role than what they're getting.

And I know Pokemon is notorious for repeating the same plot pieces, but I would like to see Ash win the Kalos league, if the thing does run smoothly. That wouldn't make him a Pokemon master who's journey is finished, that's only one league. /huffs

Years
  • I honestly feel this way, too. The Flare arc is probably going to end soon. The movie is coming up, so maybe the movie will try and wrap this up nicely. & At everyone above me talking about Team Flare possibly interfering with the League. Eh. I don't think they'll do that. Any sort of connotation to what's been going on in the world lately would never allow for that. I mean, Alain is working for Lysandre, so I do expect to see a little Lysandre in the anime eventually...it's all a matter of when. I hope the Flare arc is settled soon, though. Really.

The writing for Team Flare will be risky due to the terrorist attacks that have been happening and how they impact on the people who experienced it, so I don't expect a good plot from Team Flare due to the writers having to play safe as a way to avoid connotations to real-world disasters, especially with many French people still traumatized by last November's terrorist attack. If Flare's plot ends up disappointing to most of us, it'll be because of the "playing it safe" writing procedure.

In the games, Flare's plot was essentially genocide. If that was carried over to the anime, it won't work because of some cultures being sensitive and easily traumatized so they'll likely have to be rewritten entirely out of respect for those people. Just look at Team Plasma's plot to destroy Castelia City, which got written out entirely due to a terrible earthquake and nuclear disaster in Japan due to the country's sensitivity towards natural disasters. We had a Hoenn episode that was also written out due to an earthquake, and is also blamed for why you don't see many Ground-type moves used in the anime, because of the sensitivity issues the Japanese go through.

I do hope Lysandre shows up, but given how the anime gets affected easily by real-world disasters, it has to be written well but at the same time not cause trauma for people who were affected by said disaster.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    It wouldn't be as much as a problem if it wasn't for the city the league was located in, but alas. Hopefully they have something in mind since the Flare plot didn't start in the main anime until after November. They've had time to think of something good.

Years
  • It wouldn't be as much as a problem if it wasn't for the city the league was located in, but alas. Hopefully they have something in mind since the Flare plot didn't start in the main anime until after November. They've had time to think of something good.

Funnily enough, November 2015 was when the Paris terrorist attacks happened so maybe the writers did have plans for Team Flare but had to rewrite it entirely out of respect for traumatized victims of the incident.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't see the League lasting for more than 15 episodes. 10 got Ash to the semi finals in Sinnoh. If he does make it to the Top 2, I can see a massive battle between Alain and Ash. That would still leave us with a few weeks short before Alola games come out.

Something to note would be that we don't know the evil team for Sun and Moon yet. It is possible for both Flare and Rockets to play a part in Alola, instead of a new team. And if Flare doesn't make some type of big appearance. Then I don't think there would have been a point to have them pop up in the anime at all in XYZ. We know it is likely they they had to re write the arc yet again. So they have something planned.

They are going to have to be very careful with the Alola Episodes. Especially with some natural disasters being rather common.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Well, two episodes will be a two-part of either Ash's last battle, or the battle before the battle he loses (or wins, who knows). Maybe two-two parters depending on who he faces. So it depends on how they want to pace it and where Team Flare comes in with it. There's still time for them to show off a new Pokemon in the anime, so I hope that they do before he actually goes to Alola.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Two know , I wish Serena hair grow enough for a Pigtail .
    It would be cool if she reappears with pigtail as her third design like Lucy -
    Spoiler:

Seriously , I could really use some fanart of Serena in Pigtails.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I finally found the new opening. Only the last 10 seconds along with a few small changes seem to have changed. Where Wulfric was, it is now 100% ZYgarde vs what looks like 2 flying ships, one could be Flare and one could be Rocket.

I can't tell where they are, but the giant red thing that is seen where Zygarde is flying toward might be 'The Weapon' and there isn't even a battle or any type of screen time for the League like there usually is. So it looks like Team Flare arc will be overshadowing the League.

Also Ash and the others aren't even shown in the last 10 seconds until the very end when they end the theme. Only Bonnie is shown. So this arc might be focused on mainly Bonnie.

It also looks like the 2nd Squishy may become corrupt and fight Bonnie's Squishy.

Last edited:

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • It would actually be kinda cool to see two Zygarde's battle.

I'm just wondering how long the Flare thing will last, if it is gonna finish before the League, which isn't too far off. I hope they don't rush it too badly.

Back