• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The best browser?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    I'm thinking to switch to Google Chrome
    :( A traitor to the name of Firefox, the best browser in the universe plus one!
    You should not defile your mind with such unholy thoughts.

See about:mozilla in firefox, for proof of a firefox religion.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Overall, I'm kind of thinking Opera. I haven't had a problem with it since I upgraded to its current version (and I hadn't used it for years before then) and whenever I use it, I'm very pleased with it.

However, because of add-ons, I've gotta say Firefox. :( I can't stand not having my Livejournal Add-On. If it weren't for that (and probably that alone--I can deal with not having my others), I'd probably use Opera exclusively. IE is right out for obvious reasons (I like my web browsing to conform to standards, thank you) and Safari looks hideous in Windows. The text rendering is awful. Finally, Chrome is just too plain for me. It's fast, so I use it when I need to check something quickly, but that's about it.

:( A traitor to the name of Firefox, the best browser in the universe plus one!
    You should not defile your mind with such unholy thoughts.

See about:mozilla in firefox, for proof of a firefox religion.
    ...just because you really like Firefox doesn't make it the undeniably best browser in existence. :|

austin_pika

Map Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    Firefox, of course! I like Firefox because it's much faster then IE and because of the AdBlock Plus Add-On. No more annoying Ads that take so long to load!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Safari takes the win for me, it has the best speed and is really beautiful and simple to do things like adding to bookmarks, google search, and it has Aqua effects in it, even on Windows it still has the effects, Firefox is a close second as I like to use it for some things I can't do in Safari like use Youtube's multi Uplaoder.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    On Mac OS X, I use Safari (because IMO it's the fastest), and on Windows I like to use Chrome.

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Firefox and Google Chrome.
    Opera and Safari are just plain fast.
    Even Dillo, Lynx are better than IE

Gabri

m8
    Years
    For Windows, it's Firefox. No discussion; It's fast, simple and shows many things that IE doesn't (many CSS features, for example). It can also have many extras such as the AdBlock. IE is crap, I don't know how can someone like it.
    I don't like Safari for Windows. Same for Opera.
    As I've never used Mac OS or Linux, I can't say what's the best browser for those.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Firefox hands down. I love it to death, it's quick, stands out more and the adverts (if any at all) tend to be more...suitable.

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
    firefox get em! does anybody know how much space firefox takes up? i installed it on my cousins laptop and she thinks firefox is making it run slow lol

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Google Chrome is the one for me. It's just basic, and that's the magic. It separates tabs to windows. And it's just plainly organized. Period.

Plus, the incognito feature is veeerry useful >:D.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    IE6 matches the rest of the displays on XP...I'll use IE6 until I cannot any longer.

Years
    You forgot one- Google Chrome. I havent used it yet though, so...
    I havent used Safari, but I between IE and Firefox, I dont really have a favorite. As long as I have internet acess, I'm happy. Though when IE is messing up, I turn to Firefox, and I find that this very sire runs better in Firefox.

Back