• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    And what of those who outspeed Porygon-Z? Infernape would kill it instantly with either Close Combat or Focus Blast.

If you insist on using Porygon-Z, I think you should use a Choice Scarf, to put would-be threats in their place.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Geez you just dont listen do you? Infernape is NOT a problem, why are you obsessed with it, Dusknoir handles Infernape easily. And Weezing. HEs not a problem, we can handle him, and Specs-Z is all about power.

And as posted before, please go home.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    lol, thanks Midnight.

Running Tri-Attack is nice, that 180 Base Power is nothing to sneeze at. I just want to see the main counters for the team, to see if P-Z has enough coverage to handle what the other cannot.

Porygon-Z@Choice Specs
    Modest / Timid
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Adaptability

Tri-Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Dark Pulse / Hidden Power Fighting

~T_S

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Now I am upset, Midnight.

First off, just ignoring them doesn't make them go away. As you saw, jb kept comming. We had to tell him off once & for all.

& second, this is the whole reason we were so limited. Vainz thought all legends were uber. And as I said, that was before the metagame evolved. Even I considered all legends as uber. But the game has evolved, & all viable options must be thought of. We did NOT forget about Vainz. But upholding a rule that is only holding this team back isn't the way to go. If that's the case, we should destroy this thread, & start a new one.

As I said, we didn't forget about him at all. But I'll be damned if we can't finish this thread, because we are stuck in the past's way of thinking.

EDIT: And Waker, remember that you are very much new to this thread. In fact, we had to catch you up, & I can easily quote the very amateurish mistakes you've made. Plus, as you said, you've never met Vainz. So you don't have that much say, to make huge decisions. Although your opinion & vote are well apreciated.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    One person isn't going to change this thread and get us to use legendaries. ._. If the creator wants us not to use them, we're not using them. And I have no problem with that. This is about being able to use power efficiently without having to resort to using legendaries.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    And Waker of Chaos, I dont care if I get a warning, you dont help the thread, go home and stuff it down your weasly little throat.

But at least I try. You're limiting yourself far too much, and regardless of what terms you were on with Vainz, I've had enough of it.

Back off. I've already reported you.

Back to the topic, I still say Heatran over Porygon-Z. It's more powerful, it has Lava Plume and its 30% chance of causing a burn, and being part Steel gives it a lot of resistances. Porygon-Z can't say that. It can only say, "But I can do more damage!" So what? Heatran isn't as fragile as Porygon-Z.

Eos Aduro

Years
    Well if we react they will probably realize that they are unwelcome and LEAVE! We all think that they should leave, now IM JUST SAYING THEY SHOULD UPFRONT!!! This thread used to be classy, it was fun, and NOOBS INFECT IT! THEY'RE LIKE SOME ROTTON DISEASE THAT REACHED UP FROM THE BOWELS OF THE EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I would rather respect what Vainz wanted for this team than hang around, so if you;re just going to say that since it evolved we shouldn't remember how great OPC used to be, Im out of here.

And Specs-Zs power will really give us a boost.

Ok sorry guys, I admit it, I snapped. Waker of Chaos, Im very sorry, that was uncalled for. Im having a tough time. Now I think I need a Stratgeis and Movesets break, but I'll see what Loquacity has to yell at me about first!

sims796

Years
    As I said, Waker, you are still very much new here, to make any huge decisions. You've only just came. So your word isn't voted on as much. If there is a legends vs no legends vote, your vote won't count for much.

Like it or not, Porygon-Z is VERY bulky. We handle it's weaknesses quite well.

Plus, Heatran falls to one EQ, so he isn't that invincible. Lava Plume is weaker than Flamethrower, which Z has. We need a sweeper, not a bulky poke.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    PEOPLE! LET'S GET BACK TO WHAT THIS THREAD IS REALLY ABOUT!

Porygon-Z@Choice Specs
    Modest / Timid
    Adaptability

Tri-Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

I just want to know what the most likely counters are for the team before Specs-Z, so we can see how he covers the weakness, as his coverage looks pretty damn good to me. ;)

~T_S

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Geez you just dont listen do you? Infernape is NOT a problem, why are you obsessed with it, Dusknoir handles Infernape easily. And Weezing. HEs not a problem, we can handle him, and Specs-Z is all about power.

