• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Battle Frontier

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    @ Cerberus Well those of us who were for Hoenn remakes mainly wanted them to re-experience the region in new graphics even though we could obtain all of the Hoenn Pokemon from XY and previous generations, and RSE are still playable unlike RGBYGSC(which had inferior batteries compared to RSE) as long as one has a GBA or a pre-DSi version of the DS.)

Seriously, you Hoenn fans are already getting a pair of games with the kickass 3DS graphics, more features (e.g. Mega Evolutions) than in the main games of the generation (Kalos), and an expanded Rayquaza subplot that wasn't even present in Emerald where Rayquaza himself was the star. What more could you possibly want?

I was answering to an earlier comment who suggested remaking Emerald due to possible lack of Frontier in ORAS.

Though I guess the Delta Episode opens up possibilities for dual remakes of DP as well, since they could, and would, shoehorn Giratina's story into them as easily as they have done with Rayquaza and ORAS (creating something better, since the Rayquaza plot in Emerald wasn't very developed although it was part of the main storyline).

People are hopeful for the Frontier, but, will the game suck without it? IMO it will be good either way. I guess I just don't care since I've never played the Frontier much in both of its iterations (3rd and 4th gen). I found the PWT much cooler.

Years
    I wonder what facility they ment?

If i'm not mistaken, that guy is the same Backpacker who gives you the Strange Souvenir, which is not in any region we've heard of. So I don't know about you, but that guy may have been talking about another region (like Marriland has been speculating).

And i'm with Cerberus on the fact that the game won't need the Battle Frontier to be good, because the Resort i'm sure will be at least something similar to it. But you know what? I couldn't give less of a flying fudge if the Battle Frontier isn't present, not that i'm intentionally trashing it but I think people take the thought of it not being in the game way out of proportion.

Years
    I honestly don't care if it returns. I don't think it'll make the game suck if it's not in it. If it's in the game cool, but if it's not okay whatever.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It just won't feel like the remake I hoped for if it lacks the Frontier...most as Emerald was my first game...which explains my mention of Delta Emerald maybe happening if they don't do the frontier...
    Maybe they could bring back the Frontier but retcon the Tower to the Maison with Anabel still as the brain, then by Z the frontier could've moved to Kalos.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Likewise Juan wont make appearance based on the demo.. so unless the full game has more changes..but most probably it would be battle island.. since the area is also an island..

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    They could even turn the Battle Frontier into some sort of Post game plot. I'd like to see the Frontier Brains become something within the main plot or post game plot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I can't speak for others, but personally, I feel it'd be great if Frontier Brains were to appear throughout the game from location-to-location, making you feel more familiar and whatnot.

In Emerald when first meeting these people, things felt sort of... unnatural, so to speak. These guys are special, as they have their own sprites and whatnot, and since they are, I believe it would be best if they were treated as such and were put into larger role and whatnot, rather than their usual meet-greet-battle position. Not sure how much sense I'm making here, but I hope we're able to understand what I'm attempting to get through!

Of course, people such as Elite Four don't tend to appear before battling them initially, but some do (Flint in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, for example), so if they were to stick by this for Frontier Brains as well, I believe it'd have much more of a stronger touch on players overall.

Years
    It would be nice to see at least one. Irc Pearl's father appeared outside of his facility in Pt at least once. I would like to see Wally at the Frontier or whatever ends up taking it's spot. I kept picturing him as being lonely at victory road... plus the climate is nicer.

Years
    It would be nice to see at least one. Irc Pearl's father appeared outside of his facility in Pt at least once. I would like to see Wally at the Frontier or whatever ends up taking it's spot. I kept picturing him as being lonely at victory road... plus the climate is nicer.

That would actually not be a bad idea. I could picture the rematches against him being at this so-called "Battle Resort" as opposed to the dark caves of Victory Road.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Its likely now the Battle Resort found in the datamine. I still maintain the idea that its outside of Hoenn, as we have nowhere in Hoenn that contains a facility which hands out Battle Points, which are found in-game as per the trainer card. Unless of course the Battle Institute is in Mauville, which in that case I'm stumped as hell.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    I wonder if Caitlyn will return since she is part of the Unova Elite Four now. That could be one of the reasons the whole BF isn't coming back.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I wonder if Caitlyn will return since she is part of the Unova Elite Four now. That could be one of the reasons the whole BF isn't coming back.

