• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Battle Tower is really quite disgusting.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    That's why I don't go to the Battle Tower. :P

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I don't go to the Battle Tower anyway, I prefer the Factory. Fun fun fun~

I have had some terrible luck though, so I think all of the places are quite disgusting sometimes. xD

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    Man, I feel bad for you. I'm just happy that this hasn't happened to me yet. In my defense though, I don't think I've gone thru the tower since I beat palmer the first time.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I liked the tower. I HATED the factory. You only get what you recently defeated or used last round. I once lost to a cherrim that kept using leech seed, mega drain, and sleep powder.
    The battle tower wasn't very hard. Infact I beat Palmer in 5 turns. 2 on dragonite, 1 on rhyperior, and 2 on milotic.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    Guys once you reach match 51 the Battle Tower becomes impossible to finish because your attacks start to miss and the CPU's moves become Super effective agaist you. The battle Tower is very very VERY VERY hard. I don't know anyone with a 100 win streak yet. I do know someone with a 50+ win streak though and no it is not easy to do. XD.:)

Years
    I DEFINITELY think it's rigged. On my first match the dude sent out a Shinx... It used Hyper Beam, pwn't my Rhydon... And that thing has a REALLY freaking high defense. HAAAAAAX!

The game hates me so much that I've never even GOTTEN to Palmer... My game either crashes the match before, I get owned by noobs, or the second to last guy becomes so incredibly uberpowered, I couldn't do it with any pokemon, even if I could have it at lvl 100.

The game irks me.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    You guys are putting me off, I wanted to do this fair and square but I guess I might need to get the cheat out lol. Seriously, is it that bad? I don;t remember it much because my strategy was poor and I used a cheat in Diamond :P

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    The only way you can do some real damage is to EV train with the code that max EV trains to max stats. Not 999 just maxed stats for the nature or maxed stats for the Pokemon but you have the right nature and IV's to do that. Also you need Pokemon with very fast spped since most Pokemon go on the Defensive side rather than th SPDEF side. Sometimes you will run into a Pokemon with high SP DEF but not as much as the DEF though. Just Ev train to maxed attac or SPATK or SPEED and you should have decent matches.Also try to reserve one move space for an attack that always goes first lie Aqua Jet or Ice Shard ETC that way you have a chance to deal in some damage and also reserve your HP as well if you can.:)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You don't need to cheat or anything to do well. All you need is to have a good EV trained team with some kind of protection against luck (Substitute is undeniably the best choice; it protects against critical hits, OHKO moves, and status effects).
    Make use of the game's flawed AI. They only switch if all 4 of their moves are not very effective; however, they don't take into account unusable moves. If they only have one usable move which is not very effective, but the Pokémon has an unusable super-effective move, they won't switch and continue dealing very little damage.
    The most popular strategy to exploit this is to lead with a Pokémon holding a Choice Scarf and use Trick; that way, you'll attack first, and lock them into a single move. Then, you may want to incapacitate your opponent in some way, such as paralyzing them or decreasing their attacking stats. Switch for a Pokémon which can increase its stats (for example, Curse and Amnesia), put up a Substitute, and laugh at your opponent while you max out your Attack. It's quite tedious, but very effective.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    I seriously wanted to hit my screen because of this story:

"OMG I'm up to battle 91! I might get a Trainer Star!"

Opponent sends out Latios

"Go, Latios!"

My Lati uses Dragon pulse and misses. The opponent uses it and gets a crit.

My Chomp comes out, uses outrage. But no, Latios kills it first with Draco Meteor

Next, Heatran comes out, I kill Latios after repeated Dragon Pulses, then get killed by a Feraligatr that got a crit, not that it would matter anyway.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    So battling this trainer in the tower, about my 4th battle. I use hypnosis on happiny, and then she switches out for bulbasaur, which I 1 hit ice beam. Then aipom comes out and uses uturn and happiny comes back out. And to my surprise, happiny work up during the switch! Unbelievable! Since when does switching out cure sleep!

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
    oh wow.

no offense but i'm glad i'm not you.

i could probably go in there with glaceon, espeon, and dragonite and play 72 times and not have that happen. :|

So battling this trainer in the tower, about my 4th battle. I use hypnosis on happiny, and then she switches out for bulbasaur, which I 1 hit ice beam. Then aipom comes out and uses uturn and happiny comes back out. And to my surprise, happiny work up during the switch! Unbelievable! Since when does switching out cure sleep!
    maybe happiny has nutural cure? the ability that heals status effects when switching out?

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Yes , I agree .

That thingy was put there for us to have something to do after Sinnoh . Even though it sucks , it stands in Nintendo's personality to put better things later so we buy them (Pt.'s Frontier anyone ?) .

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Battle Frontiers as a whole are horribly overrated, yet Nintendo shoves them down our throats and expects us to worship them as gods. I haven't the patience to work through all those battles without getting anything for it. And yeah, they have all those reward systems and so on, but for me, reward comes in the form of money and EXP points, and the BF gives neither. Simple as that.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Dude its so freagin hard, not rigged but just made near high impossible just so the good players who EV train and use really indepth strategies be able to come out victorious. You have to put so much time into it, not only do EV training but catch numerous of the same kind of pokemon till you find the best stats on it to be able to EV train. Then theres the strategies since you can't beat the whole thing with brute force, you gotta use protect/substitute along with inflecting status conditions like sleep or paralysis. Thats how you try to beat it.

Back