• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Battle Frontier

ShadowSlashz

Shadow
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Well I hope the emerald frontier returns just renamed as the resort with the battle maison added in!
    it could just be a rename of battle frontier or there could be 2 areas battle frontier and battle resort?

other things have been renamed like secret bases to super secret bases etc.

My only hope is for Lucy of the battle pike to return!

Please Gamefreak!

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
    Well, from the new trailer, we see that we battle Deoxys in space, AKA the Final Frontier.

Wait.

Battle Deoxys in the Final Frontier.

Battle Frontier.

Battle Frontier in space confirmed. (Zeta/Omicron did it)

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    What if... Nintendo added fake stuff into the demo because they knew people would hack into it to leak stuff early, and half of the stuff leaked is actually fake. We might have the normal Battle Frontier back, and they just through an illusion in there.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    The Battle Frontier is this area that you can access after beating the game (first appeared in Crystal, but the more notable appearance was in Emerald, Platinum and HGSS) It basically was a place where you could battle, but it had different rules that made things interesting. Like Rental Pokemon where you had to use rental pokemon. Or battle Arcade where you would spin a roulette and get different effects, or just other stuff.

The first appearance of the Frontier was in Emerald. Crystal had only the Battle Tower.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    What if... Nintendo added fake stuff into the demo because they knew people would hack into it to leak stuff early, and half of the stuff leaked is actually fake. We might have the normal Battle Frontier back, and they just through an illusion in there.
    Maybe they only left some parts of the Frontier in there, like the name Battle Resort. Similar to how Zinnia's info was in the Demo but nothing about Episode Delta itself seemed to have been in the coding.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Apparently Battle Points can be obtained. I'm not sure if this is just for the Battle Facility or from the new Battle Court in Mauville City, but iirc you received BPs from the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

Years
    The plot ends practically after defeating the evil team, and if we're lucky we get some post game side story. So the Battle Frontier gives us something to do with all the post game training. Also the Emerald Frontier is by far more fun than the Sinnoh/Johto one (you know just saying incase you haven't played the Emerald one considering the numbers that did are going down as older fans are replaced by new fans).

Years
    Why even continue to play the game post game in that case? Or even after defeating the evil team for that matter as the plot practically ends there? The BF at least gives us something to do with our Pokemon after the plot ends.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    beating a gym leader is a part of the plot.. and it lets u go on further in the game, unlike battling without any goal

The goal is to collect the Frontier Symbols and complete the collection, like completing the Pokedex. You could also earn BP to trade for prizes. It's not pointless and it was fun for people who had a goal in mind.

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
    Years
    I really hope that Emerald's BF is added to OR and AS. More specifically, the Battle Dome! I use to love that place. If not I'll have my fingers crossed for a Delta Emerald...

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I really hope that Emerald's BF is added to OR and AS. More specifically, the Battle Dome! I use to love that place. If not I'll have my fingers crossed for a Delta Emerald...

Yeah, because it's totally a good idea to remake a game just because of a certain battle facility when ORAS already add to the Rayquaza mythos more than Emerald ever had.

Years
    @ Cerberus Well those of us who were for Hoenn remakes mainly wanted them to re-experience the region in new graphics even though we could obtain all of the Hoenn Pokemon from XY and previous generations, and RSE are still playable unlike RGBYGSC(which had inferior batteries compared to RSE) as long as one has a GBA or a pre-DSi version of the DS.)

Back