And as posted before, please go home.

Really? What if both have fainted already, hmm? What then, huh? WHAT THE HELL THEN?!

Let's see you make me "go home", you blasted, closed-minded little stubborn brat. Heatran's easily more sturdy than Porygon-Z and STILL does plenty of damage as a special sweeper. If you aren't willing to use legendary Pokémon, then you don't flipping belong here. We're trying to find the best team overall, and that means considering even legendary Pokémon.

If you don't like it, get out. That's all that needs to be said to you.

As I said, Waker, you are still very much new here, to make any huge decisions. You've only just came. So your word isn't voted on as much. If there is a legends vs no legends vote, your vote won't count for much.

Like it or not, Porygon-Z is VERY bulky. We handle it's weaknesses quite well.

That's fine, but Heatran has better HP, Defense, and Special Defense. It's bulkier. Therefore, it's a better choice. You said stats are more important than type weaknesses, so it really should not be a problem. I don't care if I'm not as important, logic dictates that if you want the "best overall team", you can't afford to limit yourself AT ALL. Midnight doesn't understand this, and thus does not belong.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    Make the best overall team possible. Sweepers, Walls, ect. It will have as few repeating weaknesses as possiable, and there will be no Legendary pokemon.

Dont post if you just want to critize my idea.

Waker, read those parts of the first post. -_-

Edit: The way this is going, I expect this thread to be closed soon. I think I'll be smart and get the hell out of here until things get back to normal. Kthx.

Eos Aduro

Years
    Aaaand I apologized, but I didnt want to double post, but it looks like 8 billion people posted at the same time after me, so yes Im sorry Chaos, I snapped and Im sorry, but you just rubbed me the wrong way, and Im good now. And Porygon-Z I actually prefer voer Heatran, having to pretty much HAVE to be scarfed and his 4 times ground weakness annoys me a little too much.

sims796

Years
    Excuse me? This isn't your thread. As I said, you JUST arrived, to DARE tell us how to do it?

As I said, WE DO NOT NEED A BULKY SWEEPER! We need one to do the most damage.

I still vote Heatran, but not for your reasons at all.

I'm sorry, & in all due respect, Waker, if you don't like it, you can leave.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Aaaand I apologized, but I didnt want to double post, but it looks like 8 billion people posted at the same time after me, so yes Im sorry Chaos, I snapped and Im sorry, but you just rubbed me the wrong way, and Im good now. And Porygon-Z I actually prefer voer Heatran, having to pretty much HAVE to be scarfed and his 4 times ground weakness annoys me a little too much.

Now you're being logical. That's what I like to see. Sorry I missed the apology if it was in earlier post. No real offense taken.

Yeah, a double weakness like that can be annoying, but we have Weezing and Dusknoir, and we might use a Salamence or something instead of Heracross to help that, too.

Eos Aduro

Years
    I'll try to stay out of this, sims you're getting PMed by me BTW. And HEatran has power, but so many things can counter it, it has to switch a little too much for my liking, if Specs-Z gets ahold of Tri Attack power it doesnt need to switch because it can almost definately 2HKO everything thrown at it.

And Tortured Soul, I dont think it will get approved since this one already exists.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    oh well.

As I have posted twice before:

Porygon-Z@Choice Specs
    Modest / Timid
    Adaptability

Tri-Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

Now, how is the coverage of Specs_Z over Heatran? Let's just think of Special Attacking for now.

Overall Coverage? Which is better / Covers more weaknesses?

~T_S

sims796

Years
    This i something I won't tolerate.

MDKS, Hoto, Mullet, Lord Mike, all tried to come in & tell us how to do things. If you do not like the way thngs are run here, too bad. They were all warned,and in some cases, banned.

If we do decide to not use legends, then oh well. We just have to go with that. We will ALL decide to do it a certain way. No one will come in here out of nowhere to say how things are run.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back