• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Pokemon Movie

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
  • Mine's probably Pokémon 2000. I believe I wore the video out and wrecked my video player with this one alone xD luckily my best friend bought me it on DVD.

I don't know. I think the Shamouti legend was pretty cool. Melody is one of my favourite Pokémon characters of all time. And Lugia is just awesome =D oh, and the Orange Islands series always was my favourite anyway.

I have to say though, I did also enjoy Mewtwo Strikes Back, as well as Pokémon 3 and Pokémon 4EVER, but I find after that they start getting a bit too squishy and sentimental.

I can only hope I'm not the only 19-year-old that comes close to tears when watching the movies xD

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I liked Movie 2000 and Mewtwo Strikes back. I have stopped watching the anime and movies due to boredom but I have faith in the 11th movie.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Mine is Pocket Monsters: Myuutsuu no Gyakushuu, especially the VHS version. I wonder if that DVD Pikachuu collection box includes the old version of the movie or the arranged version released on DVD. I think it said "Theatrical Edition" so I think it's the original.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • My favorite Pokemon movie would most definitely have to be Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. The underwater scene of this movie was very interesting, it has rarely been seen in the anime series of Pokemon. They managed to produce the calm and cool feeling very well in the setting, while still able to put a large amount of suspense in the movie. The storyline was fantastic to me, and it surprised me how a whole temple would sink if the Sea Crown was not replaced. I'd say this movie was very unique in the storyline, unlike others which had very predictable storylines (Rise of Darkrai). Also, the story portrayed wasn't completely bizarre, because it seemed completely logical that if the insides of the temple got filled with water, it would sink, and that the Sea Crown held water, so if it was truly removed it would release water to make it sink. Some examples of bizarre solutions would be in the 10th movie, where a song quelled the legendary beasts. I was not too happy about that. The ending of the movie was both a happy and a sad tone. For one part, I was happy that Manaphy would rule the ocean, but another part was sad because Manaphy's reign would split two close friends apart. The emotions in the movie were very powerful between Manaphy and May, and I always loved water Pokemon anyways.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2008
    lucario and the mystery of mew is definantly my fav because dem regis are sick

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    IMHO Pokemon Heroes was the best Pokemon movie they made. It had a great storyline and scenery (Well I like Venice so yeah XP;).

Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea and Lucario and Mystery of Mew (LUCARIO!!!) was a good one too, the storyline, music, and scenery was very good in that one, but it's not one of my favs. ^^;

Murasaki

Confused @_@
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    Pokemon the First Movie, because by the time we'd got to the third, I'd given up watching the anime. However, I did watch Lucario and the Mystery of Mew... but only because Lucario = yay x3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    As many times I watched the first movie when I was younger, and its still the original Pokemon Movie awesomness... 2000 is my favorite.

Has been ever since it came out.

For some reason, I really love that movie. xD

Cid

Years
  • Hmm... I think it's either Mewtwo Strikes Back or Lucario and the Mystery of Mew... I did like Heroes and Manaphy's movie (I forgot the name)... Anyway, they're all good...

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • The Power of One is my favorite of all. It ws just...It was just grand. It also didn't have one of those overly depressing, sad parts (Rise of Darkrai, anyone?)
    Mewtwo Strikes back was also a great one. Severly epic, it was amazing.
    Aaaand Pokemon 3 was sweet too, if not only for that epic scene when Charizard comes out of nowhere and saves the day.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 10, 2010
    Mine would have to be the first one they came out with. Same with the games, I like to play the red and blue versions over all the rest. The only bad thing about that is the selection of moves.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Mewtwo Strikes Back (the first one)

Pokemon Heroes (ya know, Latios, Latias)

Good memories...

Back