If ORAS were to follow the timeline as RSE, Caitlyn will probably still be in the Battle Frontier because the PtHGSS storyline (which is 2 years after RSE) is supposed to happen before BW/2 when she became an E4 member.

Though I won't want to see those old faces if the Battle Frontier is a reality. I want Emerald faces.

Years
    Its likely now the Battle Resort found in the datamine. I still maintain the idea that its outside of Hoenn, as we have nowhere in Hoenn that contains a facility which hands out Battle Points, which are found in-game as per the trainer card. Unless of course the Battle Institute is in Mauville, which in that case I'm stumped as hell.
    What do you mean? The Battle Tower gave out BP in the original RS. Also the Battle Frontier in Emerald did too...they could just make the island bigger and more like a resort. Btw apparently the island is out of the calling area...at least when calling Scott, so the original island could fit that anyways xD.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    What do you mean? The Battle Tower gave out BP in the original RS. Also the Battle Frontier in Emerald did too...they could just make the island bigger and more like a resort. Btw apparently the island is out of the calling area...at least when calling Scott, so the original island could fit that anyways xD.
    The island that its in RSE is on map here, and there is nothing there.

Anyway, major ****storm this way comes. Battle Maison found with a 2nd Daycare apparently by a reviewer, and NPCs apparently imply that the frontier is being built. Day 1 Patch for ultimate surprise?

Years
    The island that its in RSE is on map here, and there is nothing there.

Anyway, major ****storm this way comes. Battle Maison found with a 2nd Daycare apparently by a reviewer, and NPCs apparently imply that the frontier is being built. Day 1 Patch for ultimate surprise?

Maybe they are building the frontier on the island but won't show it on the map until later?
    Not surprised about the Battle Maison reappearing tbh. Also it'll be an Update or DLC, Patches are meant to fix issues. The idea of a update/DLC upon release seems like a good idea to me, some companies ship out broken games (on purpose to hurt those who pirate or get the street date broken one), this could be GF's version, but nicer.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Update/DLC/Patch, same thing. I can only assume a DLC would update the version number, making it mandatory to play online, thus not locking users out. I can only assume what would be the new Battle Resort would also be pretty big for them to have us download, maybe they also will throw in some new Megas all over Hoenn? I seriously am considering the idea that the leaks forced their hands in using Day 1 updates to make sure nothing gets spoiled.

UnchainedGoku

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Looks Like The Battle Frontier Won't Be Back In ORAS :( Could Be DLC

Oh dear here we go, a reviewer who managed to get his hand on a review copy of the games from Nintendo tweeted earlier that there will be no Battle Frontier in ORAS, the Battle Maison and a second Day Care Center are there but the in game NPC's do mention the Battle Frontier as if it could still come, which could mean we may see it as DLC..... This is by no means confirmed but with only 3 days left until the games come out I'm sure we would have heard something by now, coupled with the fact he had to delete the tweet too. Well this is one feature I really hoped we would see again obviously I'm dissapointed, but I like the idea of it maybe being DLC it could help expand the games life-cycle, oh I dunno, you guys decide.

Source:
    Youtube User pdwinnall

Sorry guys I'm new here I can't post links :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Words cannot express how disappointed I am... the Battle Frontier is one of my all-time favourite features of Pokémon.

I'm also kind of disappointed with the lack of Battle Tower. I know that ORAS is pretty much XY, but with different graphics and models, but at least put some more homage to the originals. :< Eh, I hope the post-game is worth something, at least.

UnchainedGoku

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Words cannot express how disappointed I am... the Battle Frontier is one of my all-time favourite features of Pokémon.

I'm also kind of disappointed with the lack of Battle Tower. I know that ORAS is pretty much XY, but with different graphics and models, but at least put some more homage to the originals. :< Eh, I hope the post-game is worth something, at least.

I'm with you on that, but it could still be DLC, I hope.....

Back